(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

5 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,847 posts
  • 410 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by mpdpvdpin
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

573FA6DA-BEFB-4625-B6D3-96C7E3E45F66 (resized).png
spookypower (resized).jpg
20211116_202512 (resized).jpg
20211116_202521 (resized).jpg
20211116_202529 (resized).jpg
20211116_202606 (resized).jpg
20211116_202554 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20211109_150123648 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211109_150112674 (resized).jpg
CA154FD5-0FAB-44F8-BC8B-6F62B9183CF1 (resized).jpeg
Polish_20211031_164541661 (resized).jpg
21C0BCF1-DF86-43C4-8F3B-20E22D201902 (resized).jpeg
B7171E27-78E9-4247-94A2-8D71ED8C6E46 (resized).jpeg
5187732F-EF6F-4E5F-95A9-F9371F52F5CE (resized).jpeg
65864F9D-221D-46D2-AFDC-17F3E8251C75 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,847 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 77.
#2251 3 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Appreciate the videos! Love the music - I can listen to it all day. I like how there is a glass shatter sound when you make it to the house.
I'm still a little nervous about how much mini PF action there is but for the most part, it looks like a solid layout.

With so many upper playfields, I see your concern. But rest assured, the design is solid. A ton of fun to play, fast, and smooth. The mini playfields are fun to shoot…there is a ton of variety packed into those playfields. There’s some ass kicking, but not like R&M that can make casual players discouraged. Really, a great balance.

#2252 3 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

With so many upper playfields, I see your concern. But rest assured, the design is solid. A ton of fun to play, fast, and smooth. The mini playfields are fun to shoot…there is a ton of variety packed into those playfields. There’s some ass kicking, but not like R&M that can make casual players discouraged. Really, a great balance.

yeah with this theme, it's going to be hard to disappoint me but it looks like they're handling the mini's well.

#2253 3 months ago

Yeah the recent videos have given me more confidence and in overall gameplay and even on the screen compared to the jack danger stream.

#2254 3 months ago

Anyone know if there are any Blood Sucker spots left at any distros? All I'm seeing are CEs, and I don't care if I get a CE or if I have to wait a bit for it to come off the line.

#2255 3 months ago

Id much rather have an upper playfield than some random pops. This game is so different than my others. And thats a good thing!

#2256 3 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

One more video today,,,please?

#2257 3 months ago

Looking sweet early on .Every video ,you can hear the players tension build as they’re working up to the house .

#2258 3 months ago

Picked up this sweet rug at spirit Halloween today. Either will put it in front of my Halloween ce or at our front door this year.

20210829_191728 (resized).jpg
#2259 3 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

One more video today,,,please?
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"01e7b402a16f2ff5b11e5af4421c161d118aa52a-1630280308-1800"};
//]]>

Here ya go. This is Michael hedge multiball. Near the end she hits the trapped Judith Myers ball and has an extra one flying around. This was shot with some of the windows open, so there’s more glare. I didn’t get great shots of the playfield…because I wanted to show the topper. It’s VERY early in integration. Certain shots set it off. It’s lights aren’t implemented yet. Not sure why others have lights with their pics. New code will turn on the lights of the topper soon…along with the speaker lights.

#2260 3 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Here ya go. This is Michael hedge multiball. Near the end she hits the trapped Judith Myers ball and has an extra one flying around. This was shot with some of the windows open, so there’s more glare. I didn’t get great shots of the playfield…because I wanted to show the topper. It’s VERY early in integration. Certain shots set it off. It’s lights aren’t implemented yet. Not sure why others have lights with their pics. New code will turn on the lights of the topper soon…along with the speaker lights.

Very cool, thx for posting this !!

#2261 3 months ago

Great vids Doug thank you! One thing...is there a reason why your playfield pumpkin keeps looking towards the shooter lane? It's driving me nuts!!

#2262 3 months ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Great vids Doug thank you! One thing...is there a reason why your playfield pumpkin keeps looking towards the shooter lane? It's driving me nuts!!

Awesome vids, thanks!

I was wondering the same..

#2263 3 months ago

Ha! Ya…I think it’s loose and I need to remove the glass to adjust…but my wife wouldn’t let me because she just wanted to keep playing.

#2264 3 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ha! Ya…I think it’s loose and I need to remove the glass to adjust…but my wife wouldn’t let me because she just wanted to keep playing.

Haha sounds like it’s a hit over there! Really glad to hear it.

#2265 3 months ago

In about 24 hours. Yes, it’s that much fun. Congrats to all of Spooky!

593F9955-0FFF-4C96-89E3-C160E66043DF (resized).jpeg
#2266 3 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Yes, it’s that much fun.
[quoted image]

Great to hear!

#2267 3 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

In about 24 hours. Yes, it’s that much fun. Congrats to all of Spooky!
[quoted image]

Whoa…very nice!!

#2268 3 months ago

For those wondering about movie clips, there is the nurse getting assaulted by Michael at the beginning of Sanatorium multiball, the girls walking with their books at Hedge multiball, and I think one of Laurie hiding in the closet in the House playfield…so they are there…and I’m sure this is just the beginning.

#2269 3 months ago

It seems the time it takes a ball to get down to the return lane and up the lifters is crazy long. I thought someone posted Spooky are trying to get 2 more balls to work in code so the lifters are always loaded?

#2270 3 months ago
Quoted from miracleman:

It seems the time it takes a ball to get down to the return lane and up the lifters is crazy long. I thought someone posted Spooky are trying to get 2 more balls to work in code so the lifters are always loaded?

I actually like that. It’s like Michael popping out. If you aren’t watching, you’re dead (drain the ball). Plus, this can be a very fast, intense game…a little speed change up feels right. That said, it definitely takes a few games to get used to it. This whole machine is so unique, but works. A blast to play.
Oh, and with multiball, you really need to be tuned in to the sound that happens just as the ball is raised. You’re paying attention to the ones flying around the field, and all of a sudden hear that impending doom sound, and you know a ball is coming to the flipper. If it were instant, I think it would be virtually impossible to keep them in play.

#2271 3 months ago

With 100 plays how's the playfield holding up? I've heard Spooky playfields are the best.

#2272 3 months ago

With 100 plays how's the playfield holding up? I've heard Spooky playfields are the best.

Haven’t even taken the glass off. I’ll do that tomorrow…In my experience…Spooky playfields set the bar…

#2273 3 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Haven’t even taken the glass off. I’ll do that tomorrow…In my experience…Spooky playfields set the bar…

I agree. My ACNC looks fantastic. No issues and hardly a dimple on it.

#2274 3 months ago

Halloween CE 926 here. Long wait but that was what I wanted. So after watching Jack flip it on Deadflip I was like did I make a good purchased (maybe some buyers remorse). Now after seeing dnapac posted videos my buyers remorse is gone. Halloween looks like a fun shooter and it’s only going to get better with code. Long wait for me but when I receive my Halloween it will be a well polished machine. All bugs if any will be worked out. Thanks for building back my confidence Dnapac…….keep up the videos….

#2275 3 months ago

dnapac killing it with the videos! Love it. Thank you!

#2276 3 months ago

Love that picture with cool cat on top of Halloween-Spooky!

Was at Spirit Halloween yesterday getting some Halloween decorations and noticed they had some cool Halloween franchise stuff. One thing they had and I would have bought for a topper(if I did not get CE) was a Michael with knife stabbing pumpkin that lights up(pretty cool). Lots of little props that were interesting, and several rugs like one posted above. FYI-there is a 20% coupon circulating and we had the cashier hook us up. Also the day after Halloween the store offers 50% off everything. We bought a cool well built 5' pose able skeleton for $49.99 and the kids are having fun posing him in different positions around the house. Bought me some candy corn-it's official-Halloween is around the corner.

#2277 3 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Love that picture with cool cat on top of Halloween-Spooky

No doubt...got a feeling the game is definitely going to have a creepy vibe to it already....the cat sort of cemented it!!! Definitely enjoying Doug's take regarding gameplay and the vids...good stuff!!

( if you tell us the playfield pumpkin has decided to change its viewing direction later I might have to reconsider this whole Spooky thing, lol)

#2278 3 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Here’s House mode. I got there the easy way by hitting the center ramp 5 times to open it.

Holy balls...this looks like the most nerve wracking mode since Horde. Intense. Stressful. Just watching I was nervous for you to hit that damn shot. LOVE IT!

Also, your cat pic is now my favorite picture on the internet.

Thanks for the videos and info. I was all in and 100% excited before, but you have helped cement it. Can't wait for 120! I've known Charlie and his family since before they started making games, and I'm so very happy to finally be able to support them and enjoy their product. Just great people doing great work.

#2279 3 months ago

I gotta admit I'm jealous that Ultraman isn't getting these videos yet lol. I know it'll be coming, but really enjoying these vids in the meanwhile.

#2280 3 months ago

Still not liking you can get to House with a handful of ramp shots. You should have to earn it, IMO. I believe I read that they nerfed it so people could get there with 1 ball at the shows. Hope they pull that back.

#2281 3 months ago

This game is really looking like a gem. If the code updates are done right with more video clips and extra sound bites.I truly believe spooky will be in the running for and may win game of the year and they truly deserve it with this unique layout. To all the people that have sold their spots. I personally think you will seriously regret it.
IN SPOOKY WE TRUST

#2282 3 months ago

Quoted from PinCrush:

Still not liking you can get to House with a handful of ramp shots. You should have to earn it, IMO. I believe I read that they nerfed it so people could get there with 1 ball at the shows. Hope they pull that back.

Not everyone is a great pinball player and I think they wanted everyone to have some ability to see the whole game. The one shot is dropping the center drop target and getting it between the other 2 and up the center ramp. I saw Jack Danger do that on the stream…but I doubt very many people can do that. I’ve had R&M for a year and a half and have yet to finish my card…and that’s on 5 ball

#2283 3 months ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

You do have to earn it with 5 ramp shots. It could be harder or easier if they make it adjustable in the settings. I'm sure they will put that coding in the settings so you could raise it up to maybe 7 ramp shots. Or a player could turn it down to 3 or 4 and make it easier for kids or family. We will see what they do.

#2284 3 months ago

Yeah, I get it.. its just not very satisfying for me. Take LOTR for example.. I have to work to achieve Destroy the Ring. I don't get to it very often but when I do get there it is incredibly full-filling. I understand with 1031 there has to balance given there is an entire playfield but still... if I'm up there I want to feel I've accomplished more than hitting the ramp over and over.

#2285 3 months ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Yeah, I get it.. its just not very satisfying for me. Take LOTR for example.. I have to work to achieve Destroy the Ring. I don't get to it very often but when I do get there it is incredibly full-filling. I understand with 1031 there has to balance given there is an entire playfield but still... if I'm up there I want to feel I've accomplished more than hitting the ramp over and over.

I don't think that's a fair comparison. House is not a wizard mode or sub wizard mode it's one of the three main modes in the game along with Hedge and Sanitarium. If you are following the movie you'd want it to be Sanitarium then Hedge then House, but then Spooky would have people complaining that the game is too linear. I'm glad they let the player choose which order to do each mode based on their preference.

#2286 3 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Holy balls...this looks like the most nerve wracking mode since Horde. Intense. Stressful. Just watching I was nervous for you to hit that damn shot. LOVE IT!
Also, your cat pic is now my favorite picture on the internet.
Thanks for the videos and info. I was all in and 100% excited before, but you have helped cement it. Can't wait for 120! I've known Charlie and his family since before they started making games, and I'm so very happy to finally be able to support them and enjoy their product. Just great people doing great work.

Love hearing this as I’m not watching any video of the game (first time). Want to see what it’s like when I get it and have no idea what will happen.

#2287 3 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't think that's a fair comparison. House is not a wizard mode or sub wizard mode it's one of the three main modes in the game along with Hedge and Sanitarium. If you are following the movie you'd want it to be Sanitarium then Hedge then House, but then Spooky would have people complaining that the game is too linear. I'm glad they let the player choose which order to do each mode based on their preference.

Thats fair. I'll admit I don't understand the rules enough to further this debate. I'm guilty of assuming it was deeper into the game.

#2288 3 months ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

I have to work to achieve Destroy the Ring

.......don't ever let me play your game if you ever want to set a GC ever again without having to do an audits reset. I think my record is 4 DTRs in one game.

#2289 3 months ago
Quoted from Frax:

.......don't ever let me play your game if you ever want to set a GC ever again without having to do an audits reset. I think my record is 4 DTRs in one game.

Dang, thats impressive. You are officially not invited to over to jack up all my high score tables.

#2290 3 months ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Dang, thats impressive. You are officially not invited to over to jack up all my high score tables.

It was only one time, but I do frequently see 2 DTRs. Unfortunately, until you're ready for Valinor, DTR is just an obstacle wasting your time. Points are bad, blocks all other progress. I like it for what it is, but as a mode or mini-wizard...it just sucks that it blocks all progress. I guess the same could be said for TABA, but TABA is so unique in how chill it is and the music.

I think JJP recognized that small shortcoming in LOTR (not that there are many!), which is why in Hobbit you can use the button to delay ball locks for Smaug Multiball.

#2291 3 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Bought me some candy corn-it's official-Halloween is around the corner.

Coming Soon for Hardcore Fans

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/halloween-1-5-4k-blu-ray-releases-feature-list-scream-factory/

#2292 3 months ago

Here’s another video. I got closeups of the playfield to show wear after 100+ games…I know, nothing in the grand scope of things, but someone asked how it was holding up. As far as dimpling, there is a little on the big pumpkin by the 3 drop targets as this is where you’d get most air balls, but there is a deflector there. The dimpling is extremely light and minor. I started a game to get the GI and you can hear loomis call outs to start the game. The LED strips seem bright, but I like them. I think they are having a setting to turn them down if you want. This is a pin best played in a dark room…really helps the whole horror ambience, so a nice lighted field
is a must. Oh, and for those worried this an early code (if you have an early spot)…it is, but far from half baked. Actually, it plays like it’s fairly polished.

#2293 3 months ago

Thank you so much for keeping the dream alive. #602 CE cant come quick enough!

Quoted from dnapac:

Here’s another video. I got closeups of the playfield to show wear after 100+ games…I know, nothing in the grand scope of things, but someone asked how it was holding up. As far as dimpling, there is a little on the big pumpkin by the 3 drop targets as this is where you’d get most air balls, but there is a deflector there. The dimpling is extremely light and minor. I started a game to get the GI and you can hear loomis call outs to start the game. The LED strips seem bright, but I like them. I think they are having a setting to turn them down if you want. This is a pin best played in a dark room…really helps the whole horror ambience, so a nice lighted field
is a must. Oh, and for those worried this an early code (if you have an early spot)…it is, but far from half baked. Actually, it plays like it’s fairly polished.

#2294 3 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Have you noticed any flipper post strength issues that RM has had, requiring the X spacer?

#2295 3 months ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Thank you so much for keeping the dream alive. #602 CE cant come quick enough!

Glad you guys are liking them. They aren’t Jack Danger pro…but give you the player feel. I’ll try be honest and not a fan boy. This game is incredibly unique with the layout and shots, but so much fun to play. Many times when different things are tried it ends up feeling kinda weird…not this one. I wish everyone could play it, but it takes time. If you guys have requests or questions feel free.

#2296 3 months ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Have you noticed any flipper post strength issues that RM has had, requiring the X spacer?

None. Yes, I picked up new mechs for my R&M when I picked up this pin, but these flippers are solid..sometimes feel too powerful…but not. Just can be an ultra fast shot. So fast it drains, and you barely see it! Not a fault, just need to play better.

#2297 3 months ago

What was your # dnapac ?

Quoted from dnapac:

He’s coming home.
[quoted image]

#2298 3 months ago
Quoted from pldubya43:

What was your # dnapac ?

#2299 3 months ago

I put this supercut together something like 15 years ago (woah) featuring a bunch of my favorite slasher movie moments.. thought this group might enjoy. I only just remembered I made this video since YouTube sent me an age-restriction notice for it this week... lol 15 years later.. haha!

Let the bodies hit the floor!

#2300 3 months ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Let the bodies hit the floor!

I was all ready to call you out for false advertising (assuming you didn't incorporate the Drowning Pool song). Alas, you did. Kudos. I love old school Drowning Pool!

There are 3,847 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 77.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside