(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 82.
#2951 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Since we're talking so much about what's on the LCD, how about the quality of the LCD? There's a company that sells the upgraded screens for Spooky pins. I know that R&M had viewing issues and washout from multiple angles. Many owners upgraded theirs and they look amazing. Can any owners confirm if this is still an issue with Halloween? Or did Spooky correct this?

Link to the company that sells the lcd upgrade?

#2952 2 years ago

Is this it?

20210923_121051 (resized).jpg20210923_121051 (resized).jpg
#2953 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Maybe I'm biased, but I just don't think clips make or break a game.
I want a pinball machine with good rules and goals, peppered with enough flavor of the IP to set a tone.
I do not want a pinball-sized DVD player to show me the entire movie.
Also, I find "full clips" (Star Wars, RM etc) get old quickly and I end up skipping them every time.
Just me.

I don't need them either, I think Stern did a top notch job with JP animations - I liked their approach
I think the issue is the animations are not all that on halloween

#2954 2 years ago
Quoted from CrisCrow:

I did watch, both times when he was streaming live on twitch. Yeah it looked rough, but he made it look that way, the video quality, his playing ability, and the way he was in general was quite cringe. That being said, I've watched other people videos since and am not the slightest bit concerned with what it is currently or spooky's end vision will mature into. IMO everyone needs to chill with the nitpicking until you have one in your game room.

Yeah I saw some of that video and stopped watching after about 10 minutes. To be honest he seemed a little remedial, and he could not play pinball good at all. Yeah not the best representation of the machine. To say the least.

#2955 2 years ago

if anyone wants to trade their early/low Halloween spot for my low 300 one (and tax isn't charged to PA), PM me.

#2956 2 years ago

Yeah, for all the ball busting we give to the LCD animator, I don’t envy his job. How do you take a slow, dark suspense movie and make a fast paced, fun pinball machine? Damned if I know, which is why I don’t work for Spooky.

I just buy the game.

#2957 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yeah, for all the ball busting we give to the LCD animator, I don’t envy his job. How do you take a slow, dark suspense movie and make a fast paced, fun pinball machine? Damned if I know, which is why I don’t work for Spooky.
I just buy the game.

Very simple. Include boobies.

#2958 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I doubt there are more than 5 minutes worth of clips in Alien. They’re all just a few seconds worth of transitions or game mode/mood setup. I also doubt Fox was super carefree with their license. Also, clips of the actual Xenomorph? Maybe two or three total clips.

Truth.

They really did a good job with the limited clips they had making it feel really immersive. I was hoping Spooky would be able to pull off the same feel.
Unfortunately that does not seem to be the case. They are going in a different direction.

Alien uses graphics over the actual video footage which works great. Seems like Spooky is not taking this approach, which I wish the would. They are doing Video and graphics separately. Maybe that is a licensing issue that they wont let them do it like Alien.

If that isn't the case they should shit can what they have and attack it at the Alien angle. Just my opinion.

#2959 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I don't need them either, I think Stern did a top notch job with JP animations - I like their approach
I think the issue is the animations are not all that on halloween

Yeah I should be clear - movie clips are not important to me but high quality animations are.
I have obviously been spoiled by the other games in my collection on this.

#2960 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

go a page back to my post - Spooky posted an update on FB yesterday. #'s 51+ should start building around week of 10/4 once they finish up the VIPS.

I don't understand. They said weeks ago they were building 30 a week. But they are not even going to be at 50 until a couple more weeks? If they were at 0 built now they should be past that in a couple more weeks.

#2961 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I don't understand. They said weeks ago they were building 30 a week. But they are not even going to be at 50 until a couple more weeks? If they were at 0 built now they should be past that in a couple more weeks.

They want to hit 30 a week. They are currently ramping up. Plus making sure quality control is up to snuff on the initial machines. I am 58, and was hoping to be contacted by now, but it is what it is. No sweat. Playing my America's Most Haunted (my recently purchased first pin) until ol Halloween can show up.

#2962 2 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yeah I should be clear - movie clips are not important to me but high quality animations are.
I have obviously been spoiled by the other games in my collection on this.

Whaaaat? GnR would not be near as good without the concert footage. Granted the animations are awesome too, but the footage is part of what amps the adrenaline!

#2963 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

I was initially confused with this also, but to my understanding they are nearing 100 games done total between Halloween and Ultraman. All these are still in the friends, family, vip batch.

It sounds as though they will start getting into the public games the first week of October. 51 and onward for both games

#2964 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

I was initially confused with this also, but to my understanding they are nearing 100 games done total between Halloween and Ultraman. All these are still in the friends, family, vip batch.
It sounds as though they will start getting into the public games the first week of October. 51 and onward for both games

I read on Facebook that Ultraman # 52 got his email yesterday....Things are progressing.

#2965 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Whaaaat? GnR would not be near as good without the concert footage. Granted the animations are awesome too, but the footage is part of what amps the adrenaline!

Clips are nice to have, sure, but lack of clips is not a deal breaker. For me.

#2966 2 years ago

Just remember again, code is early and more to come. Elvira had early code and people were not happy with it at the beginning. Same with Guardians and Stranger Things. Those games are now really really good with code updates and are sought after. Just relax.

#2967 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I read on Facebook that Ultraman # 52 got his email yesterday....Things are progressing.

If that's true, then these numbers are absolutely meaningless, since I am #17 ultraman with no email.

#2968 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Just remember again, code is early and more to come. Elvira had early code and people were not happy with it at the beginning. Same with Guardians and Stranger Things. Those games are now really really good with code updates and are sought after. Just relax.

Exactly. I have already mode a promise too myself that I will not watch anymore gameplay videos so that I will get too experience this baby right out of the box for the 1st time. With this new update coming on October 1st it feels like they are about to completely change this game for the better as I have counted only 4 movie clips and he said 15 will be in it now and cant wait until #159 gets here.

#2969 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Absolutely - IMO the Elvira code updates made the game go from an ok curiousity to one of the best games of all time. Halloween seems to have a cool unique layout which shoots well, AND has the opportunity to get even better and better through updates.

#2970 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

If that's true, then these numbers are absolutely meaningless, since I am #17 ultraman with no email.

sorry - he said he was UM # 53. Looks like some skipping here and there. At 17, I would have thought you'd have gotten the email weeks ago...odd.

#2971 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

sorry - he said he was UM # 53. Looks like some skipping here and there. At 17, I would have thought you'd have gotten the email weeks ago...odd.

Maybe one of the VIPs requested an out of order number.

#2972 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I haven't seen GNR in person but I would have been in if the video footage was of the OG lineup, I'm not a fan of old Axle.

On a similar note, JJP's artwork is second to none IMO.

Added over 3 years ago:

Oops... Axl

#2973 2 years ago

I'm not a fan of old Axle.

Facts.

#2974 2 years ago
Quoted from CrisCrow:

theyre pretty easy things to make, lots of sources for kits or tiny lcd screens to build em'
edit: also great use for old phones and ipods, you can 3dprint a tv housing for it (this is what ill be doing if i can find a place for it or might install it in the apron)

Gotta remember the original Halloween film is 2:35 (widescreen), most phones are closer to 1:85 standard movie (and tv) ratio. Any housing will have to cover the top and bottom black bars on a phone screen.

#2975 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I am 52, . . . .no email yet.

#2976 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:I'm not a fan of old Axle.
Facts.

Which vehicle? Some really nice old axles still in use in many muscle cars..

#2977 2 years ago

New stream from the animator. Looks to be a little more "normal" in this video...

#2978 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I dont think it is. #6 was posting about just receiving or preparing to receive on Facebook. I'd think both of ours are built(probably just this week) and just waiting for the call.

#2979 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I am 52, . . . .no email yet.

My bad - it was #53 who posted on FB yesterday saying he got the email.

#2980 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Gotta remember the original Halloween film is 2:35 (widescreen), most phones are closer to 1:85 standard movie (and tv) ratio. Any housing will have to cover the top and bottom black bars on a phone screen.

yeah, that's easy enough, I actually just used the spare phone I had for another project and have since ordered a mini lcd panel

#2981 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

My bad - it was #53 who posted on FB yesterday saying he got the email.

Also missed you said um . . I am Halloween 52

#2982 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:New stream from the animator. Looks to be a little more "normal" in this video...

...if you say so.

1-what is the swaying purple thing on the left in the closet animation supposed to be, clothing?
2-what sense does it make to use video static/glitching as a transition? To make us think we're watching an old vhs tape?

#2983 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

New stream from the animator. Looks to be a little more "normal" in this video...

This was streamed 5 days ago right after the initial stream, on twitch.

#2984 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

2-what sense does it make to use video static/glitching as a transition? To make us think we're watching an old vhs tape?

Halloween III...IDK

#2985 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Absolutely - IMO the Elvira code updates made the game go from an ok curiousity to one of the best games of all time. Halloween seems to have a cool unique layout which shoots well, AND has the opportunity to get even better and better through updates.

Elvira is definitely one of the best pins I have ever played and own. My wife said she will be buried in it. Halloween definitely has the potential to be a great game. Maybe not Elvira great, but many will never be. I am not going to watch anymore videos and still haven’t watched the animators video.

#2986 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Concert footage is the one thing that prevents me from ever buying one. I don't want to see middle aged Axel videos. Why couldn't they use 90's stuff? That is how we remember them...

#2987 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

agree, but that's because that pin is billed as sort of a concert experience ... so concert footage is expected

#2988 2 years ago

Mistaken

#2989 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I dont think it is. #6 was posting about just receiving or preparing to receive on Facebook. I'd think both of ours are built(probably just this week) and just waiting for the call.

Our records say that UM 16 and 17 are project pinball games and they are actually done awaiting payment.

#2990 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

Concert footage is the one thing that prevents me from ever buying one. I don't want to see middle aged Axel videos. Why couldn't they use 90's stuff? That is how we remember them...

Because using 90's footage would look ragtag with low video quality (and there would be no footage for Chinese Democracy songs).

The concert footage in the pin doesn't focus on Axl - there's a lot of shifting around to show the other band members, crowd, video wall, etc. It's very well done.

Don't let the concert footage be the *one* thing preventing you from buying one - it's a great game. But don't just take my word for it, ask Spooky Charlie what he thinks about it!

#2991 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperVS:

The music IS mid 90...so only video is the old Axl (live video, with original music)...maybe that helps?

#2992 2 years ago

Axel was detestable before he got fat. Then he got fat...

At least we aren't getting fat Michael Myers.

#2993 2 years ago

I'm just happy its all just the original 78' Halloween.

#2994 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Axel was detestable before he got fat. Then he got fat...
At least we aren't getting fat Michael Myers.

Part 6 Michael has hurt feelings

Halloween 6.5 (resized).jpgHalloween 6.5 (resized).jpg
#2995 2 years ago
Quoted from Aqua1122:

I think I have to agree. This should have been caught.
[quoted image]

100%. What an odd decision to make here to not fit this in the insert. Something you can't un-see now.

#2996 2 years ago

At least spell his name right. It's Axl, people.

#2997 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

At least spell his name right. It's Axl, people.

Haha! Corrected it!

#2998 2 years ago

I have #180 CE and will need to transfer it, what’s the correct process for doing that. Gonna end up not being financially ready anytime soon to follow through. But I don’t want to just sell the spot and assume spooky will transfer to new owner without knowing that ahead of time.

#2999 2 years ago

I bought in (WAAAAAY later than 180) on a pre-sold spot about a week ago. I should have waited!

The other pinsider and I got on the phone and just discussed details, price, etc. I sent him money via paypal and he copied me on an email to the distributor he bought the spot from to transfer all the details. I had already bought other games from Joe Newhart at Pinballstar, so he had all my info. Pretty easy.

#3000 2 years ago
Quoted from cartman5579:

I have #180 CE and will need to transfer it, what’s the correct process for doing that. Gonna end up not being financially ready anytime soon to follow through. But I don’t want to just sell the spot and assume spooky will transfer to new owner without knowing that ahead of time.

Email Spooky?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/60?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.