(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 82.
#2851 2 years ago

Maybe Spooky Luke can get the sub spacers and felt installed in while it's being fabricated? Don't think these parts would be big dollar additions. Much easier to do it now and save your loyal customers the extra work. Just a thought, don't think I'm asking too much for $10K.

#2852 2 years ago

Oddly enough, what sold me pretty much right away was the art, in particular Michael with the clown costume. If they recognized that small moment as the entire side of the cabinet head, I was in.

I’m still in, but I’m also glad Spooky has been vocal about the early stages of the code. The streams were concerning. The lighting and flow looked great, the LCD and sounds not so much.

NightMutilator’s stream was a train wreck, both in presentation and message. He’s in charge of the animations and complaining about the ‘naysayers.’ He seems like a great dude, and I’m glad he’s a Halloween fan, but let the work speak for itself.

Anyway, still in and very excited.

#2853 2 years ago

I use a 15” Paradigm servo 15 sub on some of my pins, not sure how to stop the whole room and contents rattling except turn it down and that’s not happening
Having to fix rattling glass from too much bass is a good problem to have

#2854 2 years ago
Quoted from Chief_G:Good day fellow pinheads. I have one on order and believe in Spooky and this game. I only have one concern and it is about the sound system. My Rick and Morty sound was so awesome, but the bass made the PF glass rattle big time, that became rather annoying quickly. Any inputs? Hopefully that has been remedied for this game.
Thanks, Dave

This is an issue on most games that have powerful/upgraded sound. You'll want to add some "rattle tape" to the glass, or to the sides of the glass channel in order to keep it from rattling.

I upgraded my Monster Bash and I use guitar picks on the top /bottom of the glass on both sides, which also works great. You just want to keep the glass from rattling in the channel.

#2855 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I use a 15” Paradigm servo 15 sub on some of my pins, not sure how to stop the whole room and contents rattling except turn it down and that’s not happening
Having to fix rattling glass from too much bass is a good problem to have

I agree it's a good problem, just hate working on new out of box machine, I'll live if they can't fix it, the ROI is totally worth it. These machines kick ass.

#2856 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

This is an issue on most games that have powerful/upgraded sound. You'll want to add some "rattle tape" to the glass, or to the sides of the glass channel in order to keep it from rattling.
I upgraded my Monster Bash and I use guitar picks on the top /bottom of the glass on both sides, which also works great. You just want to keep the glass from rattling in the channel.

Thanks for the input

#2857 2 years ago

Since we're back on this topic, I would like to reiterate what has been said before: why did spooky stop using sub boxes? TNA has a ported sub box and it makes that game sound night and day better than my R&M. I can crank it, feel the bass, and didn't have to use felt tape or spacers or anything. It just worked. The only disappointment I've had with R&M is that. And I know that's going to be the exact same thing for Halloween. And look, I get it, slimming the BOM in one place lets you spend in another, and making the builds uniform with all features added on every machine will speed up and simplify the build process, but this is such a crucial thing. The fact that TNA "just worked" out of the box and R&M required me dialing in settings on the amp to get it to stop rattling is ridiculous. A sub box would fix this, 100%. Even if it's offered as an "aftermarket" add-on, I know that both games would be improved from this.

#2858 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

NightMutilator’s stream was a train wreck, both in presentation and message. He’s in charge of the animations and complaining about the ‘naysayers.’ He seems like a great dude, and I’m glad he’s a Halloween fan, but let the work speak for itself.
Anyway, still in and very excited.

Amen literally caused multiple people to bail on this amazing game with his attitude and lack of common sense as he didn't realize that all of us are paying spooky customers and have every right to question the only weak part of the game which HE is leading.such a shame as spooky is top notch in my book and personally I truly hope they replace him sooner rather than later as they are the best in the business when it come to community and customer service and he obviously doesn't fit that criteria and we all know they can do much better. Being a die hard fan doesn't make you a good animator. Some of his are absolutely top notch like the scene with judith myers tombstone and then you have they horrid sanitarium animations and the moving hand. It just doesn't look professional in 2021 in a 10k game that has amazing artwork everywhere else except on the lcd screen. BUT No Matter what. IN SPOOKY WE TRUST

#2859 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Amen literally caused multiple people to bail on this amazing game with his attitude and lack of common sense as he didn't realize that all of us are paying spooky customers and have every right to question the only weak part of the game which HE is leading.such a shame as spooky is top notch in my book and personally I truly hope they replace him sooner rather than later as they are the best in the business when it come to community and customer service and he obviously doesn't fit that criteria and we all know they can do much better. Being a die hard fan doesn't make you a good animator. Some of his are absolutely top notch like the scene with judith myers tombstone and then you have they horrid sanitarium animations and the moving hand. It just doesn't look professional in 2021 in a 10k game that has amazing artwork everywhere else except on the lcd screen. BUT No Matter what. IN SPOOKY WE TRUST

Couldn't agree more. C'mon Spooky. You can do it!!!

Extend the clips/scenes and add more, reduce or eliminate some of those those corny animations.

Think about the RnM code with the long clips, it works, and how that pulls that game together, it's incredible. Please do that to Halloween. So many scary scenes in that movie.

I'm rooting for you!

#2860 2 years ago

If longer scenes are added (fingers crossed) please make them skippable. 98% I’d watch em in full, but Gotta keep my mojo going in the rare opportunity I got a great game going!

#2861 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

I'm not going to tell anyone what to do w their spot or their money. I'm just going to add this...
I've been operating the game for a little less than a week, and the feedback I'm getting from players has been well beyond what I expected, considering the code being so premature. I've been told it's incredibly fun, and that the house upper playfield is one of the best in pinball, for it's rules and flow. the level of return/repeat play I've seen is definitely higher than any previous Spooky title I've operated. People are just loving it. That can of course change with time.
It's my opinion (and I stress "opinion") that anyone bailing out now, especially for a loss on their deposit, is comparable to folks selling a stock out of fear after it crashes, only to watch it go back up without them.
anyway, do what you want with that information.

Ditto, ours is doing quite well.

#2862 2 years ago

Marco Specialties had done a great interview with Spooky a few weeks back where they went over all of the hardware inside a Halloween. Now it looks like the video has been taken down. Anyone know why or if it will be re-posted?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/47#post-6475723

#2863 2 years ago

I was thinking how AMAZING would it be if this was the attract mode background or when you press the start button.i truly believe it would totally immerse you into the Halloween universe.
And instead of the actors names you could put the people that worked on the game in the same font. Man I truly would be blown away with this type of theme integration.

#2864 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Marco Specialties had done a great interview with Spooky a few weeks back where they went over all of the hardware inside a Halloween. Now it looks like the video has been taken down. Anyone know why or if it will be re-posted?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/47#post-6475723

That's a shame as it was so informative

#2865 2 years ago

I was thinking how AMAZING would it be if this was the attract mode background or when you press the start button.i truly believe it would totally immerse you into the Halloween universe.
And instead of the actors names you could put the people that worked on the game in the same font. Man I truly would be blown away with this type of theme integration.

It'd be ok for doing the credits during attract mode, but starting every game like that? People would skip it every time after watching it once and operators would be annoyed at how it wastes a minute when they're primarily concerned about player turnover to maximize coin drop.

I'm not trying to sound overly harsh. It's a nice attention to detail. But there's plenty of other areas that need work first.

#2866 2 years ago
Quoted from Chief_G:

Good day fellow pinheads. I have one on order and believe in Spooky and this game. I only have one concern and it is about the sound system. My Rick and Morty sound was so awesome, but the bass made the PF glass rattle big time, that became rather annoying quickly. Any inputs? Hopefully that has been remedied for this game.
Thanks, Dave

I use the zip tie method under the glass rails and it fixed it permanently.

#2867 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I use the zip tie method under the glass rails and it fixed it permanently.

A permanent fix sounds awesome. How’s that work exactly?

#2868 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I have only played Spooky games on location and they sound by and far better than the other machines. The bass especially is very solid. I can’t wait to hear one in a home setting.

Buy a pre amped external subbox nothing is better .

#2869 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It'd be ok for doing the credits during attract mode, but starting every game like that? People would skip it every time after watching it once and operators would be annoyed at how it wastes a minute when they're primarily concerned about player turnover to maximize coin drop.
I'm not trying to sound overly harsh. It's a nice attention to detail. But there's plenty of other areas that need work first.

They wouldn't have to do the whole thing but just show the pumpkin and john carpenter's Halloween and that would be so epic. But for attract mode it would work best.

#2870 2 years ago

Something tells me the licensor wouldn't allow something like that. It could be cool at the end, but it's altering the artistic beginning of the film. Now if they put it in without added info in place of the original text, maybe that could work. I just keep thinking back to a podcast where Charlie said, the licensor didn't want something that was a running movie in the game. I think this may have something to do with the movie clips as well, but it's just a guess.

#2871 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Buy a pre amped external subbox nothing is better .

That’s what I was thinking and just turn down bass in game. Thanks

#2872 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Something tells me the licensor wouldn't allow something like that. It could be cool at the end, but it's altering the artistic beginning of the film. Now if they put it in without added info in place of the original text, maybe that could work. I just keep thinking back to a podcast where Charlie said, the licensor didn't want something that was a running movie in the game. I think this may have something to do with the movie clips as well, but it's just a guess.

You’re probably right, I’m no business major or minor. Just know that more movie would be better. Maybe make another pitch to licensor and show them how cool the game could be. It’s making an ancient HWN movie relevant again, especially with the new movie outit’s a win win IMO and an opportunity lost on licensor side too.
But what the hell do I know, just a retired crusty Air Force Chief.

#2873 2 years ago

Good point. Licensing is an interesting subject, so I’ve always wondered how the negotiations go. I’m sure the licensor is very protective of the property and of course, know what they want, so this may be what’s happening with trying to get more of the movie into the game. I’m just guessing by the way, as I don’t have insider knowledge. I haven’t even watched any stream as this is the first game I’m getting where I want to be surprised, so I don’t see what everyone is discussing here. I’m sure everyone at spooky will do what they can to make it as cool as possible. There’s much more video to add to the code as they’ve said!

#2874 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Ty-Arnold Not quite. That is 70 between both games. I am 52 and haven't heard anything.

Wow! You are 52? That is awesome. I bet you literally can't wait lol. They are making 6 a day though. They also have a testing period for the games. I guarantee you will hear from them soon. It has to be.

#2875 2 years ago

Tsskinne dnapac bigehrl

Can any of you confirm what you're hearing in terms of custom callouts from PJ Soles? I made little progress playing the machine at SFGE and don't think I heard anything at all from her. And sorry I haven't watched all the videos and/or streams. Thanks.

#2876 2 years ago
Quoted from Chief_G:

A permanent fix sounds awesome. How’s that work exactly?

Cut the ends of 4 - 6 zip ties - the pointy bit. Jam them under the bottom part of the black plastic glass channel - distribute evenly along - 2 - 3 each side.

Make sure its UNDER the channel, in between the channel and the cabinet wood, not in the channel.

I think its in the RnM thread somewhere - thanks to Whysnow

#2877 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Cut the ends of 4 - 6 zip ties - the pointy bit. Jam them under the bottom part of the black plastic glass channel - distribute evenly along - 2 - 3 each side.
Make sure its UNDER the channel, in between the channel and the cabinet wood, not in the channel.
I think its in the RnM thread somewhere - thanks to Whysnow

Thanks

#2878 2 years ago

I always like the Halloween 3 opening credits.

Off topic but since you brought this up.

#2879 2 years ago

Amazing never paid that much attention

Quoted from kciaccio:

#2880 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

That ominous 80's Carpenter synth is so damn iconic. As soon as you hear it, you know its one of his (awesome) movies.

#2881 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys I can't really keep people from streaming the game but I will say this was in no way shape or form a spooky planned or a spooky stream. I fully understand where you guys are coming from. This was his personal channel with his personal game. No different than Tskinne streaming his.

As always, thanks for the reply and think we owe you the respect to get to work. . .

Quoted from jellikit:

Tsskinne dnapac bigehrl
Can any of you confirm what you're hearing in terms of custom callouts from PJ Soles? I made little progress playing the machine at SFGE and don't think I heard anything at all from her. And sorry I haven't watched all the videos and/or streams. Thanks.

Tsskinne and I are business partners and I can confirm P.J. is there but she is limited at this time. . . the most frequent callout of hers I have heard is that the mode start is ready at the scoop. . . but adding additional callouts from her IMHO will certainly continue to add a lot, especially if they have her make fun of you a bit for bad play!

#2882 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys I can't really keep people from streaming the game but I will say this was in no way shape or form a spooky planned or a spooky stream. I fully understand where you guys are coming from. This was his personal channel with his personal game. No different than Tskinne streaming his.

As always, thanks for the reply and think we owe you the respect to get to work. . .

Spooky has always been amazing to work with. . . they really care about Pinball and it shows!

#2883 2 years ago

IMO, a big thing that will be missing in the audio of this game is the “JACKPOT!!” call outs. PJ soles, imitation Dr. Loomis?? Just not very memorable. Too bad MM doesn’t say JACKPOT!!! in the movie. Ha ha. What else can ya do. At least get JLC to do em but I guess that wasn’t an option?

#2884 2 years ago

I have only one question after hearing night mutilator was the animations guy.
Where the F@@k is David Van Es? Why is he not doing these animations. His work on Alice Cooper was Killer!
Magicchiz

#2885 2 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

Tsskinne and I are business partners and I can confirm P.J. is there but she is limited at this time. . . the most frequent callout of hers I have heard is that the mode start is ready at the scoop. . . but adding additional callouts from her IMHO will certainly continue to add a lot, especially if they have her make fun of you a bit for bad play!

Thanks for the input, I figured as with everything else being early there isn't much there but hoping there are some good one-liners in there for her.

#2886 2 years ago

If I changed my mind every time early code was shown, I would have never have bought any pins after 2005.

One video from one programmer contradicting what the company owner said? Yeah, ok.

Hey Spooky, just keep him focused on coding and out of marketing. I’ve been excited for a horror pin since TWD and I’m not losing my spot over one over-indulgent Youtuber. If that video was with the Emery clan I’d be worried. I’m sure Charlie and Captain ruleset will be having a discussion at work.

#2887 2 years ago

They just posted on FB that they got 19 original movie clips to add in Oct approved

#2888 2 years ago

For those that don’t do Facebook:

Hey guys! Just going to take some time to give some update notes on the day to day around here! We don’t use Facebook to often but I am going to try to start!

UPDATES
We have been doing 5-6 games per day for a few weeks now. I’m sure we will run into the occasional shortage of parts but for now things look really good. Plan is to slowly ramp up to 40 games per week over the course of the next 4 months. Expanding crew continuously but taking our time so as to keep the quality as high as possible. We want you getting the best product we can build. Should be hitting our 100th game late next week!

As far as code we have a TON of cool things on the agenda! Will be working on this for the next 12 months so lots of content.

Will be dropping a major Halloween update Oct 1st. So far 19 original movie clips have been approved for use in the game. The next update includes 15 of those. Will be releasing a list of additions with the update.

A major Ultraman update will follow in the coming weeks.

As for the insert questions I am going to take a look at it and see what the options are and how the art was intended.

Glad to see so many people enjoying the game and can’t wait to make it even better!

#2889 2 years ago

19 approved… 15 will be in the October 1 release.

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

They just posted on FB that they got 19 original movie clips to add in Oct approved

#2890 2 years ago

I guess I might be confused. I thought the first 50 were going to friends and family. Starting at 51 would go to the public. I know #52 is in the forums here somewhere and he said he hasn't been asked for butter or not.

#2891 2 years ago

So it sounds as they will be hitting number 75 Halloween by next week which is amazing. There still may be hope for me to get 159 by Halloween if they are pumping this many out now. Fingers crossed I get that email soon.

#2892 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I guess I might be confused. I thought the first 50 were going to friends and family. Starting at 51 would go to the public. I know #52 is in the forums here somewhere and he said he hasn't been asked for butter or not.

First 50 Halloween + first 50 Ultraman go to friends and family. They won’t hit that until next week.

#2893 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

First 50 Halloween + first 50 Ultraman go to friends and family. They won’t hit that until next week.

Ahh
I thought it was 2 to 1 ratio the whole time.

#2894 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Ohhhhh that makes things a lot more clear. Thank you for that.

#2895 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Hey guys! Just going to take some time to give some update notes on the day to day around here! We don’t use Facebook to often but I am going to try to start!
UPDATES
We have been doing 5-6 games per day for a few weeks now. I’m sure we will run into the occasional shortage of parts but for now things look really good. Plan is to slowly ramp up to 40 games per week over the course of the next 4 months. Expanding crew continuously but taking our time so as to keep the quality as high as possible. We want you getting the best product we can build. Should be hitting our 100th game late next week!
As far as code we have a TON of cool things on the agenda! Will be working on this for the next 12 months so lots of content.
Will be dropping a major Halloween update Oct 1st. So far 19 original movie clips have been approved for use in the game. The next update includes 15 of those. Will be releasing a list of additions with the update.
As for the insert questions I am going to take a look at it and see what the options are and how the art was intended.
Glad to see so many people enjoying the game and can’t wait to make it even better!

Thank you for sharing this update for us non-FB folk!

#2896 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

UPDATES

Nice!!

#2897 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

We already knew that, but what length and when they are implemented is the question of the day. 19, 1 second clips is not the same as 19, 4 second clips and how often they are used.

#2898 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

We already knew that, but what length and when they are implemented is the question of the day. 19, 1 second clips is not the same as 19, 4 second clips and how often they are used.

They posted in one of the threads that the clips are 3-6 seconds long.

#2899 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

They posted in one of the threads that the clips are 3-6 seconds long.

Even 20 clips each at 6 seconds is only 2 minutes of film footage.

I’d hope eventually we’ll have a few more clips.

#2900 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Even 20 clips each at 6 seconds is only 2 minutes of film footage.
I’d hope eventually we’ll have a few more clips.

Still early code…even with the update. That said, I don’t have 2 minutes to take my eyes off the playfield, even if 6 sec at a time. This is a fast playing pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 210.00
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/58?hl=chief_g and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.