(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
IMG_20220209_222729__01.jpg

There are 4,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 82.
#101 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Yeah I'm well aware he is dead but thanks for the insight. There are more than enough soundbites from the film that could be used. Some random voice actor would kill the theme immersion and experience for me.

You're probably going to get a mix of both. With selling 1,250 games you'll have more time to see a stream before purchase but no date set for one yet.

#102 2 years ago

To add to all this, trailer for the new movie looks great. I believe it's a 2 part movie.

#103 2 years ago

Spooky said they got full access. I agree the fake doctor is very noticeable but the same was true for the 2018 movie. I think if they use him sparingly we’re good. They should have real Donald in there as well

#104 2 years ago

Feedback please. All preference I know, but do spooky owners like their pins as much as stern they own? I was gonna get Mando but love Halloween theme as well. Just not sure what to do and I need to decide by tomorrow lol

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

So on the main playfield, there are three steel ramps. Where do each of them feed? I thought they mentioned one of them had a diverter to the second upper pf

Left - Returns to the left flipper.
Center - Returns to the left flipper or upper-upper playfield.
Right - Returns to the lower-upper playfield.

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Feedback please. All preference I know, but do spooky owners like their pins as much as stern they own? I was gonna get Mando but love Halloween theme as well. Just not sure what to do and I need to decide by tomorrow lol

People love their TNAs, ACNCs, and Rick N Mortys….

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Hell ya!

And Stern will be making Mando for ages, so you can always circle back and get that one NIB later anyway.

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Hell ya!
And Stern will be making Mando for ages, so you can always circle back and get that one NIB later anyway.

That's true. Lifelong horror fan so this is like blowing me away cool.

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

It's all preference. The only Spooky title I've owned is Total Nuclear Annihilation and it's such a different game then every other modern game. Ultimately, I would agree with what others have said, you won't have any trouble going back and buying a Mandalorian a year from now. I would not be willing to make the same guarantee for Halloween / Ultraman. If you think you're ever going to want one, now might be the best time.

#110 2 years ago

Anyone wishing to order Halloween or Ultraman from PinballSTAR (Spooky distributor) we ask that you send us an email today to [email protected] to get on our email blast list so at 9am CST tomorrow you get the 'ORDER NOW' email.. In that email you'll have a one click Paypal button to use to pay and get in quick and easy... I'm getting a ton of emails asking about our process to order and wanted to put this out there for folks as we are not doing phone, text, or website ordering - just via our email link. Looking forward to a glorious Spooky day tomorrow ! They killed it !

We made up this pic for our FB page too - pretty cool to have them both side by side ! lol

Email us today to get on our list for tomorrow's email blast at 9am CST...

Joe Newhart
[email protected]

michaelmeyersultramanpic (resized).jpgmichaelmeyersultramanpic (resized).jpg
#111 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It's all preference. The only Spooky title I've owned is Total Nuclear Annihilation and it's such a different game then every other modern game. Ultimately, I would agree with what others have said, you won't have any trouble going back and buying a Mandalorian a year from now. I would not be willing to make the same guarantee for Halloween / Ultraman. If you think you're ever going to want one, now might be the best time.

I would counter this thought with the fact that they only made 750 R&M and many people bought them for roughly the same price second hand well before Spooky finished making them all. It's highly possibly you get a high number and have to watch people play their pins and even sell them for retail all while you wait to get one.

Make sure you are ok waiting a year or longer to get one.

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I would counter this thought with the fact that they only made 750 R&M and many people bought them for roughly the same price second hand well before Spooky finished making them all. It's highly possibly you get a high number and have to watch people play their pins and even sell them for retail all while you wait to get one.

That's a really good point. I'm patient with some things but not sure...my problem is I'll want another new pin before then and have to figure out money wise what I want to do (meaning will wife kill me). I'm fine financially with that but not sure mentally I'm fine with that knowing that's a lot of cash on toys haha.

#113 2 years ago

No Cary Hardy reaction video yet because he still can't find 1 single thing to shit on in this game!!! In for a CE. . .

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

If you think you're ever going to want one, now might be the best time.

If history has taught anything when it comes to pinball its that every game will come up for sale at some point.

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Not sure I would agree with this. During production R&M spots were going for up to $2500 premiums, and even now after the run is over, the average selling price is at least $1000 over NIB price.

Obviously, there's no guarantee that Halloween or Ultraman will do the same thing. That being said, folks always tend to sell their spots for tons of reasons, so if you miss out you can likely pick up a spot later. I'm just saying there's no guarantee it'll be for retail.

#116 2 years ago

Doubling down on the design was risky but next level. Having UM and Halloween opens it up to a wider audience. I heard excitement for both. Personally I like halloween as a theme better but wouldn't pass on an UM since its pretty sweet too. This gives buyers without a real preference 1750 games because the "experience" of playing either title should be very similar. I think resale value will reflect that. I found $7k and $7500 as the original sale prices for RM, but since its release we've seen prices go up. So is the resale value really up on RM or it is just following the constant price increases of NIB games? I think theme gets us fired up but gameplay is what really matters.

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I think theme gets us fired up but gameplay is what really matters.

Yeah thats the whole thing. Its early to pass judgement but even as a fan of the Halloween films well 1,2 and 4 anyway its not exactly blowing me away here so far with that layout, not 2 mention Spooky is notorious for shit call outs. I mean PJ Soles? who cares about her role in that film. I have a bad feeling those call outs are gonna sound real outta place. I would have preferred nothing but stock audio clips. Also its 2 orange. The art looks amazing, should be darker. Code will be the decider for me. anyone know when we are gonna see some gameplay?

#118 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Spooky is notorious for shit call outs.

exactly! the company who's game won the 2020 TWIPY for "Best Callouts" has completely shit call outs. of course!

Quoted from Hazoff:

I mean PJ Soles? who cares about her role in that film.

exactly! the actress who's dubbed the "Scream Queen" has no place doing any kind of voice work. duh!

Quoted from Hazoff:

Also its 2 orange.

exactly! Whoever thought of orange when they thought of Halloween, should be fired on the spot. Talk about incompetence!

Hazoff, when you finally start a pinball company, count me in!

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

exactly! the company who's game won the 2020 TWIPY for "Best Callouts" has complety shit call outs. of course!

Oh man the Twipy's? That's just sad. Also R and M was a one of kind in terms of Spooky call outs. Every other title when it comes to call outs suck.

Quoted from bigehrl:

exactly! the actress who's dubbed the "Scream Queen" has no place doing any kind of voice work. duh!

Right.
Who the hell thinks of her when it comes to Halloween. Its about Laurie and Loomis.

Quoted from bigehrl:

exactly! Whoever thought of orange when they thought of Halloween should be fired on the spot.

Well we aren't talking about a killer pumpkin here sir. Ok. This film scared the shit out me when I was kid and still does to some degree but I never associated that with a fuckin orange. It was the darkness and the music.

#121 2 years ago

Orange makes sense to me, and I also dont think it is too orange.

Like I think Deadpool IS too red

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Also R and M was a one of kind in terms of Spooky call outs.

Gotta agree there

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Oh man the Twipy's? That's just sad. Also R and M was a one of kind in terms of Spooky call outs. Every other title when it comes to call outs suck.

Huh?!?

Rob Zombie callouts are awesome! Even though a lot of people don't like the game, most acknowledge the callouts are great. Beyond R&M and RZ...I guess I can't really argue. AMH and ACNC weren't exactly good. **understatement**

I'm interested in both versions of this new game, but I have to admit, I'm not extremely confident in the callouts based on the minuscule amount we've heard. I hope PJ's callouts aren't as valley girl sounding as the one clip in the video, and the Loomis fake is kinda cringy. We'll see. I still think they both look somewhere between interesting and awesome.

#125 2 years ago

I know that some people bagged on Alice Cooper's callouts in ACNC, but I disagree. I think they work perfectly for the vibe and go very well with the game. I can't speak to the other Spooky games, but there are at least 2 (R&M being the other) where I think the call outs are great. To each their own I guess...

#126 2 years ago

Looks very good! 4 levels that is amazing!

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Gotta agree there

I'm sorry but you guys are dead wrong here. Say what you want about RZ as a whole product, but it has the best callouts in pinball. It's not even up for discussion, Sid Haig outdid himself there.

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from theadicts77:

I'm sorry but you guys are dead wrong here. Say what you want about RZ as a whole product, but it has the best callouts in pinball. It's not even up for discussion, Sid Haig outdid himself there.

I'll do a little more research, thanks.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Orange makes sense to me, and I also dont think it is too orange.
Like I think Deadpool IS too red

Deadpool and Ghostbusters might be my two all time favorite playfields. Zombie Yeti is without a doubt my favorite artist working in pinball. Stern hiring him and Keith Elwin were two of the best hires in pinball. Back to Spooky, I think Jason Edmiston absolutely crushed it on the backglass and cabinet artwork. Among the best ever. His work reminds me of Christopher Franchi. With that said, I think it's okay to admit that the playfield artwork is just okay. The bottom half is really good, but as my eye works it's way up the shotlines seem to stand out with the knives and blood floating a bit. I much prefer when an artist works shotlines and inserts into the artwork, like the katana's on Deadpool. Still an amazing overall package, but if he continues in the hobby, that's where I'd provide some constructive criticism.

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Deadpool and Ghostbusters might be my two all time favorite playfields. Zombie Yeti is without a doubt my favorite artist working in pinball. Stern hiring him and Keith Elwin were two of the best hires in pinball. Back to Spooky, I think Jason Edmiston absolutely crushed it on the backglass and cabinet artwork. Among the best ever. With that said, I think it's okay to admit that the playfield is just okay. The bottom half is really good, but as my eye works it's way up the shotlines don't seem to blend in the best. I much prefer when an artist works them into the artwork, like the katana's on Deadpool. Still an amazing overall package, but if he continues in the hobby, that's where I'd provide some constructive criticism.

Dont get me wrong, Zombie is by far my favorite pinball artist but I couldn't distinguish a lot of stuff on that playfield. Now GB is great as it is, i love that one.

#131 2 years ago

I just don't think there is a game where the inserts are worked into the artwork more seamlessly then Deadpool. Whatever the workflow between artist and designer was on that game is the standard others should try to replicate...IMHO.

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

exactly! the company who's game won the 2020 TWIPY for "Best Callouts" has complety shit call outs. of course!

exactly! Whoever thought of orange when they thought of Halloween, should be fired on the spot. Talk about incompetence!
Hazoff, when you finally start a pinball company, count me in!

Reply wins Pinside for the day. . . . and my respect for ever. . . AMH has some of the best bad humor ever. . . with even the great Dennis Nordman doing work. . . .

If you want to hate on Spooky, just move on. . .

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

1250 Halloween and 500 ultraman

Am I the only one that thinks these limited runs are BS?

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

ugh, I like RZ & crew, just would rather keep original music only, unless you mean new mode/multiball transitions.

My first reaction was hasn't this guy done enough damage to the franchise already?

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from shavenyak:

Am I the only one that thinks these limited runs are BS?

It isn't a limited run, from Spooky, it is the volume they can successfully produce, in an 18 month window. They are maximizing everything they can, to make those 1750 units total. No artificial 'limit' there, at all.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

ugh, I like RZ & crew, just would rather keep original music only, unless you mean new mode/multiball transitions.

My first reaction was hasn't this guy done enough damage to the franchise already?

Quoted from frankmac:

I can go butter or no butter.

For us newbies, what is butter?

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from miracleman:

Quoted from frankmac:

I can go butter or no butter.

For us newbies, what is butter?

Quoted from Wamprat:

The discount Donald Pleasance voice actor in the teaser is a bit of a red flag for me. I would want full audio and video clips from the movie before pulling the trigger on this game.

Yeah, that voice didn't sound so good.

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

To add to all this, trailer for the new movie looks great. I believe it's a 2 part movie.

This coming one is actually number 2 in a trilogy. The first one came out in 2018.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Rob Zombie callouts are awesome!

They stink.

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

I don't buy Sterns because you can play any Stern on location somewhere in almost any decent city. I always choose the hard to find pins to play for my home collection. Spooky makes an awesome pinball machine. I have an ACNC and buying the Halloween tomorrow and can't wait to get a TNA 2.0 when they come out. I also am waiting on delivery of my Alien pin in next couple weeks. Sterns are everywhere..

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Sterns are everywhere..

Yeah but playing JP or TWD or any pin by any manufacturer at home with good volume and proper atmosphere is a much different experience than an arcade or bar.

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I don't buy Sterns because you can play any Stern on location somewhere in almost any decent city. I always choose the hard to find pins to play for my home collection. Spooky makes an awesome piball machine. I have an ACNC and buying the Halloween tomorrow and can't wait to get a TNA 2.0 when they come out. I also am waiting on delivery of my Alien pin in next couple weeks. Sterns are everywhere..

I’d do the same if I lived in the city. Smart.
I own Sterns but, I live far from the city.

#143 2 years ago

Sid Haig as Captain Spaulding saying “shoot the ball chicken fucker” gets my vote for best call out in pinball EVER.

#144 2 years ago

I don't typically tell people that their opinion is wrong, but...

Quoted from Coindork:

Sid Haig as Captain Spaulding saying “shoot the ball chicken fucker” gets my vote for best call out in pinball EVER.

That's not one of my favs, but you're right that Sig crushed it. I actually think all three of them did a great job. Rob sounds really natural, unlike Metallica or Alice Cooper.

I don't think that RZ (layout/rules) is anything special, but I love RZ music, and the callouts are so good that I don't see ever selling that game. Gets ragged on all the time around here, but it's great fun.

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from shavenyak:

This coming one is actually number 2 in a trilogy. The first one came out in 2018.

I sort of feel that Michael guy should have died a few times over by now. The movie a few years ago was awesome.

#146 2 years ago

I’m in for a CE. I like the look of the butter cabinet but I don’t feel it is worth it. It is my understanding that the finish on a butter cab isn’t repairable. Bumps and bruises happen on pins. I can always replace a decal. The same can’t be done on the butter cabinet.

#147 2 years ago

Fully in for the CE

#148 2 years ago

Ordered my CE. Had to sell my ETH for it, so surely it's gonna explode this week. You are welcome, crypto investors.

#149 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I don't typically tell people that their opinion is wrong, but...

I get it u just do it when it doesn't coincide with urs, that's brilliant.

#150 2 years ago

I don't see US spooky club memberships available on website now? Just Canada and International? Maybe I'm crazy I'll check back.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
There are 4,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/3?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.