(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 82.
#2551 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

K man is ok in small doses, but he is a bit of a price pumper. He has been down on Halloween from the beginning. Since he bought into Ultraman, he's become like those guys in the UM threads who can't help but to keep repeating how they are so awesome for buying a cool theme like UM instead of a stupid theme like Halloween. The chances of him now giving Halloween a glowing review were slim to none no matter what.

This is the same guy pumping raza.

#2552 2 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Where is this "review"

Not worth any bandwidth.....best thing Robin ever did was to ban him, as have other forums.

Weird, weird people in this hobby that can literally make you regret even trying to do something to better it if you read or put salt into some of the pure shit that is spewed at times.

Tune out the noise ( can be very hard at times) and appreciate the passion you bring to this game.

" no good deed goes unpunished" as they say...never more true than his trash or what some bring in this place. Looking forward to having this machine big time!!!

Setup looks great!!

#2553 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Not worth any bandwidth.....best thing Robin ever did was to ban him, as have other forums.
Weird, weird people in this hobby that can literally make you regret even trying to do something to better it if you read or put salt into some of the pure shit that is spewed at times.
Tune out the noise ( can be very hard at times) and appreciate the passion you bring to this game.
" no good deed goes unpunished" as they say...never more true than his trash or what some bring in this place. Looking forward to having this machine big time!!!
Setup looks great!!

I appreciate the kind words! Working on so many things over the years that were critiqued gave me some crazy thick crocodile skin, but I just want to knock this one out of the park for everyone who loves Halloween more than anything right now. It's a tall order for sure, and probably an impossible feat, but I still strive for it! Some reviewers just use some really harsh words before thinking things through and I respect that. It's their opinion, and any opinion is valid.

#2554 2 years ago
Quoted from Aqua1122:

I think I have to agree. This should have been caught.
[quoted image]

Agree 100% - I’m sure they’ll address it down the line

#2555 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

K man is ok in small doses, but he is a bit of a price pumper. He has been down on Halloween from the beginning. Since he bought into Ultraman, he's become like those guys in the UM threads who can't help but to keep repeating how they are so awesome for buying a cool theme like UM instead of a stupid theme like Halloween. The chances of him now giving Halloween a glowing review were slim to none no matter what.

Yep, no chance Halloween was EVER going to get anything good coming from his mouth, after his FOMO act was all Ultraman. Decide for yourselves, don't let someone else steer you on what to buy. I can't wait for Halloween #312 to make it to my house!

#2556 2 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

any opinion is valid

Nah, there are definitely some people who's opinions on anything should be ignored.

#2557 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Nah, there are definitely some people who's opinions on anything should be ignored.

Read my freakin mind!!!

#2558 2 years ago
Quoted from Aqua1122:

I think I have to agree. This should have been caught.
[quoted image]

Wow that looks really bad. We are #68, so our playfield is likely already printed and cleared.

SpookyLuke or SpookyCharlie care to chime in? Is this going to appear this way for all production? Is it a feature that the entirety of the insert is not lit and somehow indicates progression of hedge multiball?

#2559 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Fortunately, everyone can have their own opinion.
And best thing in this case, yours means absolutely nothing to me ( and many, many others).
Spooky is impressing me and what I've seen so far looks pretty awesome. My opinion.
( apologies to Spooky for chiming in w another poster about HW Alien relative attributes in this thread....nonsense follows every time)

You can continue kissing up to Spooky all day - I could care less. Your opinion is meaningless, like background noise.

It's when you put down others for critiquing the game (topper for example - telling people to stop asking and talking about it) or say something outlandish about the new Alien pinball (b/c you're jealous) on a thread about Halloween! That's when I'll put you in your place - every single time.

In case that wasn't clear, now it is. Carry on.

#2560 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

You can continue kissing up to Spooky all day - I could care less. Your opinion is meaningless, like background noise.
It's when you put down others for critiquing the game (topper for example - telling people to stop asking and talking about it) or say something outlandish about the new Alien pinball (b/c you're jealous) on a thread about Halloween! That's when I'll put you in your place - every single time.

I checked in on the new Alien thread for the first time since I sold my original version. It seems like they are having a lot of the same technical issues out of the box that plagued my machine--flippers randomly dying mid-game, Xeno pickup issues, code bugs. I'd still consider getting one since I enjoyed the modes and ambience, but then I remember the frustration that led me to sell it and I just don't miss it that much. I'll let someone else put one on location and play it that way.

#2561 2 years ago

Hey guys. That's a bunch of stuff to unpack.

The code on the game is actually alot farther along than the version on the game kaneda played. That's on us we will put out an update right away. As far as the review all we can do is our best job and hope people enjoy our stuff. We are certainly looking to do the absolute best. This whole company has always been a journey and I don't think anyone would say we haven't continued to improve! If this one isn't for you that's OK and we will be doing our best to win you over in the future!

There are 19 movie clips approved in the game however most of at the beginning or end of a mode so unless you work your way through many of the 10+ modes you won't see them. We have some cool plans for this we will be working on in the month of October to make sure variety of clips and modes more accessible.

In general I would just say we are working on this stuff every day and everything takes time. We have a year of code ahead.

As far as some of the other requests we added LEDs to the topper this week. I will absolutely fix whatever I can. No worries guys.

I will also say on a positive note that build quality has been really solid so far and we will be looking to maintain that. All pinball has issues but we have been feeling really good about the games rolling off the line. I believe we completed game 70 this week.

Thanks for the kind words everybody and hope to see you getting your hands on the game soon!

#2562 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

The code on the game is actually alot farther along than the version on the game kaneda played. That's on us we will put out an update right away. As far as the review all we can do is our best job and hope people enjoy our stuff. We are certainly looking to do the absolute best. This whole company has always been a journey and I don't think anyone would say we haven't continued to improve! If this one isn't for you that's OK and we will be doing our best to win you over in the future!
There are 19 movie clips approved in the game however most of at the beginning or end of a mode so unless you work your way through many of the 10+ modes you won't see them. We have some cool plans for this we will be working on in the month of October to make sure variety of clips and modes more accessible.
In general I would just say we are working on this stuff every day and everything takes time. We have a year of code ahead.
As far as some of the other requests we added LEDs to the topper this week. I will absolutely fix whatever I can. No worries guys.

Thanks for the update. This is the type of direct info that we are dying for. Any updates on production? How many have shipped?

#2563 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Some of your best stuff to date......

" my place" is what it is, but you have nothing to do with it, along with your "clear" purpose in this hobby.

You just don't get it...never will....people are different....I tolerate you w an occasional jab ...after that there's nothing more to discuss.

Convincing you to change your Avatar from a Doughboy for me to keep trying to help you w early Alien issues apparently gave you superpowers? Not so much.

How about this just stopping? You can have the last word, but easy on the insults and personal attacks...I'm in this thread for Halloween and Spooky...

#2564 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I will also say on a positive note that build quality has been really solid so far and we will be looking to maintain that. All pinball has issues but we have been feeling really good about the games rolling off the line. I believe we completed game 70 this week.
Thanks for the kind words everybody and hope to see you getting your hands on the game soon!

Boom!!

#2565 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Thanks for the update. This is the type of direct info that we are dying for. Any updates on production? How many have shipped?

I don't have an exact figure on shipped but I know a pile are boxed up ready to go on a truck. We have made 70 games total between halloween and ultraman. We did 5 per day every day for the last 2 weeks and are going to do 6 per day this week. This will fluctuate up and down I'm sure with the occasional parts backorder or whatever comes up throughout the build. However we will steadily increase throughout. Overall like I said I believe the build is our best quality yet and that's pretty exciting! Our best layout to date and the smoothest shooter. It's also our most stable code to date with no resets and slim to no bugs. Those are 3 pretty good things right there! Now we look to keep making the code better and we can all obviously see how passionate the night mutilator is about making the best animations.

#2566 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

This! This is awesome. This is the kind of post in the face of a litany of complaints that led me to buy a P3 a while back, and which later led me to buy my first Spooky! Glad to hear there’s updates and glad to hear you guys continue to kill it (see what I did there?). I’m a loooooong way off from getting my game but I’m glad to be on board

#2567 2 years ago

Thank you for the note I love you guys are in here!

Do the clips have the actors speaking? Are you able to say? Will they be longer than a few seconds per clip? Thanks!

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

#2568 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Some of your best stuff to date......
" my place" is what it is, but you have nothing to do with it, along with your "clear" purpose in this hobby.
You just don't get it...never will....people are different....I tolerate you w an occasional jab ...after that there's nothing more to discuss.
Convincing you to change your Avatar from a Doughboy for me to keep trying to help you w early Alien issues apparently gave you superpowers? Not so much.
How about this just stopping? You can have the last word, but easy on the insults and personal attacks...I'm in this thread for Halloween and Spooky...

Well, we’re both in this thread for Halloween - we can agree on that!

#2569 2 years ago

Thanks for the updates @SpookyLuke. It's a beautiful evening in southern Wisconsin. I might suggest a drink, fire, and Brewers game.

20210917_214852 (resized).jpg20210917_214852 (resized).jpg

#2570 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Could you please elaborate on the following image? Visually, it is rather jarring. Thanks!

Screenshot_20210917-205826__01.jpgScreenshot_20210917-205826__01.jpg
#2571 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Do the clips have the actors speaking? Are you able to say? Will they be longer than a few seconds per clip? Thanks!

They range from roughly 3 to 6 seconds I believe. With that said we are ABSOLUTELY GOING TO REQUEST MORE. We want to put the most content possible in the game just as much as you guys want to see it.

#2572 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:[quoted image]

I didn't get this, at first...

#2573 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Thanks for the updates SpookyLuke. It's a beautiful evening in southern Wisconsin. I might suggest a drink, fire, and Brewers game.
[quoted image]

+1 on the fire!!!

#2574 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

This and the following post are exactly why I need spooky in my life .I’ve been really relaxed with this purchase .I admire the whole story from its roots to this .The thing everyone needs to remember is this pin was a huge leap for them .Podcasters we’re like “Halloween?” and we were like “yeah ….Fing Halloween!” I looked back in my posts over a year ago I was screaming I need a “shit your pants “ horror pin and then this happened .Besides the absolute beauty in this pin ,theres a bunch of shots ,crazy light show ,”more flow than the mighty Mississippi river “ and most importantly a team that won’t quit until it’s everything it can be .My advice is relax and let it all come to you .Nothing wrong with how people are expressing they’re concerns but just remember this team is here listening and responding and that’s worth its weight in Gold

#2575 2 years ago

Lee Brackett’s perfect sideburns better be shown on that beautiful LCD screen! Haha

#2576 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I didn't get this, at first...

No worries. It is “Deep like the mind of Minolta..."

#2577 2 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

No worries. It is “Deep like the mind of Minolta..."

That, and the insert was shown with a wrong sized font, which then made your post make sense!

#2578 2 years ago

Great thank you for the insight looking forward to seeing what you can get done!

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

They range from roughly 3 to 6 seconds I believe. With that said we are ABSOLUTELY GOING TO REQUEST MORE. We want to put the most content possible in the game just as much as you guys want to see it.

#2579 2 years ago

So many Halloween games up for sale, thinking about moving up to the CE?

#2580 2 years ago

I really appreciate Luke's attitude and devotion to this title. His wiliness to make this game even better and try and improve things speaks volumes. Getting feedback, making tweaks and implementing improvements is all part of a successful outfit. Tons of respect for team Spooky-keep up the good work!

(BTW-my Stern Led Zeppelin has a song cut-off for illumination on backbox because it was not routered properly from factory-no biggie and stuff happens)

#2581 2 years ago

True on LZ - I own one and it was routed wrong. It happens…thankfully it’s in the back - not right in the middle of the playfield haha. Looks terrible. Oh well I’ll find out soon enough if it gets corrected on mine.
One question for spooky games -do they also have the option to put more than 3 letters on the high score? My Stern games give me the option. Gotta make sure “HOTSAUCE” is plastered all over the leaderboards to make my buddies jealous.

#2582 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

True on LZ - I own one and it was routed wrong. It happens…thankfully it’s in the back - not right in the middle of the playfield haha. Looks terrible. Oh well I’ll find out soon enough if it gets corrected on mine.
One question for spooky games -do they also have they option to put more than 3 letters on the high score? My Stern games give me the option. Gotta make sure “HOTSAUCE” is plastered all over the leaderboards to make my buddies jealous.

Yup, your hotsauce is safe.

#2583 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

I can answer that fr

Quoted from John-Floyd:

One question for spooky games -do they also have they option to put more than 3 letters on the high score? My Stern games give me the option. Gotta make sure “HOTSAUCE” is plastered all over the leaderboards to make my buddies jealous.

Yes. You can put a very long name in high scores.

#2584 2 years ago

Thanks guys. Overall liking what I’ve seen so far. Game looks great and will only get better as we go. Nice to know they are at #70 and things are progressing well on the line. I’m expecting my call next week for butter or no butter.
And thank you to the spooky team for chiming in every so often - that goes a long way in my book. Keep up the great work.

#2585 2 years ago

When I have a new game on order and arriving soon, I always try and think of ways I can mod it. I have not thought of anything I really want to add to this game? It really is loaded, and when I saw it in person I thought-they even already have the perfect flipper topper stickers that tie in with playfield art-stunning. The Backalley sculpted props are perfect! The only thing I can think of adding as of now is a set of orange superbands and an under cabinet color changing red/orange/yellow special effect light?

This game is already a masterpiece and does not need much

#2586 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Thanks guys. Overall liking what I’ve seen so far. Game looks great and will only get better as we go. Nice to know they are at #70 and things are progressing well on the line. I’m expecting my call next week for butter or no butter.
And thank you to the spooky team for chiming in every so often - that goes a long way in my book. Keep up the great work.

Keep in mind 70 units is split between both models.
Sounds like approx 50 Halloween and 20 Ultraman.
I would guess you will get the email next week at #78. Following week at the latest.

#2587 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Thanks for the updates SpookyLuke. It's a beautiful evening in southern Wisconsin. I might suggest a drink, fire, and Brewers game.
[quoted image]

Too funny.
When i looked at this on my phone it looked like some sort of hibachi in your kitchen.
Easier to see you are outdoors on my laptop.

#2588 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

When I have a new game on order and arriving soon, I always try and think of ways I can mod it. I have not thought of anything I really want to add to this game? It really is loaded, and when I saw it in person I thought-they even already have the perfect flipper topper stickers that tie in with playfield art-stunning. The Backalley sculpted props are perfect! The only thing I can think of adding as of now is a set of orange superbands and an under cabinet color changing red/orange/yellow special effect light?

I think the modders will come up with something for the balcony area, I know Medisinyl is waiting for his game to start working on them. Looks great from factory tho for sure

#2589 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I would guess you will get the email next week at #78. Following week at the latest.

Yeah somewhere around there. The anticipation puts me in a good mood knowing it’s relatively soon. The original Halloween film might as well be part of my DNA so this is the perfect theme for me.

#2590 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I did the same calculation and ... and at 5 m/c a week I have reason to hope HW by late October! No matter what, I'm looking forward to living (hopefully not just slashing) with this game! Real impressive to have Spooky on thread and providing updates. Manufacturing schedules always vary from plan but it's looking good!

#2591 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think the modders will come up with something for the balcony area, I know Medisinyl is waiting for his game to start working on them. Looks great from factory tho for sure

I see a couple spots open for something - perhaps a small figurine in the middle and maybe something could go over the clear plastic cover at the top. Also an open space in the upper left corner but I’m not one to overcrowd a machine.
8F16FFDD-025C-47D7-B1B6-258C9576CE54 (resized).jpeg8F16FFDD-025C-47D7-B1B6-258C9576CE54 (resized).jpeg

#2592 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I see a couple spots open for something - perhaps a small figurine in the middle and maybe something could go over the clear plastic cover at the top. Also an open space in the upper left corner but I’m not one to overcrowd a machine.
[quoted image]

I wish there was a sculpt or figure of Jamie Lee holding a pumpkin, sitting on the pillar waiting for Annie to pick her up. I think that would look super cool in that lower circle in your pic.

#2593 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I'm #52, and still no call word yet.

#2594 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Thank you Luke bc the 19 clips are perfectly fine if they are longer in length like your asking for. It's such a shame that that the licensor is holding back y'alls creativity bc we all know without a doubt nobody could do this theme better.please listen to the spooky guys bc they know what's best.

#2595 2 years ago

Was only a matter of time before Kaneda tried to pick apart the one in order to pump up the price of the other to facilitate his Flip. Guy is pathetic.

#2596 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Was only a matter of time before Kaneda tried to pick apart the one in order to pump up the price of the other to facilitate his Flip. Guy is pathetic.

Never listened or watched him before, you can see he wants to come across as laid back don’t give a fuck kind of guy. Some of the stuff he was coming out with was hilarious even my wife who could hear dissed him, hope he gets his million dollar property in New York

#2597 2 years ago

I didn’t see this posted yet - but NightMutilator the animator did a stream on twitch here. Good insight

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1151930997

I’m glad he mentioned the animations stay in the screen too long cause I agree. I like the animations themselves but because they are “simple” they can come off repetitive. Especially as he said if you are getting the same modes a lot. I am in the camp of more clips.. but not to limit the animations but to pull more if the movie in to the experience.

I’m still not sure the question has been answered if we are going to hear actor voices in the clips?

#2598 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Agreed.

Maybe a playfield protector is all I might get at this point. But that upper part that the ball goes over that bridge could use work.

#2599 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I wonder if a Game of Thrones premium/LE style facade covering is possible like how that game has upgraded castle walls for the upper playfield.

#2600 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

like those guys in the UM threads who can't help but to keep repeating how they are so awesome for buying a cool theme like UM instead of a stupid theme like Halloween.

What, the ONE F'ING GUY? You're just throwing fuel on their fire with shit like this... there has been so few posts similar to what you're describing that I can't even easily remember them to quote them...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 49.99
$ 210.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/52?hl=quadrider and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.