(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 82.
#3451 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You guys getting the Butter/No Butter options?

No butter for me but glad others like it. as it is truly a work of art

#3452 2 years ago

Saw this RM butter shot example

92762986bcfb97f40012efecc364a714a7d7fced (resized).jpg92762986bcfb97f40012efecc364a714a7d7fced (resized).jpg
#3453 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]

Damn looks 3D

#3454 2 years ago

Is anyone talking about the great job Tommy did with the 3 plus hr stream ? I was back and forth live ,my kids had a Bears party so I started watching again last night.I have been on board the whole while but that straightened a bunch out I would say .Still very early but I liked the mode selections and how when in sanitarium the house flipper went dead to drop down .I’m sure they will do the same for the opposite to clear up what your doing .Modes looked real cool , seems timing is going to be a big part of a couple .Looking good crew I’m glad they’re sticking to the suspense but here’s another vote for “Dont fear the reaper “ getting worked in somewhere to change things up if possible .If not no biggie onward we go !

#3455 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

If Bally/Williams, or data east would have made it. It would have been 100 times better.my favorite slasher of all time and sucks that gottlieb was the one that got that amazing license.

My biggest pinball wish (ok...maybe right after Harry Potter) is for Spooky to make Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm St someday. Seeing the love they are pouring into Halloween makes me absolutely drool over the prospect of seeing those three titles lined up. I would be 100% in on CEs of all three.

#3457 2 years ago

Seriously, I'm already leaning yes to Butter, but if it looks as good on Halloween, umm hell yes.

#3458 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Seriously, I'm already leaning yes to Butter, but if it looks as good on Halloween, umm hell yes.

My biggest regret is I didn’t go butter with R&M. My ACNC and Halloween are both butter. So worth it! Unnecessary, and expensive, but it looks and feels incredible.

#3459 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

My biggest regret is I didn’t go butter with R&M. My ACNC and Halloween are both butter. So worth it! Unnecessary, and expensive, but it looks and feels incredible.

Could you take some pics of your Halloween? Love your vids btw! Bummed Ive never seen, much less played an ACNC....

#3460 2 years ago

Here’s one. See the reflection of our window. I can get more tomorrow. ACNC has an art package like no other and I love it’s play…but brutal.

F281E992-3FA2-4282-A32F-DC37C63704F4 (resized).jpegF281E992-3FA2-4282-A32F-DC37C63704F4 (resized).jpeg
#3461 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Here’s one. See the reflection of our window. I can get more tomorrow. ACNC has an art package like no other and I love it’s play…but brutal.
[quoted image]

That side armor/powder looks stunning.

#3462 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

That side armor/powder looks stunning.

Working with a modder…just wait. Gonna be next level.

#3463 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

My biggest pinball wish (ok...maybe right after Harry Potter) is for Spooky to make Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm St someday. Seeing the love they are pouring into Halloween makes me absolutely drool over the prospect of seeing those three titles lined up. I would be 100% in on CEs of all three.

I like your style!

#3464 2 years ago

This insert debate is like the Billy Ripken FF baseball card. Once they fix it, the rare ones will be all everybody wants.

#3465 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

This insert debate is like the Billy Ripken FF baseball card. Once they fix it, the rare ones will be all everybody wants.

If they do fix the insert, I'll just have to get one of each in that case.

#3466 2 years ago

New code is looking so good! Game is progressing so well. Love it!

#3467 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]

I think you just cost me an extra $900. Damn you lol. How much is butter upgrade? $899 or $999?

#3468 2 years ago

With the customer games starting to land here soon I will be switching over to the club thread only! Can't keep up with 4 threads lol

Quoted from Drac:

If they do fix the insert, I'll just have to get one of each in that case.

I did in fact make the change to extend the insert. With inventory it will take awhile to kick in but it has been adjusted. Just hope everybody can be cool about this so we can continue to improve during builds.

#3469 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

It will be like "Negative Reinforcment" on early GB Pro's. No one pays extra for that and anyone who doesn't feverishly listen to every bit of pinball-related drama would have to have the issue pointed out to them for it to be noticed. Even several posters in this thread admitted they didn't notice it until it was mentioned.

#3470 2 years ago

Is there a number where the new playfields will have the extended insert?

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

With the customer games starting to land here soon I will be switching over to the club thread only! Can't keep up with 4 threads lol

I did in fact make the change to extend the insert. With inventory it will take awhile to kick in but it has been adjusted. Just hope everybody can be cool about this so we can continue to improve during builds.

#3471 2 years ago

Was just gonna ask the same. I’m 78’, glad they addressed it and hope it’s corrected on mine but it never was a deal breaker for me.

#3472 2 years ago

Same here was good either way.

blockquote cite="#6535829">Was just gonna ask the same. I’m 78’, glad they addressed it and hope it’s corrected on mine but it never was a deal breaker for me.

#3473 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I was just about to post about how there's no way that insert could be fixed now since the design is done and playfields are printed, but ..WOW, what do I know!? Amazing.

#3474 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I was just about to post about how there's no way that insert could be fixed now since the design is done and playfields are printed, but ..WOW, what do I know!? Amazing.

Yep would love to know the approach / process Spooky will be doing for the insert fix. Also be curious to know how the change made will effect the future integrity of the playfield.

#3475 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Yep would love to know the approach / process Spooky will be doing for the insert fix. Also be curious to know how the change made will effect the future integrity of the playfield.

Seems pretty straight forward - after the current stock is depleted, newer playfields will be cut with the larger insert. No way they can retrofit the existing pfs, which is why Luke is asking that everyone be cool with this.

#3476 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

how the change made will effect the future integrity of the playfield.

It won't. At all. Why in gods' name would you think that extending an insert by a quarter of an inch or whatever, that's only like 1/4" wide anyways, would have any kind of meaningful effect there? Playfields are full of holes. If one wanted to be concerned about long term integrity/warping issues, the massive cutout for the mini playfields (and the edge along the outside being as thin as it is relative to the rest) is far more damning than expanding this tiny bit of insert.

#3477 2 years ago

Which thread is that?

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

#3479 2 years ago

# 78' here - just got the email. Life is good.

#3480 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

# 78' here - just got the email. Life is good.

Ha, me too #80. Pulling the plug on this thread and headed to the owners club. Happy Halloween!

#3481 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Ha, me too #80. Pulling the plug on this thread and headed to the owners club. Happy Halloween!

Same here for #79. Looking like will pan out to get it before Halloween.

On a loosely related note my son had a Myers themed cake for his third birthday last week. Lol

20211001_192548 (resized).jpg20211001_192548 (resized).jpg
#3482 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:# 78' here - just got the email. Life is good.

So happy for you. Cant wait until I get that special email

#3483 2 years ago

John got the best number out there!!

#3484 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

It will be like "Negative Reinforcment" on early GB Pro's. No one pays extra for that and anyone who doesn't feverishly listen to every bit of pinball-related drama would have to have the issue pointed out to them for it to be noticed. Even several posters in this thread admitted they didn't notice it until it was mentioned.

Have to admit, I never noticed it on mine until it was mentioned here. I guess I would make a terrible detective.

#3485 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Another good reason for Spooky to send out the first games to trusted operators who have been with them through the beginning, friends and faimly. . . who aren't going to rake them over the coals for this. . . For those that it matters to, I'm glad it was my insert that is a little off so that yours can be OK and it was caught in time!

Awesome that Spooky listened and is making the change. . . just yet another win for Spooky. . . IMHO. . .

#3486 2 years ago

Leave it to pinside.

AEB29C67-E424-4F12-95D7-322AE3238142 (resized).jpegAEB29C67-E424-4F12-95D7-322AE3238142 (resized).jpeg

#3487 2 years ago

Put the jukebox on earlier, 4706

67C00163-10F4-489F-B4E5-B1257053F352 (resized).jpeg67C00163-10F4-489F-B4E5-B1257053F352 (resized).jpeg
#3488 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Because using 90's footage would look ragtag with low video quality (and there would be no footage for Chinese Democracy songs).
The concert footage in the pin doesn't focus on Axl - there's a lot of shifting around to show the other band members, crowd, video wall, etc. It's very well done.
Don't let the concert footage be the *one* thing preventing you from buying one - it's a great game. But don't just take my word for it, ask Spooky Charlie what he thinks about it!

Don’t listen to JJP ultra fanboys. GNR old axel is every bit as bad as you’d think and then some. Plus the game shoots like a dog. Why are GNR sycophants promoting GNR/JJP in a Spooky thread? Let Spooky have some dignity without being tainted by promoting JJP sales department in this thread, sheesh do you guys ever let up?

GNR not only plays like a slow moving dog, but there are no mechs in the game, other than tons of cheap LEDs and a couple ball locks. Halloween on the other hand shoots tremendously well, has 7 ball locks and many ball interactive mechs. Night and day difference between Spooky and JJP, even though they are about the same size companies, with a weekly output of machines about or approaching 40. JJP is going to be left behind Spooky, since Spooky knows how to make PF. Something JJP has not learned how to do for going on at least their last 4 games now and soon to be 5th TS.

#3489 2 years ago

Just received my invoice, and paid for number 52

#3490 2 years ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

... and many ball interactive mechs.

I really don't have a horse in this race as I am not a buyer of either Halloween nor GNR. Admittedly, I enjoyed Halloween better when I played both at SFGE. However, can you please list the "many ball interactive mechs" that Halloween has?

#3491 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I really don't have a horse in this race as I am not a buyer of either Halloween nor GNR. Admittedly, I enjoyed Halloween better when I played both at SFGE. However, can you please list the "many ball interactive mechs" that Halloween has?

Sounds like anything I list you’ll question, lol.

Glad you also think Halloween shoots much better than GNR. Lots of people are finding that out now, that’s another reason so many GNRs are up for sale.

#3492 2 years ago

I bought Halloween and GNR is next on my list to buy. Both games are great.

#3493 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Depending on what you classify as a mech. It has the subway system with the triple Michael pop ups, the grave ball lock, in lane ball lifters, 2 full upper playfields, and a 3rd upper with a magnetic ball lock.

#3494 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Depending on what you classify as a mech. It has the subway system with the triple Michael pop ups, the grave ball lock, in lane ball lifters, 2 full upper playfields, and a 3rd upper with a magnetic ball lock.

Serious question are vuks considered mechs? If so, then yes, the lifts should be as well. If they are not, then no.

#3495 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Serious question are vuks considered mechs? If so, then yes, the lifts should be as well. If they are not, then no.

This was the point of my question. I don’t consider VUKs, spinners, diverters, subways, etc as mechs. Clearly anything mechanical is a mech by definition.

I think of them more like the TRex in JP, Rudy in Funhouse, the hand in Adams Family, Trunk in TOM, building in Godzilla. All of these interact with the ball in a significant way.

#3496 2 years ago

Hi all. Selling spot #215 if interested https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/122267

#3497 2 years ago

When “Mechs” are referenced it is typically related to unique game mechanisms…in the pinball vernacular anyway.

Quoted from Roostking:

#3498 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

This was the point of my question. I don’t consider VUKs, spinners, diverters, subways, etc as mechs. Clearly anything mechanical is a mech by definition.
I think of them more like the TRex in JP, Rudy in Funhouse, the hand in Adams Family, Trunk in TOM, building in Godzilla. All of these interact with the ball in a significant way.

Well how about the five or six lit drop targets that change behavior depending on the mode? Even light up green or red to show you which is the intended target? That's pretty interactive in a meaningful way.

I think I'd take this over the hand in TAF that simply wastes your time initially just showing it can pick up the ball. Gets old quick.

The magnet hold on the balcony is a toy mech... doesn't waste much time either

#3499 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

When “Mechs” are referenced it is typically related to unique game mechanisms…in the pinball vernacular anyway.

Pretty much what I figured. It has to somehow interact with the ball, not just move it around.

#3500 2 years ago

Any update on where they are in the production line?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 49.99
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/70?hl=obed_marsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.