(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 82.
#2351 2 years ago

My Labor day weekend has started, Cheers pinheads!Thanks to all with the early clips .This game is going to be intense from what I’m seeing .For those who have been playing can you explain how the sounds of thunder/lightning ,slashing, callouts ,music etc are in your home environment ?

#2352 2 years ago

Hope they tweak the topper - looks very odd when the H and N don’t light up. The LED strip must be shorter than the lettering!

#2353 2 years ago

Pretty easy fix

Quoted from John-Floyd:

Hope they tweak the topper - looks very odd when the H and N don’t light up. The LED strip must be shorter than the lettering!

#2354 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Pretty easy fix

How?

#2355 2 years ago

Good eye! The newer Spooky LCDs look to be angled properly from the players perspective. Im sure Doug will chime in

#2356 2 years ago

By adding or adjusting the position of the existing leds

#2357 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

By adding or adjusting the position of the existing leds

Gotcha. Just needs to be spread out another few inches on each side.

#2358 2 years ago

I bet even adding a bit of reflective material would expand the range of the led outward to cover the H and N. Also…sometimes lighting looks odd on camera. Maybe it does light up the whole marquee in person. Cameras compensate for light or the lack there of in odd ways (ie: the light strips everyone was complying about until they saw them in person)

Quoted from John-Floyd:

Gotcha. Just needs to be spread out another few inches on each side.

#2359 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I bet even adding a bit of reflective material would expand the range of the led outward to cover the H and N. Also…sometimes lighting looks odd on camera. Maybe it does light up the whole marquee in person. Cameras compensate for light or the lack there of in odd ways (ie: the light strips everyone was complying about until they saw them in person)

I like the reflective idea - could work well and be an easy tweak. I noticed the same light spread when it was at the horror convention in Chicago a few weeks back so it looks like that is how it was designed. Not a big deal, but if they are looking for feedback - that’s my 2c on the topper.

#2360 2 years ago

So is there anywhere to order one of these still in the US? See in Canada you can still order the CE but I was hoping for a standard just cause my wife is gonna kill me if I buy this. Nitro only ships to CA correct? Im in FL. Seems all US distros are out.

#2361 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

So is there anywhere to order one of these still in the US? See in Canada you can still order the CE but I was hoping for a standard just cause my wife is gonna kill me if I buy this. Nitro only ships to CA correct? Im in FL. Seems all US distros are out.

Pretty sure all games are drop shipped so they’re all coming from Spooky.

#2362 2 years ago

I ordered from Nitro and the game is shipping directly from Spooky so your good to order with them. They also ship to the USA. I bought my EHOH topper from them. Shipping is a bit more though.

#2363 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Good eye! The newer Spooky LCDs look to be angled properly from the players perspective. Im sure Doug will chime in
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"3270cb48e591a8d7ba90570c4273d9783f3de328-1630677412-1800"};
//]]>

Angle is the same. I adjusted the brightness and contrast (like I did on R&M)…and it seems great to me. I think the viewing angles are better, but I’ll check that tonight. All said, I’m sure that some will want the inkyest blacks and want a different lcd…just like those who add a sub or change the speakers because they are audiophiles. There is no right or wrong answer…just all your preference.

#2364 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I can’t say if anything will change, but I can say “Spooky is listening”. I’m sure all will be good.

#2365 2 years ago

It may also be worth checking with Kingpin games. He had a few spots available a couple weeks or so ago, though they were likely also for CE's.

#2366 2 years ago

Thanks guys, I bit the bullet and put in my preorder for a CE. With the number I got they said it will be possibly a year at the rate they are producing, but gives me time to prepare home space for it! Excited!

#2367 2 years ago

Thanks guys, I bit the bullet and put in my preorder for a CE. With the number I got they said it will be possibly a year at the rate they are producing, but gives me time to prepare home space for it! Excited!

Awesome!! When it arrives just tell your wife they must have sent you a CE by mistake!

#2368 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Here’s the first video of the new code. This is a MASSIVE update. It will take time for us to figure everything out. We are very mediocre players 8). In this video Andi (my wife) is trying to show as many Pumpkin Modes as possible. I think she gets through 3. New animations, new call outs, new light shows, and adjusted sound effects. Some have asked about the high pitched noise when you hit the scoop. It’s still used, but other sounds as well…so it waters it down nicely. Plus, the whole point of horror music is to create an atmosphere of discomfort and tension…so irritating noises are the norm…but Spooky does a good job controlling it…IMO. Oh, I repointed my pumpkin head, but it keeps slowly turning…I think it’s possessed!

Thank you for sharing this. Man the music is amazing now. Those sound clips are so dang intense. I'm so glad I dont have too wait too long #159. So hoping before Halloween. This is really coming together beautifully. If they was able to stream this code on the dead flip stream reveal. There would be no one saying ultraman is a better game. Bc obviously its NOT.

#2369 2 years ago

So what game is better now

#2370 2 years ago

Hey guys just wanted to jump in and say we cleared 30 games to go out the door this week. Many of them already boxed. On a daily production schedual now so you will see games going out every week from here on out! Appreciate all the kind words and feedback. This has truly been a dream come true for all of us.

#2371 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Thank you for sharing this. Man the music is amazing now. Those sound clips are so dang intense. I'm so glad I dont have too wait too long #159. So hoping before Halloween. This is really coming together beautifully. If they was able to stream this code on the dead flip stream reveal. There would be no one saying ultraman is a better game. Bc obviously its NOT.

Hopefully we see it before Halloween. I'm #72 and they haven't contacted me yet. They said they would contact when they are around 3 weeks out from your build.

#2372 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys just wanted to jump in and say we cleared 30 games to go out the door this week. Many of them already boxed. On a daily production schedual now so you will see games going out every week from here on out! Appreciate all the kind words and feedback. This has truly been a dream come true for all of us.

Hooray! Thanks for the update!

#2373 2 years ago

Build has been our most solid early group of games ever so far. Hoping to keep good quality rolling. Lots of training done the last couple months. Excited to be finishing games every day now. Tons of code work being piled in as well.

#2374 2 years ago

Wish I could collect mine but it’s a bit far

#2375 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hi Luke, great man. Do you know at what time you are planning to ship some of your pins overseas (Europe)?

#2376 2 years ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Hi Luke, great man. Do you know at what time you are planning to ship some of your pins overseas (Europe)?

I know RS pinball has a couple coming!

#2377 2 years ago

Can't wait to see the new code.

#2378 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Hopefully we see it before Halloween. I'm #72 and they haven't contacted me yet. They said they would contact when they are around 3 weeks out from your build.

I bet you are contacted this weekend or next as luke just stated they are on a daily production schedule now. My guess is around 20 HWN a week and 10 UTM. So with me being 159 about 5-6 weeks but you about 2-3

#2379 2 years ago

Awesome!! When it arrives just tell your wife they must have sent you a CE by mistake!

Ah yes, the foundation of every successful marriage.

Lies.

#2380 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

How many do you anticipate shipping each week?

#2381 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

How many do you anticipate shipping each week?

More than once they've said 20 - 40 per week. Avg is 30/wk. Ratio is 2.5 HWN to every UM.

#2382 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

More than once they've said 20 - 40 per week. Avg is 30/wk. Ratio is 2.5 HWN to every UM.

I know what they've said, looking for conformation is all. And wondering if they have ramped up yet.

#2383 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I know what they've said, looking for conformation is all. And wondering if they have ramped up yet.

Looking to start 5 per day this week. We work four 10 hour days. At the beginning we always have some days where we miss the mark. As we go we will increase to 6 then 7 then 8 then 9 etc. It's never an exact science.

#2384 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We work four 10 hour days

I already wanted to work for you guys. Now I want it more. Sigh. We tried to get our employer to do that years ago, got within razor thin margins of it.....didn't get it.

#2385 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Looking to start 5 per day this week. We work four 10 hour days. At the beginning we always have some days where we miss the mark. As we go we will increase to 6 then 7 then 8 then 9 etc. It's never an exact science.

Great to hear this. Thx

#2386 2 years ago

Go to play a few games today.

Fun and fast. Got a few more center ramp rejects than I wanted.

15E5F31E-ECA6-4803-969C-DD26A71AB254 (resized).jpeg15E5F31E-ECA6-4803-969C-DD26A71AB254 (resized).jpeg4E155AA8-0F51-410C-AE0D-D7FA3AE7535E (resized).jpeg4E155AA8-0F51-410C-AE0D-D7FA3AE7535E (resized).jpeg
#2387 2 years ago

what number did you end up with?

#2388 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Go to play a few games today.
Fun and fast. Got a few more center ramp rejects than I wanted.
[quoted image][quoted image]

What happened to the pumpkin by the scoop??

#2389 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

It's there, don't know why you can't see it.

#2390 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

It's there, don't know why you can't see it.

I think they meant…it’s pointed funny. Mine keeps moving. Suspect it’s possessed.

#2391 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Pumpkin maybe needs a little loc tite? Didn't affect the game. Every game I saw was turned on and looking good.

Hats off to I/O in Madison. Fantastic selection of probably 20 pins, plus (maybe?) the first (or only?) Halloween on location. And most important easy parking. Makes me want to move to Madison.

#2392 2 years ago

I really hope Spooky fixes the H and N on the topper not really being lit. Since another member pointed it out it bugs me whenever I look at it.

#2393 2 years ago

I really hope Spooky fixes the H and N on the topper not really being lit. Since another member pointed it out it bugs me whenever I look at it.

Agreed. Great topper, but man it does look off that it only says ALLOWEE when it’s lit up in a dark room.

Hope they fix this by using a longer LED strip or something.

#2394 2 years ago

Oh man. Why did you bring this up? Now its bugging me! haha

#2395 2 years ago

Can never be unseen!

#2396 2 years ago

Jeez guys, this is the easiest fix in the book. Ya’ll sound like your about to throw the baby out with the bathwater over it haha.

#2397 2 years ago
Quoted from CrisCrow:

what number did you end up with?

Supposed to be #716

#2398 2 years ago

Supposed to be #716

Which distributor did you go with

#2399 2 years ago

We’ve been playing this more. Just an incredible game. We’ll try get more video and explanations tomorrow. The sound effects are really awesome. And even though some of the noises are a bit grating (heck, that’s a horror movie), they are vital in a multiball to know when a ball is coming up one of those risers to the flippers. You need a distinct sound to get your ears to hear the warning above the craziness of the multiball.

#2400 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

We’ve been playing this more. Just an incredible game. We’ll try get more video and explanations tomorrow. The sound effects are really awesome. And even though some of the noises are a bit grating (heck, that’s a horror movie), they are vital in a multiball to know when a ball is coming up one of those risers to the flippers. You need a distinct sound to get your ears to hear the warning above the craziness of the multiball.

Cant wait to see more!!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 210.00
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/48?hl=fsumassey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.