(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 82.
#2451 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Wow ok. so they are still not shipping games yet just the 1st 50 still. I'm #159 and feel like the chance I was gonna get it by Halloween is all but gone now

You will definitely have it by Halloween.....the question is which year.

#2452 2 years ago

#14 just got shipping email today

#2453 2 years ago

Wow ok. so they are still not shipping games yet just the 1st 50 still. I'm #159 and feel like the chance I was gonna get it by Halloween is all but gone now

Keep in mind they would also build for those involved with the licensing, the project, etc first before moving to the public builds. If they work 4 days / week and are outputting 5 machines /day right now, yeah yours is probably not out until November or later.

#2454 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

#14 just got shipping email today

16 for UM. I'm guessing they are currently building the early-mid 40's this week. Glad they are taking their time and making quality games.

#2455 2 years ago

You may yet be surprised. I think your game would still be on track for mid-late Oct.
Good luck.

#2456 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

You may yet be surprised. I think your game would still be on track for mid-late Oct.
Good luck.

Man that would make me soo happy

#2457 2 years ago

Even If they’re doing the minimum 30 a week from here on I would think your 100% before halloween .

#2458 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Even If they’re doing the minimum 30 a week from here on I would think your 100% before halloween .

Is that the average production rate? About 6 per day?

#2459 2 years ago

5 machines per day - 4 days a week is the last I heard.

#2460 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

5 machines per day - 4 days a week is the last I heard.

So that means I should get mine in about... a year! LOL

#2461 2 years ago

Not to be a naysayer, but realistically someone mentioned they were in the low 50s and hasn't been contacted yet, and they had said contact would be 3 weeks from going on the line I believe. So probably unlikely you'll get it by Halloween.

My number is 79 and I was initially thinking I'd have it late September, but now I figure I'll be lucky to get it by Halloween. I'm not complaining I'd rather they tweak and playetest it a bit more. I love my ACNC but it's pretty rough around the edges

#2462 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Not to be a naysayer, but realistically someone mentioned they were in the low 50s and hasn't been contacted yet, and they had said contact would be 3 weeks from going on the line I believe. So probably unlikely you'll get it by Halloween.
My number is 79 and I was initially thinking I'd have it late September, but now I figure I'll be lucky to get it by Halloween. I'm not complaining I'd rather they tweak and playetest it a bit more. I love my ACNC but it's pretty rough around the edges

I'm one ahead of ya at 78. If things progress as planned - We'll have ours in 4-5 weeks or so.

#2463 2 years ago

So can somebody explain to me the "3 upper playfields (2 playable)" thing? Shouldn't a playfield be 'playable' to be *a playfield* ? Does the ball even roll on it? I'm just not understanding what they mean by that.

Also, what's the "invisi-magnet lock" (I saw it on the trailer but don't have it at hand) ? that sounds very cool

#2464 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

16 for UM. I'm guessing they are currently building the early-mid 40's this week. Glad they are taking their time and making quality games.

#16 UM (Me)has heard nothing about his game. I was hoping to get the call this week.

#2465 2 years ago

Arrived safely

835EE504-BD90-4F6A-A86F-F87FC21FEEF8 (resized).jpeg835EE504-BD90-4F6A-A86F-F87FC21FEEF8 (resized).jpeg
#2466 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Arrived safely
[quoted image]

What's your number?
(nice Congo)

#2467 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Arrived safely
[quoted image]

Are they not putting the knife handle plungers on them yet?

#2468 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Are they not putting the knife handle plungers on them yet?

Supply shortage I think. Best to get the game out there and send small items later than to delay the whole game.

#2469 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

So can somebody explain to me the "3 upper playfields (2 playable)" thing? Shouldn't a playfield be 'playable' to be *a playfield* ? Does the ball even roll on it? I'm just not understanding what they mean by that.
Also, what's the "invisi-magnet lock" (I saw it on the trailer but don't have it at hand) ? that sounds very cool

It's really only 2 upper playfields and a 3rd level where the ball travels to the exit ramp. The 3rd level isn't playable, so it shouldn't be classed as a playfield.

The 'invisi-magnet lock', is a magnet that holds the ball on the upper left ramp for a few seconds, before the ramp is pulled down to release the ball. Quite a clever mech, which allows time to add some extra effects if needed.

#2470 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I'm one ahead of ya at 78. If things progress as planned - We'll have ours in 4-5 weeks or so.

You have to also factor in Ultraman games being built in there.

#2471 2 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

What's your number?
(nice Congo)

#2472 2 years ago

Just an observation (or two) as a Spooky NIB buyer the last few releases. A bunch of the first 100 guys will drive themselves nuts by trying to predict when their game will land. The next chunk will be obsessed with code and patting each other on the back for waiting until “the kinks were ironed out” before they got their games. Group 3 (always me) will always be following groups 1 and 2 in the club threads and be stunned when their number is called because Spooky is a well oiled machine cranking out the last 80% of the games. Then we all high five/clink glasses with each other and Spooky because the game is killer.

#2473 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Just an observation (or two) as a Spooky NIB buyer the last few releases. A bunch of the first 100 guys will drive themselves nuts by trying to predict when their game will land. The next chunk will be obsessed with code and patting each other on the back for waiting until “the kinks were ironed out” before they got their games. Group 3 (always me) will always be following groups 1 and 2 in the club threads and be stunned when their number is called because Spooky is a well oiled machine cranking out the last 80% of the games. Then we all high five/clink glasses with each other and Spooky because the game is killer.

and then break their web store the morning of the next release when they sell out. I'm happy with this cycle, they must be over the moon.

#2474 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

It's really only 2 upper playfields and a 3rd level where the ball travels to the exit ramp. The 3rd level isn't playable, so it shouldn't be classed as a playfield.
The 'invisi-magnet lock', is a magnet that holds the ball on the upper left ramp for a few seconds, before the ramp is pulled down to release the ball. Quite a clever mech, which allows time to add some extra effects if needed.

Thank you! I’ll look for that in the video again

#2475 2 years ago

Just had the call #18 will soon be on a ship bound for the UK

#2476 2 years ago
Quoted from jrawlinson_2000:

Just had the call #18 will soon be on a ship bound for the UK

Happy Halloween hopefully!

#2477 2 years ago

Hey guys we were able to hit our mark of 5 per day! Will bump that up as soon as possible. Boxed up a ton of games to be shipped this week and have another 20 just waiting to go in boxes. Should be pretty consistent sailing now. I'm sure a a parts issue here or there will pop up but we are looking solid right now. Excited for you to start cracking them open! Shooter rods were on backorder but we go a bunch this week so they will start going in games and anyone who didn't get one will get it in the mail. Didn't think anyone would want us to hold their game back over a shooter rod!

#2478 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys we were able to hit our mark of 5 per day! Will bump that up as soon as possible. Boxed up a ton of games to be shipped this week and have another 20 just waiting to go in boxes. Should be pretty consistent sailing now. I'm sure a a parts issue here or there will pop up but we are looking solid right now. Excited for you to start cracking them open! Shooter rods were on backorder but we go a bunch this week so they will start going in games and anyone who didn't get one will get it in the mail. Didn't think anyone would want us to hold their game back over a shooter rod!

Great news! At #80, Halloween (the holiday) should be pretty awesome this year.

#2479 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Awesome news. My guesstimate tells me my UMCE #16 will be built next week. Can't wait to get the phone call. Thanks for keeping us updated SpookyLuke

#2480 2 years ago

So I've had the new power supply Spooky is using apart to see what's doing for the cooling fan in it. Bad news/good news/good news situation.

Bad news is the fan in this new power supply (another NMB) is rated at 45dB and uses 0.58A. 45dB is about 3x louder than the one in Rick and Morty. LOUD with pretty high CFM.

Good news is the fan is on a thermal switch and seems to almost never come on, and when it does, it blows so hard the power supply is quickly cooled and it shuts off again.

Good news is the existing Spooky/Multimorphic fan I have in the pinmonk store will work as a quieter replacement, but honestly, I do not believe it's necessary to mess with this new power supply Spooky is using. Yes, the fan is actually louder, but the power supply seems to not need much active cooling and when it does, the fan's on and off pretty quickly. While playing the game, you may not even hear it if it DOES come on, and the power supply seems to not need cooling in attract mode, at least in Halloween.

We'll see how it performs as Halloween/Ultraman gets in more locations with different ambient temperatures, but my personal recommendation as of right now for the new Meanwell HRP-600-48 power supplies Spooky is using in Halloween/Ultraman? Leave them alone. Changing the power supply fan doesn't seem to be necessary for this one like it absolutely was on all the prior Spooky pins with the Meanwell SE-600-48 that didn't have a thermal switch.

#2481 2 years ago

Want to share with all great addition to the game room. They just got stocked at Party City here: https://www.partycity.com/animated-michael-myers-standing-decoration-6.6ft---halloween-ii-922847.html?fromplp=true

The arm moves when sound triggers it with some heavy breathing sounds, pretty cool! Will be fun hanging out with him when Halloween pin comes in.

20210910_163113 (resized).jpg20210910_163113 (resized).jpg
#2482 2 years ago

Just had a 5 ball multiball. The way they spaced the balls being autoplunged and the risers makes it much more manageable. Still a crazy-fest though. This is such an addicting game. Still haven’t broke 30 million, but close.

#2483 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBallinOnBudge:

Want to share with all great addition to the game room. They just got stocked at Party City here: https://www.partycity.com/animated-michael-myers-standing-decoration-6.6ft---halloween-ii-922847.html?fromplp=true
The arm moves when sound triggers it with some heavy breathing sounds, pretty cool! Will be fun hanging out with him when Halloween pin comes in.[quoted image]

Very cool man! I hope to get my Iron Maiden soon! Cool Michael Myers too!!!!

#2484 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

and then break their web store the morning of the next release when they sell out. I'm happy with this cycle, they must be over the moon.

I would think they are. They’ve got a pretty cool thing going on up there. I want all these manufacturers to do well, but I do root for Spooky a little bit harder.

#2485 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Whoa....appears Santa is going to be quite nice to me this year!!!

Great update and thanks!!!

#2486 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Whoa....appears Santa is going to be quite nice to me this year!!!
Great update and thanks!!!

Just make sure you leave him some cookies...

michaelxmas (resized).jpgmichaelxmas (resized).jpg
#2487 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Just make sure you leave him some cookies...
[quoted image]

Count on it, lol!!!

( the whole thing is actually starting to creep me out a little in truth)

#2488 2 years ago

Is there a owners Halloween club thread yet?

#2489 2 years ago

I don’t think so but it seems like it is time for dnapac to do the honors…

Quoted from adamross:

Is there a owners Halloween club thread yet?

#2490 2 years ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

I don’t think so but it seems like it is time for dnapac to do the honors…

It is time…He’s coming home.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-clubhes-coming-home-#post-6492096

#2491 2 years ago

I put the owners thread in the wrong spot…here’s the real owners thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-owners-threadhes-coming-home#post-6492335

#2492 2 years ago

So we can expect 13-15 Halloween’s a week in the short term given the 2 Halloween:Ultraman split. I’m sure that the timing will be off considering they’re making them in lots, but at least it starts to shape up a “timeline” when you can extrapolate it.

#2493 2 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

So we can expect 13-15 Halloween’s a week in the short term given the two Halloween:Ultraman split. I’m sure that the timing will be off considering they’re making them in lots, but at least it starts to shape up a “timeline” when you can extrapolate it.

#2494 2 years ago

Michael Myers lives...arrested waiting for TS Nicholas in Galveston

https://twitter.com/MycahABC13/status/1437545252689227778

michael galveston (resized).jpgmichael galveston (resized).jpg
#2495 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Michael Myers lives...arrested waiting for TS Nicholas in Galveston
https://twitter.com/MycahABC13/status/1437545252689227778[quoted image]

LOL, amazing.

#2496 2 years ago

and as Paul Harvey would say....And Now For The Rest Of The Story.
Michael Myers in Galveston, take a look at the video

https://abc13.com/halloween-michael-myers-tropical-storm-nicholas-galveston-beach-costume/11018578/

michael galveston 2 (resized).jpgmichael galveston 2 (resized).jpg
#2497 2 years ago

I am kind of surprised I have not received an invoice yet being number 61 at the rate they say they are building them..

#2498 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I am kind of surprised I have not received an invoice yet being number 61 at the rate they say they are building them..

Number 61 Halloween will be the 80 something game since Ultraman is mixed in. I believe they are still under the original 50. Last communication was 20 in boxes and 20 on the line, I think.

#2499 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Number 61 Halloween will be the 80 something game since Ultraman is mixed in. I believe they are still under the original 50. Last communication was 20 in boxes and 20 on the line, I think.

What is the lead time from invoice until built? If they are doing 20 per week that is a 3 week lead time. Do they invoice days before it being built? I thought the invoice 3 weeks before game is done.

#2500 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

What is the lead time from invoice until built? If they are doing 20 per week that is a 3 week lead time. Do they invoice days before it being built? I thought the invoice 3 weeks before game is done.

It said invoice 3 weeks from it being on the line in one of the initial preorder mails.

I would have expected an invoice by now for my #79. I just got in on a Godzilla premium also that is supposedly going to be in the initial October batch. I suppose it's possible I'll get that before Hallwoeen.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/50?hl=paulbaptise and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.