(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
IMG_20220209_222729__01.jpg

There are 4,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 82.
#3001 2 years ago

deleted.

#3002 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

At least spell his name right. It's Axl, people.

Actually, it's spelled William Bruce.

#3003 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Don't let the concert footage be the *one* thing preventing you from buying one - it's a great game. But don't just take my word for it, ask Spooky Charlie what he thinks about it!

I don't care what Charlie thinks. Anything that plays Wings covers gets dragged out into the pasture and shot repeatedly.

#3004 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

New stream from the animator. Looks to be a little more "normal" in this video...

This might be worse than the first one.

#3005 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Axel was detestable before he got fat. Then he got fat...
At least we aren't getting fat Michael Myers.

Axel Foley did get pretty fat in Nutty Professor. But I never really found him to be detestable.

31DEE625-2EBC-4672-9A4C-0049A00736E7 (resized).jpeg31DEE625-2EBC-4672-9A4C-0049A00736E7 (resized).jpeg
#3006 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

This might be worse than the first one.

I didn’t last 30 seconds watching it. Didn’t watch any of the first one.

#3007 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I didn’t last 30 seconds watching it. Didn’t watch any of the first one.

Agreed, it's terrible. I would not want this type of 'promotion' for my pin.

#3008 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Agreed, it's terrible. I would not want this type of 'promotion' for my pin.

I know it seems official... it is tough to divorce the fact he is the animator for the game, this is his private stream with his own game, and Spooky has nothing to deal with it.

Kind of like tearing down the highway at 140mph on the way to work - not in a uniform, not in a company car but if someone recognizes you... be certain they are going to call your employer and tell them how bad a representative you are.

#3009 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I know it seems official... it is tough to divorce the fact he is the animator for the game, this is his private stream with his own game, and Spooky has nothing to deal with it.
Kind of like tearing down the highway at 140mph on the way to work - not in a uniform, not in a company car but if someone recognizes you... be certain they are going to call your employer and tell them how bad a representative you are.

Ehh...I'm not sure I agree with that. This is a case of him showing a machine he is helping develop, acknowledging that fact publicly, and representing himself and the machine in what is being perceived as a bad light. I work at a large plumbing product manufacturer. If I started making videos of say a faucet I am working on, set up poorly, and discussing our design decisions and why the features the customer wants are stupid, you can bet my boss would like to have a word with me. It's just not something you do. Take a look at RayDay's streams and how well he represents the machines and in turn the company. That's a world of difference.

I'm not pulling out the pitchfork and calling for him to be fired or anything, but I will say if he were my employee we would be having a frank conversation about why that is unacceptable behavior for a company representative. Even in his time off, he is still absolutely representing the company in this case.

#3010 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Ehh...I'm not sure I agree with that. This is a case of him showing a machine he is helping develop, acknowledging that fact publicly, and representing himself and the machine in what is being perceived as a bad light. I work at a large plumbing product manufacturer. If I started making videos of say a faucet I am working on, set up poorly, and discussing our design decisions and why the features the customer wants are stupid, you can bet my boss would like to have a word with me. It's just not something you do. Take a look at RayDay's streams and how well he represents the machines and in turn the company. That's a world of difference.
I'm not pulling out the pitchfork and calling for him to be fired or anything, but I will say if he were my employee we would be having a frank conversation about why that is unacceptable behavior for a company representative. Even in his time off, he is still absolutely representing the company in this case.

I totally agree with you in principle, but as a business owner I’ve been in the position Spooky is in right now: you’ve hired what turns out to be a less than desirable contractor - less than desirable for reasons perhaps other than their skill - but the company still has to finish the job/product. In your example, your employer can have a LOT more say in what you do as a representative of the company. This dude to my knowledge, isn’t an employee.

It would cost them way more to dump him and find someone else than just to ride this out. I just hope his skill set is worth it. The game looks awesome; really really hoping the animations fully match the rest of the art package.

If he ever hopes to get any other work with Spooky or any other pinball company, one would think he’d cool it with the crazy videos.

#3011 2 years ago

Yeah that’s what I did, and confirmed with Morgan that I just sell and once I confirm payment was made to give details to them of who bought and they simply transfer it. Easy. Also, not that this is a sales post cause it’s not, but I’m not interested in trading down so I appreciate all the messages but I’m just gonna sell the spot for my NRD and get out of line.

Thanks for the help

#3012 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

New stream from the animator. Looks to be a little more "normal" in this video...

Wow. Back like Michael. Question is whether his time is better spent streaming or adding depth/detail to animations?

I am guessing that, mercifully, the only group watching -- and caring -- is us.....

#3013 2 years ago

Releasing 2 games at once is going to put pressure on the coding team at Spooky.

#3014 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Releasing 2 games at once is going to put pressure on the coding team at Spooky.

Have they said if the rules are going to differ between the games? Or will it be the same ruleset with different skins?

#3015 2 years ago

I’m really leaning on buying Halloween but man this video of the animator is uncomfortable for me to watch why are these being made
Not feeling this and don’t even get what the point is

#3016 2 years ago

At this point…
If the animator is truly what he is showing to be…
I think spooky may save time and money in the long run, by jumping someone in to clean things up quickly…..Thus restoring any misconceptions of the game and selling more games in the future.

#3017 2 years ago

For real if your going to make a fucking video finding bugs then take the damn glass off and talk about what your doing
Nobody wants to chill together bro that’s Jacks gig
And promoting local pinball events on the screen?
I don’t care about any other horror thing you got going on or any other horror movie I only care about this movie
Doesn’t even seem to be interested
Bizarre

#3018 2 years ago

If they have to buy gas station coffee instead of Starbucks to cover it for a while, then do it!!

#3019 2 years ago

Hey, spooky…..
Did you happen to meet John carpenter through this game? If so….was he an influence??

#3020 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I’m really leaning on buying Halloween

I saw this same thing firsthand with R&M.
Spooky Pinsiders seem to repeatedly go through the 3 big Fs

FOMO - impulse buys due to a Fear of Missing Out

FUD - due to the impatience that comes from buying from boutique, some suffer Fear Uncertainty and Doubt and sometimes sell their pre-orders.

FANTASTIC - the amazing support, communication and awesome games that some out of the Spooky machine leave you with a Fantastic gaming experience.

#3021 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Have they said if the rules are going to differ between the games? Or will it be the same ruleset with different skins?

I think they said very similar.

#3022 2 years ago

Personally I think spooky is a great company! Yes, very personable and up front! Anything that seems like a negative towards them is, in my opinion…. Is just constructive criticism to the building of spooky.

#3023 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I saw this same thing firsthand with R&M.
Spooky Pinsiders seem to repeatedly go through the 3 big Fs
FOMO - impulse buys due to a Fear of Missing Out
FUD - due to the impatience that comes from buying from boutique, some suffer Fear Uncertainty and Doubt and sometimes sell their pre-orders.
FANTASTIC - the amazing support, communication and awesome games that some out of the Spooky machine leave you with a Fantastic gaming experience.

Ok,fair enough,but FUD is a purposeful attempt to create fear and doubt
Impatience isn’t the cause shit like a sketch vid displaying the game is

No doubt this game is gonna kick ass

I just want this game cause it looks bad ass,I actually do love the Movie,and I just got TNA and was blown away by the quality build
I came here to get info
I saw this guys vids before coming here just on a search of YouTube
I thought it was just some random dude
I’m not even concerned with what the game looks like right now on the screen just don’t get why the game is being shown like that
Everybody has their opinion I guess and like that but looks unprofessional to me

Looking forward to getting my game

#3024 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

This is why spooky should have had an “official” reveal video of their own. The only early videos we all saw were crap.

#3025 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Hey, spooky…..
Did you happen to meet John carpenter through this game? If so….was he an influence??

They said on a podcast that they had a great relationship with the Akkad family who produced the films. I assume they own the license. Not sure if Carpenter owns any part of it, but I could be wrong.

#3026 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I totally agree with you in principle, but as a business owner I’ve been in the position Spooky is in right now: you’ve hired what turns out to be a less than desirable contractor - less than desirable for reasons perhaps other than their skill - but the company still has to finish the job/product. In your example, your employer can have a LOT more say in what you do as a representative of the company. This dude to my knowledge, isn’t an employee.
It would cost them way more to dump him and find someone else than just to ride this out. I just hope his skill set is worth it. The game looks awesome; really really hoping the animations fully match the rest of the art package.
If he ever hopes to get any other work with Spooky or any other pinball company, one would think he’d cool it with the crazy videos.

I highly doubt it would be hard to find someone to jump on the opportunity to work on this pin. The name recognition would go a lot further for the animator/artist than a pay check would. I guarantee many would offer their services for a good price just for the opportunity.

If said employee is a liability, then they should be let go. If they hurt your bottom line than get rid of them. He is representing Spooky regardless of he is subcontracted.

#3027 2 years ago

I have to say I was put off by the early videos - I really like what they did with the layout and sounds like it’s a great shooter. Can’t have a better start than that - let’s pull it all together Spooky! This can be grade A all around - let’s not let the screen take away from the game.

This is why spooky should have had an “official” reveal video of their own. The only early videos we all saw were crap.

#3028 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I have to say I was put off by the early videos - I really like what they did with the layout and sounds like it’s a great shooter. Can’t have a better start than that - let’s pull it all together Spooky! This can be grade A all around - let’s not let the screen take away from the game.

They need to have a good reveal video and then preorders going live like Stern does. Doesn’t have to be a high end production like JJP. Let the product speak for itself unlike GNR did. Now I see why they didn’t focus on the game, it shoots like a dog.

#3029 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I think they originally said they’d both be the same, but read somewhere recently they haven’t ruled out diverging the 2 games at some point. Either way, still a lot of work coding 2 games at once vs all hands on deck for one game at a time.

#3031 2 years ago

The Neca Halloween figurines of Dr. Loomis and Laurie Strode are perfect for potential mods but the scale is too big and I think they would look out of place in the game. Would like to find the same level of quality/detail but a smaller scale? The 1978 Wagon may need to find a place in the game(find a larger scale). Also was watching Halloween II the other day and there is a great sound clip that was retro and intense-thought it would make for a great hurry up sound clip.

Halloween 1978 Wagon (resized).pngHalloween 1978 Wagon (resized).pngNeca Halloween figurines (resized).pngNeca Halloween figurines (resized).png

#3032 2 years ago

I’m buying this game
I’m legit torn between the blood sucker and the collectors cause i want the god damn topper it’s sick
I seriously can’t find a page that shows the differences in the two beyond that
Anybody have a link?

#3033 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I’m buying this game
I’m legit torn between the blood sucker and the collectors cause i want the god damn topper it’s sick
I seriously can’t find a page that shows the differences in the two beyond that
Anybody have a link?

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/spooky-announces-halloween-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/

...and this is the powder that comes on the BSE

#3034 2 years ago

Anybody interested in standard edition spot #1221 for cost($1000)? If so shoot me a message.

#3036 2 years ago

Man is the excitement down for Halloween or what? I am still excited for it.

#3037 2 years ago

I'm super excited.

#3038 2 years ago

So much doom and gloom when very few have even played it and code is very early.

#3039 2 years ago

I’ve played both Halloween and ultra Man.

For locations i hope they come up with a better way to grab the players attention the ball coming up under those sling plastics is extremely difficult to get use to and on location I’m not sure if the player is going to put enough money in to get past that hiccup.

Otherwise shots took a few games to get use to but by the end i was having a lot of fun. The sound and bass is awesome the entire game feels like it’s going to shatter the glass haha.

I don’t think owners will be disappointed I’d be down to buy one on the 2nd hand market if depreciation takes affect.

#3040 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

if depreciation takes affect.

Oh it will

#3041 2 years ago

I was close to selling my spot. I decided that the layout is unique with the uppers and decided to keep it. In a small collection having a couple different layouts is important to me.

#3042 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

For locations i hope they come up with a better way to grab the players attention the ball coming up under those sling plastics is extremely difficult to get use to and on location I’m not sure if the player is going to put enough money in to get past that hiccup

If the GI is individually controlled like on R&M, they can flash the lamp under the sling to draw attention to the eject. Regardless, it can't be any worse than R&M's portal shot eject... that one blows by newbs every f'n time. At least ops can setup a ballsaver for it.

#3043 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

If the GI is individually controlled like on R&M, they can flash the lamp under the sling to draw attention to the eject. Regardless, it can't be any worse than R&M's portal shot eject... that one blows by newbs every f'n time. At least ops can setup a ballsaver for it.

Edit:

Also, perhaps they can create a sound effect that only plays when an inlane eject occurs. Think of the scoop and saucer eject sounds we always hear in Funhouse, Whirlwind, etc. If the eject sound has top priority (always playing over other sounds when neeed), it won't take long to associate it with inlane feeds.

(My mind just thought of Keefer getting completely hosed by a soundless Tron scoop eject in a tourney... sounds are important!)

#3044 2 years ago

What if there was an op setting to return any ball that immediately drains after being lifted to the in-lane? Especially if the flipper button wasn’t pressed. Maybe limited to one save per ball with an audio call out to help teach the player to do better.

#3045 2 years ago

I think it would be cool to actually see the ball appear from the lifter hole before it reaches the inlane. Wonder if an alternate sling plastic could be fashioned to allow you to see the action.

Or how about a spooky-lit below the playfield video of the lifter in action that is shown when it fires.

#3046 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So much doom and gloom when very few have even played it and code is very early. You said it shoots like a dog in an earlier post, have you played it on location somewhere?

I read that line as saying GNR shoots like a dog.

#3047 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

My Ultraman has both lights that flash and sound effect when the ball comes up the elevators to the in lanes. Is that missing on Halloween? Rather odd that it would be on Ultraman and not Halloween.

#3048 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Edit:
Also, perhaps they can create a sound effect that only plays when an inlane eject occurs.

Just before the lifter puts the ball in the inlane there is an ominous sound and the inlane lights flash. This sound is only used for this feature. Very important during multiball as you will be warned that a ball is coming.

#3049 2 years ago

Sounds good, guess the other person didn't notice the warnings.

#3050 2 years ago
Quoted from tlsbryan:My Ultraman has both lights that flash and sound effect when the ball comes up the elevators to the in lanes. Is that missing on Halloween? Rather odd that it would be on Ultraman and not Halloween.

There’s no possible way it’s missing on HW. Not only would this be a weird oversight from Spooky, but they actually said the code would be shared between the two games until a point at which it would require a major divergence - which may never happen.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 4,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/61?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.