(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
IMG_20220209_222729__01.jpg

There are 4,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 82.
#3201 2 years ago

Got my email for #67

#3202 2 years ago

Nice! Should be next week or so for me, #80.

FA778277-6174-4636-9690-37211E5D60C3.gifFA778277-6174-4636-9690-37211E5D60C3.gif
#3203 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Nice! Should be next week or so for me, #80. [quoted image]

Should be next year for me #481 lol

#3204 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We are just getting to the point I would consider roughed in.

So, I don't have a ton of experience buying newly released Stern games, but I bought AIQ within 5 months of release and 3 previous Spooky games. I get that code matures over time, and I appreciate companies staying dedicated to improving games, but the above comment really rubs me the wrong way. I've never owned a game that was described as having skeleton code upon release. I know later code releases can transform the feel of a game, but it just seems like there's barely anything there, and that's according to Spooky themselves.

I love Spooky as much as the next guy, but come on. Just because the build schedule takes 12-18 months should not give a pass for the code to be totally unbaked for most of that period. Chuck said this playfield was being developed (in secret) for well over a year if memory serves. Why is the code SO unpolished? A lot of people who have played this think it could be awesome, but it could suck - and apparently it's gonna take a year for anyone to find out. Not cool.

#3206 2 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

October 1st .. Are we getting hints of updates today ?
Thanks
Matt

Quoted from Morgoth00:

Spooky: " we will be working on some updates in the month of October"
Pinside response 'Great news! See you October *1st* 8 AM, with the finished code!"
Lol

i agree about your point regarding the lack of patience in this hobby... but in this case, that's not what Spooky said.

"Will be dropping a major Halloween update Oct 1st.", that's what Spooky said. It's right on their FB page. So Matt's question is valid, and if it's true, I'm very much looking forward to it.

#3207 2 years ago

Is it the game? Or the player? Because I f’n SHRED GB And notice ZERO design problems

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Finally got to put some time on the game with the new code. And to my surprise, the game still sucks just as bad. I guess you can't fix design flaws with code. Who woulda thunk?

#3208 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

So, I don't have a ton of experience buying newly released Stern games, but I bought AIQ within 5 months of release and 3 previous Spooky games. I get that code matures over time, and I appreciate companies staying dedicated to improving games, but the above comment really rubs me the wrong way. I've never owned a game that was described as having skeleton code upon release. I know later code releases can transform the feel of a game, but it just seems like there's barely anything there, and that's according to Spooky themselves.
I love Spooky as much as the next guy, but come on. Just because the build schedule takes 12-18 months should not give a pass for the code to be totally unbaked for most of that period. Chuck said this playfield was being developed (in secret) for well over a year if memory serves. Why is the code SO unpolished? A lot of people who have played this think it could be awesome, but it could suck - and apparently it's gonna take a year for anyone to find out. Not cool.

Really? LOL... Some of the criticisms here are just absolutely comical...

Jeff

#3209 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Finally got to put some time on the game with the new code. And to my surprise, the game still sucks just as bad. I guess you can't fix design flaws with code. Who woulda thunk?

Why are you here? What a joke of a comment. Useless and completely subjective...

Jeff

#3210 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:i agree about your point regarding the lack of patience in this hobby... but in this case, that's not what Spooky said.
"Will be dropping a major Halloween update Oct 1st.", that's what Spooky said. It's right on their FB page. So Matt's question is valid, and if it's true, I'm very much looking forward to it.

Oh I was quoting what Spooky said in this thread. Thanks for the update! Just some Friday humor

#3211 2 years ago

stern is a huge company with 40 years experience and a the largest design and production staff in the industry, Spooky is a small family owned boutique company that is in the middle of farm country. Spooky and Stern are vasty different companies, you've been on this forum for 8 years by now you should have a grasp on how these companies operate.

Quoted from Cheeks:

#3212 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Just because the build schedule takes 12-18 months should not give a pass for the code to be totally unbaked for most of that period.

After all, Ghostbusters and Munsters code was close to baked when released and was finished within a couple months…

#3213 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Oh I was quoting what Spooky said in this thread. Thanks for the update! Just some Friday humor

oh, for sure. in general, you're 100% right about the expectations around here. and i'm usually the one poking fun. but they got me all excited for this update now, and i actually find myself checking the website regularly. i'm not too proud of myself.

#3214 2 years ago
Quoted from Arevalo89:

Got it, I guess since for me it’s a residential home i will need the life gate.

Or be strong enough to get it to the ground.
I got lift gate once and then they called said tractor trailer couldn't get up my street. What's the point of lift gate service when they send a tractor trailer. Had to meet them at a local parking lot and unload to my vehicle.
I'm gonna choose to pick up at trucking terminal.

#3215 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

stern is a huge company with 40 years experience and a the largest design and production staff in the industry, Spooky is a small family owned boutique company that is in the middle of farm country. Spooky and Stern are vasty different companies, you've been on this forum for 8 years by now you should have a grasp on how these companies operate.

I do, and I said I don't have a lot of experience with newly released Stern games, so I'm not even holding them to that standard (good or bad). But, I have bought 3 NIB Spooky games before. I totally get it's an evolution, but none of them felt as incomplete as HWN/UM are being described. R&M was the last release and while it grew over time, it never felt incomplete.

Look, I'm not calling for a lynching. I just don't think it's cool to charge $9K with a non-refundable deposit and push out a game that the company itself says is merely "roughed in" 2 months after launch.

#3216 2 years ago

I got a game delivered a month ago from R&L trucking which services PA. They are super nice and accommodating. They send a truck with a life gate and roll the game right up to your house/garage. No 18 wheeler, just a big truck with lift gate. No hassle easy peasy. Might want to try them when its your time...

Quoted from tp:

Or be strong enough to get it to the ground.
I got lift gate once and then they called said tractor trailer couldn't get up my street. What's the point of lift gate service when they send a tractor trailer. Had to meet them at a local parking lot and unload to my vehicle.
I'm gonna choose to pick up at trucking terminal.

#3217 2 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Received e-mail for #54 this morning!

You guys getting the Butter/No Butter options?

#3218 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

After all, Ghostbusters and Munsters code was close to baked when released and was finished within a couple months…

Munsters was basically done when it came out. People just didn't like how shallow the game was and were expecting a lot more than what was shown off. Which is a great reason to watch a reveal streams where Dwight flicks all the switches to show off everything in the game and talk about his design goals for the game being very simplistic.

#3219 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:You guys getting the Butter/No Butter options?

Butter for me! After seeing it on my TNA, i couldn’t pass it up!

#3220 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Really? LOL... Some of the criticisms here are just absolutely comical...
Jeff

Quoted from jeffro01:

Why are you here? What a joke of a comment. Useless and completely subjective...
Jeff

Wow, you totally couldn't have POSSIBLY fit that in on one post!

Quoted from jeffro01:

Yep. Not going to pay to pay, that's just stupid IMHO... To each their own on this one but wasting $45 on a hope that I might possibly be able to order one just makes no sense. Now if it was a sure fire guarantee then that's a different discussion.

Jeff

So why are YOU here?

#3221 2 years ago

Sorry if this has been answered

was there a new code drop today? haven't seen anything but thought today was the day

#3222 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I got a game delivered a month ago from R&L trucking which services PA. They are super nice and accommodating. They send a truck with a life gate and roll the game right up to your house/garage. No 18 wheeler, just a big truck with lift gate. No hassle easy peasy. Might want to try them when its your time...

Yes they are super friendly, however R&L is the one that sent the tractor trailer.

#3223 2 years ago

#68 email as well. no butter. wife doesn't like it, that "multiba ll" sticks out like a sore thumb. still have to wait to see what Spooky's official response is.

#3224 2 years ago

Got my email for numer 61 today.

I also stopped by Pinball Life today at played Utraman pin in their warehouse.

Good day today.

#3225 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Wow, you totally couldn't have POSSIBLY fit that in on one post!

So why are YOU here?

Um... Because I'm a reservation holder who's interested in the progress of the game and shipping timelines... Was that really a useful question to ask?

Jeff

#3226 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Um... Because I'm a reservation holder who's interested in the progress of the game and shipping timelines... Was that really a useful question to ask?
Jeff

Certainly more relevant than the two shitposts you made that I quoted.

#3227 2 years ago

Just saw on Facebook that 48, 49, and 50 were delivered today

#3228 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Jeff

I played it today and feel the same. This pin is not good and it shows, look how many pre-order sale it is on the market. People jumps the ship before it sinks.

#3229 2 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

I played it today and feel the same. This pin is not good and it shows, look how many pre-order sale it is on the market. People jumps the ship before it sinks.

Okay, and your point is? Don't like it? Don't buy one, end of story. The rest of us though are here in this thread because we're excited to get our games and want to keep updated on what's going on.

Jeff

#3230 2 years ago
Quoted from TouchingEvil:

Lol, coming from an owner of Wrestlemania? I only played that once briefly and thought it was somewhat fun, but that machine is routinely trashed as one of the worst games of the modern era.

There is someone out there that loves and hates just about every machine ever released. I think Popeye is a way underrated game, and put in a lot of time on it and that is routinely panned also.

#3231 2 years ago

I understand the difference between the hype thread and the club thread. The club thread has been started and those that want to avoid the trolls…you could migrate there. This is already a great pin…after 300+ plays…I’m confident in my decision

#3232 2 years ago

Butter question. Are the butter cabinets protected from UV or are they subject to fade? I know the modern decals don’t fade as easily as they used to. Just curious I have time to think about it #198.

#3233 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Butter question. Are the butter cabinets protected from UV or are they subject to fade? I know the modern decals don’t fade as easily as they used to. Just curious I have time to think about it #198.

No butter for me. If it gets scraped your screwed. Just my opinion. Just not worth the near grand upcharge

#3234 2 years ago

No butter for me - I can’t justify $1,000 for it.

#3235 2 years ago

Same here. My lineup is tight, barely any room to even notice the cabinet decals.

#3236 2 years ago

I decided to go with that sweet butter. I only have two Pins and the artwork will be on full display. Hopefully won't regret it aka I will need to put the fear of God into my 4 and 6 year old about not scratching it.

#3237 2 years ago

I’m going with butter. I didn’t care about it before but the only Rick and Morty to go up in the marketplace around me happened to be butter so I got it and it looks great. I think Halloween will look even better. Once you go butter you don’t go back.

Quoted from icyjones:

I decided to go with that sweet butter. I only have two Pins and the artwork will be on full display. Hopefully won't regret it aka I will need to put the fear of God into my 4 and 6 year old about not scratching it.

Quoted from underlord:

You guys getting the Butter/No Butter options?

#3238 2 years ago

This has been the game I've been playing the most at my local pinball spot and he had a nib #3 sitting there, so I took it home. Yolo as the kids say, assuming the kids still actually say that.

PXL_20211001_224630819 (resized).jpgPXL_20211001_224630819 (resized).jpg
#3239 2 years ago

So when today is this code update dropping. I'm so excited to see the changes to the rules and clips.

#3240 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

So when today is this code update dropping. I'm so excited to see the changes to the rules and clips.

Soon lol.

#3241 2 years ago

Send it directly to dnapac please!

#3242 2 years ago

Luke it's time to stop working.

#3243 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

This has been the game I've been playing the most at my local pinball spot and he had a nib #3 sitting there, so I took it home. Yolo as the kids say, assuming the kids still actually say that.
[quoted image]

Isn't the shooter handle supposed to be knife handle? Or did I miss something?

Thanks,
Jeff

#3244 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

And please stream it!

#3245 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Thanks,
Jeff

Yeah, the distributer told me he's getting it soon, it wasn't available when that one was boxed.

#3246 2 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Yeah, the distributer told me he's getting it soon, it wasn't available when that one was boxed.

Awesome, thanks!!!

Jeff

#3247 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I know right! We need to hire him!

#3248 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Thanks,
Jeff

It will be. Supply issues so they will send them once the arrive. No reason to hold up the whole game for a shooter rod!

#3249 2 years ago

Go to the club thread.

#3250 2 years ago
8BC895D8-946C-4675-A7EC-F35BDDE9E9C7 (resized).jpeg8BC895D8-946C-4675-A7EC-F35BDDE9E9C7 (resized).jpeg9F2E5EB8-FDAD-447B-8382-1991597B7A80 (resized).jpeg9F2E5EB8-FDAD-447B-8382-1991597B7A80 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.
Led
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
6,350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
There are 4,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/65?hl=pdx-mike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.