(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

4 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,837 posts
  • 410 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by SLRage
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

spookypower (resized).jpg
20211116_202512 (resized).jpg
20211116_202521 (resized).jpg
20211116_202529 (resized).jpg
20211116_202606 (resized).jpg
20211116_202554 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20211109_150123648 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211109_150112674 (resized).jpg
CA154FD5-0FAB-44F8-BC8B-6F62B9183CF1 (resized).jpeg
Polish_20211031_164541661 (resized).jpg
21C0BCF1-DF86-43C4-8F3B-20E22D201902 (resized).jpeg
B7171E27-78E9-4247-94A2-8D71ED8C6E46 (resized).jpeg
5187732F-EF6F-4E5F-95A9-F9371F52F5CE (resized).jpeg
65864F9D-221D-46D2-AFDC-17F3E8251C75 (resized).jpeg
3CF2CA7A-47AA-4C8A-8CC6-BAA911FE8C57 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,837 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 77.
#1851 3 months ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Pinball browser only works on Stern SAM, Spike, and Williams WPC I think

I used pinball browser on RZ. Worked great. I’m not sure about the newer board sets, especially the Pinotaur or whatever with HWN. We’re likely stuck with the original sounds, but that’s probably a good thing.

#1852 3 months ago

For the list- I am #88 CE spooky

#1853 3 months ago

Has anyone been asked about butter cab yet, meaning their order is getting close to ship? Been pretty quiet lately,,,

#1854 3 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Has anyone been asked about butter cab yet, meaning their order is getting close to ship? Been pretty quiet lately,,,

not yet...patiently waiting - I'm thinking I should hear from them next week.

#1855 3 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Nope. #63 for reference.

#1856 3 months ago

Big fan of this game. But don't understand the middle (asylum?) playfield? Looks like 3 or four ways off of it. What's the objective? And what is there is shoot at on that playfield? Maybe it needs a "butt pretzel"

#1857 3 months ago

sorry, what is there to shoot at?

#1858 3 months ago

Now I just need the correct machine to put it on!

20210819_102613 (resized).jpg20210819_102619 (resized).jpg
#1859 3 months ago
#1860 3 months ago

Haha Just got mine in the mail too!

#1861 3 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Haha Just got mine in the mail too!

First!!!

#1862 3 months ago

Oops wrong thread

#1863 3 months ago

Two week inspection period on the first batch. I think they won’t begin shipping till first week of sept.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

#1864 3 months ago

Looks like troops on the ground at the SFGE who are doing setup are reporting that there is 1 Halloween and 1 Ultraman game on the floor. Can't wait to see both of them tomorrow afternoon!

#1865 3 months ago

2 and 2.
I'm on standby due to rain, before I can finish loading up and head over.

Screenshot_20210819-151924 (resized).png
#1866 3 months ago

Cant wait to hear your input!

Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

2 and 2.
[quoted image]

#1867 3 months ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Looks like troops on the ground at the SFGE who are doing setup are reporting that there is 1 Halloween and 1 Ultraman game on the floor. Can't wait to see both of them tomorrow afternoon!

Shoot some video of Halloween if possible please!!

#1868 3 months ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

2 and 2.
[quoted image]

Looks like there is a cover on the topper on the Halloween motor which is awesome

#1869 3 months ago

I'm still confused how they got the UL listing.

I heard it's a real bitch to get.

Anyway, wish I was closer and could play a few!

#1870 3 months ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Looks like there is a cover on the topper on the Halloween motor which is awesome

? Looks the same to me

#1871 3 months ago

Probably no ul listing unless it’s specified

Quoted from Beechwood:

I'm still confused how they got the UL listing.
I heard it's a real bitch to get.
Anyway, wish I was closer and could play a few!

#1872 3 months ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Big fan of this game. But don't understand the middle (asylum?) playfield? Looks like 3 or four ways off of it. What's the objective? And what is there is shoot at on that playfield? Maybe it needs a "butt pretzel"

I believe the goal is to hit each standup target, then the scoop, then the exit to the shooter lane as a bonus.

#1873 3 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I believe the goal is to hit each standup target, then the scoop, then the exit to the shooter lane as a bonus.

Hopefully after this show, we'll have more video and answers..

#1874 3 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I am #52, (2nd non vip machine) and I haven't heard anything yet.

#1875 3 months ago

They look Great! Didn't get to see them on by the time I got there today.

20210819_212412_HDR (resized).jpg
#1876 3 months ago

Wonder why no knife shooter rods on these?

#1877 3 months ago
Quoted from jk2171:

No special shooter on UM either. They probably are just saving them for the games they are building. They do look good! Can’t wait for my Halloween!!

#1878 3 months ago

I love that they did the speaker panel in gold too.

#1879 3 months ago
Quoted from jk2171:

These are prototypes is why

#1880 3 months ago

I can finally picture the knife going through the translite from the pics above. The dark part of the translite must be open and that giant knife just slips on in. It’s going to look epic

#1881 3 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can finally picture the knife going through the translite from the pics above. The dark part of the translite must be open and that giant knife just slips on in. It’s going to look epic

Oh man, if you are right HELL YES! Would make sense since it appears the knife is full size. Why else would it be!

#1882 3 months ago

What do mean by “open”? Do you think the dark part of the backglass is translucent and that you’ll see the knife go into the head through the glass? Might be cool to mod the tip with a red led strip so it lights up like a bloody stab wound in the pumpkin.

Quoted from delt31:

#1883 3 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Shoot some video of Halloween if possible please!!

And please hold still and don’t move around lol.

#1884 3 months ago

Spooky please put a cover over the topper motor. I wish the backglass still had Halloween written on it though. My only two gripes. I understand why you didn’t want it written on the backglass plus the topper, but to me looks weird. Not used to that.

#1885 3 months ago

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Spooky please put a cover over the topper motor. I wish the backglass still had Halloween written on it though. My only two gripes. I understand why you didn’t want it written on the backglass plus the topper, but to me looks weird. Not used to that.

Maybe Spooky will let you swap it out?

#1886 3 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hmm, going back through pics, seems like the slit is fairly far back. Who has another Spooky pin here that can measure how far back in the head the backglass sits?

Screenshot_20210819-214828_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1887 3 months ago

So you want the backglass AND the topper to say John Carpenters Halloween? That’s absurd. It was an excellent decision for Spooky to omit the title on the backglass. Classy design choice. I hate seeing games like TMNT or JP where the topper is just the same stupid logo for an extra $1000.00

Also, no one is EVER going to be looking at the side of the topper and it would be easy enough to make a cover yourself if it bothered you that much.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

#1888 3 months ago

The line between the mouth and nose on the pumpkin for the speaker and armour has been annoying me since I first noticed it which was straight away, does it really need to be there? Nobody has mentioned it yet. Must be just me.

Out of the two, Halloween looks much better to me

#1889 3 months ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

... does it really need to be there? Nobody has mentioned it yet. Must be just me.

It's from the movie yes.

#1890 3 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's from the movie yes.

Ahhh yes just found a picture, understand now.

50877EDD-0822-4843-ACD5-2E371C64795E (resized).jpeg
#1891 3 months ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Ahhh yes just found a picture, understand now.
[quoted image]

You could complain aboot them flipping the image on the other speaker panel though

#1892 3 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You could complain aboot them flipping the image on the other speaker panel though

Ha ha no I like that, now my complaint is the right eye isn’t Michaels head lol

33A67A30-9570-4F0D-B8C5-C15B65DFBB0B (resized).jpeg

#1893 3 months ago

My complaint is this is too violent. Can’t Michael just talk it out with Loomis? Does it have to be about Halloween? What about 4th of July? Knives are dangerous. Can’t we use, I don’t know, something more kid friendly like a pillow fight? Other than these things I’ve got 25 more issues with this pin.

I keed, I keed!!

#1894 3 months ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Probably no ul listing unless it’s specified

He's like the comedian that keeps telling the same joke cuz he thinks its funny.

#1895 3 months ago
Quoted from tp:

He's like the comedian that keeps telling the same joke cuz he thinks its funny.

It is funny, unless you are a dr customer, then its yet another pain point! But they are a tough bunch, cause there are many many jokes/painpoints to be had when dealing with RM/jpop.

#1896 3 months ago
Quoted from underlord:

My complaint is this is too violent. Can’t Michael just talk it out with Loomis? Does it have to be about Halloween? What about 4th of July? Knives are dangerous. Can’t we use, I don’t know, something more kid friendly like a pillow fight? Other than these things I’ve got 25 more issues with this pin.
I keed, I keed!!

Theres one guy putting bobblehead Michaels and cartoony Halloween stuff all over his! Should look swell!

#1897 3 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Aww crap. That's going to set my OCD off big time! I get the want for symmetry in most cases, but not in a case like this. It's like when people put on a Star Trek emblem mirrored. It's just wrong. I really hope that's a separate piece and we are able to flip it.

Is this a real complaint? No. But it's one of those goofy little things that will slightly annoy me. That pumpkin is so iconic that I'm really surprised Spooky (or the license) would let mirroring it fly.

#1898 3 months ago

Was thinking what about a joint mod
Came across a clip and thought what about a mode with them being followed in the car with the tune Don’t fear the reaper which is playing on the car radio

#1899 3 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Aww crap. That's going to set my OCD off big time! I get the want for symmetry in most cases, but not in a case like this. It's like when people put on a Star Trek emblem mirrored. It's just wrong. I really hope that's a separate piece and we are able to flip it.
Is this a real complaint? No. But it's one of those goofy little things that will slightly annoy me. That pumpkin is so iconic that I'm really surprised Spooky (or the license) would let mirroring it fly.

The grills are definitely separate and should be powder coated on both sides, so you should be able to flip it around.

#1900 3 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I love that they did the speaker panel in gold too.

I am just not feeling it. Everything looks great but that speaker panel needs something. Too much empty space of just gold, like it needs some accents/detail.

Not a deal breaker by any means, it just looks off to me.

There are 3,837 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 77.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside