(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 82.
#1851 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Pinball browser only works on Stern SAM, Spike, and Williams WPC I think

I used pinball browser on RZ. Worked great. I’m not sure about the newer board sets, especially the Pinotaur or whatever with HWN. We’re likely stuck with the original sounds, but that’s probably a good thing.

#1852 2 years ago

For the list- I am #88 CE spooky

#1853 2 years ago

Has anyone been asked about butter cab yet, meaning their order is getting close to ship? Been pretty quiet lately,,,

#1854 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Has anyone been asked about butter cab yet, meaning their order is getting close to ship? Been pretty quiet lately,,,

not yet...patiently waiting - I'm thinking I should hear from them next week.

#1855 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Nope. #63 for reference.

#1856 2 years ago

Big fan of this game. But don't understand the middle (asylum?) playfield? Looks like 3 or four ways off of it. What's the objective? And what is there is shoot at on that playfield? Maybe it needs a "butt pretzel"

#1857 2 years ago

sorry, what is there to shoot at?

#1858 2 years ago

Now I just need the correct machine to put it on!

20210819_102613 (resized).jpg20210819_102613 (resized).jpg20210819_102619 (resized).jpg20210819_102619 (resized).jpg
#1859 2 years ago
#1860 2 years ago

Haha Just got mine in the mail too!

#1861 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Haha Just got mine in the mail too!

First!!!

#1862 2 years ago

Oops wrong thread

#1863 2 years ago

Two week inspection period on the first batch. I think they won’t begin shipping till first week of sept.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

#1864 2 years ago

Looks like troops on the ground at the SFGE who are doing setup are reporting that there is 1 Halloween and 1 Ultraman game on the floor. Can't wait to see both of them tomorrow afternoon!

#1865 2 years ago

2 and 2.
I'm on standby due to rain, before I can finish loading up and head over.

Screenshot_20210819-151924 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210819-151924 (resized).png
#1866 2 years ago

Cant wait to hear your input!

Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

2 and 2.
[quoted image]

#1867 2 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Looks like troops on the ground at the SFGE who are doing setup are reporting that there is 1 Halloween and 1 Ultraman game on the floor. Can't wait to see both of them tomorrow afternoon!

Shoot some video of Halloween if possible please!!

#1868 2 years ago
Quoted from BertoDRINK1:

2 and 2.
[quoted image]

Looks like there is a cover on the topper on the Halloween motor which is awesome

#1869 2 years ago

I'm still confused how they got the UL listing.

I heard it's a real bitch to get.

Anyway, wish I was closer and could play a few!

#1870 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Looks like there is a cover on the topper on the Halloween motor which is awesome

? Looks the same to me

#1871 2 years ago

Probably no ul listing unless it’s specified

Quoted from Beechwood:

I'm still confused how they got the UL listing.
I heard it's a real bitch to get.
Anyway, wish I was closer and could play a few!

#1872 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Big fan of this game. But don't understand the middle (asylum?) playfield? Looks like 3 or four ways off of it. What's the objective? And what is there is shoot at on that playfield? Maybe it needs a "butt pretzel"

I believe the goal is to hit each standup target, then the scoop, then the exit to the shooter lane as a bonus.

#1873 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I believe the goal is to hit each standup target, then the scoop, then the exit to the shooter lane as a bonus.

Hopefully after this show, we'll have more video and answers..

#1874 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I am #52, (2nd non vip machine) and I haven't heard anything yet.

#1875 2 years ago

They look Great! Didn't get to see them on by the time I got there today.

20210819_212412_HDR (resized).jpg20210819_212412_HDR (resized).jpg
#1876 2 years ago

Wonder why no knife shooter rods on these?

#1877 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

No special shooter on UM either. They probably are just saving them for the games they are building. They do look good! Can’t wait for my Halloween!!

#1878 2 years ago

I love that they did the speaker panel in gold too.

#1879 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

These are prototypes is why

#1880 2 years ago

I can finally picture the knife going through the translite from the pics above. The dark part of the translite must be open and that giant knife just slips on in. It’s going to look epic

#1881 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I can finally picture the knife going through the translite from the pics above. The dark part of the translite must be open and that giant knife just slips on in. It’s going to look epic

Oh man, if you are right HELL YES! Would make sense since it appears the knife is full size. Why else would it be!

#1882 2 years ago

What do mean by “open”? Do you think the dark part of the backglass is translucent and that you’ll see the knife go into the head through the glass? Might be cool to mod the tip with a red led strip so it lights up like a bloody stab wound in the pumpkin.

Quoted from delt31:

#1883 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Shoot some video of Halloween if possible please!!

And please hold still and don’t move around lol.

#1884 2 years ago

Spooky please put a cover over the topper motor. I wish the backglass still had Halloween written on it though. My only two gripes. I understand why you didn’t want it written on the backglass plus the topper, but to me looks weird. Not used to that.

#1885 2 years ago

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Spooky please put a cover over the topper motor. I wish the backglass still had Halloween written on it though. My only two gripes. I understand why you didn’t want it written on the backglass plus the topper, but to me looks weird. Not used to that.

Maybe Spooky will let you swap it out?

#1886 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Hmm, going back through pics, seems like the slit is fairly far back. Who has another Spooky pin here that can measure how far back in the head the backglass sits?

Screenshot_20210819-214828_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210819-214828_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1887 2 years ago

So you want the backglass AND the topper to say John Carpenters Halloween? That’s absurd. It was an excellent decision for Spooky to omit the title on the backglass. Classy design choice. I hate seeing games like TMNT or JP where the topper is just the same stupid logo for an extra $1000.00

Also, no one is EVER going to be looking at the side of the topper and it would be easy enough to make a cover yourself if it bothered you that much.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

#1888 2 years ago

The line between the mouth and nose on the pumpkin for the speaker and armour has been annoying me since I first noticed it which was straight away, does it really need to be there? Nobody has mentioned it yet. Must be just me.

Out of the two, Halloween looks much better to me

#1889 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

... does it really need to be there? Nobody has mentioned it yet. Must be just me.

It's from the movie yes.

#1890 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's from the movie yes.

Ahhh yes just found a picture, understand now.

50877EDD-0822-4843-ACD5-2E371C64795E (resized).jpeg50877EDD-0822-4843-ACD5-2E371C64795E (resized).jpeg
#1891 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Ahhh yes just found a picture, understand now.
[quoted image]

You could complain aboot them flipping the image on the other speaker panel though

#1892 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You could complain aboot them flipping the image on the other speaker panel though

Ha ha no I like that, now my complaint is the right eye isn’t Michaels head lol

33A67A30-9570-4F0D-B8C5-C15B65DFBB0B (resized).jpeg33A67A30-9570-4F0D-B8C5-C15B65DFBB0B (resized).jpeg

#1893 2 years ago

My complaint is this is too violent. Can’t Michael just talk it out with Loomis? Does it have to be about Halloween? What about 4th of July? Knives are dangerous. Can’t we use, I don’t know, something more kid friendly like a pillow fight? Other than these things I’ve got 25 more issues with this pin.

I keed, I keed!!

#1894 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Probably no ul listing unless it’s specified

He's like the comedian that keeps telling the same joke cuz he thinks its funny.

#1895 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

He's like the comedian that keeps telling the same joke cuz he thinks its funny.

It is funny, unless you are a dr customer, then its yet another pain point! But they are a tough bunch, cause there are many many jokes/painpoints to be had when dealing with RM/jpop.

#1896 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

My complaint is this is too violent. Can’t Michael just talk it out with Loomis? Does it have to be about Halloween? What about 4th of July? Knives are dangerous. Can’t we use, I don’t know, something more kid friendly like a pillow fight? Other than these things I’ve got 25 more issues with this pin.
I keed, I keed!!

Theres one guy putting bobblehead Michaels and cartoony Halloween stuff all over his! Should look swell!

#1897 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Aww crap. That's going to set my OCD off big time! I get the want for symmetry in most cases, but not in a case like this. It's like when people put on a Star Trek emblem mirrored. It's just wrong. I really hope that's a separate piece and we are able to flip it.

Is this a real complaint? No. But it's one of those goofy little things that will slightly annoy me. That pumpkin is so iconic that I'm really surprised Spooky (or the license) would let mirroring it fly.

#1898 2 years ago

Was thinking what about a joint mod
Came across a clip and thought what about a mode with them being followed in the car with the tune Don’t fear the reaper which is playing on the car radio

#1899 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Aww crap. That's going to set my OCD off big time! I get the want for symmetry in most cases, but not in a case like this. It's like when people put on a Star Trek emblem mirrored. It's just wrong. I really hope that's a separate piece and we are able to flip it.
Is this a real complaint? No. But it's one of those goofy little things that will slightly annoy me. That pumpkin is so iconic that I'm really surprised Spooky (or the license) would let mirroring it fly.

The grills are definitely separate and should be powder coated on both sides, so you should be able to flip it around.

#1900 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I love that they did the speaker panel in gold too.

I am just not feeling it. Everything looks great but that speaker panel needs something. Too much empty space of just gold, like it needs some accents/detail.

Not a deal breaker by any means, it just looks off to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.