(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 82.
#3051 2 years ago

This game looks dope as hell...I'm so pumped to get mine, will be awhile as I'm towards the back of the line on the CE.

I love that the layout is different, and unique...I love the art on this game, I can't wait to see it in person.

#3052 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I read that line as saying GNR shoots like a dog.

You're right, I read it again and see that now.

#3053 2 years ago

I'm still hyped as hell! Game already looks incredible to me - from the very first trailer till now, it hasn't disappointed. Code doesn't concern me one bit - even looks pretty decent to me as it is now, but we all know it's early and will be continuously polished over the coming months. As massive fan of the movie I think they've done a brilliant job so far - this will be my first Spooky pin, but I'm loving the fresh layout, the art, the shots, everything - keep it up guys!

#3054 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I'm still hyped as hell! Game already looks incredible to me - from the very first trailer till now, it hasn't disappointed. Code doesn't concern me one bit - even looks pretty decent to me as it is now, but we all know it's early and will be continuously polished over the coming months. As massive fan of the movie I think they've done a brilliant job so far - this will be my first Spooky pin, but I'm loving the fresh layout, the art, the shots, everything - keep it up guys!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"4df7cf2d451d0ae1755b85e362b86fce244c9ba4-1632710773-1800"};
//]]>

I'm fully on board!! Let's do this Spooky!!

#3055 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Man is the excitement down for Halloween or what? I am still excited for it.

I was hyped until I got to play it a bunch and my personal doubts and fears of the layout really set in. No firmware update is gonna fix that.

#3056 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

I was hyped until I got to play it a bunch and my personal doubts and fears of the layout really set in. No firmware update is gonna fix that.

Not having pop bumpers hurting this title?

#3057 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

It’s so jammed pack! I didn’t even realize it doesn’t have pop bumpers looool.

#3058 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

What did you not like about it?

#3059 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I don’t think pops are needed. I think this may be more of a personal taste issue, I don’t like the upper playfields. Also the game favors a boring drop scoop that’s even the gutter for the upper playfield.

#3060 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Well, some will just not like it. That’s cool.

#3061 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I'm fully on board!! Let's do this Spooky!!

Ditto...hyped...patient, but hyped. Not much in the thread, so content until I get the call...

#3062 2 years ago

I’m still stoked to get mine. Everything continues to look really great to me… except for maybe some of the early rough/repetitive animations that don’t always share the same art style.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Man is the excitement down for Halloween or what? I am still excited for it.

#3063 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Do you have a game on order?

#3064 2 years ago

I'm still as excited as day 1. I think this is just the usual lull before the storm. Some people ordered out of FOMO and have since moved on to the next shiny object. Some played and decided it wasn't for them, as no pin clicks with everyone. A new (and pretty amazing looking) pin has since been shown and has lured some away. Some people quite frankly like to complain to hear themselves complain. The less vocal majority of us are still excited and still on board. I am not seeing anything out of the ordinary with the usual pattern playing itself out here. Happens with almost every game.

#3065 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Have they said if the rules are going to differ between the games? Or will it be the same ruleset with different skins?

Luke mentioned on the Ultraman thread that the code is very similar but could deviate in the future.

#3066 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Edit:
Also, perhaps they can create a sound effect that only plays when an inlane eject occurs. Think of the scoop and saucer eject sounds we always hear in Funhouse, Whirlwind, etc. If the eject sound has top priority (always playing over other sounds when neeed), it won't take long to associate it with inlane feeds.
(My mind just thought of Keefer getting completely hosed by a soundless Tron scoop eject in a tourney... sounds are important!)

The lights flash and their is a distinct sound only used to tell players the ball is coming from the lifter. It takes like 3 games to get accustomed to this change in traditional game play, it makes handling multiballs challenging and fun. Everyone will be fine.

#3067 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Do you have a game on order?

I did but I was able to unload my spot. Admittedly I preordered too early, I should of waiting until they did the gameplay video. The FOMO was strong cause I love the art and the horror theme.

#3068 2 years ago

Still super excited for this PIN and haven't seen anything that remotely changes that. I do wish we were seeing more evidence of a production ramp but that's just my own general impatience and nothing else...

Jeff

#3069 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Still super excited for this PIN and haven't seen anything that remotely changes that. I do wish we were seeing more evidence of a production ramp but that's just my own general impatience and nothing else...
Jeff

I think as far as this goes we should get a little bit of confidence! We were shut down for 10 weeks during covid and still got Rick and Morty done ahead of schedual! A ton of jobs out there right now so hiring is tough but we will get there! It all takes time

#3070 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I think as far as this goes we should get a little bit of confidence! We were shut down for 10 weeks during covid and still got Rick and Morty done ahead of schedual! A ton of jobs out there right now so hiring is tough but we will get there! It all takes time

Thank you for the response!!! I'm just impatient and I'm sure you're doing all you can to make them as fast as you can.

Jeff

#3071 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Thank you for the response!!! I'm just impatient and I'm sure you're doing all you can to make them as fast as you can.
Jeff

Jeff, just move up to a lower number like I have done twice already lol. I'm still trying to move up but its tougher to sell my current spot as too many are listed right now. I started at CE 505 and now sit at 254

#3072 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Jeff, just move up to a lower number like I have done twice already lol. I'm still trying to move up but its tougher to sell my current spot as too many are listed right now. I started at CE 505 and now sit at 254

Mine is lower than 254 already so no need to move up. I'm honestly not in any hurry I'm just naturally impatient.

Jeff

#3073 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

Mine is lower than 254 already so no need to move up. I'm honestly not in any hurry I'm just naturally impatient.
Jeff

Want to challenge yourself? We can trade spots lol

#3074 2 years ago

I'm still excited for this....just been laying low due to the negativity around here lately...# 78 here and hoping for the call late this week if my math is close.

#3075 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I'm still excited for this....just been laying low due to the negativity around here lately...# 78 here and hoping for the call late this week if my math is close.

Who knows, I'm 15 ahead of you and have not gotten the butter no butter email yet (which should come three weeks before it goes on the line). If they do a 50 distributer batch first, that may not be coming for a few weeks still.

#3076 2 years ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

Great number to sit at. Not too soon and definitely not late. Give time for bugs to be worked out. I am at 481 and ok with that.

#3077 2 years ago
Quoted from freakyvideoguy:

Who knows, I'm 15 ahead of you and have not gotten the butter no butter email yet (which should come three weeks before it goes on the line). If they do a 50 distributer batch first, that may not be coming for a few weeks still.

Spooky direct orders go out first starting with # 51. If they are finishing up the first 100 VIP machines this week as they stated, I see no reason why we should not be getting the call this week.

#3078 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Spooky direct orders go out first starting with # 51. If they are finishing up the first 100 VIP machines this week as they stated, I see no reason why we should not be getting the call this week.

I like your thinking. Fingers crossed.

#3079 2 years ago

we'll see - The anticipation is part of the fun!

#3080 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Someone posted a while back that you guys were trying to see if you could add another 2 balls to code so 1 would always be loaded in the 2 lifts to cut down on that long wait time, is that true?

#3081 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Someone posted a while back that you guys were trying to see if you could add another 2 balls to code so 1 would always be loaded in the 2 lifts to cut down on that long wait time, is that true?

Certainly still on the agenda but right now #1 priority is getting you guys the on screen content you want to see! We will definitely revisit that later on but for now I think everybody generally really loves how the game plays and it does play way faster than you would ever expect out of 3 levels!

#3082 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Certainly still on the agenda but right now #1 priority is getting you guys the on screen content you want to see! We will definitely revisit that later on but for now I think everybody generally really loves how the game plays and it does play way faster than you would ever expect out of 3 levels!

Agreed, please keep priority on the Sound and animations.

#3083 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

I like the flow. The wait is anticipation…like Michael popping out. It’s another unique feature they shouldn’t change…IMO.

#3084 2 years ago

Still in as well, but that insert is a major eyesore and needs to be fixed.

#3085 2 years ago

100% should be the main focus.

Quoted from kciaccio:

Agreed, please keep priority on the Sound and animations.

#3086 2 years ago

Layout looks unique. Nothing ‘cookie cutter.’ Software updated later. Not worried about that.

#3087 2 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Still in as well, but that insert is a major eyesore and needs to be fixed.

You mean like ‘You Snooze you loose?’

That wasn’t a deal breaker for SM popularity.

How’s bout hair dick on LOTR LE? There’s far worse examples over the years.

#3088 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You mean like ‘You Snooze you loose?’
That wasn’t a deal breaker for SM popularity.
How’s bout hair dick on LOTR LE? There’s far worse examples over the years.

Agreed. Don't care about the insert at all. Give me cool AV immersion and I won't even notice it.

#3089 2 years ago

Drove to North End Bar tonight to play it .Brought my 13 year old for the ride but Halloween is in the bar section so I sent him with a handful of quarters to go play Dolly ,Monopoly ,and Baywatch ,needless to say he’s still mad at me lmao.Big Time eye candy,shoots fast,both uppers are fun (hoping there’s different ways to shoot the house as you move on in the game and maybe a left/right callout shot scenario dodging Micheals blows ?),shooting for the hedge multi ball was fun and easy passing left flipper to right ,I had a hard time hitting the grave but might’ve just been me.To me,If it’s going to stay where your locked out of sanitarium while in the house mode I’d suggest the machine go dark and use the jackolantern from the opening credits with the one on the playfield only lit flickering in unison .It takes 7-9 seconds to drop from the house until it’s on the right flipper and this would be real cool to see happen after all your “starting over” and what better way than to go to the start .Great job so far guys

08E27986-E49C-4037-8CA9-398EDB666C40 (resized).png08E27986-E49C-4037-8CA9-398EDB666C40 (resized).png3A3C2425-6ABE-4107-999F-FF90323B827F (resized).png3A3C2425-6ABE-4107-999F-FF90323B827F (resized).png6C46ED6C-B353-45FE-87D1-5BF1ECA827C7 (resized).png6C46ED6C-B353-45FE-87D1-5BF1ECA827C7 (resized).png8904BF0A-92B4-45FB-B86A-5AEFBC4904B3 (resized).png8904BF0A-92B4-45FB-B86A-5AEFBC4904B3 (resized).png9A597FA2-44E3-41E1-8E9A-237F68353B50 (resized).png9A597FA2-44E3-41E1-8E9A-237F68353B50 (resized).pngF543C34F-C7B5-4F09-BA1B-DDA8FD19E99D (resized).pngF543C34F-C7B5-4F09-BA1B-DDA8FD19E99D (resized).png
#3090 2 years ago

My bad ,and Gals !

#3091 2 years ago

Went out for a hike in the woods yesterday. In the middle of nowhere I ran into this, spooky to say the least.

20210927_142935 (resized).jpg20210927_142935 (resized).jpg20210927_142942 (resized).jpg20210927_142942 (resized).jpg
#3092 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Went out for a hike in the woods yesterday. In the middle of nowhere I ran into this, spooky to say the least.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah I’d agree .

#3093 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:Went out for a hike in the woods yesterday. In the middle of nowhere I ran into this, spooky to say the least.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Should be a new topic.....weird and wonderful things you find randomly in the woods.

#3094 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Drove to North End Bar tonight to play it .Brought my 13 year old for the ride but Halloween is in the bar section so I sent him with a handful of quarters to go play Dolly ,Monopoly ,and Baywatch ,needless to say he’s still mad at me lmao.Big Time eye candy,shoots fast,both uppers are fun (hoping there’s different ways to shoot the house as you move on in the game and maybe a left/right callout shot scenario dodging Micheals blows ?),shooting for the hedge multi ball was fun and easy passing left flipper to right ,I had a hard time hitting the grave but might’ve just been me.To me,If it’s going to stay where your locked out of sanitarium while in the house mode I’d suggest the machine go dark and use the jackolantern from the opening credits with the one on the playfield only lit flickering in unison .It takes 7-9 seconds to drop from the house until it’s on the right flipper and this would be real cool to see happen after all your “starting over” and what better way than to go to the start .Great job so far guys
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wish you would have let me know you were coming down, always happy to meet up and play! Next time you visit let me know! Sorry about the 21+ in the bar, but well it's Indiana you know how genius our laws are.

#3095 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I wish you would have let me know you were coming down, always happy to meet up and play! Next time you visit let me know! Sorry about the 21+ in the bar, but well it's Indiana you know how genius our laws are.

For sure coming back solo I want to play it more and Congo is a fav of mine .I hit you up ,that’s a cool place you got there .

#3096 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

For sure coming back solo I want to play it more and Congo is a fav of mine .I hit you up ,that’s a cool place you got there .

Let me know and I'll try to join you guys. . . . the grave shot is hard but rewarding. . . if you hit it as your skill shot, its an insta lock!

#3097 2 years ago

Halloween #666 is officially home. Can't wait to unbox this and get some plays in tonight!!

IMG_7998 (resized).jpgIMG_7998 (resized).jpg
#3098 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffreeStar:

Halloween #666 is officially home. Can't wait to unbox this and get some plays in tonight!!
[quoted image]

Oh man. I will give you a dollar more than you paid for it

#3099 2 years ago
Quoted from JeffreeStar:

[quoted image]

666 Looks like you picked your fav # - enjoy!

#3100 2 years ago

I feel so…..skipped over

blockquote cite="#6522875">Halloween #666 is officially home. Can't wait to unbox this and get some plays in tonight!!
[quoted image]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/62?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.