(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 82.
#3551 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

How long did it take to deliver after paying for it?

Options email 10/1
Invoice 10/7 paid same day
Shipped 10/11
Delivered 10/13

#3552 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Options email 10/1
Invoice 10/7 paid same day
Shipped 10/11
Delivered 10/13

Thanks! I was optioned on 10/1 and haven't heard anything since. So there is still a chance I get it by Halloween. Awesome!

#3553 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

So if that’s the case I’d say if you are under number 90-100 you’ll likely get this physically delivered prior to “Halloween”. With adding approximately a 1-2 week +/- some weeks slowing down (shortage of parts, corrections etc) some increasing etc these would be my guess for delivery for the following roughly first 500ish
#120-140 11/01-11/15 2021
#141-159 11/16-11/28 2021
#160-179 12/01-12/14 2021
#180-199 12/15-12/31 2021
#200-225 01/01-01/15 2022
#226-240 01/16-01/31 2022
#241-270 02/01-02/15 2022
#271-300 02/16-02/28 2022
#301-340 03/01-03/15 2022
#341-365 03/16-03/31 2022
#366-390 04/01-04/15 2022
#391-425 04/16-04/30 2022
#426-449 05/01-05/15 2022
#450-480 05/16-05/31 2022
#481-515 06/01-06/15 2022

What is your estimate for #1225? Lol

#3554 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

What is your estimate for #1225? Lol

A day longer than you would like! I like that # a lot though!

#3555 2 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

A day longer than you would like! I like that # a lot though!

It's all good. I know it's going to be a long time, and I'm not even going to try and trade up. Hopefully you all in the 100s get your games soon.

#3556 2 years ago

Should have #78 in a week or so - if anyone local wants to trade for a GNR LE please pm me - perhaps we can make a deal.

#3557 2 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

I've got #18 and live in London, not got it yet as its on the boat, but soon.

Maybe this is one advantage of Brexit

#3558 2 years ago

Just paid my invoice for #61. Looks like I will have it by Halloween!

#3559 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Should have #78 in a week or so - if anyone local wants to trade for a GNR LE please pm me - perhaps we can make a deal.

Have you played both machines? I realize I'm biased (as is the rest of this thread being a HWN thread), but that's a terrible idea.

#3560 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Just paid my invoice for #61. Looks like I will have it by Halloween!

Sounds like invoice for #63 should be coming soon.

#3561 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Et tu, Brute?

Ha, hopefully you find what you’re looking for. #78 is a cool number, for sure. Someone will be lucky.

#3562 2 years ago

I have played GNR and liked it a lot - as I love Rock pins. I have not played Halloween yet and I have been on the fence since day 1. After watching almost all of the streams (minus the completely negative ones I read about here), I really don't think I will enjoy the subways all too much and 4 of the main shots in the game all go that route, so it is of a big concern. The 3 hedge shots look like they will get old very quickly (again just my opinion based on what I like in a game) and that takes up the entire left side of the playfield. Wish they shot the ball back and didn't go the subway route. Please remember we didn't see all too much prior to the 9am sell time and I knew it was going to sellout immediately. HUGE fan of the original film and theme is very important to me - Game is definitely cool and different but it just may not be for me to invest 10K. I may keep it in the box or play it - haven't decided yet. If I had unlimited funds, yes I would be keeping it 100% but I don't. It saddens me, but this is where I'm at.

Very happy for those that are getting this and I hope all of you love it.

#3563 2 years ago

#78 is the ultimate fan number, I would think someone will grab this soon. Good luck!!

#3564 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I have played GNR and liked it a lot - as I love Rock pins. I have not played Halloween yet and I have been on the fence since day 1. After watching almost all of the streams (minus the completely negative ones I read about here), I really don't think I will enjoy the subways all too much and 4 of the main shots in the game all go that route, so it is of a big concern. The 3 hedge shots look like they will get old very quickly (again just my opinion based on what I like in a game) and that takes up the entire left side of the playfield. Wish they shot the ball back and didn't go the subway route. Please remember we didn't see all too much prior to the 9am sell time and I knew it was going to sellout immediately. HUGE fan of the original film and theme is very important to me - Game is definitely cool and different but it just may not be for me to invest 10K. I may keep it in the box or play it - haven't decided yet. If I had unlimited funds, yes I would be keeping it 100% but I don't. It saddens me, but this is where I'm at.

Glad you have played GnR before deciding, and have well thought out reasons that Halloween may not be for you. I personally find GnR, like most JJP games, to be super impressive and beautiful, but just not my type of game at all (shots or code wise). I can see why people like it though. Best of luck with your trade!

#3565 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I say play Halloween first, that left side is deceiving, they are not that easy to hit with the targets between them. And I found myself rarely shooting in that direction unless I'm trying for Hedge MB. I usually shoot for the center ramp to get to the top pf. The sounds on Halloween alone make it a keeper over GnR, especially if your a fan of the movie.

#3566 2 years ago

I know I should definitely give it a try before I attempt to bail on it.

#3567 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I think you could get away with that and still be able to sell at the price point you paid or more because of the #
With that being said, you should play it first before coming to that decision.

#3568 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Honestly I’d give it a try bud .In case you want to still trade lmk what’s local for you .I have a GnRLE wasn’t thinking about getting rid of it but might for this and sell my other HW spot .

#3569 2 years ago

#80 invoice received

#3570 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

#80 invoice received

Weird I haven't gotten my #79 invoice yet. Hopefully that means I will soon. Were you getting butter cab? I was getting standard.

#3571 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Honestly I’d give it a try bud .In case you want to still trade lmk what’s local for you .I have a GnRLE wasn’t thinking about getting rid of it but might for this and sell my other HW spot .

You're right - after serious thought, I'm Going to try first before I bail on it. Its a dream theme so I have to give it a chance. Invoice paid.

#3572 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Weird I haven't gotten my #79 invoice yet. Hopefully that means I will soon. Were you getting butter cab? I was getting standard.

No butter. I’m sure your invoice is on the way, but may be worth a call tomorrow if you haven’t heard anything.

#3573 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Make sure to check your junk mail. Just in case. My original emails were going straight to junk. I had to add them as a permanent contact.

#3574 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

You're right - after serious thought, I'm Going to try first before I bail on it. Its a dream theme so I have to give it a chance. Invoice paid.

Just can't see how you can't like it if it is a dream theme. . . all I can advise is to give it a fair shot and don't let someone else's opinion or an insert sway yours. . . If your an advocate for pinball and not just looking to shit on the first thing you can, I think you will find a lot to enjoy here. . .

#3575 2 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

Just can't see how you can't like it if it is a dream theme. . . all I can advise is to give it a fair shot and don't let someone else's opinion or an insert sway yours. . . If your an advocate for pinball and not just looking to shit on the first thing you can, I think you will find a lot to enjoy here. . .

Definitely a dream theme for me, but theme isn’t everything - the game must shoot well. Others opinions and an insert issue don’t mean anything to me. My concerns lie in reality on how the game will play based on what I like. I’ll have it late next week and will dive into the game and then decide. If I like it, I’ll keep it. If I don’t, I won’t. Trying to be positive - I hope I love it!

#3576 2 years ago

Curious to hear your feedback when you get the game. Sounds like you arent the type to just hype a game because you bought one without playing it.

Quoted from John-Floyd:

Definitely a dream theme for me, but theme isn’t everything - the game must shoot well. Others opinions and an insert issue don’t mean anything to me. My concerns lie in reality on how the game will play based on what I like. I’ll have it late next week and will dive into the game and then decide. If I like it, I’ll keep it. If I don’t, I won’t. Trying to be positive - I hope I love it!

#3577 2 years ago

A little off topic but I finally purchased a TOT Captain Kirk Mask that I will be trying to convert to Michael Myers mask. I've been wanting to do this for a few years now and decided it was time. Wish me luck!

#3578 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Make sure to check your junk mail. Just in case. My original emails were going straight to junk. I had to add them as a permanent contact.

Ya, checked spam and nothing. Still haven't gotten it., up to now. I forgot they are just open 4 days a week, but I'll probably mail them if I don't get it by Monday.

I wouldn't have thought much of it, if didn't see someone one number after me already got theirs.

#3579 2 years ago

My local theater

FB_IMG_1634321708138 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1634321708138 (resized).jpg
#3580 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

My local theater
[quoted image]

that's so awesome

#3581 2 years ago

Getting ready to stream Halloween Kills. Been looking forward to this one. Hoping Laurie isn’t called “grandmother” 50 times like she was in the last one. Found that so odd. All my buddies thought it sounded weird too - Who does that? Don’t most just say grandma!? Lol

F1066BAD-671C-4AB5-830C-4F55ACA3C222 (resized).jpegF1066BAD-671C-4AB5-830C-4F55ACA3C222 (resized).jpeg
#3582 2 years ago

Halloween Kills queued up for later tonight. And got this from Amazon today!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#3583 2 years ago

Those leaves look stupid

Quoted from jk2171:

Halloween Kills queued up for later tonight. And got this from Amazon today!
[quoted image]

#3584 2 years ago

And it shows michaels neck…

#3585 2 years ago

Very shocked to hear of someone knocking the cabinet artwork. I think it’s phenomenal and perfectly captures the Halloween vibe. One of the best cabs I’ve ever seen.

#3586 2 years ago

I agree looks great when he was talking about how the leaves didn’t make sense etc I was thinking what in the hell is this guy talking about.

I can’t wait to get my hands on the game - like you I’m unsure of the gameplay. But I can’t wait to play it. I’m a standard owner so I’m way way out

Quoted from John-Floyd:

Very shocked to hear of someone knocking the cabinet artwork. I think it’s phenomenal and perfectly captures the Halloween vibe. One of the best cabs I’ve ever seen.

#3587 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

My local theater
[quoted image]

No shit !!

#3588 2 years ago

We’re putting a TV outside tomorrow night to watch it next to a big fire !

#3589 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:We’re putting a TV outside tomorrow night to watch it next to a big fire !

Behind the hedge I assume.

#3590 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:I have played GNR and liked it a lot - as I love Rock pins. I have not played Halloween yet and I have been on the fence since day 1. After watching almost all of the streams (minus the completely negative ones I read about here), I really don't think I will enjoy the subways all too much and 4 of the main shots in the game all go that route, so it is of a big concern. The 3 hedge shots look like they will get old very quickly (again just my opinion based on what I like in a game) and that takes up the entire left side of the playfield. Wish they shot the ball back and didn't go the subway route. Please remember we didn't see all too much prior to the 9am sell time and I knew it was going to sellout immediately. HUGE fan of the original film and theme is very important to me - Game is definitely cool and different but it just may not be for me to invest 10K. I may keep it in the box or play it - haven't decided yet. If I had unlimited funds, yes I would be keeping it 100% but I don't. It saddens me, but this is where I'm at.

Welp. . . unfortunately. . that guy that has a podcast that kinda looks like he has a squirrel on his head used your post to shit on the game some more and also Halloween Kills, which I thought was a kick ass movie personally. I think you are entitled to do what you want with your money and your spot. . . who is it for anyone to judge. .

With someone with that big of a following, think what good they could do if they decided to be a true advocate for pinball!

#3591 2 years ago

No clue who you are referring to, but I stand behind what I said. I have concerns and I believe that’s a fair comment as I’m a buyer. Will only know for fact once I play it. Hoping I’m pleasantly surprised. Don’t like my posts being used by others to shit all over a game though - that is not my intent. I try to be a positive person and I can also mention plenty of things I do like about this game.

As for Halloween kills, just finished watching it. Some Aspects I really liked, but some dialog had me cringing here and there. Worth a viewing. Im kinda a purist when it comes to Michael Myers and nothing will ever touch the original.

#3592 2 years ago

This guy?

Quoted from Porkfritter:

Welp. . . unfortunately. . that guy that has a podcast that kinda looks like he has a squirrel on his head used your post to shit on the game some more and also Halloween Kills, which I thought was a kick ass movie personally. I think you are entitled to do what you want with your money and your spot. . . who is it for anyone to judge. .
With someone with that big of a following, think what good they could do if they decided to be a true advocate for pinball!

63075D58-F8C7-4923-9429-9C7C963ED2B3 (resized).jpeg63075D58-F8C7-4923-9429-9C7C963ED2B3 (resized).jpeg
#3593 2 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

Welp. . . unfortunately. . that guy

Yeah, “that guy”. That name should never be written. I like that!

He will do what he has to do to get noticed no matter who he pisses off.

#3594 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Have you played both machines? I realize I'm biased (as is the rest of this thread being a HWN thread), but that's a terrible idea.

I really enjoy Halloween kills. Much more like an old school Halloween movie although not as good as the original of course and there were things I def didn’t like about it but thank God they dropped the dumb humor. Not a fan of Michael fighting multiple people at once and prob the worst rendition of the main theme but I just loved the flashbacks to 1978 and brutal kills

#3595 2 years ago

The flashbacks were the only saving Grace to this film - Very well done. Glad they dropped the attempts at humor as well. Movie was all over the place - some parts I liked, some were just terrible. A lot of wasted time on elements that really didn’t matter all too much. Michael is more of a stalker - his actions in this film were far from the norm taking on crowds of people all at once on multiple occasions. Didn’t fit.

While definitely entertaining, there is no way this movie should have been postponed a year so people can view it as some ‘masterpiece’ in theaters as they mentioned. Very overhyped but that’s expected.
Glad it only costed $5 to stream it at home.

#3596 2 years ago

Halloween Kills was fantastic and it left right off Halloween's last scene in movie and ties in perfect. My wife and I have been geeking out on all of the films lately and Halloween Kills is one of the best in the remake series.

We were going to go pay and see this one on the big screen, but decided just to stay home-crank up the volume/bass-turn on spooky halloween lights and watch it for free.

#3597 2 years ago

definitely glad we checked out HK last night. They definitely did not work on the dialogue very hard, and I have to imagine the format of the movie was partially a way to convince JLC to do a 3rd movie, since she really didn’t have too many scenes. And yeah the kills were WAAAAY more F13 than Halloween 1. I dont think I would have cared about that if not for the fact that they made a BFD about ignoring the other sequels. I also felt like the pacing was weird - the 1978 scenes made me want for John Carpenter’s Panaflex lens and the way he would slowly let things unfold. But I guess it’s not 1978 any more.

But anyway, it was still good to see some of the flashback story, I noted a couple of grabs from the 1980 Halloween TV version, which was cool, and in general though it was a little silly in some parts, I liked Anthony Michael Hall WAY more than I expected to, and the vigilante crowd scenes reminded me heavily of the ”Monsters Are Due on Maple Street.” Yeah I’ll check out Halloween Ends.

#3598 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

definitely glad we checked out HK last night. They definitely did not work on the dialogue very hard, and I have to imagine the format of the movie was partially a way to convince JLC to do a 3rd movie, since she really didn’t have too many scenes. And yeah the kills were WAAAAY more F13 than Halloween 1. I dont think I would have cared about that if not for the fact that they made a BFD about ignoring the other sequels. I also felt like the pacing was weird - the 1978 scenes made me want for John Carpenter’s Panaflex lens and the way he would slowly let things unfold. But I guess it’s not 1978 any more.
But anyway, it was still good to see some of the flashback story, I noted a couple of grabs from the 1980 Halloween TV version, which was cool, and in general though it was a little silly in some parts, I liked Anthony Michael Hall WAY more than I expected to, and the vigilante crowd scenes reminded me heavily of the ”Monsters Are Due on Maple Street.” Yeah I’ll check out Halloween Ends.

Ya, my problem with the 2018 reboot wasn't scrapping most of the sequels since that is pretty common for long running horror franchises that have turned into a continuity mess. That said I thought it was really lame and pretentious to scrap Halloween 2 as I thought that was a really solid sequel.

I know that John Carpenter hates Halloween 2, but it is definitely a cut above the rest of the mostly junk sequels and Myers following Laurie to the hospital the same night really drives home how scarred she would have been by the encounter later in life.

If it had been up to me Halloween 2018 and onward should have picked up after 2.

#3599 2 years ago

Watched and enjoyed it last night. Pretty much impossible to every beat the original and initial followup in any series ( maybe John Wick for me).

HK had enough to be a good flick. Actually thought several parts ( his face shots/ images, subtle stuff going on behind, throwback tie ins, nice blood and guts) were actually quite good for this kind of movie.

Decent plot, couple cringe worthy moments for sure. I've seen way worse....overall, it delivered.

#3600 2 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

Found who you are referring to after a little research. don’t know much about him, but saw his post on Facebook and responded.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 210.00
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/72?hl=chetrico and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.