(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
IMG_20220209_222729__01.jpg

There are 4,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 82.
#1801 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I might go with this powder coat [quoted image]

Wow that’s nice. Might look good on a Williams IJ as well

#1802 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I heard the powder coating looks much better in person and probably is close to your sample there.

#1803 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I heard the powder coating looks much better in person and probably is close to your sample there.

That's cool, it looks very gold In the photos, but definitly a wait as see. Can't wait!

#1804 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I heard that also .My bud said it was visually stunning ,couldn’t keep his eyes of it .This whole process has been top shelf and I’m glad to be a part of it .

#1805 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Those last two haven't sold, you know. And if people want to keep their pre-order spot, sell it at cost, or sell it for megabucks, how does this affect you? It's a weird thing to be upset about. Every single person except you could sell their spot and nothing at all about your pre-order or the game you'll receive would change.
No idea what the Deeproot comment is about, either. You're the one who bet on that nag, not me. That said, I never poked fun at you guys and always hoped you'd get your games, or at least your money back. I still do.

1st of all I wasnt talking about you when I mentioned the deeproot thing. That person knows for a fact that I was talking to him and only him.
Thanks for not being one of those guys I appreciate that.

Now if you can do me a favor. Please go back and read my post again.

I clearly mentioned it would be "nice" "if" "spooky" kicked everyone that was "$calping" their machines to the back of the line.
If they did that everyone behind that # would move up 1 spot everytime someone $calped their machine.
Think of it as a penalty for having spooky waste time on having to switch out the names and what else goes with it, not to mention the fact it takes them away from building our machines.
If spooky did that it would also stop the $scalpers in their tracks because not many would over pay for the last spots. Only gonna get worse as machines start shipping. And yes $calping is what they are doing. You can call it want you want. So will I thank you.

Do you really believe all these people all of a sudden had a catastrophe in their lives and now have to sell their machine? People dropping 9k+ on a machine "dont" all of a sudden need 2k. They have plenty of money. Wouldn't you think?
The ones selling their machines at cost are probably selling because they realized it's not for them. I like to think of them as the good guys. The ones I contact when I see them selling a game I want cuz I know their good people.
To be honest it does not matter to me one fn bit about the profit thing. It's the line jumping and the fact these people paying over retail will only encourage the $scalpers to do it more and more if it doesn't stop.
You dont think I have the money to buy one of these spots? I choose not to.
If you cant see that I guess we'll agree to disagree.

I'm passionate about both hwn and um to the point I couldn't sleep a wink the night before they went on sale. Took the day off work and was at the ready waiting to order well before the bell rang. Then the crash happened. It was brutal and painful to not be able to make it through checkout.(first world problems lol) But at the end I was happy to have secured a spot for both.

Think of the enjoyment you and your wife felt when you secured your hwn spot!
Well that feeling was × 2 in this household. Hope you and yours enjoy hwn when it arrives!

I've said all I have to say about the subject. Dont believe me, look above.lol

Moving on, hope this cleared things up.

#1806 2 years ago

No one has sold a spot for $2k profit (yet) ...moving on.

Quoted from tp:

1st of all I wasnt talking about you when I mentioned the deeproot thing. That person knows for a fact that I was talking to him and only him.
I clearly mentioned it would be "nice" "if" "spooky" kicked everyone that was "$calping" their machines to the back of the line.
If they did that everyone behind that # would move up 1 spot everytime someone $calped their machine.
Think of it as a penalty for having spooky waste time on having to switch out the names and what else goes with it, not to mention the fact it takes them away from building our machines.
If spooky did that it would also stop the $scalpers in their tracks because not many would over pay for the last spots. Only gonna get worse as machines start shipping. And yes $calping is what they are doing. You can call it want you want. So will I thank you.
Do you really believe all these people all of a sudden had a catastrophe in their lives and now have to sell their machine? People dropping 9k+ on a machine "dont" all of a sudden need 2k. They have plenty of money. Wouldn't you think?
The ones selling their machines at cost are probably selling because they realized it's not for them. I like to think of them as the good guys. The ones I contact when I see them selling a game I want cuz I know their good people.
To be honest it does not matter to me one fn bit about the profit thing. It's the line jumping and the fact these people paying over retail will only encourage the $scalpers to do it more and more if it doesn't stop.
I'm passionate about both hwn and um to the point I couldn't sleep a wink the night before they went on sale. Took the day off work and was at the ready waiting to order well before the bell rang. Then the crash happened. It was brutal and painful to not be able to make it through checkout.(first world problems lol) But at the end I was happy to have secured a spot for both.
Well that feeling was × 2 in this household. Hope you and yours enjoy hwn when it arrives!

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"70e7a6b8e55774bb2eff7f4cddc729819f73ed02-1628990154-1800"};
//]]>

#1807 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No one has sold a spot for $2k profit (yet) ...moving on.

He's just a boomer horny posting.

#1808 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Mmmm looks like Spam Musubi

#1809 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I get where you're coming from, and it's good of you to clear the air. That said, it's hard to say anyone is doing wrong by selling something they own, which is what these pre-order spots are. It's a $2000 down payment voucher for an item, so it's worth at least $2000 to someone else. Whether they desperately need that money or just want it for other pins/entertainment stuff, it's still fair game to sell something they own for whatever reason. I don't think scalping these spots for considerably more money is a cool thing to do, but it's just going to happen if the buyers are there. The big buck pre-order scalping/flipping seems pretty low with this game and UM so far compared to what we've seen with Mandalorian, GnR CE, and Rick & Morty (I can't believe people are paying $500+ over distributor prices for a Mando Pro/Premium, which are going to be on and off the line for 5 more years, but that's another topic).

You put in the effort, and thankfully you got your spots. What everyone else does around you isn't going to stop you from getting your pins on time or change anything about your experience. If this was one of those PS5/Xbox Series X situations where scalpers held the market in their hands for a year, I'd definitely see where you're coming from. But it seems like everyone who wants a HWN/UM has managed to get in, or could get in now with no/minimum extra money.

Hope you enjoy your games too. Cheers.

#1810 2 years ago

He don’t sound horny to me haha

Quoted from Bmanpin:

He's just a boomer horny posting.

#1811 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

He don’t sound horny to me haha

Didn’t to me either lol

#1812 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

First thing in going to do when I unpack the CE is paint the legs flat black. Mod 101

#1813 2 years ago

So when are the first locations supposed to get their games?

#1814 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

So when are the first locations supposed to get their games?

I hope soon. And I hope it is posted where people can play them. Besides future shows.

LTG : )

#1815 2 years ago

Thought they said first 30 are built but they will hold them for two weeks for quality control.

#1816 2 years ago

Any mod makers have any good ideas? I have a few but will wait until my game gets here before I implement them

#1817 2 years ago

Blood dripping from the bottom of the cabinet onto the floor. Perhaps a sprayer from the head that sprays blood into your face when you play.

#1818 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Any mod makers have any good ideas? I have a few but will wait until my game gets here before I implement them

Not complaining at all but Ultaman has 3 different looking buildings on the left I believe .Maybe change 1 hedge so he swings out from the back of the station wagon and 1 hedge like he’s swinging out from behind a tree or a couch although with that the sizes won’t jive .Other than that swap the pumpkin scoop for the mask since theres other pumpkins on the CE ? Something with the asylum patients 3d in the first upper ? This game is stuffed as it is I’m extremely happy with that but am always game for something that makes sense and is presented well .I’m all for personalizing with keepers

#1819 2 years ago

These people did such a great job on the looks of this pin it’s unreal .Just came to me , make a custom tombstone with the owners name on it to mount on the plastic next to MMs sisters .Now thats personalizing a pin !

#1820 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

These people did such a great job on the looks of this pin it’s unreal .Just came to me , make a custom tombstone with the owners name on it to mount on the plastic next to MMs sisters .Now thats personalizing a pin !

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/halloween-and-ultraman-modders-come-on-in

#1821 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Not complaining at all but Ultaman has 3 different looking buildings on the left ...

Yet another reason why Ultraman rocks!

Just sayin .

#1822 2 years ago

IMAG0630_1 (resized).jpgIMAG0630_1 (resized).jpg
#1823 2 years ago

Do we know yet for sure whether this game will be at SFGE later this week? I assume so, since Spooky has an official presence and Charlie is giving a talk, but it would be good to know with certainty that I will get to see it in person sometime this weekend!!!

#1824 2 years ago

Was watching YouTube and saw this in a pawn shop .
The ultimate topper ?

IMG_20210815_203304 (resized).jpgIMG_20210815_203304 (resized).jpgIMG_20210815_203336 (resized).jpgIMG_20210815_203336 (resized).jpg
#1825 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Not complaining at all but Ultaman has 3 different looking buildings on the left I believe

IMHO It makes sense that the hedges are the same while the buildings are different.

The hedge is in the movie and MM is one guy that you are chasing/being chased by, and don't know where he will pop out.

In Ultraman, the alien kaiju Baltan replicates himself to confuse the enemy, so multiple huge Baltans in a broken cityscape is a different situation.

#1826 2 years ago

Looking at the for sale ads, we are now seeing lots of people trying to unload their game. I rushed to get a deposit down on a CE just like most here and still ended up around #900.
I don’t care that all these guys are dumping because of that ridiculous Jack Danger video that contained a quarter of the sounds and assets. I know this game will be good once it’s finished. I just wished I would have waited and scooped up one of these earlier numbers for the same price or lower from these panic sellers.
Hindsight I guess..

#1827 2 years ago

The real question is why do all three of the CE Halloween for sale on Market right now have almost the *exact same text*, but yet is from 3 different users. The BSE that's for sale is different, so I'm pretty sure it's not a "Pinside thing"....but it does make me wonder. I'm sure it's just a total coincidence that all of these three accounts have under 20 posts, as well......right?
wut (resized).pngwut (resized).png

#1828 2 years ago

I didn’t notice that one was a was a bloodsuckers edition. Im mostly only seeing CE’s, but man I wish I was at least in the 600’s.

#1829 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

The real question is why do all three of the CE Halloween for sale on Market right now have almost the *exact same text*, but yet is from 3 different users. The BSE that's for sale is different, so I'm pretty sure it's not a "Pinside thing"....but it does make me wonder. I'm sure it's just a total coincidence that two of these three accounts have under 20 posts, as well......right?
[quoted image]

Flippers or just lazy copy and paste people. Probably the latter

#1830 2 years ago
Quoted from Otto110:

Flippers or just lazy copy and paste people. Probably the latter

If that's the case then why be arsed to change literally one character? From and 8 to a 6? Or vice versa? You're really going to bother for 20 dollars when you couldn't even CHANGE THE NUMBER OF THE GAME??? THE FIRST TWO BOTH SAY THE SAME GAME NUMBER.

#1831 2 years ago

Even if UM ends up with the superior final code the theme does nothing for me. Halloween will always top it for me.

#1832 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

If that's the case then why be arsed to change literally one character? From and 8 to a 6? Or vice versa? You're really going to bother for 20 dollars when you couldn't even CHANGE THE NUMBER OF THE GAME??? THE FIRST TWO BOTH SAY THE SAME GAME NUMBER.

You’re right Frax

I didn’t notice the game numbers. I don’t use emojis, but that hand up, I’m not buying this bullshit one is great.

#1833 2 years ago

Why are people flipping this game for so little? Is it going to be that bad lol
Not even sure why they bought in the first place, probably thought they could flip for more! I do not think they intended on keeping the game.

#1834 2 years ago
Quoted from Otto110:

You’re right Frax
I didn’t notice the game numbers. I don’t use emojis, but that hand up, I’m not buying this bullshit one is great.

I wish I had it on my phone's built in keyboard. I'd use it all...the...time.

#1835 2 years ago
Quoted from Otto110:

Looking at the for sale ads, we are now seeing lots of people trying to unload their game. I rushed to get a deposit down on a CE just like most here and still ended up around #900.
I don’t care that all these guys are dumping because of that ridiculous Jack Danger video that contained a quarter of the sounds and assets. I know this game will be good once it’s finished. I just wished I would have waited and scooped up one of these earlier numbers for the same price or lower from these panic sellers.
Hindsight I guess..

There is a guy on the Facebook page needing a later number because of house reno..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/halloweenpinball

Hey all! I have #88 through spooky, but trying to see if I can go down the list a bit if possible with a swap (higher the number the better). Home remodeling over the next year or so and won't have space/time/etc to set it up and if I would receive this early I'd just put it in storage for a good while.
I'm assuming swapping numbers only works within the same source of purchase (direct/distributors).

#1836 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Why are people flipping this game for so little? Is it going to be that bad lol
Not even sure why they bought in the first place, probably thought they could flip for more! I do not think they intended on keeping the game.

People are backing out. I wouldn't call most of the spots for sale "flipping". There are still games available from a couple distributors, so no on will be making big money on a flip right now.

#1837 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I’m with you here. I like everything I see except those open LED strips.

You will be able to dimm LED's in the setup!

#1838 2 years ago

With a pre-ordee there's always going to be a bunch of people backing out

#1839 2 years ago

It's a little heavy and stressful but damn would this be killer in the soundtrack. Takes about 18 seconds to really get rolling.

#1840 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

It's a little heavy and stressful but damn would this be killer in the soundtrack. Takes about 18 seconds to really get rolling.

One of the best decisions made about these new movies is keeping Carpenter involved for the scores.

#1841 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

I could only buy two variants of the wax because I maxed out my Halloween budget on the damn machine.

#1842 2 years ago
Quoted from Darscot:

Nice, on sale (pre-order) now!

https://waxworkrecords.com/collections/all/products/halloween-kills

#1843 2 years ago

I’m sure someone will do a sound mod a la cleland on HWN for sure. Would be cool to insert all the best music from the entire franchise (Just to switch it up from time to time) The original 78 music is so classic but there’s not a ton of material. Can’t wait here more of the Count D music for HWN as well. What I’ve heard so far sound VERY COOL and I’m real nit picky about music.

Quoted from Darscot:

#1844 2 years ago

nope you won't see that

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m sure someone will do a sound mod a la cleland on HWN for sure. Would be cool to insert all the best music from the entire
franchise (Just to switch it up from time to time) The original 78 music is so classic but there’s not a ton of material. Can’t wait here more of the Count D music for HWN as well. What I’ve heard so far sound VERY COOL and I’m real nit picky about music.

#1845 2 years ago

I completely forgot about the 2nd part of this: "The complete original film score and newly inspired by the classic film music from Matt “Count D” Montgomery"

Any of the new Carpenter Halloween music would be a good addition too if possible.

I think that Spooky has their game images encrypted which would prevent any sound mods, unlike Stern where you can update them with Pinball-browser.

#1846 2 years ago

o k . w h y t h o?

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

nope you won't see that

#1847 2 years ago

I found out one of my friends is getting a Halloween. It’s his favorite movie, so I’m glad he is getting it.

The collections are moving around to accommodate. Just watch.

#1848 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I found out one of my friends is getting a Halloween. It’s his favorite movie, so I’m glad he is getting it.
The collections are moving around to accommodate. Just watch.

Yup. Sold 2 to make room

#1849 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

o k . w h y t h o?

Pinball browser only works on Stern SAM, Spike, and Williams WPC I think

#1850 2 years ago

Ahhhh gotcha, thanks didn’t realize

Quoted from Palmer:

Pinball browser only works on Stern SAM, Spike, and Williams WPC I think

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 4,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/37 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.