(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 82.
#2001 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Just one of each title is butter.

Worth a grand upgrade in your opinion?

#2002 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Always up to the person.

#2003 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Always up to the person.

True, but in your opinion is their much difference between the two?

#2004 2 years ago

Halloween needed some fixes done before my game so I snapped a few quick inside the cab and under playfield pics while Bug re-crimped a few pins.

69D35369-45FC-4045-8C98-45D9010A7449 (resized).jpeg69D35369-45FC-4045-8C98-45D9010A7449 (resized).jpeg807613DF-8457-45D5-A54A-8DA0D0AC89BA (resized).jpeg807613DF-8457-45D5-A54A-8DA0D0AC89BA (resized).jpegAB015501-18AE-48A3-8F0F-0087675E0902 (resized).jpegAB015501-18AE-48A3-8F0F-0087675E0902 (resized).jpeg
#2005 2 years ago

It’s an easy decision, ask yourself these questions.

1. Are you going to actually see the art or is it up against two other games? (me: no I will not)

2. Do you even care enough to drop an extra $1k (me: no)

3. If you havnt SEEN the butter..do you even know what your missing. (me: I don’t)

4. Does a butter cabinet make it a better GAME? (me: no)

5. Can you think of better places to spend that $1k (me: yes, definitely)

6. Are you just made of money and don’t really care and just want the most expensive thing just cuz? (me: no)

#2006 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

1. Are you going to actually see the art or is it up against two other games? (me: no I will not)
3. If you havnt SEEN the butter..do you even know what your missing. (me: I don’t)
6. Are you just made of money and don’t really care and just want the most expensive thing just cuz? (me: no)

Pretty much a perfect list.

I’m a NO on all that stuff too.

rd

#2007 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I agree. A perfect list. No butter for me.

#2008 2 years ago

True, but in your opinion is their much difference between the two?

I have both, from previous games. I choose butter for this game. If you fault me, then that is on you, not me. My experience, my money. To me, there is the value.

#2009 2 years ago

So, you’ve seen it, know the difference and prefer butter. You will see it in your game room and appreciate it. You care enough to spend the extra and the added cost is not a turn off. I don’t think anyone would fault you for getting what you want.

Quoted from dnapac:

I have both, from previous games. I choose butter for this game. If you fault me, then that is on you, not me. My experience, my money. To me, there is the value.

#2010 2 years ago

Some gameplay, sounds like the double annoying high pitched sound has gone from pumpkin to right lifter.

#2011 2 years ago

hey there. it has been a bit since the release. i just wanted to let everyone know that i do have some Collector's Editions left in my allotment starting in the 620's, then the 700's

shoot me an email if you would wish to secure one

thank you

[email protected]

#2012 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I would add one more item to your list.

7. Want something that looks good but isn’t repairable by the end user? Decals can be replaced if damaged, butter cabinets can’t be.

#2013 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

That's a lie. We know you're made of money, Dave. You flew over here and bought a hearse and a bunch of games and shipped it all back.

#2014 2 years ago

No question the butter cabinet looks better. If you want the best version and an extra $1,000 is no big deal...go for it. If I had near unlimited cash I'd get a butter cabinet. That said, I do not have near unlimited cash and have many other priorities that will come first.

#2015 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

+ 100...you don't have to justify your purchase to anyone except yourself...hell, if it's just getting " slid in the line" might as well do the sides in flat black right ( doesn't effect gameplay)?

And it's not only "a rich or stupid person's view" btw....( don't know if that's come up yet...usually does). I'm neither. These things tend to keep their value, and flippers have grown their collections and wallets by doing just that.

No judgement from me....buy what YOU want ( I'm getting butter too, btw). Always the same...

#2016 2 years ago

Honest question, because I'm not really familiar with Spooky's prior games...

What is the point of all of those twisted cables? Seems like a pain in the butt to work with or replace when it will eventually be needed. Is that due to the RGB lighting...and I'm assuming they're twisted to reduce the chance of signal interference? Some RGB specs use 3 wires, some use 4 (ARGB). I might have to design a sleeving kit for those. It appears to be ARGB, looks like 4 wires on the LED boards.

Also, knowing these are prototypes/sample type games, is this typically how wiring looks on the Spooky games? The top half (bottom half of the playfield technically) looks passable, but WOW that's a mega rat's nest down by the board. I'm not going to lie....it looks kinda like the back side of my Lian Li PC case where it's all hidden. I'm terrible with cable management, but the idea of that many wires all over the place has me wondering if we can't come up with a better solution. Maybe some kind of 3d printed wire routing bracket. Looks like there's more than enough space to mount something down there. I'm sure they've got things routed in such a way it's unlikely to snag in mechs or be an issue, this is just my visual OCD.

Also...someone's gotta say it...nice chin diapers.

#2017 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

They did not use wire looms (twisting) on past games.
They did use 3d printed posts to zip-tie wires to.
I suspect it has more to do with clean up rather than attenuation and EMF interference.

What we are seeing is the difference between traditional GI versus individually addressable RGB LEDs for every single lighting element.
Lots more wires.

#2018 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

They did not use wire looms (twisting) on past games.
They did use 3d printed posts to zip-tie wires to.
I suspect it has more to do with clean up rather than attenuation and EMF interference.
What we are seeing is the difference between traditional GI versus individually addressable RGB LEDs for every single lighting element.
Lots more wires.

Right, yeah. The PC's I built for my wife and myself last year have ARGB fans.... 4 wires for LEDs and 3 wires for the fan power. It's pretty insane what the hidden part of my case looks like. The O11 Dynamic XL's we're using have *9* RGB fans when you include the ones on the AIO water cooling, so it's a mess of connectors and daisy chains in the back of our cases. It's a lot of bloody wires.

#2019 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Right, yeah. The PC's I built for my wife and myself last year have ARGB fans.... 4 wires for LEDs and 3 wires for the fan power. It's pretty insane what the hidden part of my case looks like. The O11 Dynamic XL's we're using have *9* RGB fans when you include the ones on the AIO water cooling, so it's a mess of connectors and daisy chains in the back of our cases. It's a lot of bloody wires.

Add in the controller boards provide two channels of 80 LEDs each.
They said they are using something like 70 per channel on these games.

#2020 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

What is the point of all of those twisted cables? Seems like a pain in the butt to work with or replace when it will eventually be needed. Is that due to the RGB lighting...and I'm assuming they're twisted to reduce the chance of signal interference? Some RGB specs use 3 wires, some use 4 (ARGB). I might have to design a sleeving kit for those. It appears to be ARGB, looks like 4 wires on the LED boards.
Also, knowing these are prototypes/sample type games, is this typically how wiring looks on the Spooky games? The top half (bottom half of the playfield technically) looks passable, but WOW that's a mega rat's nest down by the board. I'm not going to lie....it looks kinda like the back side of my Lian Li PC case where it's all hidden. I'm terrible with cable management, but the idea of that many wires all over the place has me wondering if we can't come up with a better solution. Maybe some kind of 3d printed wire routing bracket. Looks like there's more than enough space to mount something down there. I'm sure they've got things routed in such a way it's unlikely to snag in mechs or be an issue, this is just my visual OCD.
Also...someone's gotta say it...nice chin diapers.

I saw them say somewhere these were the "prototypes". So maybe the wire management will be different on the production units?

#2021 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I saw them say somewhere these were the "prototypes". So maybe the wire management will be different on the production units?

Probably, that's why I specifically pointed that out. I'm more curious than anything. As long as nothing gets snagged up on mechs, anything is "fixable" in my book. Whether that's aftermarket or not doesn't make a whit of difference to me.

#2022 2 years ago

So I have a couple of questions.. maybe it's a statement but either way. I'm in on a CE got lucky and got one of the last available spots in the 900's I know I'll be waiting and totally accepted that when I made my purchase... however Post 2011 from Kingpin games saying they have spots available in the 620's and 700's available. Seems a tad unfair (I know boo hoo poor me) that I got in line all be it at the end of it, and am patiently waiting but someone today could possibly buy a machine and get their machine several months before me but buying after me... kinda feels like cutting the line. If it is what it is so be it, I will still have an awesome machine to play (1st Spooky) but what say you the masses and Spooky fair or not? Also I saw/read a rumor that the CE buyers might get their name put on one of the grave stones? I'd actually love to see that and even if I had to throw a touch more $$$ to do so I'd gladly do so.

#2023 2 years ago
Quoted from CheapTrick33:

So I have a couple of questions.. maybe it's a statement but either way. I'm in on a CE got lucky and got one of the last available spots in the 900's I know I'll be waiting and totally accepted that when I made my purchase... however Post 2011 from Kingpin games saying they have spots available in the 620's and 700's available. Seems a tad unfair (I know boo hoo poor me) that I got in line all be it at the end of it, and am patiently waiting but someone today could possibly buy a machine and get their machine several months before me but buying after me... kinda feels like cutting the line. If it is what it is so be it, I will still have an awesome machine to play (1st Spooky) but what say you the masses and Spooky fair or not? Also I saw/read a rumor that the CE buyers might get their name put on one of the grave stones? I'd actually love to see that and even if I had to throw a touch more $$$ to do so I'd gladly do so.

Distributors got pre-allocated spots. Spooky did too, but they sold faster than distributors. I saw in the mod thread that someone was talking about getting their name on a tombstone plastic to place next to the Judith Meyers. Is that what you may be talking about?

#2024 2 years ago

Maybe I misread it but from what I remember it was your name on one of the gravestones on the playfield.... which seemed totally awesome yet hard to pull off with 900 + CE machines. Just was curious if it was true/rumor... either way it'd be great if they did...if not "like" the idea of a tombstone plastic with names on it as well.

#2025 2 years ago

Maybe I misread it but from what I remember it was your name on one of the gravestones on the playfield.... which seemed totally awesome yet hard to pull off with 900 + CE machines. Just was curious if it was true/rumor... either way it'd be great if they did...if not "like" the idea of a tombstone plastic with names on it as well.

It would be fairly easy to take tombstone out and have it engraved. Only problem is it limits resale, unless you have an original replacement..personally, I don't want to see my headstone!

#2026 2 years ago

The way I play pinball it would be a fitting tribute.... "Here's where my multiball went to die" !!!

#2027 2 years ago

I think some people moved from HWN to UM and thus left the distributor with an available spot(s). That spot(s) gets filled with a buyer. Many times after they are already "sold out". There's no way the distributor is going to contact everyone who bought one and adjust their spots accordingly.

#2028 2 years ago

Are those wires twisted to help with interference?

#2029 2 years ago

Is looking interesting, 7 balls

3E116D47-5F4C-4289-BB0C-91005C6DE72B (resized).png3E116D47-5F4C-4289-BB0C-91005C6DE72B (resized).png
#2030 2 years ago

Seems a tad unfair (I know boo hoo poor me) that I got in line all be it at the end of it, and am patiently waiting but someone today could possibly buy a machine and get their machine several months before me but buying after me... kinda feels like cutting the line.

Unfortunately, this happens all the time. On a past game, I had ordered direct early on. MONTHS later, I was talking the game up to a friend and he decided to pre-order one too, but went through a distro. He ended up getting his game 2 days before me and invited to me to his release party. I don't talk up my pre-orders so much any more.

#2031 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Are those wires twisted to help with interference?

That's what I was asking above. I think it's just to keep them orderly without having to sleeve them based on what someone else said in response. That way you don't have 4 separate loose wires going to every connection point for the LEDs.

#2032 2 years ago

6 balls for play, 1 for staging in left side lifter.

#2033 2 years ago

Wasn't it already confirmed in an interview that one of the wizard modes was locking a ball into each of the 7 physical ball locks?

#2034 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Wasn't it already confirmed in an interview that one of the wizard modes was locking a ball into each of the 7 physical ball locks?

Yes

#2035 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's a lie. We know you're made of money, Dave. You flew over here and bought a hearse and a bunch of games and shipped it all back.

True!

The hearse was $3k — that was paid for with 3x butter savings on my Spooky pins.

And the memories? Priceless!

Even Satchel agrees!

rd
A358F9C9-F911-442A-931E-56A795246F95 (resized).jpegA358F9C9-F911-442A-931E-56A795246F95 (resized).jpeg

#2036 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It would be fairly easy to take tombstone out and have it engraved. Only problem is it limits resale, unless you have an original replacement..personally, I don't want to see my headstone!

I'm having one made with my mother-in-laws name

#2037 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

I'm having one made with my mother-in-laws name

Just don't show her!

#2038 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

6 balls for play, 1 for staging in left side lifter.

Not correct. There is no staged ball.

#2039 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That's what I was asking above. I think it's just to keep them orderly without having to sleeve them based on what someone else said in response. That way you don't have 4 separate loose wires going to every connection point for the LEDs.

I meant electrical interference, I’m sure I heard the driver board used could suffer from interference or something.

“ By twisting wires that carry an equal and opposite amount of current through them, the interference/noise produced by one wire is effectively canceled by the interference/noise produced by the other. A twisted pair also improves rejection of external electromagnetic interference from other equipment.

#2040 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Sorry, I'm an idiot then. I thought it was 6. I'll take 7 though.

Not correct. There is no staged ball.

At this time. Bug said they were working on trying to code it so that it will stage one in the left lifter.

Quoted from Lostcause:

electrical interference

Yes, that's what I was meaning on that.

#2041 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The hearse was $3k — that was paid for with 3x butter savings on my Spooky pins.

And the memories? Priceless!

Nice coach! I have a '60 caddy.

P1010035 (resized).jpgP1010035 (resized).jpg
#2042 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Nice coach! I have a '60 caddy.
[quoted image]

That is a gorgeous ride!!

#2043 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

At this time. Bug said they were working on trying to code it so that it will stage one in the left lifter.

So you admit you were incorrect.

I don’t think players are going to want the ball coming out any faster. The blocked view/ball coming out of nowhere is already a learning curve.

#2044 2 years ago

I don’t think players are going to want the ball coming out any faster. The blocked view/ball coming out of nowhere is already a learning curve.

I played the gage a bunch over the weekend and do want the balls to come out faster. Having to wait longer is not going to be helpful. The player just has more time to get distracted and start looking at the LCD.

#2045 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I played the gage a bunch over the weekend and do want the balls to come out faster. Having to wait longer is not going to be helpful. The player just has more time to get distracted and start looking at the LCD.

Maybe from the right side coming from an upper playfield, but no use on the left. And never during a multiball.

#2046 2 years ago

*shrug*

If you get hard by saying I'm incorrect, then sure, I'm incorrect. It's a shade of grey, not black or white.

It's not feasible to stage balls during a multiball...the code would be WAY too complicated, and not worth the effort.

#2047 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

*shrug*
If you get hard by saying I'm incorrect, then sure, I'm incorrect. It's a shade of grey, not black or white.
It's not feasible to stage balls during a multiball...the code would be WAY too complicated, and not worth the effort.

You’re incorrect, but what do I know.

#2048 2 years ago

You’re incorrect, but what do I know. [quoted image]

Yes, by all means, please continue your dick waving (which you proved is the only thing you're actually interested in by posting that pic) on technicalities. I'm sure this will age about as well as all the "everything is FINE" Predator/Alien/Heighway/Zidware/Lebowski/Deeproot posts.

#2049 2 years ago

They sell prototypes right off the show floor?

#2050 2 years ago

You have my interest - but will you share some feedback then

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 49.99
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/41?hl=enchantress and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.