(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 82.
#1451 2 years ago

This looks really good for this early on! With the year long or more wait I have it will be even more dialed in for sure!

#1452 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The funniest thing on the stream chat was when someone asked “will Pinstadiums fit on this game?”
What, it’s not bright enough already? Are you blind? Ha!
rd

I hope they dial back the lighting a bit as they refine the light shows. Too much color is used when less is more. Still plenty of room to blast color in, just be more selective/subtle with how it’s done.

#1453 2 years ago

Missed the stream as it was movie night with the fam. Hopefully it will be posted later tonight!

#1454 2 years ago

Does anyone know how long it takes to show up on Twitch?

#1455 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Missed the stream as it was movie night with the fam. Hopefully it will be posted later tonight!

Jack said he is putting it up on YouTube tonight when he gets home.

#1456 2 years ago

So the new quote was 2.5 Halloween to 1 ultra. But sounds like the 18month timer hasn't been started yet.
I liked the new Halloween remix music I heard

#1457 2 years ago

The speed and flow of the game was better than I thought it would be. Both upper playfields looked very good. Im impressed.

#1458 2 years ago

I was slightly worried about the in-line lifters but they seem to work fine. I think with future coding updates the game is going to be a great shooter. Definitely glad I put my money down going to be a while before I get it but by then a lot of the code should be finished. I really hope they put some type of midnight madness mode in due to the fact that it is a horror pin it would really go well with the theme.

#1459 2 years ago

Overall Was very impressed. My only gripe was the overuse of that same sound effect back to back (with different pitch).

#1460 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

The speed and flow of the game was better than I thought it would be. Both upper playfields looked very good. Im impressed.

Hard for us to even believe how fast it plays with 3 levels!

#1461 2 years ago

Anyone want to to trade down? I am #790 for a Halloween CE no butter.

#1462 2 years ago

I asked about a “midnight madness” mode during the stream but I didn’t get a response.

Quoted from Pinman502:

I was slightly worried about the in-line lifters but they seem to work fine. I think with future coding updates the game is going to be a great shooter. Definitely glad I put my money down going to be a while before I get it but by then a lot of the code should be finished. I really hope they put some type of midnight madness mode in due to the fact that it is a horror pin it would really go well with the theme.

#1463 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Hope they'll add more variety for the music and sfx and significantly reduce the delay between the ball dropping into scoop and getting served to flipper.

A friend and I were texting each other while watching the stream, and that was one thing that we both agreed on: the delay between the ball going in the scoop and coming out the elevator has to be reduced...a lot. I'm not sure if this is similar to R&M where a ball is always in the scoop ready to go, or if it has to wait for the ball in the scoop to make it's way to the elevator. The former means the time can be reduced significantly, the latter, perhaps not so much.

#1464 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I am a little nervous.
I don't think Jack was loving shooting these games. Not trying to be negative but 9k plus is a gamble when there are other options out there. I know there is a lot of coding to do yet but I will re-watch and focus on the flow next time I watch again. I am a Spooky fan and own a ACNC but not sure I have room for 2 pins with so so flow going on.

I haven't watched the stream but if you are playing for points and the rules, shrub 1.2.3, asylum 1.2.3, house 1.2.3, I'm not expecting flow but accurate aim and shooting. Not a Steve Ritchie type of game.

#1465 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

A friend and I were texting each other while watching the stream, and that was one thing that we both agreed on: the delay between the ball going in the scoop and coming out the elevator has to be reduced...a lot. I'm not sure if this is similar to R&M where a ball is always in the scoop ready to go, or if it has to wait for the ball in the scoop to make it's way to the elevator. The former means the time can be reduced significantly, the latter, perhaps not so much.

I am pretty sure SpookyLuke talked about potentially having a ball pre staged there on the right side.

#1466 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I asked about a “midnight madness” mode during the stream but I didn’t get a response.

It was asked by someone else and Bug really liked the idea and hadn't thought of it. Sounded like he was gonna make it happen. Midnight Stabness was the suggested term.

#1468 2 years ago

Awesome, I must have missed that part of the stream. It’s a pretty huge hit at our house on Munsters so the kids would be stoked if it got implemented.

Love midnight stabness too!

Quoted from Morgoth00:

It was asked by someone else and Bug really liked the idea and hadn't thought of it. Sounded like he was gonna make it happen. Midnight Stabness was the suggested term.

#1469 2 years ago

Dead Flip stream from Saturday.

#1470 2 years ago

Quite possibly the most underwhelming lcd display for a pinball in recent times... even for a spooky. The led strips look like a mod my 10 yr old would glue on. And this thing sold out. Wow.

#1471 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

I will say the LCD display is not what I was wanting at all with all the still images from cabinet artwork and repetitive images like the house with hardly ANY movie assets

Oh noes......

#1472 2 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Bug said they have a ton more video ready to add in; guessing much of what we are seeing is mostly placeholder type of stuff at this point

Oh yays !!!

#1473 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Quite possibly the most underwhelming lcd display for a pinball in recent times... even for a spooky. The led strips look like a mod my 10 yr old would glue on. And this thing sold out. Wow.

It seems to be the same couple images over and over again. We’ll see where it ends up when fully developed. Movie clips arent a huge deal to me, I love my CGC remakes that don’t have any video assets at all. Gameplay looked promising. I’m a little worried the Halloween theme song could get annoying after a bit since there’s so little variation to it, same few notes over and over endlessly. It got kind of old for me after an hour on the stream. The songs is what it is - iconic but repetitive, it’s not really anything spooky is doing. I am not interested in the the theme, but I think Ultraman showed better at this stage in the game.

#1474 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

It's day one code! Calm down..lol
BTW you're 10 yr old sounds dope

#1475 2 years ago

As others have said those lifters take too long to get the ball back in play ( currently! ), with so many things feeding them they're slowing the game down waaaaay too much. An odd choice after the garage/portal instant kickout of R&M. I'm aware they have said they'll try to stage a ball at the lifters, I just hope they realise how much that is needed. I wish the pumpkin scoop fired the ball back at you personally. I have a few other reservations but it looks fun overall.

#1476 2 years ago

Umm....interesting & early for sure.
Not a great presentation with the look of LEDs, not being able to hear the call outs, and missing most of the footage; but you never know until ya play it.
Right ramp seem to be rejecting a lot?

#1477 2 years ago

Both games look great but the sound is incredible on both. I’m diggin the 60s swing guitar vibes on Ultraman

#1478 2 years ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

I am pretty sure SpookyLuke talked about potentially having a ball pre staged there on the right side.

I'm pretty sure they discussed the left side kick out will be staged, after the first ball that goes that way. Not sure of the right side, but it needs it..

#1479 2 years ago

I almost (impulsively) pre-ordered this game a month ago, but the layout gave me pause. I'm not against upper playfields, but having two of them seemed excessive for my taste. After watching the Deadflip stream earlier tonight, I'm *not* feeling too great at this point. I really want to like this game (Halloween is one of my favorite horror movies), but the gameplay seems slower than I expected and the theme integration isn't there yet. I hope it gets better over time (I know it takes years to fully develop these), but I guess I hoped for more during the reveal. I'll try to stay optimistic for the future; fingers crossed as I'd like to pick up one of these and add it to my collection someday.

#1480 2 years ago

No horse in the race, my .02

Watched 5 minutes of each game thanks to the deadflip stream.

Ultraman gets my vote. I think the theme syncs with pinball better.

fun music
bright primary colors
camp

that's-a-pinball !

-mof

#1481 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

No horse in the race, my .02
Watched 5 minutes of each game thanks to the deadflip stream.
Ultraman gets my vote. I think the theme syncs with pinball better.
fun music
bright primary colors
camp
that's-a-pinball !
-mof

I agree that Ultraman seems to be a better fit for pinball based on the stream (unfortunate for me as I prefer Halloween as a theme).

#1482 2 years ago

Clearly UM is more polished as of now. But once HWN is finished , it will shine. Especially when movie clips and hopefully adult mode are added.

#1483 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Dead Flip stream from Saturday.

I think it looks good. Needs a lot of polishing.

Only me think it looks setup a bit floaty?

#1484 2 years ago

Not knocking the design team, but this is entry level game design:

- 3 identical shots on the left side, with 3 identical toys (eh?)
- targets too close to the flippers (Ninja reaction times needed to deal with those rebounds)
- boring left ramp
- 3 mini playfields (novelty expiry date on those is about 2 hours)
- lighting that will burn your retinas

Code will add more creative flair to the game over time, but a poor layout can kill all passion and enthusiasm you have for any theme.

Mission accomplished for Spooky tough, they sold out and will continue to grow as a company. But they really need to start looking for a skilled designer if they want to be a serious contender.

#1485 2 years ago

Welcome to pinball talk episode 4: Halloween pinball gameplay video by Dead flip is out, in this episode, I’m gonna concentrate on music/audio package, link to video:

#1486 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Welcome to pinball talk episode 4: Halloween pinball gameplay video by Dead flip is out, in this episode, I’m gonna concentrate on music/audio package, link to video:

DO NOT CLICK. Don't $feed$ the troll.

#1487 2 years ago

It looks like it plays great and has a great layout. Jaime Lee on film snipet-oh yea, and the LED's really pop! Whack a mole Michael-get him! Just noticed huge knife on right side-super creepy and I am lovin it. Love the music-piano and keyboard combo make for a tense hurry up sound-perfect for the theme. Can't wait to check out the patent pending 'Butt Pretzel'.

I have goosebumps-so stoked for this one!

#1488 2 years ago

My thoughts exact! Can’t wait!

Quoted from pinmister:

It looks like it plays great and has a great layout. Jaime Lee on film snipet-oh yea, and the LED's really pop! Whack a mole Michael-get him! Just noticed huge knife on right side-super creepy and I am lovin it. Love the music-piano and keyboard combo make for a tense hurry up sound-perfect for the theme. Can't wait to check out the patent pending 'Butt Pretzel'.
I have goosebumps-so stoked for this one!

#1489 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Not knocking the design team, but this is entry level game design:
- 3 identical shots on the left side, with 3 identical toys (eh?)
- targets too close to the flippers (Ninja reaction times needed to deal with those rebounds)
- boring left ramp
- 3 mini playfields (novelty expiry date on those is about 2 hours)
- lighting that will burn your retinas
Code will add more creative flair to the game over time, but a poor layout can kill all passion and enthusiasm you have for any theme.

Pretty strong take when you haven't even played it yet.

If you want another boring ass cookie cutter layout there's plenty of that out there. This one looks like a ton of fun to me. But I'll have to play it first to know

#1490 2 years ago

Thanks again Jack for the great stream-one day I will death save like Super Jack Danger does.

#1491 2 years ago

Yeah… I was disappointed in Jack’s setup and overall presentation. I couldn’t tell if the sounds were just way off or it was the setup. Constant Microsoft computer sounds. You could hear certain sounds way better than others and no call outs. The repetitive sounds got to me after a while. Curious to see where these machines are at when they are being unboxed.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Umm....interesting & early for sure.
Not a great presentation with the look of LEDs, not being able to hear the call outs, and missing most of the footage; but you never know until ya play it.
Right ramp seem to be rejecting a lot?

#1492 2 years ago

Watched the stream again and the Ultraman reminds me of BM66 with 60's tunes. The light show also seems more intense with more of a rainbow disco show. So glad I chose Halloween as Ultraman does nothing for me-just can't relate to it. The music and light show seem way more subtle on Halloween as well(digging it).

Ultraman seems like it would pair well with BM66 or Dialed In in a collection.

#1493 2 years ago

Was trying to hold out on watching video until I got my game, but couldn’t help myself

Lots of great atmosphere in this game for me, which is an area Spooky games excel. Really like how the music slowly builds into moments, much like the film. Not your typical high octane pinball soundtrack, which I appreciate. Really like the art style of the animations. Looking forward to seeing how the code, animations, etc continue progressing. Layout looks unique, fun, & smooth. Glad I watched it, feeling even more pumped.

#1494 2 years ago

Really liked the additional music on Halloween, not just the movie stuff. Overall I thought the sound package was great. Didnt hear any PJ Soles callouts? Bug said there is a ton more ready to add for clips, animations, callouts, etc so totally not worried. They also talked about putting a dimmer setting in for the LED strips in code.

Dream theme for me and I think Spooky hit it out of the park!

#1495 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Overall I thought the sound package was great. Didnt hear any PJ Soles callouts? Bug said there is a ton more ready to add for clips, animations, callouts, etc so totally not worried. They also talked about putting a dimmer setting in for the LED strips in code.
Dream theme for me and I think Spooky hit it out of the park!

Agree 100%

#1496 2 years ago

Watched the stream and the physical assets are there, so now we just need a polished code. I’m Hoping to see more movie clips and ideas directed at the horror fans. I will say I really really hope spooky speeds up the inlane kickers to keep the game pace up since it’s a slow stalker theme. Spooky is pretty good about listening to their customer base so any valid points to improve the game should be addressed, but until theres a finished product no reason to bash on it. I’m pretty sure spooky checks this thread so I think we just keep watching what they do and continue to hold our excitement. Shots look good, I like some of the creative coding on modes etc. can’t wait to see the next phase

#1497 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

They also talked about putting a dimmer setting in for the LED strips in code.

They also said the LED's look brighter on camera than in person but being able to adjust them is an awesome feature.

#1498 2 years ago

I really think it was brilliant of Spooky to offer two themes with the same layout. With polar opposite themes it really gave people a choice and selection to buy what they can relate to. Can you imagine how many more games Stern could of sold if they did a duel theme with the Iron Maiden layout released at the same time? Seems like Spooky is on the up and up-I will need to keep my eye open in the future. Now if Spooky gets/has? Beetlejuice license I would definitely be stoked to see them do it? What's next for Spooky?

Future dual release idea...

Beetlejuice and Dukes Of Hazzard-Make it so!

#1499 2 years ago

Just watched. I am even more stoked now. Great job Spooky! Both games look great.

#1500 2 years ago

I liked the both games so far code and video is early but it well be much better with more code updates. I have standard Halloween and still deciding if want to keep or sell my spot. My reason is i kinda wish i got Ultra Man instead as fits more for pinball but Halloween well def get better in time. But great work so far for spooky

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 49.99
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/30?hl=viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.