(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 82.
#1351 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Pinball Talk episode 3: Halloween Pinball, i dont like the music, sorry guys...

Ok Arnold. Your opinion has been terminated.

#1352 2 years ago

Get that techno shit outta here. It’s eerie Halloween music that we are all used to hearing or nothing. I do hope the sounds change up tho, cause if that’s the only background music you hear it will get old. It’s still early, more display visuals and music or sounds will come, I hope.

#1353 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Sorry man but thats a big nope from me. On a machine totally dedicated to the original 1978 Halloween it's gotta be the classic score that JC did. Not a disco or Metallica-Lite version. Only acceptable alternative would be the 2018 version that John and Cody did. I'm looking forward to hearing what else is in there, kinda hard to bash with such a limited sample size really.

#1354 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

A WHAAA?? Ok I guess. I don't like murder but I'm still liking the theme. Geez.

#1355 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Get that techno shit outta here.

myers dance.gifmyers dance.gif
#1356 2 years ago

Trust me you all are gonna get an awesome game, with authentic vibes, music and the like. Just settle your minds and let a little patience come in. Speculating and demanding doesn’t do anything but cause unneeded stress on people trying as hard as possible to make one of the best horror films sprout into a pinball machine you will love.

#1357 2 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Trust me you all are gonna get an awesome game, with authentic vibes, music and the like. Just settle your minds and let a little patience come in. Speculating and demanding doesn’t do anything but cause unneeded stress on people trying as hard as possible to make one of the best horror films sprout into a pinball machine you will love.

Yeah but you'd say that aboot any horror theme!

#1358 2 years ago

Dude, what a clown ass stance. It’s HALLOWEEN...you don’t like the music? You don’t like John Carpenters original score? You want...techno? This cat must be the most downvoted guy in pinside history. Also...you HAVNT EVEN HEARD ALL THE MUSIC YET!!!! Little premature big man.

Quoted from RETROCENGO:

#1359 2 years ago

I typically don't buy a pin for music that's what Pandora is for. I buy for theme and gameplay. Dumb review dude!

#1360 2 years ago

Music and sound are hugely important for me in pinball. If HWN in whole sounds as good as the clips I've heard, then the audio is going to S L A Y.

#1361 2 years ago

I wouldn't have (pretty much) blindly spent $10,000 if I didn't think you guys would kill this theme, im very excited to see what the whole crew is capable of.

#1362 2 years ago

So excited to see this stream tomorrow and retro geno. How can you not like the music? it's literally the original score from the movie and not just the theme but all of it. Techno would ruin this game. I'm sure the guys at spooky will mix it up a bit but nothing like your video was claiming bc that would be horrendous.

Quoted from RETROCENGO:

#1363 2 years ago

Way excited to see the stream!!! Rarely put any pinball stuff on my Outlook calendar, but I've blocked tomorrow evening for this bad boy!!!

#1364 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

What is the point of this? There has been absolutely zero release of actual game footage of a complete game. Why the hell would anybody care what your opinion is of something we’ve all seen. You share no new information like we are supposed to care.
My official review for this… well whatever the hell this is supposed to be. This video is just a poorly edited dub with absolutely no new information about things that everyone has known about for well over a week.

You watched it? Lol. You got punked!

#1365 2 years ago

Laugh my entire ass off, I was right. I don’t think a single pinsider has a downvote ratio THIS bad.

8DEB69FF-CFEE-44A5-9F71-BB6D97AA3289 (resized).jpeg8DEB69FF-CFEE-44A5-9F71-BB6D97AA3289 (resized).jpeg
#1366 2 years ago

This pin is screwing with me. Was notified i had #139. Then a few days later was told it was a clerical error and moved to 341. Now today, someone wanted to move back and I bumped up to 245. Very happy there, they should have the game assembly down pat, and I should have it by Oct 31st!!

#1367 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

This pin is screwing with me. Was notified i had #139. Then a few days later was told it was a clerical error and moved to 341. Now today, someone wanted to move back and I bumped up to 245. Very happy there, they should have the game assembly down pat, and I should have it by Oct 31st!!

Just wait a few months when you get bumped back to 1150!

#1368 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Just wait a few months when you get bumped back to 1150!

Heyyyyyyyyyyy. No bad karma bud!! I should down vote you haha

#1369 2 years ago

To be honest a few seconds in and I started skipping around to make sure there was no substance and as it turned out I was right.

Everyone deserves a fair shake but this review was just pointless and misguided.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

#1370 2 years ago

Came across this at the store tonight, bring on the stream!!

20210806_231243 (resized).jpg20210806_231243 (resized).jpg
#1371 2 years ago

Wait, people are worried about the music/sound on a Spooky pin?

#1372 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Wait, people are worried about the music/sound on a Spooky pin?

Why shouldn't they be? Bad music and callouts can ruin a pin.

#1373 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Absolutely. It’s a great theme but let’s be honest, there is not much to work with. It’s not like Michael Myers has a lot of one liners or dialogue. Actually I don’t think he says a word in Halloween. The eerie music can only take you so far, so what else can you use in this game? I guess stick with other characters dialogue but the main character JLC is not being used and she’s not doing the call outs. PJ Soles is. Ok show us your tits, how’s that gonna work in a pinball game? I’m wishing for the best cause it’s a great theme but I’m hopeful Spooky will pull it off. Stick with the movie scenes and other sounds and it will work. Just my opinion of course.

#1374 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Headline: Dude puts up click bait "video"... then getz PAID!

Way of the world these days I'm afraid.

#1375 2 years ago

It’s got a creepy sound track and I’m hoping they dim down those LED’s to create that dark atmosphere.
We need some good callouts to go with it, I want to be looking over my shoulder playing this!

1. Halloween Theme – Main Title (2:54)
2. Laurie’s Theme (2:05)
3. Shape Escapes (1:42)
4. Meyers’ House (5:35)
5. Michael Kills Judith (3:11)
6. Loomis and Shape’s Car (3:32)
7. “The Haunted House” (3:33)
8. The Shape Lurks (1:35)
9. Laurie Knows (3:01)
10. Better Check the Kids (3:27)
11. The Shape Stalks (3:08)

#1376 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Agreed. But they’ve had a pretty great run on both, no? I’ve never heard anyone ever having an issue with the callouts or music on a Spooky pin.

#1377 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Agreed. But they’ve had a pretty great run on both, no? I’ve never heard anyone ever having an issue with the callouts or music on a Spooky pin.

They didn't love the callouts on AMH. At least initially. But I think the budget for that was severely... constrained.

#1378 2 years ago

In my version I had access to all the movies and all the characters, and still didn't have enough callouts to sustain a lasting experience. For a commercially licenced game you have to go with sound-a-likes or original cast members. Personally I hate sound-a-likes with a passion. I'm a pretty decent voice actor myself and can do a passable Donald Pleasence impression, but no way would I replace the man himself.

You don't always get the lines you need from the movies, but you get an authentic experience, which I value more.

I start my game with: "Death is coming to your town Sheriff....". Chills you to the bone.

#1379 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Came across this at the store tonight, bring on the stream!!
[quoted image]

I bought one yesterday too! H2 is my favorite actually.

#1380 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Was notified i had #139. Then a few days later was told it was a clerical error and moved to 341.

Same thing happened to me. I was told I had #420 and honesty it made me feel like it was meant to be-I would almost pay a premium to have that number. Then another pinsider posted he had the same number? I then was bumped up because of clerical error? Seems I am not alone, and while mistakes happen I do think it is unprofessional and it burst my bubble.

#1381 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Absolutely. It’s a great theme but let’s be honest, there is not much to work with. It’s not like Michael Myers has a lot of one liners or dialogue. Actually I don’t think he says a word in Halloween. The eerie music can only take you so far, so what else can you use in this game? I guess stick with other characters dialogue but the main character JLC is not being used and she’s not doing the call outs. PJ Soles is. Ok show us your tits, how’s that gonna work in a pinball game? I’m wishing for the best cause it’s a great theme but I’m hopeful Spooky will pull it off. Stick with the movie scenes and other sounds and it will work. Just my opinion of course.

There is additional music added by Spooky. Maybe techno!

#1382 2 years ago

Anyone have the stream details for this evening? Time? Thanks

#1383 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone have the stream details for this evening? Time? Thanks

I think around 6:00 pm central time

#1384 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Laugh my entire ass off, I was right. I don’t think a single pinsider has a downvote ratio THIS bad.
[quoted image]

Look no further than the ultimate troll Jimmy West. You can find him on any thread that has a hint of negativity towards JJP.

F5689B76-60B6-4377-8466-6F78A1344973 (resized).jpegF5689B76-60B6-4377-8466-6F78A1344973 (resized).jpeg
#1385 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

In my version I had access to all the movies and all the characters, and still didn't have enough callouts to sustain a lasting experience. For a commercially licenced game you have to go with sound-a-likes or original cast members. Personally I hate sound-a-likes with a passion. I'm a pretty decent voice actor myself and can do a passable Donald Pleasence impression, but no way would I replace the man himself.
You don't always get the lines you need from the movies, but you get an authentic experience, which I value more.
I start my game with: "Death is coming to your town Sheriff....". Chills you to the bone.

I watched your version on YouTube the other week and thought it was quite good even though I’m not into virtual pin stuff.

#1386 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I live 20 mins from where

Look no further than the ultimate troll Jimmy West. You can find him on any thread that has a hint of negativity towards JJP. [quoted image]

That's just Gary from RGP

#1387 2 years ago

Does anyone want to move down.im #512 ce and would like to move up if anyone is interested

#1388 2 years ago

No way! But maybe?! This license for sure, as I ain’t kidding it was my fave flick as a child and was my main gateway into the world of horror… plus since I worked on (and am still working on) the Animations I am holding it dear and protecting it like it’s a child

Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah but you'd say that aboot any horror theme!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"67355f059855958c0f575beebab3ae165925ab48-1628345389-1800"};
//]]>

#1389 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This cat must be the most downvoted guy in pinside history.

Funny, I thought that was me. You mean this guy singlehandedly dethroned me as the most reviled person on pinside in one video? Damn!

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Ok show us your tits, how’s that gonna work in a pinball game?

Lots of lost balls, that's how.

#1390 2 years ago

No way! But maybe?! This license for sure, as I ain’t kidding it was my fave flick as a child and was my main gateway into the world of horror… plus since I worked on (and am still working on) the Animations I am holding it dear and protecting it like it’s a child

Looking forward to seeing your work in action tonight! Thanks for being so passionate about the project.

#1391 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Does anyone want to move down.im #512 ce and would like to move up if anyone is interested

Sure, you can move up to my 920!

#1392 2 years ago

I look forward to seeing more of your work!

tenor (4).giftenor (4).gif
#1393 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Same thing happened to me. I was told I had #420 and honesty it made me feel like it was meant to be-I would almost pay a premium to have that number. Then another pinsider posted he had the same number? I then was bumped up because of clerical error? Seems I am not alone, and while mistakes happen I do think it is unprofessional and it burst my bubble.

I wasn't too worried either way, it was a crazy hectic day for spooky and the distributors. I dealt with Nitro and was very impressed how they handled it as I moved back and when I moved forward. Stuff happens, and not bein greedy, I'd still like to move up again I loved being in early on LZ, and seeing it progress, early issues and fixes are fun to work thru.

#1394 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I wasn't too worried either way, it was a crazy hectic day for spooky and the distributors.

Yea its all good, but they do need to get things together better next time. I chose to go through a distributor because I feel it is a conflict of interest trying to sell direct and through distribution(and I wanted to support them). We are not talking thousands and thousands of games here-seems simple to me to assign numbers(I can send someone a three ring binder if that helps?) Hopefully a lesson was learned for the next go around.

#1395 2 years ago

You would think people would be posting the time and promoting the stream. Pretty sure this is kind of a big deal...

#1396 2 years ago

Question for the stream experts. I have a previous commitment that I can't change (birthday dinner for grandma!) but it conflicts with the stream. I know it will be available in a few days, but I'm super-excited to see the it tonight! Is there anyway I can setup my computer to record this, or cache it, or something so I can rewind and watch when I get home?

#1397 2 years ago

Admire and appreciate your passion for this theme!! Hoping it meets or exceeds your expectations.....this one will live in my horror/ terror row w Heighway AlienLE, TWDLE, and BSD, so definitely bring it!!!

#1398 2 years ago

Jack must be setting up at this point if he wants to go live as he said in 4.5 hours! Stoked!
Did you ever notice that the pumpkin in the opening credits actually depicts Michael carrying a knife? I used to think it was just supposed to be a crummy kid carving. Notice the slow zoom in

Screenshot_20210807-103419_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210807-103419_Facebook (resized).jpg
#1399 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Admire and appreciate your passion for this theme!! Hoping it meets or exceeds your expectations.....this one will live in my horror/ terror row w Heighway AlienLE, TWDLE, and BSD, so definitely bring it!!!

Mine too..Alien (Pinball Brothers), ACNC, and Tales from the Crypt.

#1400 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Jack must be setting up at this point if he wants to go live as he said in 4.5 hours! Stoked!
Did you ever notice that the pumpkin in the opening credits actually depicts Michael carrying a knife? I used to think it was just supposed to be a crummy kid carving. Notice the slow zoom in
[quoted image]

Dude. I've seen this movie a hundred times and never noticed that. Wow thats cool.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/28?hl=viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.