(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
IMG_20220209_222729__01.jpg

There are 4,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 82.
#2601 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

What, the ONE F'ING GUY? You're just throwing fuel on their fire with shit like this... there has been so few posts similar to what you're describing that I can't even easily remember them to quote them...

I'll counter with...
I couldn't decide which one was more awesome so I had to get both. When they arrive I'll feel like this...

2021022495164233951614203046467 (resized).jpg2021022495164233951614203046467 (resized).jpg
#2602 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I'll counter with...
I couldn't decide which one was more awesome so I had to get both. When they arrive I'll feel like this...[quoted image]

Counter.....or agree...?

Seriously, most of the HW v. UM posts that went one way or the other got stepped on pretty quick. I'm not mad that ya'll are getting more news and updates, there's going to be nearly 2.5x as many of your games as mine. I think it's really a pity that the threads are separated between the games because you know a lot of these updates are going to be somewhat similar between games minus the actual loaded assets and color of lightshows. All the stuff posted over here more or less gets reposted on the UM thread.... and aside from that.....it's pretty quiet on there for now!

#2603 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Counter.....or agree...?
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"bb4b96d616deed39dde351e9c276f0daa78ad647-1632000272-1800"};
//]]>

Seriously, most of the HW v. UM posts that went one way or the other got stepped on pretty quick. I'm not mad that ya'll are getting more news and updates, there's going to be nearly 2.5x as many of your games as mine. I think it's really a pity that the threads are separated between the games because you know a lot of these updates are going to be somewhat similar between games minus the actual loaded assets and color of lightshows. All the stuff posted over here more or less gets reposted on the UM thread.... and aside from that.....it's pretty quiet on there for now!

Agree.

#2604 2 years ago

Anyone with an SE or BSE interested in swapping out for a CE? I'm in the 400s. Drop me a PM

#2605 2 years ago
Quoted from silen7ce:

Anyone with an SE or BSE interested in swapping out for a CE? I'm in the 400s. Drop me a PM

Hmmmm..

#2606 2 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

I appreciate the kind words! Working on so many things over the years that were critiqued gave me some crazy thick crocodile skin, but I just want to knock this one out of the park for everyone who loves Halloween more than anything right now. It's a tall order for sure, and probably an impossible feat, but I still strive for it! Some reviewers just use some really harsh words before thinking things through and I respect that. It's their opinion, and any opinion is valid.

Great job. As soon as the clips are actually implemented it will be legendary.i know you said earlier if you want to see the movie put it on in the background but this is why we have a lcd screen. For awesome animations like you have created 50% and 50% movie clips.

#2607 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

For awesome animations like you have created 50% and 50% movie clips.

Couldn't have said it better.. .. it isn't like this is an action movie where you can just loop kung fu fighting video footage over and over. . . I can absolutely see these animations being used as transitions to the videos for successes and failures during modes and ball drains. . .

We have been playing #14 and there are obvious parts of the game where there are callouts that are perfectly aligned that could show a video clip transition almost as if it is programed to already be there/inserted. . .

And while a few of the animations aren't my favorite. . . there are a few that blow me away. . . excited to see how NightMutilator decides how he wants to progress through the project. . seeing his past work I think we can trust he'll get this right.

#2608 2 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

Couldn't have said it better.. .. it isn't like this is an action movie where you can just loop kung fu fighting video footage over and over. . . I can absolutely see these animations being used as transitions to the videos for successes and failures during modes and ball drains. . .
We have been playing #14 and there are obvious parts of the game where there are callouts that are perfectly aligned that could show a video clip transition almost as if it is programed to already be there/inserted. . . excited for the future!

I just envision each game is aligned with the movie and progresses along until the climax, Micheal falling off the balcony, disappears, and restart..Cannot wait to watch this pin progress.

#2609 2 years ago

Anyone else just see the animation directors cringy video via YouTube? Certainly not doing Spooky any favors. I'm still shaking my head....

#2610 2 years ago

I think it’s hilarious how all these CE depositors are now trying to sell their spot for what , Godzilla. I hope you all get stuck with your purchase. FOMO big time and thus part of the reason why new games are costing so much.

#2611 2 years ago

I love the theme, I actually have just a standard on order but as an artist I was horrified that this dude just repurposed Edmistons art into some floating scenes and the only original animations were a shame to the new display. Hell a DMD would have been better, but then he had the nerve to talk $@$ about how people didn't understand and the animation on the game over screen was his favorite..... lol... come on dude, You're not an artist yet, you need to take a step back, collect yourself, I get it.. life is hard and if you want to be an artist you need to step up....

#2612 2 years ago

With all due respect.

#2613 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I think it’s hilarious how all these CE depositors are now trying to sell their spot for what , Godzilla. I hope you all get stuck with your purchase. FOMO big time and thus part of the reason why new games are costing so much.

I’m sure there’s some correlation but there’s always games going up when there’s a new game announced, especially an Elwin. I think they both look incredible and am in on both. Not sure if people were hoping to flip these? I think it’s more seeking instant gratification….”I want a game right now!”. I’m cool waiting for both.

#2614 2 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Tilter:

Anyone else just see the animation directors cringy video via YouTube? Certainly not doing Spooky any favors. I'm still shaking my head....

I'm rooting for this artist 110% but this probably should be taken down as it is a communication nightmare, especially coming from an official Spooky source and I fear is not going to win over any additional fans. . .

#2615 2 years ago

He sounds like me after downing a case of coldies....

#2616 2 years ago

Spooky better put lot's of more effort into this or I'm cancelling. I downgraded my C.Ed to a B.Sucker already. The insert not lighting up the text Halloween that Kaneda points out. Come on !! How could you miss that. Expecting mine to be shipped summer 2022 so they still have time to sharpen up.

//Matt

#2617 2 years ago
Quoted from Flippermatt:

Spooky better put lot's of more effort into this or I'm cancelling. I downgraded my C.Ed to a B.Sucker already. The insert not lighting up the text Halliween that Kaneda points out. Come on !! How could you miss that. Expecting mine to be shipped summer 2022 so they still have time to sharpen up.
//Matt

If you are talking about the topper, the ends now light up as they fixed it.

#2618 2 years ago

He is referring to the “hedge multiball” insert where only “hedge multiba” light up and the “ll” are outside of the lit insert. It looks sloppy and terrible.

After a lot of contemplation yesterday afternoon and evening I’m starting to get concerned on this one sadly. It’s a big investment for me and cold feet are developing…

I LOVE the theme as I’m a huge fan of the film but I am starting to have 2nd thoughts as well on this game after watching the newest stream (has nothing to do with Godzilla as I’m not in on that theme). Im not the biggest fan of the animations in the current state and overall what is being shown on the lcd is far to static and just plain boring. And if they are that tight on approving what is being shown (3-5 seconds tops) what’s the point on movie clips ect? Example: The house with lightning and Michael In the closet are almost always being shown.

Will this game just get old and repetitive very quickly? I’m more of a rock pin guy so I have some concerns developing.

Sadly I am ‘toying’ with the idea of selling my spot as well.

#2619 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

He is referring to the “hedge multiball” insert where only “hedge multiba” light up and the “ll” are outside of the lit insert. It looks sloppy and terrible.
After a lot of contemplation yesterday afternoon and evening I’m starting to get concerned on this one sadly. It’s a big investment for me and cold feet are developing…
I LOVE the theme as I’m a huge fan of the film but I am starting to have 2nd thoughts as well on this game after watching the newest stream (has nothing to do with Godzilla as I’m not in on that theme). Im not the biggest fan of the animations in the current state and overall what is being shown on the lcd is far to static and just plain boring. And if they are that tight on approving what is being shown (3-5 seconds tops) what’s the point on movie clips ect? Example: The house with lightning and Michael In the closet are almost always being shown.
Will this game just get old and repetitive very quickly? I’m more of a rock pin guy so I have some concerns developing.
Sadly I am ‘toying’ with the idea of selling my spot as well.

Me too bud and it crushes me too no end.when this trailer dropped I have never been more excited in this hobby.if they dont add more assets. I dont want this game at ALL

#2620 2 years ago

If the assets don’t end up being there I don’t want it either. This whole if I wanted to see the movie I’ll just watch it bs is garbage. Why license the theme then.. just for images? Holding out in hope

Quoted from radfordian3505:

Me too bud and it crushes me too no end.when this trailer dropped I have never been more excited in this hobby.if they dont add more assets. I dont want this game at ALL

#2621 2 years ago

I was going to get GNR but when Halloween was announced I was like - alright I’ll stray from a rock pin and just go for it since I love the original film so much . Halloween is different and I like that - I think the 2 mini upper playfields would be something fun and completely different to what I own now as I like variety in my home games. It has some cool stuff but is also missing some things that I like in games too. I may of just acted on FOMO and am now paying the price. This flip flopping is driving me nuts! Only myself to blame. It will be interesting to see how this turns out and which direction I go.
I see 17 now for sale on here - not a trend that puts things in my favor.

#2622 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

If the assets don’t end up being there I don’t want it either. This whole if I wanted to see the movie I’ll just watch it bs is garbage. Why license the theme then.. just for images? Holding out in hope

Amen . Pretty much original theme without them

#2623 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I was going to get GNR but when Halloween was announced I was like - alright I’ll stray from a rock pin and just go for it since I love the original film so much . Halloween is different and I like that - I think the 2 mini upper playfields would be something fun and completely different to what I own now as I like variety in my home games. It has some cool stuff but is also missing some things that I like in games too. I may of just acted on FOMO and am now paying the price. This flip flopping is driving me nuts! Only myself to blame. It will be interesting to see how this turns out and which direction I go.

If it were reversed and you were in on GNR but wishing for Halloween the FOMO would be over GNR having constant multiball. You're probably going to regret whatever you choose.

#2624 2 years ago

With all due respect.

Jaw drop... and yes with all due respect.

No I don't expect the whole movie to be in the machine. But I do expect scenes from the movie along with original art to lead me through the game. I expect to be rewarded with cut scenes and awesome original art animations for accomplishing goals. I expect to be surprised and have jump back moments at every turn. I don't expect to be told go watch the movie if that's what I wanted or expected as a buyer and supporter. Sorry if I'm expecting more but at 10,000 grand delivered I am EXPECTING MORE than what you just showed. ALOT MORE. Time to put down the booze and whatever your smoking and get to work. Your horror fest seems cool and all but I'm more concerned about the game I was sold!
This post is meant to light a fire under your ass, not to bash. I'll be the first to praise you and shout holy fn night mutilator from behind the bushes when you deliver. That's all I want to do! I want to love this game! I want to say thank you when the game is finished! You mentioned greatest game ever 10×. Time to deliver greatest graphic content of all time. Shut me the f@ck up with your awesomeness!

I'm in til the end, not selling my spot!

#2625 2 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

If it were reversed and you were in on GNR but wishing for Halloween the FOMO would be over GNR having constant multiball. You're probably going to regret whatever you choose.

I played GNR a few times at my distro and thought it was pretty damn cool. Then Halloween got announced.
I want to love Halloween…I really do. Just have my concerns…

#2626 2 years ago

I hope they address the insert on the multiball. Not a deal breaker for me, but kind of sloppy on their part. The game looks great and I am sure this rush if sales will be equally met with people seeking out the game in time. It is refreshingly different.

#2627 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I played GNR a few times at my distro and thought it was pretty damn cool. Then Halloween got announced.
I want to love Halloween…I really do. Just have my concerns…

Then sell your spot and move on to the next hype thread. This game will be for sale if you change your mind again.

#2628 2 years ago

NightMutilator did mention multiple times on his stream that he agreed the animations were too long and he would be fixing that, so I sure the animations will improve. As for seeing much more of the movie (longer clips with audio), If Spooky could have done that based on the licensing agreement, they would have. Realistically, I don't see that changing much.

#2629 2 years ago

He came home!
Haven't had much time on it but seems great and have no doubt will only get better! Love me some Spooky games.
PXL_20210919_124020536 (resized).jpgPXL_20210919_124020536 (resized).jpg

#2630 2 years ago

It’s been said they are trying to get much more content, the more the merrier!

#2631 2 years ago

This is what I’m thinking as well. I don’t think it’s an issue of they won’t but I’m wondering if they cant.

Quoted from arzoo:

If Spooky could have done that based on the licensing agreement, they would have. Realistically, I don't see that changing much.

Lot of people saying they will deliver no doubt - I hope so - but what happens if they don’t/cant.

#2632 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

This is what I’m thinking as well. I don’t think it’s an issue of they won’t but I’m wondering if they cant.

Lot of people saying they will deliver no doubt - I hope so - but what happens if they don’t/cant.

Then they will not be trusted on pre orders going forward and the people who bought in will be left wanting.

#2633 2 years ago

Why are people so up in arms about code that is still so early? It's been stated they have more movie clips that will be implemented.

#2634 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Why are people so up in arms about code that is still so early? It's been stated they have more movie clips that will be implemented.

I think the fact that we already see some of the popular actors, like Jamie Lee Curtis, in the some of the video assets as well as included in the voice calls as very promising. . .

#2635 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

He came home!
Haven't had much time on it but seems great and have no doubt will only get better! Love me some Spooky games.
[quoted image]

Major congrats!!! That Pic makes my Pinday.....think I'll just go watch football while doing some minor maintenance stuff in the gameroom...nothing gonna top this in the threads today for me....

Healthy envy here....enjoy!!!

#2636 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

He came home!
[quoted image]

It looks like Spooky still did not address the “allowee” on the topper..

#2637 2 years ago

I think it will be ok, people are getting nervous or think they are missing out on something else and jumping ship.
It’s still the same game and getting better.

#2638 2 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

I think he got his game before the change was made.

#2639 2 years ago

If I were Spooky I’d bring this thread to the licensor and have them read key posts about people upset over lack of assets. I’m not sure why they don’t want clips running while the ball is in play but I think they don’t understand what we want and why we pay so much for a licensed pin. They’ve got to loosen the straps on this. Chill out Compass Int’l…give us what we want! Open the f’n jelly jar and let out all that sweet juice…ya’ dummies!!!

#2640 2 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

It also does NOT have the final shooter handle. . . which are not finished yet and promised to be delivered ASAP. . .

We just got game Halloween (Collectors Edition) 14 last week and pretty much knew from the beginning to expect a game to "bug squash" just as advertised. . .

#2641 2 years ago

Oh and all the complaints about the included bad ass topper missing a few lights on the end, you don't get an included topper with Godzilla to complain about while you're forking out $1500 more for the LE.

#2642 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Spooky set up a system in such a way that the only option was to join a club and buy the game the day it was available based of very small amount of actual footage and offer no ability to cancel. I realize some distributors had (perhaps till have) games after day 1, but there was no way to know that. Spooky drove FOMO themselves on Halloween and the only option to get out now that more about the game is known is to sell your spot. Stern streamed Godzilla day of announcement with games just about ready to ship. It took weeks to get a real feel for what Halloween would be.

#2643 2 years ago

Instead of the Hype thread this should be called the FUD thread.

#2644 2 years ago
Quoted from Porkfritter:

It also does NOT have the final shooter handle. . . which are not finished yet and promised to be delivered ASAP. . .
We just got game Halloween (Collectors Edition) 14 last week and pretty much knew from the beginning to expect a game to "bug squash" just as advertised. . .

Thnx. CE 926 here long wait for me. I’m 100 percent confident Spooky will have everything fine tuned by the time I receive mine. On a side note Sterns GZ looks pretty cool and I would not mind it parked next to my Imdn..

#2645 2 years ago

I'm still a little surprised that the license holder authorized a Halloween pin. For many years they protected this property like crazy and went after anyone trying to use the name, images or likenesses. For a while they were shutting down eBay auctions of those selling unlicensed, custom Myers masks. And judging from what Spooky says they are Still very protective of the property. Maybe some new blood came in and saw the money to be made. Anyways, hopefully Spooky will chime in and address some of our most recent concerns.

#2646 2 years ago

I really hope they fix the multiball not fully lighting up, just looks very unpolished for such an expensive machine. I watched a lot of the twitch stream and didn’t come away super impressed with the overall package in its current state - it honestly just looked really clunky to me. Hope I’m wrong, the theme is killer.

#2647 2 years ago

Because games are going out the door. It’s not like we are watching prototypes in Benton. These are on location production machines with not even 25% of the clips in it and animations are incomplete.

Quoted from manadams:

#2648 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Because games are going out the door. It’s not like we are watching prototypes in Benton. These are on location production machines with not even 25% of the clips in it and animations are incomplete.

Games with other manufacturers have gone out the door with code way less complete or desirable and they are not boutique companies either like Spooky. If it was six months in and movie clips or animations were lacking still then I could see a valid reason to complain but has it even been a month yet?

#2649 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Games with other manufacturers have gone out the door with code way less complete or desirable and they are not boutique companies either like Spooky. If it was six months in and movie clips or animations were lacking still then I could see a valid reason to complain but has it even been a month yet?

Exactly. Have we all forgotten B66?

#2650 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Exactly. Have we all forgotten B66?

Or the walking dud... lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
There are 4,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/53?hl=nazz26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.