(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 82.
#2101 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

I dont know much about this kinda thing, but I'd assume they have the rights to Jamie Lee Curtis's image since she is on the cabinet and plastic art. It could well be different from the film clips, but it would see odd if they could put her in the art, but not use film clips with her.

She was so young in that movie, she likely has no rights to say anything about how it is used. Pretty sure that is why the Star Wars game has basically the whole original trilogy in it. I don't know for a fact, of course.

Meaning young actors didn't think about that kinda stuff back then.

#2102 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

I dont know much about this kinda thing, but I'd assume they have the rights to Jamie Lee Curtis's image since she is on the cabinet and plastic art. It could well be different from the film clips, but it would see odd if they could put her in the art, but not use film clips with her.

No, I just meant they take her out to make it seem like he’s coming for you, not because of the license.

#2103 2 years ago

I'm pretty sure there was at least 1 or 2 JLC clips from the movie shown in the Jack Danger stream. I don't think this will be an issue.

#2104 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Id like the shooter plate to be a knife block. Nice walnut cored wood and the plunger would be pulling the blade from it. Looks cool to me regardless.

This is a great idea!

#2105 2 years ago

Michael coming after you and having to make shots for hurry-ups-sound thrilling

-May be one of the best hurry-ups ever that will get your heart racing-I love hurry-ups

#2106 2 years ago

Still waiting to see somebody receive a Halloween and post it and the number. My number is so far back it would be nice to see some production from Spooky.

#2107 2 years ago
Quoted from colonelmikey:

Still waiting to see somebody receive a Halloween and post it and the number. My number is so far back it would be nice to see some production from Spooky.

I have a pretty early number #79 and I haven't gotten a mail about butter cab yet which they said was 3 weeks before it goes on the line roughly.

They had also.mentioned they were holding the initial batch for a bit for testing, so looking like it will take them awhile to get production warmed up.

#2108 2 years ago

RebelGuitars picked up his game from SFGE over the weekend. They are just starting to get games in people's hands.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/42#post-6457915

#2109 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

RebelGuitars picked up his game from SFGE over the weekend. They are just starting to get games in people's hands.

Based on that, he should start the official owners club thread, since it satisfies Pinside's rules of starting Club Threads

#2110 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:Based on that, he should start the official owners club thread, since it satisfies Pinside's rules of starting Club Threads

Nope, the rules specifically state that a club thread owner must post a video of the topper in action, and he won't do it.

#2111 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Michael coming after you and having to make shots for hurry-ups-sound thrilling
-May be one of the best hurry-ups ever that will get your heart racing-I love hurry-ups

You do realize, you only have to break into a light jog and you can easily out run him. Michael is too cool to run. Michael's trick it to appear suddenly in unexpected places...like a wardrobe, behind a hedge, or in the backseat of your car....with no explanation of how he managed to get there.

Now Freddy, that guy's in good shape, and he will chase you.

#2112 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

You do realize, you only have to break into a light jog and you can easily out run him. Michael is too cool to run. Michael's trick it to appear suddenly in unexpected places...like a wardrobe, behind a hedge, or in the backseat of your car....with no explanation of how he managed to get there.
Now Freddy, that guy's in good shape, and he will chase you.

I’d like to see a speed walking race between Michael and Jason.

#2113 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

I have a pretty early number #79 and I haven't gotten a mail about butter cab yet which they said was 3 weeks before it goes on the line roughly.
They had also.mentioned they were holding the initial batch for a bit for testing, so looking like it will take them awhile to get production warmed up.

Yeah they said they were holding the initial batch for testing, but that was almost a month ago. Hopefully we hear that some get shipped soon.

#2114 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Yeah they said they were holding the initial batch for testing, but that was almost a month ago. Hopefully we hear that some get shipped soon.

I'm glad they are doing everything they can for quality but if we dont hear any updates this week I believe we will all start to get worried about their 18 month timeline

#2115 2 years ago

Next week makes it 2 months from launch with no games shipped

#2116 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Yeah I see what your saying. That's a lot of testing.

#2117 2 years ago

What happens when the placeholders for film clips aren't approved? Then you gotta ship games out with way underdone code and just hoping it will work out.

#2118 2 years ago

I have been on the hype train rewatching all the Halloween movies and there has been one in particular I have been dreading…. I’m on part 6 This turd makes the Busta Rhymes one look Oscar worthy.

#2119 2 years ago

I'm glad they are doing everything they can for quality but if we dont hear any updates this week I believe we will all start to get worried about their 18 month timeline

Not worried at all! Spooky will start cranking these out when full validation of new line/process is complete. It had been stated by Spooky this will take about 4 weeks. Production will then start slow and ramp up when parts order arrives, which will allow them to go to full production. 18 months still achievable.

Anyone getting their first Spooky don’t worry! Spooky is a great company that is upfront, honest and a pleasure to deal with. As a customer for over 7+ years, Spooky is #1 for me!

#2120 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

I have been on the hype train rewatching all the Halloween movies and there has been one in particular I have been dreading…. I’m on part 6 This turd makes the Busta Rhymes one look Oscar worthy.

Should have stopped after 3. And pretended that was all there was. Glutton for punishment it seems..good luck

#2121 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

Not worried at all! Spooky will start cranking these out when full validation of new line/process is complete. It had been stated by Spooky this will take about 4 weeks. Production will then start slow and ramp up when parts order arrives, which will allow them to go to full production. 18 months still achievable.
Anyone getting their first Spooky don’t worry! Spooky is a great company that is upfront, honest and a pleasure to deal with. As a customer for over 7+ years, Spooky is #1 for me!

As a first time buyer that’s good to hear, my fang club package arrived today and it had me worried

#2122 2 years ago

Anyone have a higher number than 916 or am I last in line? Maybe I get it before halloween 2022?

#2123 2 years ago

Anyone have a higher number than 916 or am I last in line? Maybe I get it before halloween 2022?

I'm 947 so we are close to rowing the same boat!!!

#2124 2 years ago

SpookyLuke SpookyCharlie SpookyBug any updates on when we will see these start shipping and production ramping up? I think I had hoped to get my machine around Halloween from the early talks of numbers and production talk now I’m wondering by the end of the year? Not upset so don’t read anything into it just curious at this point what’s up.

#2125 2 years ago

# 78 here and haven’t heard from them on butter/no butter yet. Should hear soon - I’m thinking mine may be ready maybe around late September which is cool. Would rather have a quality game w no issues than to see rush rush rush and complaints start rolling in. Excited to see these get in people’s hands.

#2126 2 years ago

Pretty sure they’ve always said games start shipping in Sept after the quality control period in August.

Quoted from rdonohue13:

SpookyLuke SpookyCharlie SpookyBug any updates on when we will see these start shipping and production ramping up? I think I had hoped to get my machine around Halloween from the early talks of numbers and production talk now I’m wondering by the end of the year? Not upset so don’t read anything into it just curious at this point what’s up.

#2127 2 years ago

For anyone still curious on pin readiness dates I made this a while back.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jt4M6GTDQVdQ4uxgR5mvglB1n-1K0KOkGfWCBuT91vY/edit#gid=0

There is also another doc elsewhere on this thread listing the reported numbers.

Note: Just noticed the formula for HWN CE < 1000 was broke. Better now.

#2128 2 years ago

I think people got some unrealistic expectations on timeframes early on.

They presumed there would instantly be 20 games a week churning out of the factory. From the launch date.

When I saw people saying “I’m #18x, I should get my game by Halloween!” I knew there was going to be some disappointment happening.

rd

#2129 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

For anyone still curious on pin readiness dates I made this a while back.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jt4M6GTDQVdQ4uxgR5mvglB1n-1K0KOkGfWCBuT91vY/edit#gid=0
There is also another doc elsewhere on this thread listing the reported numbers.
Note: Just noticed the formula for HWN CE < 1000 was broke. Better now.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vRD_xZZ7HMCfjCHIcl5ieAKWI0-x2PsxBhnirLQY1cPJh-57nGVRBI3JYLHAhsHA_Lh8l8y_rG7Zdju/pubhtml

#2130 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I think people got some unrealistic expectations on timeframes early on.
They presumed there would instantly be 20 games a week churning out of the factory. From the launch date.
When I saw people saying “I’m #18x, I should get my game by Halloween!” I knew there was going to be some disappointment happening.
rd

Agreed, The projections i built were for entertainment.
I expect things to shift right a bit once shipping begins and the build rate gets dialed in.
Right now there are a lot of assumptions in the projections too.
I suspect the real build rate should be known by end of September or October sometime. (another guess)

#2131 2 years ago

Once again, thanks for creating & maintaining the HWN list. I look forward to seeing delivery dates as reported by happy Spooky collectors! Soon enough.

#2132 2 years ago

In a perfect world, it would be ready to go before announced, but .... Those of us that waited out ACNC production know about delays. A few weeks is nothing and if the game is good then it's worth a wait. Get it squared away then start shipping. Beats enduring all the frustration and internet outrage that comes with the sugar rush of quick ship and **** not working.

#2133 2 years ago

Also the timing was good - people wanted a new machine to be unveiled and before CGC AP STERN decided to get a release out.. well played

Quoted from BOHICA:

In a perfect world, it would be ready to go before announced, but .... Those of us that waited out ACNC production know about delays. A few weeks is nothing and if the game is good then it's worth a wait. Get it squared away then start shipping. Beats enduring all the frustration and internet outrage that comes with the sugar rush of quick ship and **** not working.

#2134 2 years ago

You aren't even close to the back of the line.

#2135 2 years ago

I am number 482 CE ordered directly from spooky, and going to get the butter cabinet.

#2136 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Nope, the rules specifically state that a club thread owner must post a video of the topper in action, and he won't do it.

Easy buddy. It all takes time. Absolutely zero reason to worry. Once they start coming they will start coming every day. There is a buildup period and training period. This stuff is all handmade and takes time to teach people how to make a quality product. We always get the job done.

#2137 2 years ago

You can update my CE spot from 790 to 481. I was able to trade up! Can’t wait to see when it arrives. Hopefully by first of the year.

#2138 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Easy buddy. It all takes time. Absolutely zero reason to worry. Once they start coming they will start coming every day. There is a buildup period and training period. This stuff is all handmade and takes time to teach people how to make a quality product. We always get the job done.

Your Much better than Stern. My buddy got his NIB Elvira and flippers didn’t even work. Took three weeks before stern authorized a tech to come out to fix it.

Halloween CE will be my first NIB Spooky pin, not because I wanted it but my wife did. I wanted Scooby Doo and received some hate for it. Yes I was really disappointed but now I am really excited for Halloween. I haven’t even seen the movie and I am 50 years old lol.

your customer service feedback is amazing from what I have read. And the fact you made some and tested them for an extended period time to check before hand for any issues before full production moves forward speaks volumes to me.

With Sterns upcoming price increase for premiums to $8500 is my break with Stern point now. I started collecting my m 2019 and missed out on some good pins. But can’t justify sterns prices any longer.

Is Halloween CE more than a Stern premium?yes. But look what you get for that price. So much more. Stern can’t even put in art blades for you for free on a premium. Hell Halloween standard edition is a deal because nothing on the playfield or the game is changed from model to model. That’s a huge feather in Spooky’s hat IMO. I can spend more for cosmetics, but still get the same game.

Godzilla will be my last NIB stern. Spooky has my support. Stay ma and pa Spooky. Don’t get too big and loose touch with your customers and fans. You have a new customer for life.

#2139 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

You can update my CE spot from 790 to 481. I was able to trade up! Can’t wait to see when it arrives. Hopefully by first of the year.

Hey you got my old spot!

#2140 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Hey you got my old spot!

Ha! Thank you again!!!! My wife and daughters are so happy and excited

#2142 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I haven’t even seen the movie and I am 50 years old lol.

You should watch the movie before your pin arrives. Michael would appreciate it!

HWCE #537 from Nitro - can’t wait!!

#2143 2 years ago

Looks like #2? More importantly, how did it play?

#2144 2 years ago

#951 CE here....haha...

I was late on this but have no problems waiting. I've heard the people are Spooky are good people so I'm not worried.

Can't really say that about Stern or JJP. AP has been great to deal with as well.

#2145 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Looks like #2? More importantly, how did it play?

So it would appear. I haven't had a chance to play it yet but will soon

#2146 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

So it would appear. I haven't had a chance to play it yet but will soon

How can you wait?

#2147 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

How can you wait?

I'm at work rn! and they don't open until 4 so there's that

#2148 2 years ago

HWCE #108 and #501 From PinballStar

#2149 2 years ago

I want to move up in an even swap for a CE from Pinball Star. I am #602 any takers?

#2150 2 years ago

Long time lurker first time poster.

CE 505 from PinballStar, can't wait! Everything is better with butter!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/43?hl=obed_marsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.