(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 82.
#251 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Taking all this into account... why in the hell are you dropping $7-9k on this pin?!?
Serious question

I agree with you 100%. Once I was determined to add this machine to my collection, it kind of became a blue balls situation. Felt like I had to finish, ya know?

#252 2 years ago

I was just able to check out now, been trying since 9

#253 2 years ago

Keep refreshing guys!

#254 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

$60 paypal fee and eliminating the middle man.

Technically isn't it only $15 more since you don;t have to join the pointless fang club?
EDIT: Oh sorry i think you have to be in the fang club anyway

#255 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

They have top notch distributors...why aren't people using them when the website is obviously struggling?

Because some of us don't care for some of them. I'd much rather go through Spooky.

#256 2 years ago

I’m in boys!!! CE on deck!!
Witness Me!!

#257 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Because some of us don't care for some of them. I'd much rather go through Spooky.

That's what we all thought @ 9:59am

#258 2 years ago

I seen no option to add a butter cabinet at checkout

#259 2 years ago

I believe it’s added when they start the build.

Quoted from mzhulk:

I seen no option to add a butter cabinet at checkout

#260 2 years ago

So how long do you think it’ll take for spooky to sell out? My guess is 2hrs

#261 2 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

Well in 2 hours they'll probably make 35 sales thru that shitbag website

#262 2 years ago

Less than an hour.

Quoted from nexfx:

#263 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's what we all thought @ 9:59am

LOL.

#264 2 years ago

I think this is one of those cases where you'll have some double orders and even though things are "sold out" you may be able to find one as things are sorted out. The real question is when we'll start seeing resale spots on Pinside.

#265 2 years ago

Got my halloween order through.11616#
My ultra man is stuck in the cart aaarrrghh!
Haven't gone through something like this since ps5.
Gotta be a better way.

#266 2 years ago

I wonder if it would be possible to create a "waiting room" to limit traffic to the actual shop website.

#267 2 years ago

Order #11454 at 9:37 cst. Wasted a good 30 minutes this morning. Excited to get my first spooky pin on location though.

#268 2 years ago

I finally got through!!! At 10:04 CST, not bad, not bad!

#269 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Got my halloween order through.11616#
My ultra man is stuck in the cart aaarrrghh!
Haven't gone through something like this since ps5.
Gotta be a better way.

Woohoo just checked out with my ultraman also.

#270 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

Order #11454 at 9:37 cst. Wasted a good 30 minutes this morning. Excited to get my first spooky pin on location though.

What level did you get? If it isn't a CE your location will be waiting a very long time..lol

#271 2 years ago

Got one!
This will be my first NIB!

#272 2 years ago

CE locked in for me, but that was a given. Pumped to see some gameplay

#273 2 years ago

i ended up going through a distributor but got both ce. My question is they are basically the same pin right as the playfields are almost identically placed?

#274 2 years ago

Is it like the first time you guys have ordered anything online, welcome to the release of... well basically anything.

#275 2 years ago
Quoted from EightBitLife:

My question is they are basically the same pin right as the playfields are almost identically placed?

Identical

#276 2 years ago

What’s up with the PayPal fee through PinballStar? Just take a credit card for Christ sakes. More fees on top of fees on top of fees JEEEZ.

#277 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What’s up with the PayPal fee through PinballStar? Just take a credit card for Christ sakes. More fees on top of fees on top of fees JEEEZ.

No tax(for me in MO) and no 3%cc fees is the reason I went directly through spooky

#278 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

The fees do suck, but an extra $60 to pass up the stress everyone else is going through right now?...take my money, PayPal.

Order confirmed 1 minute after going on sale through PinballSTAR. Thanks, Joe!

#279 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

The fees do suck, but an extra $60 to pass up the stress everyone else is going through right now?...take my money, PayPal.

You get a confirmation email or you just mean a PayPal receipt?

#280 2 years ago

I ended up going through Nitro pinball. No waits or crashes

#281 2 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

Seriously. If everything is actually by order placed time, $60 to jump that far in line totally worth it. Wish I had known it would have been a no brainer

#282 2 years ago

You just spent $20,000 and you don’t know what you bought?

i ended up going through a distributor but got both ce. My question is they are basically the same pin right as the playfields are almost identically placed?

#283 2 years ago

PinballSTAR update at 11:19am...

We still have left :
Halloween SE (4)
Halloween BS (6)
Halloween CE (7)
Ultraman SE (0)
Ultraman BS (0)
Ultraman CE (12)

If you got our email blast feel free to order... If you didn't ask a friend who did... TY to everyone and CONGRATS to Spooky ! We probably will have some spares left after all this settles out as some people ordered from both Spooky and us then asked for a refund etc... If you want a game and didn't get one - feel free to email us and we'll assist until we are sold out... TY

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]

#284 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

What level did you get? If it isn't a CE your location will be waiting a very long time..lol

I got a CE. Really just subsidizing my hobby with my on location pins and putting the $ in my kids college accounts. They earn well and pay themselves off in ~18 months. I live in a tourist town (Florida panhandle - it’s kind of a pinball desert) so I get several people a week find me on pinside to play. I’ve thinking smaller run niche games on location will bring in a few more “pinball tourists.” Have an alien shipping soon, too.

#285 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

You get a confirmation email or you just mean a PayPal receipt?

Just a paypal receipt. Same thing when I ordered my Rick and Morty. Joe will email what number you are in line once he sorts out all the orders. Took about 10 days to learn my R&M number.

#286 2 years ago

All being well, Spooky #6/7 for me! Can’t wait to hold a league meet with only Spooky pins, best chance I have to do well!

Set alarm for Midnight ‘Spooky ‘, I’m in! Happy Halloween CE all + Ultraman CE, pinball addiction gotta love it!

Quoted from LTG:

Best wishes to all on Wednesday's ordering !
LTG : )

#287 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

You just spent $20,000 and you don’t know what you bought?

Meh. Pretty standard around here.

Plus shipping

#288 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

We still have left :
Halloween SE (4)
Halloween BS (6)
Halloween CE (7)
Ultraman SE (0)
Ultraman BS (0)
Ultraman CE (12)

Joe, I thought there was no limit on the number of each model sold? If thats the case, why wouldnt it just be 17 Halloweens available in any trim?

#289 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

I got a CE. Really just subsidizing my hobby with my on location pins and putting the $ in my kids college accounts. They earn well and pay themselves off in ~18 months. I live in a tourist town (Florida panhandle - it’s kind of a pinball desert) so I get several people a week find me on pinside to play. I’ve thinking smaller run niche games on location will bring in a few more “pinball tourists.” Have an alien shipping soon, too.

Putting a Pinball Brother Alien on location? Brother I salute you..lol Hope you don't have a full time job keeping that one up. I have the Alien delivering in a couple weeks but I expect it to be a pain in the ass on maintenance..

#290 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

We still have left :
Halloween SE (4)
Halloween BS (6)
Halloween CE (7)
Ultraman SE (0)
Ultraman BS (0)
Ultraman CE (12)
If you got our email blast feel free to order... If you didn't ask a friend who did... TY to everyone and CONGRATS to Spooky ! We probably will have some spares left after all this settles out as some people ordered from both Spooky and us then asked for a refund etc... If you want a game and didn't get one - feel free to email us and we'll assist until we are sold out... TY
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]

Pretty crazy you only have that amount left just after an hour or two. Congrats all around. Seems like these are selling very very well considering almost twice as many than R+M

#291 2 years ago

Exact same game - exact same rules.

Honestly, folks... you’d think people would have all information available and digested before spending over $18k. Mind boggling, quite frankly.

#292 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Mind boggling, quite frankly.

Weirdly it doesn't even more my needle anymore. Yikes!

#293 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Putting a Pinball Brother Alien on location? Brother I salute you..lol Hope you don't have a full time job keeping that one up. I have the Alien delivering in a couple weeks but I expect it to be a pain in the ass on maintenance..

I’ll pull it if it causes too many issues. Always happy to safe keep them at my house. I guess I need to check the Alien thread to get an idea of what I’m getting into lol. Fingers crossed.

#294 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Joe, I thought there was no limit on the number of each model sold? If thats the case, why wouldnt it just be 17 Halloweens available in any trim?

Good catch...doesn’t make any sense according to what Spooky has said.

#295 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Good catch...doesn’t make any sense according to what Spooky has said.

It’s just a limitation on how there are doing inventory according to the email. They are just using PayPal direct links and I think they had to spread their total allocation across all 3 options in order to let people chose between the 3. They just guesstimated the demand for each across their total allocation. Per their email:

If the edition you want is sold out - then just buy another edition of the SAME game if still available and we can change your edition later.
Do not order a different game - don't buy an Ultraman if you want Halloween and vice versa, that we can't change.
When all models of one game are showing sold out then we are sold out of that game altogether.

#296 2 years ago

According to spooky Luke, there’s less than 100 left. Looks like they will sell out in under 2hrs

#297 2 years ago
Quoted from cmdestin:

I’ll pull it if it causes too many issues. Always happy to safe keep them at my house. I guess I need to check the Alien thread to get an idea of what I’m getting into lol. Fingers crossed.

There is a guy on the thread that is posting videos on fixing issues he has encountered. You are definitely going to have to go through it when you unbox.

#298 2 years ago

jesus it was just a question if i was right or not calm down.

#299 2 years ago

Can't wait to put a Halloween standard next to my America's Most Haunted. Two themes that really do it for me.

#300 2 years ago

Please tell me the game will be better than the horrible confusing website, told me everything was good, how was i supposed to know a red x means the site is a Liar?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/6?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.