(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 82.
#151 2 years ago

Collider did a great job covering this title. STEVE WEINTRAUB knows pinball.

https://collider.com/halloween-pinball-price-specs-images-john-carpenter-jason-edmiston/

#152 2 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

Ordered my CE. Had to sell my ETH for it, so surely it's gonna explode this week. You are welcome, crypto investors.

How did you order your CE already? Sales for Ultraween aren’t open yet.

Unless you’re talking a different title?

#153 2 years ago

Looks like you can get a custom MM with YOUR head. Not sure if this works for a mod but would be funny to see

https://www.blackkingskull.com/

3ECA4DD1-5D90-411E-8EBD-99195E3948C9 (resized).jpeg3ECA4DD1-5D90-411E-8EBD-99195E3948C9 (resized).jpeg
#154 2 years ago

I'm in for a CE. My wife loves this pin because Halloween is her favorite holiday.

#155 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

How did you order your CE already? Sales for Ultraween aren’t open yet.
Unless you’re talking a different title?

Europe, we have the privilege to order early through a distro (and also to pay much more, yay!)

#156 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

Looks like you can get a custom MM with YOUR head.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"be30d2d9753bf1368896f49fcd4f45dd1e8dcbfa-1625621671-1800"};
//]]>

Not sure if this works for a mod but would be funny to see
https://www.blackkingskull.com/[quoted image]

Awesome!

#157 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Feedback please. All preference I know, but do spooky owners like their pins as much as stern they own? I was gonna get Mando but love Halloween theme as well. Just not sure what to do and I need to decide by tomorrow lol

I think Spooky does a great job on art, music, style, and theme execution. Game play-wise they don't shoot as smooth as Sterns and often have more bugs and breakdowns, which is probably an artifact of less experienced coders and designers. Hard to beat Stern in that department. Spooky playfield quality is top notch. They offer a good alternative to Stern if you want to try something different. I enjoy their pins. It's all subjective. If you like the theme give them a shot.

#158 2 years ago

Man I truly love the theme. My favorite director of all time, big horror fan, etc. I kind of have to try to get one!

#159 2 years ago

T minus 12 hours! F5 F5 F5.

#160 2 years ago

I will be in a really good mood tomorrow AFTER I receive a confirmation email!

#161 2 years ago

Hopefully tomorrow when we pre-order purchase from Spooky or our favorite distro's and get those lovely email confirmations, I would hope and think Spooky all their dealers are on board and we don't see a repeat of the JJP GNR CE fiasco. I have a feeling by noon they'll meet their numbers for both releases.

Now where were we......oh yes F5 F5 F5

#162 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I will be in a really good mood tomorrow AFTER I receive a confirmation email!

Lol, agreed!!

#163 2 years ago

Watching the film right now!

Getting into the pre order mode. I think I’m in for a ce but might just go for a standard. The layout looks awesome and the theme is great!

#164 2 years ago

Best wishes to all on Wednesday's ordering !

LTG : )

#165 2 years ago

No real game play shown other than the trailer release?

#166 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Doesn't look like it, said they were super busy and the official stream is dependent on when Deadflip can make it to a location that has one. The game or games are not even officially on sale to the public for a couple more weeks so most fang club members believe in them enough to secure one without waiting. Worst case scenario would be you put a deposit down and have to sell it to someone else because you didn't like the layout or other features of the game.

#167 2 years ago

This kid may have to change his shorts after watching the reveal lol...

#168 2 years ago

It’s hard to tell in the photos they showed, but does the Blood sucker version have the coin door powder coated to match the armor or is it just a flat black? Not a big deal, but their comparison chart says it’s powder coated, just can’t tell the color.

Also it’s too bad that the CE is the only edition with that big knife in the shooter lane. Hoping a mod company will make something similar for us non CE buyers.

#169 2 years ago

Last call for NZ orders ... you have till 10pm tonight to let me know what you want.

Dave.

79890DD2-CE05-4E3E-812F-B0630690AEDF.gif79890DD2-CE05-4E3E-812F-B0630690AEDF.gif
#170 2 years ago

Are there any advantages from buying from one of the Spooky dealers vs directly from Spooky?

#171 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Nope, one of the reasons I'm not buying it. Very unproffesional for a company not to create a stream of the product. They come off as being arrogant to customers that way.

#172 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Nope, one of the reasons I'm not buying it. Very unproffesional for a company not to create a stream of the product. They come off as being arrogant to customers that way.

Why don't you wait until the actual public on sale date in two weeks before crucifying them? If they do not have any footage by then, I could see the outrage. They gave an option for fans of their company to order early. That brings some level of risk with it, that most of us are comfortable with because of past experience and belief in the company.

#173 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I’m in the same boat. At the most basic of levels, extended video footage of ball movement would be nice. But Spooky has given nothing in terms of music integration, lighting, and call outs.

I’m not putting $7-$9k down with the “hope” that the game is a player, especially considering the direct design team is a collection of first timers. Perhaps they’ll pull off a miracle effort (and as a pinball fan, I’m hoping they do!), but aside from Fawzma coding, we don’t have much of a basis to make an educated guess.

Fawzma’s performance on Alice was rather uninspired... especially since he went AWOL in the communication department. Spooky dangled a promise of amazing polish on that game -for years - but communication really tapered to nothing.

I can wait. They’re making enough of these games that the secondhand market will be flush in years to come.

#174 2 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

It’s hard to tell in the photos they showed, but does the Blood sucker version have the coin door powder coated to match the armor or is it just a flat black? Not a big deal, but their comparison chart says it’s powder coated, just can’t tell the color.
Also it’s too bad that the CE is the only edition with that big knife in the shooter lane. Hoping a mod company will make something similar for us non CE buyers.

Charlie confirmed the apron and speaker panel are the same powder. From the bloodsucker specs it looks like the coin door is as well.

"Powder coated to match bill acceptor ready door (bill acceptor not included)"

#175 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Why don't you wait until the actual public on sale date in two weeks before crucifying them? If they do not have any footage by then, I could see the outrage. They gave an option for fans of their company to order early. That brings some level of risk with it, that most of us are comfortable with because of past experience and belief in the company.

Because the reality is that if you wait they will be gone. You know this and spooky knows this. The only way to get the game you want is to pay an extra $45 and buy the game blind. The “public launch” date is a complete farce at this point.

They are primarily selling a product using hype and clever marketing vs. the actual merits of the product. It’s working, but all it takes is one turd to lose all of our trust.

#176 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Because the reality is that if you wait they will be gone. You know this and spooky knows this. The only way to get the game you want is to pay an extra $45 and buy the game blind. The “public launch” date is a complete farce at this point.
They are primarily selling a product using hype and clever marketing vs. the actual merits of the product. It’s working, but all it takes is one turd to lose all of our trust.

Again, the fact that they will be gone to just Fang Club isn't really Spooky's fault. It is the FOMO this community thrives on. Anyone who knows anything about these guys knows it was never meant to be a malicious tactic. It was meant to be a perk for being a part of their club.

Besides, as 27dnast mentions above, they are making a pretty healthy run of these, so they will be available second hand fairly easily. There are a heck of a lot Stern games out there with less than 1250 units made, and none are really all that hard to find. For anyone having doubts, just wait. The games will be there.

#177 2 years ago

Ordering through PinballSTAR FAQ -

I am getting alot of the same questions so wanted to put them out here for everyone... All of us selling - Spooky Direct and other distributors all have our own systems for ordering... This below only applies to PinballSTAR.

1. You MUST be on our email blast list to get our 'READY TO ORDER' email. To get on our email list you must email us before say 8:30am CST this morning so we can add you. If you email after then we can't guarantee you'll get our email blast.

2. We do not do orders over phone, text, or direct email - it becomes impossible to control our inventory levels - doing it by our email blast and paypal has worked wonderfully in the past as many of you know. If you paid via paypal, and got a confirmation from paypal then you got your game. It's that simple. It will take us a few days to email everyone a confirmation email - please be patient.

3. CHECK YOUR SPAM... many times our emails since they come from our email service will be marked as Spam so if you don't see it in your inbox at 9:00 am CST - check your spam it may be in there.

4. In our email we will have paypal buttons you click to whisk you to paypal where you will pay with one click. You do not need a paypal account, but if you don't have one you'll just have to enter your info vs just having it all prefilled by paypal once you log in. It's easy quick and there is no risk of our website crashing or other potential problems outside of our control.

5. We have inventory levels set for each model - we have assigned them based on our allotment per game (so many for Halloween, so many for Ultraman) and also so many for Standard, Bloodsuckers, and Collectors. We have assigned the majority to Collectors of each game as we feel that is what most want.
We have plenty of games to sell.

6. Fang Club - This is a Spooky thing. It's purchased through Spooky. You need to have it in place to order early today. If games sell out everywhere there may be no later on sale date to the 'non Fang Club' public. So, buy your Fang Club membership today before 9 CST.

7. Can you buy one of each game - yes.

8. We only sell to USA - if you are overseas buy from Spooky direct please. You may get our email blast outside of the USA if you signed up for it, but please buy direct if so.

We are hopeful Spooky will have a glorious SELL OUT day today across the board. Spooky sells direct and there are a very few other wonderful hand picked distributors they work with - myself / PinballSTAR, Chris Meunier / Kingpin, Rob Anthony / Pinball Classics, Tommy Floyd / Nitro (Canada), and others outside of the US I don't know offhand... Any of these folks will do a stellar job for you that's why there's only a few of us - if one distributor is sold out try another you'll get the same A+ service from anyone. Our goal is to work together to promote Spooky and take care of any and all Spooky customers.

Hope this helps... Good luck to everyone... TY for supporting Spooky and your distributors. It'll be a fun day !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]

#178 2 years ago

T-Minus 50 minutes, warming up now with finger pushups.

#179 2 years ago

So if your not a fang club member you won’t be able to order through any of the distributors or direct from Spooky today?

#180 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

So if your not a fang club member you won’t be able to order through any of the distributors or direct from Spooky today?

It's to my understanding that the distro's will need to see proof of your fang club membership for ordering today.

#181 2 years ago

Ok, when are the other non fang club sales going to be started if there are any left? I am not ordering and trying to get info for someone else.

#182 2 years ago

2 weeks

#183 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Ok, when are the other non fang club sales going to be started if there are any left?

I recall reading that fang club members get a two week early buy opportunity, so maybe in 14 days?

#184 2 years ago

Spooky site is down

#185 2 years ago

I’m not surprised

#186 2 years ago

I am in! Ordered through Nitro in Canada.

#188 2 years ago

I just tried to buy but their site crashed. Sucks.

#189 2 years ago

So much for getting in the fang club. Site crashed

#190 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Looks-wise I'm impressed and the theme appeals to me, but I have decided to wait. I don't like when companies use teases and hype and FOMO as their prime selling strategy. It can be effective since so many suffer from FOMO these days, but for the rational types it's a turn off. In addition, I really don't like having to join a fee-based fan club just to have an equal opportunity to buy this pin. It feels forced, creates more FOMO, and is exclusionary. I've been a genuine Spooky fan from the beginning. I have bought 3 NIB pins from them. I'm not joining a compulsory fan club in order to keep buying from them. No thanks.

Also, they are practically shitting on their base model to push us up the pricing ladder. "No extras. Built last. Cannot buy extras." Bit of a turn off for value buyers, which I am. Might as well name it the Peasant model.

A bold move for Spooky all around; building so many, showing so little, jumping to a 3-tier model, price hiking, excluding non Fang Club members. Beware of hubris. Regardless, I wish them a successful launch and look forward to playing the pin.

#191 2 years ago

I had the RM site xperience wont tell that mess in detail. Spooky promised they´ll ramp up and stress test... i watch this one from the sidelines popcorn is ready. Site down...

#192 2 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I am in! Ordered through Nitro in Canada.

Me three

#193 2 years ago

Site's down. Don't want to get a place way down the line and have to wait a year. I guess I'll just wait this one out and come back to it in the secondary market.

#194 2 years ago
Quoted from SeafaringSpiders:

Don't want to get a place way down the line and have to wait a year.

1 minute stuck = 1 more year to wait

#195 2 years ago

Bummer, this was just as impossible as buying a Ps5. Site crashed right away!! Sucks and saw this coming!

#196 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

In our email we will have paypal buttons you click to whisk you to paypal where you will pay with one click. You do not need a paypal account, but if you don't have one you'll just have to enter your info vs just having it all prefilled by paypal once you log in. It's easy quick and there is no risk of our website crashing or other potential problems outside of our control.

PinballSTAR process was crazy fast and easy. No dealing with sites that can’t handle everyone hitting it.

#197 2 years ago

I got my pinballstar ordered 9:03 am

#198 2 years ago

Did it crash or did they take it down to hash out numbers with dealers? I'm getting a JJP vibe hear and don't like it...... hope I'm wrong.

#199 2 years ago

Joe, was the way to go! 90 seconds after go live, the deed was done.

#200 2 years ago

your wrong. Same last sale...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 210.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/4?hl=nicoy3k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.