(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
IMG_20220209_222729__01.jpg

There are 4,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 82.
#1301 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

This bizarre layout is the same as the awesome looking UM machine that you where raving about three pages ago buddy, just incase you didn't know
How about you just start your own page on how HWN sucks instead of being a buzz killing troll on a page where people are actually excited for the theme and game. Thanks

Pretty sure he was talking about the camera layout Dead Flip is working testing for the dual game reveal stream.

#1302 2 years ago

Jack Danger + Halloween = must watch for me...this is gonna be fun!!!

#1303 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Pretty sure he was talking about the camera layout Dead Flip is working testing for the dual game reveal stream.

Agreed.

I would just like to say SLAMT1LT is a standup guy and well-respected in the VP community (made many of my favorite og and remake tables), very thankful for his contributions to pinball.

Without him and others in the VP world I likely wouldn't own a single pinball machine.

#1304 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

All eyes on Deadflip for the proper gameplay reveal. I wonder how many Halloween pre-order spots will be up for sale soon after?
That bizarre layout still has me scratching my head.

That bizarre layout is one of the main reasons I bought the game. This game is guaranteed to shoot differently than anything else being made right now and that’s a huge plus in my book.

#1305 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Agreed.
I would just like to say SLAMT1LT is a standup guy and well-respected in the VP community (made many of my favorite og and remake tables), very thankful for his contributions to pinball.
Without him and others in the VP world I likely wouldn't own a single pinball machine.

Well for those of us that don't know him personally and just going off his highly critical post on here, we just see a negative Nancy or for 2021, being a (karen) Haha.
I guess everyone is entitled to their own premature opinion based on assumptions.

#1306 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Well for those of us that don't know him personally and just going off his highly critical post on here, we just see a negative Nancy or for 2021, being a (karen) Haha.
He is entitled to his opinion I guess...

Totally entitled to their opinion. It may not look like a game he wants to own or shoot. It looks awesome to me. Personal preference. It’s been exhausting arguing about another unorthodox layout, Rick and Morty (GOAT), so I just chalk it up to different strokes for different folks. Not getting anywhere near the Karen vibe here IMO as too many threads on Pinside.

#1307 2 years ago

The layout doesn’t look that much different to say whitewater or less interesting than Twilight Zone for example, it will be good to see how the upper playfields flow/play out and how those inlane lifters work out during multiball. All I know now is that it sounds/looks good which is a big plus for me.
The code could make or break it, seeing as it’s Spooky’s most manufactured pin I’m sure they will do good by it.

#1308 2 years ago

Not a fan of novelty upper playfields, but thought the pass through looks fun. I also really dig the hedges and having to complete them for multi-ball. Something different than a standard target bank used on most games. Michael popping out of hedges was one of the coolest features I have seen and another reason I pulled the trigger. Really getting jazzed for this one and looking forward to the unique and different layout. Definitely not cutting any cookies on this one! It literally looks KILLER to me!

#1309 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not a fan of novelty upper playfields, but thought the pass through looks fun. I also really dig the hedges and having to complete them for multi-ball. Something different than a standard target bank used on most games. Michael popping out of hedges was one of the coolest features I have seen and another reason I pulled the trigger. Really getting jazzed for this one and looking forward to the unique and different layout. Definitely not cutting any cookies on this one! It literally looks KILLER to me!

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"cdb8c972d1e7b5e59e4cf24d8f30e2163afd334f-1628167439-1800"};
//]]>

You are spont on as why I also want HWN, including the theme which I believe is personal preference whether or not it translates to pinbalI IMO. love fun campy games like UM also, spooky did great providing two options to please fans of both titles!

#1310 2 years ago

At first I was turned off by the upper playfields and exposed LED strands, but the 'Hedges' really impressed me as something unique and different. Then when I saw that the uppers were more of a pass through like WH20-I was sold. Looks super fun and unique and nowadays I need more cowbell-getting tired of fan layouts.

#1311 2 years ago

Again, SLAMT1LT was not talking about the layout of the game. He was talking about the new camera layout Jack Danger was working on at the time of his post. Jack was testing a new camera set up to showcase both games at the same time on his Twitch channel last night.

#1312 2 years ago

After playing UM at pinfest, I can’t wait to see more of HWN. Flowed nicely, scoops to inlanes felt great, and both uppers were fun. Setting up jackpots and hitting them was a good challenge in “hedge”. I felt much better about my deposit after some hands on. I do agree with Charlie, it’s their best shooting game. Well I never played domino’s

#1313 2 years ago

Curious if any Pinsiders have received an email about Butter or not. I’m #196 so quite a ways out.

#1314 2 years ago
Quoted from pldubya43:

Curious if any Pinsiders have received an email about Butter or not. I’m #196 so quite a ways out.

Patiently waiting...should be any day now id imagine. No butter for me - I'm happy with Decals.

#1315 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Patiently waiting...should be any day now id imagine. No butter for me - I'm happy with Decals.

Decals did look really good when I saw them at the show.

#1316 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Again, SLAMT1LT was not talking about the layout of the game. He was talking about the new camera layout Jack Danger was working on at the time of his post. Jack was testing a new camera set up to showcase both games at the same time on his Twitch channel last night.

So he talks shit about the pin, and the camera layout, for recording the pin

Seems like a lot of shit talking!

#1317 2 years ago

So is this the official owners club thread?

#1318 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

starting to feel more like the “where’s the gameplay video/stream?” thread.

#1319 2 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

No, a new thread will have to be created once someone owns the game.

#1320 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Decals did look really good when I saw them at the show.

What exactly is the difference between butter or non-buttered?

#1321 2 years ago
Quoted from pldubya43:

Direct printed on the cabinet and clearcoated like a cars finish. Vs a decal.

#1322 2 years ago

To me butter vs non-butter is how shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny it is. The butter really pops and is super shiiiiiiiiiiiiiny. If you are a lover of art and want to showcase it, the butter really does pop. The first time I saw the butter on TNA I was impressed. Do I think it is worth the coin-to me no. I will likely have this game wedged in-between others and I think the art pops enough as is. I may pop for butter for a super dream theme? Beetlejuice or Grateful Dead or something I wanted to showcase?

#1323 2 years ago
Quoted from pldubya43:

1000 calories

#1324 2 years ago

#1325 2 years ago

#471 very special number(figure it out). Could be yours as I'm looking to move up. Dosnt matter to me if your #s special just looking to move up.
Lmk
Michael myers

#1326 2 years ago

If someone wants to move up to CE #340, I'll certainly trade if the price is right

#1327 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinash:

If someone wants to move up to CE #340, I'll certainly trade if the price is right

I have 341. Wanna swap?

#1328 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

At first I was turned off by the upper playfields and exposed LED strands, but the 'Hedges' really impressed me as something unique and different. Then when I saw that the uppers were more of a pass through like WH20-I was sold. Looks super fun and unique and nowadays I need more cowbell-getting tired of fan layouts.

95A8AAB8-BE03-42A5-89CB-8555242B3F37.gif95A8AAB8-BE03-42A5-89CB-8555242B3F37.gif
#1329 2 years ago

Testing gear for Halloween.
https://www.twitch.tv/deadflip

#1330 2 years ago

so he said he wouldn't be streaming it Friday or Sunday. maybe this Saturday???

#1331 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:so he said he wouldn't be streaming it Friday or Sunday. maybe this Saturday???

Makes sense if he needs to drive to Benton to stream.

#1332 2 years ago

Jack danger just said the stream is Saturday on twitch.so excited

#1333 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Jack danger just said the stream is Saturday on twitch.so excited

Not exactly, he said he is not allowed to say when but he will NOT be streaming on Friday or Sunday. Big difference especially if there are legalities involved.

#1334 2 years ago

He also said he needs to overnight ship a bunch of equipment

#1336 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I have 341. Wanna swap?

I wonder what would happen if I wanted to let #68 slide for a later spot?

Nah, I want this game now.

#1337 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I wonder what would happen if I wanted to let #68 slide for a later spot?
Nah, I want this game now.

I'm here for ya if you wanna move back

#1338 2 years ago

Yes !!!!

74B92006-1EB5-4F7D-98E2-13586DF23F4B (resized).jpeg74B92006-1EB5-4F7D-98E2-13586DF23F4B (resized).jpeg
#1339 2 years ago

Screenshot_20210806-064934_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210806-064934_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#1340 2 years ago
9E4C547F-E6FC-4FE4-BD44-AF0F25004F5E (resized).jpeg9E4C547F-E6FC-4FE4-BD44-AF0F25004F5E (resized).jpeg
#1341 2 years ago

Pinball Talk episode 3: Halloween Pinball, i dont like the music, sorry guys...

#1342 2 years ago

Gotta disagree with you 100% on this one. Absolutely love the opening music to the gameplay…perfectly sets the tone as you get started. Was hoping this track was present when first starting out. Definitely will get more upbeat as you progress. I don’t want to hear the main theme ad-nauseum.

Im hoping that the music from when Laurie gets stabbed at the top of the stairs is used for multiball! Da…dada…da…dada

#1343 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Absolutely love the opening music to the gameplay…perfectly sets the tone as you get started. Was hoping this track was present when first starting out. Definitely will get more upbeat as you progress. That’s a guarantee.

Yeah I’m guessing a chase with the music slowly building ,then panic sets in as the topper slashes and the lights go red .The little that’s out is the exact path I was hoping for .

#1344 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Yawn.. you haven't seen anymore than anyone else. Why would you think anybody would care about your uneducated opinion?

#1345 2 years ago

What is the point of this? There has been absolutely zero release of actual game footage of a complete game. Why the hell would anybody care what your opinion is of something we’ve all seen. You share no new information like we are supposed to care.

My official review for this… well whatever the hell this is supposed to be. This video is just a poorly edited dub with absolutely no new information about things that everyone has known about for well over a week.

Quoted from RETROCENGO:

#1346 2 years ago

Goosebumps and a big grin just thinking of the possibilities of this game!

Haha My budget was blown after buying LZ and MET this year. Only 3 themes are must haves for me - Caddyshack, Pink Floyd, and Halloween. Can’t believe is Spooky is doing this game!

#1347 2 years ago

I know it's the wrong license but it would be cool to hear Cha Cha Cha Kill Kill Kill like in the Friday the 13th movies.

Kidding aside
Love the Halloween music. Great job getting the assets Spooky. The game would not be the same without it.

#1348 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Isn't it one of the main melodies of the movie/theme of the pinball machine in which you are reviewing..smdh
You said you weren't a big fan of the Halloween movies and this review definitely suggests he's never watched the movie.

#1349 2 years ago
Quoted from RETROCENGO:

Get dah fuk out of here.

#1350 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

[quoted image]

Is this coming out of “The next Spooky Pinball” thread? Seems I’m missing a lot of chatter, as I’ve only been paying attention here….thx

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 4,089 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.