(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 82.
#1901 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

The grills are definitely separate and should be powder coated on both sides, so you should be able to flip it around.

That is good news. I mean...yeah that is a really crazy thing to be bothered about...but I'd be (slightly) bothered. LOL

#1902 2 years ago

Once my machine arrives I’m going to have one of my co-workers 3-D print something similar to this to cover up the motor of the topper.

B9B8545F-C45C-4354-B3C0-644BFEEDAB7E (resized).jpegB9B8545F-C45C-4354-B3C0-644BFEEDAB7E (resized).jpeg
#1903 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

That is good news. I mean...yeah that is a really crazy thing to be bothered about...but I'd be (slightly) bothered. LOL

What about the side armour, can’t flip that about but guess it’s not in your face to annoy you enough.
The only thing about those speaker covers that was concerning me was that they cover so much of the speaker up but from some of the clips it doesn’t sound bad or muffled.

#1904 2 years ago

I had been second guessing my decision to order a BSE instead of a CE due to my low ceilings. I'm thinking now that the BSE is going to be worth the wait. The iridescent black powdercoat will look better than the gold. The title will look better in that negative space on the backglass than on the topper. Stuff like the speaker grill covers and knives can be easily added. This is just my own aesthetic preference. I'm sure the CE will continue to be the most desirable model.

#1905 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I am just not feeling it. Everything looks great but that speaker panel needs something. Too much empty space of just gold, like it needs some accents/detail.
Not a deal breaker by any means, it just looks off to me.

.. a little blood splatter??

#1906 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I am just not feeling it. Everything looks great but that speaker panel needs something. Too much empty space of just gold, like it needs some accents/detail.
Not a deal breaker by any means, it just looks off to me.

I agree. I have a decal on my ACNC speaker panel. I could not stand the plain black. Looked like a virtual pin or something.

#1907 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

What about the side armour, can’t flip that about but guess it’s not in your face to annoy you enough.
The only thing about those speaker covers that was concerning me was that they cover so much of the speaker up but from some of the clips it doesn’t sound bad or muffled.

I think the pumpkins on the side armor already look so different from the original (with the round button noses) that they do not bother me as much. But I fully admit I'm weird.

I will definitely have to change the flipper button color though. The yellow makes it look so cartoony. Black or even red will look much better.

#1908 2 years ago

More topper pics

20210820_093701 (resized).jpg20210820_093701 (resized).jpg20210820_093709 (resized).jpg20210820_093709 (resized).jpg
#1909 2 years ago

1st game, got a few multiballs and defeated Michael. Trying to control balls during multiball on the main playfield and upper playfields is hard and fun. 1st impressions are really good game is fun, playfields look amazing.

20210820_132148_HDR (resized).jpg20210820_132148_HDR (resized).jpg
#1910 2 years ago

Have there been any adjustments to the music or addition of film footage / animations since the Deadflip stream?

Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

1st game, got a few multiballs and defeated Michael. Trying to control balls during multiball on the main playfield and upper playfields is hard and fun. 1st impressions are really good game is fun, playfields look amazing.
[quoted image]

#1911 2 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

'el space'... Spanish for... 'the space'!

el_nino (resized).jpgel_nino (resized).jpg
#1912 2 years ago

If you could comment on the overall span of the topper knife movement id appreciate it. So far it doesn’t seem like it raises all that much - possibly just a few inches.

#1913 2 years ago

How tall is the machine with the topper?

#1914 2 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

[quoted image]

You already defeated Michael? I figured this would be the very end of doing everything.

#1915 2 years ago

Got my first game in. I need to play better.

FE980B0F-1540-4C31-A878-7B180616678C (resized).jpegFE980B0F-1540-4C31-A878-7B180616678C (resized).jpeg
#1916 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Got my first game in. I need to play better.
[quoted image]

…….and? Would love if someone could video or at least explain how the topper works

#1917 2 years ago

Can you see the knife going into the cab and behind the glass?

Have more assets been added? Music, film clips. Come on people, you know what we need!!

#1918 2 years ago

The topper on the back box does seem pretty tall.

#1919 2 years ago

Did these start shipping or is that at Spooky ?

#1920 2 years ago

Never mind I see thats at a show .

#1921 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

You already defeated Michael? I figured this would be the very end of doing everything.

…You can’t Kill the bogeyman

#1922 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Honestly I don't really know. Got pretty deep into the multiballs. at the end of the game it Told me I defeated Michael, so maybe there's more. It's way to loud now maybe tomorrow morning when game bringers get the extra hour I can focus on what I'm accomplishing.

#1923 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

…You can’t Kill the bogeyman

Ah, this is true....!

#1924 2 years ago

The gold vein powder coat looks great in person.

#1925 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

…….and? Would love if someone could video or at least explain how the topper works

35A872E6-E831-4852-BDA8-6615D96FFA9B (resized).jpeg35A872E6-E831-4852-BDA8-6615D96FFA9B (resized).jpeg
#1926 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

[quoted image]

Can’t imagine it staying like that for production ( wiring and exposure wise) but what a cool idea!!! I’ve wanted to stab several of my games on occasion….

#1927 2 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

Honestly I don't really know. Got pretty deep into the multiballs. at the end of the game it Told me I defeated Michael, so maybe there's more. It's way to loud now maybe tomorrow morning when game bringers get the extra hour I can focus on what I'm accomplishing.

No video?

#1928 2 years ago

Videos for this pin seems to be as elusive as Michael.

#1929 2 years ago

Either Spooky is requesting they not video the Topper in action, or it's not coded, or we need some better dang videographers!

#1930 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Either Spooky is requesting they not video the Topper in action, or it's not coded, or we need some better dang videographers!

I never request anyone not video! I can take a video for you myself tomorrow if I remember!

#1931 2 years ago

Who doesn't like butter?

PXL_20210821_022738943 (resized).jpgPXL_20210821_022738943 (resized).jpg
#1932 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

The Spooky crew at the show doesn't have a problem with anyone taking pictures or videos, as many did it including myself. And I saw it moving a fair amount on games I was watching. The machines look great, the cabinet art and playfields must be seen in person to be appreciated.

#1933 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I never request anyone not video! I can take a video for you myself tomorrow if I remember!

Sweet!!! Let the stabbing begin.....great idea!!

#1934 2 years ago

I’m about 1.5 years into this hobby ,and the one thing I’ve learned that’s all important is never try to will what you want into a theme .Very simple 1)Theme announced 2)Get exited or don’t 3)If exited ,just let the team do they’re thing 4)Watch trailer and keep composed 5)Let the team do they’re thing 6)When streamed ,focus on the ball movement nothing else 7)Let the team do they’re thingGet your landing spot ready 9)Let the team do they’re thing 10) It arrives ,try to keep your pants from splitting 11)It’s yours to explore and tweaks will come it’s not a polished product yet 12)If your Meh on it ,let it bake .We all know to fully get a grip on a game it takes plays and lots of them .What I’m trying to say is I trust these people with what they’re doing .They’re not going to flop out these pins without a good workout and I greatly appreciate that .They know what this title means to us and they will give us they’re best .I feel very lucky to have one locked in .After all ,It’s Fing Halloween !

#1935 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

The Spooky crew at the show doesn't have a problem with anyone taking pictures or videos, as many did it including myself. And I saw it moving a fair amount on games I was watching. The machines look great, the cabinet art and playfields must be seen in person to be appreciated.

Looks like I'm going for butter, I like!!!

#1936 2 years ago

Saw this in my neighborhood. Needs some door magnets...

20210801_163803 (resized).jpg20210801_163803 (resized).jpg
#1937 2 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

How tall is the machine with the topper?

This!

#1938 2 years ago

I'll be honest. I have watched the dead flip stream twice and it puts me to sleep. The reason being this game has no pop bumpers. I'm not saying every game has to have them but it feels like throwing a ball back and forth. Flip and the ball comes right back to you like Alice Cooper. Atleast Steve Ritchie had something to keep it in motion like the rev mechanic in No Fear. Many people confuse "flow" as point and shoot. Pumpkin pop bumbers would have looked so cool in this game and kept the game in suspense. Maybe the upper playfield does this but it didn't work in AC.

#1939 2 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

I'll be honest. I have watched the dead flip stream twice and it puts me to sleep. The reason being this game has no pop bumpers. I'm not saying every game has to have them but it feels like throwing a ball back and forth. Flip and the ball comes right back to you like Alice Cooper. Atleast Steve Ritchie had something to keep it in motion like the rev mechanic in No Fear. Many people confuse "flow" as point and shoot. Pumpkin pop bumbers would have looked so cool in this game and kept the game in suspense. Maybe the upper playfield does this but it didn't work in AC.

I am also disappointed there are no pop bumpers but I am keeping an open mind. Every game I have played with no pops definitely feels off. But so far love what I am seeing. Looking forward to video updates that are really needed and also music.

#1940 2 years ago

Stern style Pop bumpers are the biggest waste of playfield space in pinball.

Super pops!

Super zzzz.

Exposed pops however … different story.

rd

69D1B70E-3844-4AE2-B7D5-4D5268604657 (resized).jpeg69D1B70E-3844-4AE2-B7D5-4D5268604657 (resized).jpeg
#1941 2 years ago

I can think of a few WPC games where the pop bumpers were a waste of space, Whitewater for one.

#1942 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I can think of a few WPC games where the pop bumpers were a waste of space, Whitewater for one.

For sure.

Games like The Shadow are missing nothing without them.

rd

#1943 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Stern style Pop bumpers are the biggest waste of playfield space in pinball.

I would go so far as to say MOST pops from any manufacturer are totally over-rated. Example: STh has turned into an awesome game. How does the ball going up the dead-end right orbit, bouncing around a bit, then falling out of the same controlled lane add anything? Unless you just need to hear solenoids thumping.

I have a lot of popular games, and most of them release the ball from the pops down a controlled lane (MM, AFM, TOTAN, EHOH, SW, JP2, STTNG, SS, BoP, etc.). CV at least puts the rising pop exposed in the middle. And games like TNA, R&M, and RZ add an interesting spin with exposed pops. Just adding 3 pops to one of the top corners with a controlled exit adds nothing to me.

#1944 2 years ago

For all the people crying about the topper wire I suppose you could drill a hole through the top of the head and dress it up better. If you were so inclined. I don’t think it requires a giant 3D printed plastic cover over it. In a line up you are not going to see it anyway.

#1945 2 years ago

#1946 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I would go so far as to say MOST pops from any manufacturer are totally over-rated. Example: STh has turned into an awesome game. How does the ball going up the dead-end right orbit, bouncing around a bit, then falling out of the same controlled lane add anything? Unless you just need to hear solenoids thumping.
I have a lot of popular games, and most of them release the ball from the pops down a controlled lane (MM, AFM, TOTAN, EHOH, SW, JP2, STTNG, SS, BoP, etc.). CV at least puts the rising pop exposed in the middle. And games like TNA, R&M, and RZ add an interesting spin with exposed pops. Just adding 3 pops to one of the top corners with a controlled exit adds nothing to me.

The purpose of pop bumpers is to change up the feel of a game. The ball has something to do and gives a player a sense if satisfaction while breaking the repetativeness. Other wise it feels like hit the ball up,comes back down,hit ball up,comes back down over and over. This is why I don't like Alice Cooper. There is a reason they exist. I think Whitewater is a perfect example,there is a dead space under an upper playfield and nothing else would work like drop targets etc. Great filler.

#1947 2 years ago

How are the LEDs looking in person? I know on the Dead Flip stream they looked really bright.

#1948 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Looks like I'm going for butter, I like!!!

It looks fantastic in person! The regular cabinet looks good, but you can see the color difference between the two.

PXL_20210821_021657970 (resized).jpgPXL_20210821_021657970 (resized).jpgPXL_20210821_021705949 (resized).jpgPXL_20210821_021705949 (resized).jpg
#1949 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

It looks fantastic in person! The regular cabinet looks good, but you can see the color difference between the two.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Surprised you can tell such a difference. Looks like the color scale is different on butter…. And for the better

#1950 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Great pic. It really does show a color difference between them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/39?hl=viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.