(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

4 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,837 posts
  • 410 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by SLRage
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

spookypower (resized).jpg
20211116_202512 (resized).jpg
20211116_202521 (resized).jpg
20211116_202529 (resized).jpg
20211116_202606 (resized).jpg
20211116_202554 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20211109_150123648 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211109_150112674 (resized).jpg
CA154FD5-0FAB-44F8-BC8B-6F62B9183CF1 (resized).jpeg
Polish_20211031_164541661 (resized).jpg
21C0BCF1-DF86-43C4-8F3B-20E22D201902 (resized).jpeg
B7171E27-78E9-4247-94A2-8D71ED8C6E46 (resized).jpeg
5187732F-EF6F-4E5F-95A9-F9371F52F5CE (resized).jpeg
65864F9D-221D-46D2-AFDC-17F3E8251C75 (resized).jpeg
3CF2CA7A-47AA-4C8A-8CC6-BAA911FE8C57 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,837 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 77.
#1701 3 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Waste of money. People mistake my clean glass for invisiglass.

I can see a huge difference...immediately, between HD/Invisiglass/PDI vs regular glass. There is no comparison.

Having said that, I know that there is no shortage of people who share your opinion. I will never understand it myself, because I see such a huge difference, but apparently many people don't notice the difference to the same extent.

Believe me, I wish I *didn't* see such a big difference, it would save me quite a bit of money if I didn't.

#1702 3 months ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

My Operation Thunder does this when you run out of fuel, it does add to the tension but its pretty annoying all the same. Especially for people less skilled.

I'm not skilled, but think it would be an ok feature. There has to be some sort of hook to this game that accelerates your pulse rate beyond just shooting to build points without any care in the world. Might as well be Austin Powers or Flintstones if there's no fear of Michael Myers for at least some portion of game play.

#1703 3 months ago
Quoted from RobT:

I can see a huge difference...immediately, between HD/Invisiglass/PDI vs regular glass. There is no comparison.
Having said that, I know that there is no shortage of people who share your opinion. I will never understand it myself, because I see such a huge difference, but apparently many people don't notice the difference to the same extent.
Believe me, I wish I *didn't* see such a big difference, it would save me quite a bit of money if I didn't.

I'm way in this camp w you Rob....major difference for my eyes and all my games have a sheet. Best mod for me except colordmd when applicable.

The Stern stuff looks surprisingly better than I would have thought.

PDI still hands down the best...

#1704 3 months ago

Really happy to have gotten in on this yesterday. Had the choice between this and Ultraman and while UM is a crazy cool theme, the design of this game with the fake living room and hedges and triple playfields and etc. is some of the cleverest stuff I've seen under a pinball glass. Hope it shoots well too, but it's cool enough to take the chance to find out myself. I always miss these Spooky pre-launch sales and got my ACNC and R&M used, it'll be fun to be in from the beginning and watch the countdown and read people's impressions. Mid 500s is my number, so I'm assuming Jan-Mar?

Quoted from TheLaw:

That's what I've always assumed listening to people say "sometimes I reach out becasue i think there's no glass."
I mean I want to believe, but these same folks probably need pinstadiums to see the ball so whom knows

I am one of those people! Pinstadiums (just white/UV, no colors) on dark games so I can see that grey little blob that goes all over, and I've smacked my fingers into Invisiglass multiple times. Hey, 49 and I don't need glasses yet. Mind you this is because I haven't gotten an eye test in 20 years, but never mind that.

#1705 3 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I mean I want to believe, but these same folks probably need pinstadiums to see the ball so whom knows

Never shall a Pinstadium emit rainbows of artificial light on my games...tried it once and couldn't get them off fast enough....PDI w dimmable overhead lighting let's me enjoy the game the way it was meant to be seen...just me.

#1706 3 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Never shall a Pinstadium emit rainbows of artificial light on my games

They're not like that anymore. I still think they're too expensive, and really couldn't care if someone liked them or hated them, but in fairness to the product they don't do the color reflection thing on ramps/metal parts anymore.

#1707 3 months ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

They're not like that anymore. I still think they're too expensive, and really couldn't care if someone liked them or hated them, but in fairness to the product they don't do the color reflection thing on ramps/metal parts anymore.

It doesn't matter to me if others like them...to each their own.

Gets extremely weary to see nothing but their banners in sale items at the bottom of every single freakin thread however. Thought it was addressed at some point, but definitely getting worse.

Marketing genius and serious pinball bank ...gotta give them that..

#1708 3 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

It doesn't matter to me if others like them...to each their own.
Gets extremely weary to see nothing but their banners in sale items at the bottom of every single freakin thread however. Thought it was addressed at some point, but definitely getting worse.
Marketing genius and serious pinball bank ...gotta give them that..

Funny you should say that...

Screenshot_20210812-232937.jpg
#1709 3 months ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Thought it was addressedt..

Quoted from P1nhead:

Funny you should say that...

Hmmm...you shouldn't be seeing them as a Member+ Perhaps there is a settings item?
Edit: yes look in settings-->Forum settings-->
Screenshot_20210812-235557_Firefox.jpg

#1710 3 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hmmm...you shouldn't be seeing them as a Member+ Perhaps there is a settings item?
Edit: yes look in settings-->Forum settings-->
[quoted image]

Best post of the night!...Thanks!!

#1711 3 months ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Waste of money. People mistake my clean glass for invisiglass.

Depends how much you pay, even then it’s worth it for the right glass. We have a group buy here in the UK for our glass. A guy in Hungary who runs the pinball museum there also owns a glass manufacturing company, he makes low reflection (both sides) ultra clear glass with lovely bevelled edges. Normal glass does not compare, you will reach out to touch the ball because you forget the glass is there after working on a machine. I bought 11 sheets for a £1k, best upgrade you can do for that price.

#1712 3 months ago

I find Roman glass to make a huge difference.

I mistakenly assumed my UMCE would come with some sort of antiglare glass. What gives SpookyLuke? Why is this not included with the collector's edition like all other companies? Big bummer.

#1713 3 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I mistakenly assumed my UMCE would come with some sort of antiglare glass. What gives SpookyLuke? Why is this not included with the collector's edition like all other companies? Big bummer.

Yes. I too thought a non-reflective glass would come as standard the CE.
Ahh bugger.

#1714 3 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

What gives SpookyLuke? Why is this not included with the collector's edition like all other companies?

Quoted from Sandman454:

Yes. I too thought a non-reflective glass would come as standard the CE.
Ahh bugger.

A little perspective:

$8995 for a CE. Stern's Mando LE was $9199. $204 is the difference between your standard glass and invisiglass. Given how divisive the opinion on the glass is, probably 50% of potential owners would rather a sub-9000 dollar pin than have antireflective glass (myself not included in that, I love the HD glass). There is also some marketing psychology behind the price point as well and adding that HD glass would either remove that or cut further into the margin.

Let's not even compare the price of Spooky CE versus JJP equivalent.

#1715 3 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

This is Spooky's first ever CE model and they have never had any type of anti glare glass even as an a la carte option. It also was not listed in any of the promo material. It sure would be cool. I have no idea what that stuff might cost in bulk. Anyone have any info on that? Spooky is the perfect company to offer something like that though. Spectral Glass, Ghost Glass, Class 5 Free Roaming Vapor Glass

#1716 3 months ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

.... Spectral Glass, Ghost Glass, Class 5 Free Roaming Vapor Glass

Hahaha Spirit Glass, Banshee Glass, Phantom Glass, its endless.

#1717 3 months ago

the lack of HD glass just a minor frustration...not a big deal. It's awesome that it comes w a topper, kickass side rails, custom knife plunger, speaker covers, and lighted speakers so its a little give and take.

#1718 3 months ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

the lack of HD glass just a minor frustration...not a big deal. It's awesome that it comes w a topper, kickass side rails, speaker covers, and lighted speakers so its a little give and take.

Yep. Easily $800 worth of stuff that you would have to add to the Stern equivalent.

#1719 3 months ago

Reading all this made me chuckle a bit. People threw 9k down immediately for a CE machine without a single concrete video of any play what so ever ( mind you I'm one of them lol ) and yet the conversation rambles on about a $250.00 piece of glass.

Should it have been offered, yeah maybe so it would have been nice. However we did get a topper, upgraded armor package, shaker, speaker RGB lighting, speaker grills, shooter handle and maybe another small thing or two as where we don't get half of that with a Stern LE release.

I really don't mind paying 250 for a sheet of HD, VooDoo, Invisiglass or whichever as I know paying for some of those upgrades would have been more then twice or three times the price of the glass alone.

#1720 3 months ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Stern's Mando LE was $9199.

Clench up your buttholes, if Kaneda is right Godzilla LE is going to be 10k....or more.

Quoted from John-Floyd:

lighted speakers

Do recent Stern LE's not come with that? I was at a local guy's house this other week that had like the last 5 LE's and they all had really nice lit speakers. I thought they had to be factory, but maybe I was wrong?

#1721 3 months ago
Quoted from Frax:

Clench up your buttholes, if Kaneda is right Godzilla LE is going to be 10k....or more.

Do recent Stern LE's not come with that? I was at a local guy's house this other week that had like the last 5 LE's and they all had really nice lit speakers. I thought they had to be factory, but maybe I was wrong?

Stern LEs come with a colorful plastic ring around the upgraded Kenwoods, but no lights.

#1722 3 months ago

Stern LEs come with a colorful plastic ring around the upgraded Kenwoods, but no lights.

Good to know. I'm gonna have to ask that guy what kit he's using then. They were *SUPER* nice looking. Very smooth.

#1723 3 months ago
Quoted from Frax:

Good to know. I'm gonna have to ask that guy what kit he's using then. They were *SUPER* nice looking. Very smooth.

SpeakerLightKits.com has amazing kits. Have em in all ours

Screenshot_20210514-211735_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#1724 3 months ago

Nice paint job there. Looks like a fun room.

#1725 3 months ago

Comparing to stern is not convincing. Even a year ago their LEs were the same price and included the glass. Stern is overpriced. There's no getting around it.

There are threads about antiglare glass, and it is widely popular, so there's no reason to believe any sort of majority wouldn't want it.

It should at least be an option...

#1726 3 months ago

Anyone know if these new Spooky games come with invisiglass?

#1727 3 months ago

I'm amazed what Stern charges for a topper these days and they only make so many of them. Does Stern offer a Topper with their LE models .....

Kudos to Spooky for an awesome topper with the CE pin and the side rails shaker motor knife plunger lighted speaker panels.....I'm sure missing of cool stuff with the CE.

I received a goody box from Spooky two days for fang club membership.

#1728 3 months ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Really happy to have gotten in on this yesterday. Had the choice between this and Ultraman and while UM is a crazy cool theme, the design of this game with the fake living room and hedges and triple playfields and etc. is some of the cleverest stuff I've seen under a pinball glass. Hope it shoots well too, but it's cool enough to take the chance to find out myself. I always miss these Spooky pre-launch sales and got my ACNC and R&M used, it'll be fun to be in from the beginning and watch the countdown and read people's impressions. Mid 500s is my number, so I'm assuming Jan-Mar?

I am one of those people! Pinstadiums (just white/UV, no colors) on dark games so I can see that grey little blob that goes all over, and I've smacked my fingers into Invisiglass multiple times. Hey, 49 and I don't need glasses yet. Mind you this is because I haven't gotten an eye test in 20 years, but never mind that.

You got in yesterday and got #500? How did you pull that off? Did you buy someones preorder spot? Congrats. I am #790

#1729 3 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

You got in yesterday and got #500? How did you pull that off? Did you buy someones preorder spot? Congrats. I am #790

Distributors still have spots with pre allocated numbers.

#1730 3 months ago

Distributors still have spots with pre allocated numbers.

Well I went with the wrong distributor apparently lol

#1731 3 months ago

Well I went with the wrong distributor apparently lol

My theory is that everyone was sleeping on Nitro. Rob and Joe and Chris got bombarded and Nitro still had a bunch left after the initial onslaught. Now folks saw the stream and they go to Nitro to get one and he has spots in each of the distributor blocks of 50. He must have some slots open in earlier blocks.

#1732 3 months ago

Spooky: Gives an amazing topper, laser cut side rails, fancy powder coat, laser cut speaker grills, lit speakers, custom plunger, and more for the extra $1k on the CE. Most of which other companies charge (tons) extra for.
Pinside: Wah that's not enough. Those other companies skip most of that cool stuff but give us...fancy glass.

There is literally never pleasing some people.

#1733 3 months ago

And it's huge that Spooky put a real backglass on every model.

Not a thin piece of plastic, like you get on Stern pro and premium.

#1734 3 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Spooky: Gives an amazing topper, laser cut side rails, fancy powder coat, laser cut speaker grills, lit speakers, custom plunger, and more for the extra $1k on the CE. Most of which other companies charge (tons) extra for.
Pinside: Wah that's not enough. Those other companies skip most of that cool stuff but give us...fancy glass.

If I am paying for glass, I damn well want to see it!

#1735 3 months ago

Easy there fella - No ones crying…just listing the give and takes. Clearly stated if you took the time to read the posts…

#1736 3 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

LOL...ok that's the funniest thing I've seen today.

Sorry guys...it just rubbed me wrong that with SO many extras being added to the CE, people are still not satisfied. Trust me, I get wanting my cake and eating it too. Snapped back harder than I needed to though.

#1737 3 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Sorry guys...it just rubbed me wrong that with SO many extras being added to the CE, people are still not satisfied. Trust me, I get wanting my cake and eating it too. Snapped back harder than I needed to though.

I think we are all satisfied. Nothing much left to do, but wait and pick nits, lol.

#1738 3 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

#1739 3 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

All good! The entire CE package is astounding- hence why I ordered after only seeing their short promo video. Can’t wait to get the email in the next week or so asking butter or no butter!

Finding HD glass in stock somewhere can just be a pain sometimes that’s all! Minor concern at this point and I probably shouldn’t have mentioned it at all - Wasn’t trying to dog them.

#1740 3 months ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I don't think that making a comment that you would like something is complaining. HD glass was not listed as a feature before I ordered and as such I was not expecting it to be included. If people don't voice there requests nothing will improve. I have a small pin collection two of which came with HD glass. I think those two machines look much better. I recently bought two sheets of PDI glass at a cost of $794.98 to upgrade two of my machines (Elvira and CV) and plan to upgrade the glass on the rest eventually. I would much prefer to have my games shipped with HD glass (even with an up charge) so that I don't have to deal with the hassle of ordering replacements and then store the non HD glass. Shipping glass is expensive and this expense can be eliminated if it comes with your pin. In my mind a CE should be the best of the best and come with all the bells and whistles. If you don't want all of the bells and whistles, get a lower tiered machine.

#1741 3 months ago

My theory is that everyone was sleeping on Nitro. Rob and Joe and Chris got bombarded and Nitro still had a bunch left after the initial onslaught. Now folks saw the stream and they go to Nitro to get one and he has spots in each of the distributor blocks of 50. He must have some slots open in earlier blocks.

Incorrect. We sold them in sequence as orders came in and are now in the 800’s. We were flooded with orders opening day. If you have a later number....you ordered later.

#1742 3 months ago

I didn't expect HD to come with the pin, I am fine with the business model. But I do hope they will offer it in addition to buttercab as an add-on due to shipping costs etc.
I would only bother with HD if there were things to watch in the back of the pf that the monitor reflection was hiding. LOTR for example. Or Halloween.

#1743 3 months ago

Thanks. Yep, to clear things up I bought someone's spot. And for no extra money, just the deposit. So that's cool, now I can buy Invisiglass for it!

Just kidding. I think the glass looks fine on my ACNC and R&M. If I had the choice I'd take Invisiglass over laser cut rails, but it's really no big deal either way.

#1744 3 months ago

For those worried that the same soundtrack music may get too repetitive, John Carpenter recently recorded new music for the first 3 Halloween films. The new music can be found on some colored edition vinyl that's coming out. I haven't heard the new music yet but maybe it will find it's way into the machine.

#1745 3 months ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

For those worried that the same soundtrack music may get too repetitive...

Just remember 95% of pinball machines are like this

#1746 3 months ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Incorrect. We sold them in sequence as orders came in and are now in the 800’s. We were flooded with orders opening day. If you have a later number....you ordered later.

Curious to know how long ago did y’all go into the 800 numbers

#1747 3 months ago

We actually tried to get better glass but were unable to secure it in time! I am hoping to get it for sure before the next game.

#1748 3 months ago
20210812_165245 (resized).jpg
#1749 3 months ago

Hell yeah brother!

#1750 3 months ago

Why can’t other editions of the games, BSE and standards, be built at the same time? If you have an order and your ## in line just build it.

There are 3,837 posts in this topic. You are on page 35 of 77.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside