(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 82.
#3401 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

So from how the email reads... there is no fix (the insert) for machines in the wild at this point and none coming on the line in the next month will have a fix available either.
I was quoted "a month or so" delay to getting our machine on the production line for this fix.
Kind of sucks there isn't a playfield swap option available - anyone with this low of a number knows the value in having this early. This is especially true for those that make mods - will probably end up skipping out if someone gets to market first. Also, I'm like a kid, I want it sooner than later, especially for Halloween.
The momentum (wrt hype and anticipation) leading up to July and through now seems to have diminished. I feel like I should be more excited to drop $10g on a game.

Some might see those with the error as collectable if they fix it early run. . I hate that people see this as a deal breaker for them. It really isn't something that sticks out to me. . We had it for nearly 2 weeks and never noticed it until it was brought up on another thread. Totally can see how people would be bummed waiting but it is cool they are giving you the option to wait. . .

#3402 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

So from how the email reads... there is no fix (the insert) for machines in the wild at this point and none coming on the line in the next month will have a fix available either.
I was quoted "a month or so" delay to getting our machine on the production line for this fix.
Kind of sucks there isn't a playfield swap option available - anyone with this low of a number knows the value in having this early. This is especially true for those that make mods - will probably end up skipping out if someone gets to market first. Also, I'm like a kid, I want it sooner than later, especially for Halloween.
The momentum (wrt hype and anticipation) leading up to July and through now seems to have diminished. I feel like I should be more excited to drop $10g on a game.

You expect Spooky to swap out 100 playfields, for that? Okay...

#3403 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Was it even an “issue” until Kaneda said it was?

#3404 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Exactly while I agree It would be nice if fixed but in no way is this a deal breaker like the assets are.and they are listening so people please give them faith and time as I guarentee no other company listens to their customers like spooky.

#3405 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

If that’s a deal breaker for you, you really didn’t want the game in the first place and probably got caught up in FOMO. And again wasn’t an issue till someone pointed it out like cooked71 said.

#3406 2 years ago

Hedge-gate 2021. Turn on all the lamps and you’ll see that many light up only part of the graphic above the insert. Cutting inserts to match all graphics would be much more difficult…thus, the standard types of cutouts you see. In the past, the lettering was printed to a plastic piece that’s has been hammered into the hole cut in the playfield. As playfields have become more intricate with graphics, these types of inserts are under the printed graphics. So, many times the graphics above the insert are more intricate, thus a discrepancy in the light vs the overlaying graphic.

There is another option. That beautiful scene that looks like one cohesive piece of art, is interrupted by various blank arrow shapes, squares, circles, (any basic geometric shape). I’d rather see the cool piece of cohesive art…IMO

#3407 2 years ago

Wonder what the fix is.....if they have to change routing of the hole, presumably that's going to change Ultraman PFs as well... maybe they're resizing the words on Halloween to make it fit for future printing? I've tried to stay silent on the issue as I'm getting UM, not HW, but seems like an art adjustment is the only viable way to fix it........not that it's that big of a deal in the first place.

Can guarantee you if I was looking for a HW down the road and someone was asking even 50 bucks less due to "early insert" I'd keep the money over the insert!

#3408 2 years ago

If nothing else, it's become clear to me that this game is about to become the new POTC. Luckily Spooky already sold out before the panic set in. Then the FOMO, but too late. I'm still in.

#3409 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If nothing else, it's become clear to me that this game is about to become the new POTC. Luckily Spooky already sold out before the panic set in. Then the FOMO, but too late. I'm still in.

Me too bud and I couldn't be more proud of this purchase bc I know that this will be exactly what I bought. Which is the only true horror pinball machine since bram stokers dracula

#3410 2 years ago

If anyone is worried about the insert, or issues, I'll be glad to take yours off your hands for $1000.

#3411 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I wouldn't even take them up on the offer if they extended it to me. . . I don't find it an issue. . . it doesn't effect game play...

I am not going to let Kaneda tell me what is right or wrong about my game. . .

#3412 2 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

I will second that as you have mentioned his name, I don’t like mentioning dirty words.

#3413 2 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

I wouldn't even take them up on the offer if they extended it to me. . . I don't find it an issue. . . it doesn't effect game play...

Quoted from Lostcause:

I will second that as you have mentioned his name, I don’t like mentioning dirty words.

That's it guys. Show us who the ADULTS in the room are!

#3414 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

That's it guys. Show us who the ADULTS in the room are!

Funny guy

#3415 2 years ago

It's called 'sarcasm to make a point' - not 'comedy', but thanks.

#3416 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

It's called 'sarcasm to make a point' - not 'comedy', but thanks.

It’s not, but it was funny all the same

#3417 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

It’s not, but it was funny all the same

Go get your shine box.

#3418 2 years ago

It's about pinball, not posturing. Time is too important to waste, should be playing pinball. Thinking it's time to move on to the owner club thread. Looking forward to #199 coming home. Take the high ground - it's really worth it!

#3419 2 years ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

It's about pinball, not posturing. Time is too important to waste, should be playing pinball. Thinking it's time to move on to the owner club thread. Looking forward to #199 coming home. Take the high ground - it's really worth it!

I am psyched to get Halloween CE #169!

#3420 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If anyone is worried about the insert, or issues, I'll be glad to take yours off your hands for $1000.

I don't know what's so hard to understand. Nobody says it's a deal-breaker or that they are out because of the insert. I'm not cancelling my CE over it. Doesn't mean it doesn't look terrible and shouldn't happen on a 10k toy.

Same thing about the code. I'm still waiting on the promised finished RZ code they never delivered and continue to ignore. Others are waiting on Domino's, same story there. Hopefully they'll do better on this one.

#3421 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Where did I say I expect them to do a playfield swap? I said it sucks, I didn't expect anything.

#3422 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

Go get your shine box.

That’s very ADULT of you to put it in your words lol

#3423 2 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

I don't know what's so hard to understand. Nobody says it's a deal-breaker or that they are out because of the insert. I'm not cancelling my CE over it. Doesn't mean it doesn't look terrible and shouldn't happen on a 10k toy.
Same thing about the code. I'm still waiting on the promised finished RZ code they never delivered and continue to ignore. Others are waiting on Domino's, same story there. Hopefully they'll do better on this one.

This is a whole other level of masochism.

#3424 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

That’s very ADULT of you to put it in your words lol

THAT was a joke. So, I assume then your comments about Kaneda are just jokes? ...trying to keep up here.

#3425 2 years ago

The upside down flying "Jenny" Stamp, The 3 legged Buffalo nickel, & now the Hedge MultiBA insert by Spooky... as much as an eyesore as it is (to me at least) it just adds more value likely to those that they don't correct. This reminds me when Williams Whirlwind the kid had the Chicago Cubs hat on, they got in trouble and put a tiny "W" Williams logo sticker on his cap. I'm still excited for this game with or without the error.

#3426 2 years ago

Am I noticing a hint of amber in the CE powdercoating? Looks very fall-like and I love it…

#3427 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What is the issue?

#3428 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

What is the issue?

People still talking about the ‘Hedge Multiball’ insert text issue…. Part of mutilball is outside the insert and doesn’t light up “ll”. Jarring at first, but I have no issue with it. My LZ lights up “ock and Roll” lol! No big deal and it effects nothing.

#3429 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

the only true horror pinball machine since bram stokers dracula

TWD would like a word with you.

E25FF156-22C2-4851-9193-33783D21FD4A (resized).jpegE25FF156-22C2-4851-9193-33783D21FD4A (resized).jpeg

#3430 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

People still talking about the ‘Hedge Multiball’ insert text issue….

What issue? Is it because the text spills over into the PF?

#3431 2 years ago

Yep - some are losing their minds over it. I’m sure they’ll address it at a feasible time. Mines gonna have it and I’m at peace.

#3432 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

[quoted image]

nightmare on elm street

#3433 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

[quoted image]

Quoted from rai:

[quoted image]

Touché, completely forgot about this one

#3434 2 years ago

Touché, completely forgot about this one

Don't forget Tales from the Crypt. I loveeee that machine.

#3435 2 years ago

Also is Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper suddenly chopped liver?

#3436 2 years ago

From another era, but.... Haunted House?

#3437 2 years ago

He did say 'Since BSD'.

#3438 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

THAT was a joke. So, I assume then your comments about Kaneda are just jokes? ...trying to keep up here.

Just messing, it’s all good. Be even better when I get my game.

#3439 2 years ago

I had BSD with pinsound and that was way more creepy than the TWD I have.

#3440 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I had BSD with pinsound and that was way more creepy than the TWD I have.

Yes, those THIR-TEE-MEEEEEELIOOOONN callouts are.

#3441 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yes, those THIR-TEE-MEEEEEELIOOOONN callouts are.

I love to hear that call out

#3442 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I love to hear that call out

I've never gotten it.

Also, I've played less than 25 games on BSD, ever. Got the 20's...never the 30's. Haven't laid hands on a BSD in about 6 years...talk about depressing.

#3443 2 years ago

well, more accurately it’s the first and only true SLASHER pin.

Me too bud and I couldn't be more proud of this purchase bc I know that this will be exactly what I bought. Which is the only true horror pinball machine since bram stokers dracula

#3444 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I've never gotten it.
Also, I've played less than 25 games on BSD, ever. Got the 20's...never the 30's. Haven't laid hands on a BSD in about 6 years...talk about depressing.

I’ve got a video on YouTube doing it, not seen that for a while

#3445 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

well, more accurately it’s the first and only true SLASHER pin.

Nope, I still say Freddy is

#3446 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Nope, I still say Freddy is

If Bally/Williams, or data east would have made it. It would have been 100 times better.my favorite slasher of all time and sucks that gottlieb was the one that got that amazing license.

#3447 2 years ago

Didn't want to make trouble for anybody.

#3449 2 years ago

If Bally/Williams, or data east would have made it. It would have been 100 times better.my favorite slasher of all time and sucks that gottlieb was the one that got that amazing license.

What didnt you like about it? A talking/spitting ball Freddy head? A glove flipper? Claw save(this was my favorite), boiler shot?
Oh yeah, the lame rules and bad layout.

#3450 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You guys getting the Butter/No Butter options?

Yes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/69?hl=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.