(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 82.
#1251 2 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Alice Coopers Nightmare Castle = ACNC - not NC
Rob Zombie's Spookshow International = RZ - not SI
Elvira's House of Horrors = EHOH - not HOH
John Carpenter's Halloween = JCH - its right there on the backglass and topper
HWN is not even an acronym. Its an abbreviation that isn't necessary because a TLA is right there printed on the game.

In this context, it makes sense. Still prefer HWN lol. Doesn't need to be an acronym as the point of all of it is just shortening the names.

#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

HWN is not even an acronym. Its an abbreviation that isn't necessary because a TLA is right there printed on the game.

Not even close to the same. Come on man!

#1253 2 years ago

Somebody put up a poll already. JCH, HWN or H78. Let the popular vote decide it. H78 seems the coolest and I’ve heard Spooky staff refer to it that way. Personally I don’t care what it is. All I care about is the fact that I got a game on order.

#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Not even close to the same. Come on man!

How so? I guess if you're going to look at that backglass and still tell me its not called John Carpenter's Halloween then we're done. No path forward in this conversation.

#1255 2 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:I guess if you're going to look at that backglass and still tell me its not called John Carpenter's Halloween then we're done

There is no title or nothing on the CE backglass

#1256 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

There is no title or nothing on the CE backglass

Touché. For my next dissertation I will argue the CE version should be referred to as TS = The Shape.

#1257 2 years ago

Micheal Myer's Stabby Stabby Halloween Adventure.

#1258 2 years ago

Halloween is actually “All Hallows Eve” aka “Hallows Eve”

So why not just make is simple

HE78

#1259 2 years ago

I'm sorry in advance but my vote is for HWN it just makes sense

#1260 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

HWN makes the least sense of any of them.

#1261 2 years ago

#1262 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Same

#1264 2 years ago

So I am game CE #957 and I was told I can add the butter cabinet option. Does anyone have a picture of what this looks like compared against the option of not getting it glossed?

#1265 2 years ago
Quoted from pinmatic:

So I am game #957 and I was told I can add the butter cabinet option. Does anyone have a picture of what this looks like compared against the option of not getting it glossed?

Spooky standard cabs look amazing already. Everyone says that pics of butter cabs don't do it justice. The photos I've seen you can't really tell the difference in them.

#1266 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Spooky standard cabs look amazing already. Everyone says that pics of butter cabs don't do it justice. The photos I've seen you can't really tell the difference in them.

Yep.

I've seen butter and standard in person. I've heard so much about how much butter is. Based on my eyeballs, it's an easy decision. Standard all day. Spooky's standard pops so much, it's splitting hairs but when you have fools spending thousands on toppers or better yet, custom aprons that look terrible, I can understand why people lean towards butter as the popular opinion.

I feel the same about radcals as well. Yes they look nice but hardly worth the upgrade unless you can get it built into a used price.

#1267 2 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Touché. For my next dissertation I will argue the CE version should be referred to as TS = The Shape.

I recommend HWN. I'm never going to ask friends if the want to play John Carpenter's Halloween Pinball. HWN just makes sense.

#1268 2 years ago

What about SHWN -Spooky’s Halloween?

#1269 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yep.
I've seen butter and standard in person. I've heard so much about how much butter is. Based on my eyeballs, it's an easy decision. Standard all day. Spooky's standard pops so much, it's splitting hairs but when you have fools spending thousands on toppers or better yet, custom aprons that look terrible, I can understand why people lean towards butter as the popular opinion.
I feel the same about radcals as well. Yes they look nice but hardly worth the upgrade unless you can get it built into a used price.

I personally like butter cabs. Yes, Spooky’s decals are amazing, but there is a big difference between my R&M decal cab, and my ACNC butter cab. I respect those who don’t feel it’s worth it (certainly it is not worth it from a resale…make my money back…point), but I don’t feel I’m a “fool” for how I decide to spend the money I have earned.

#1270 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

custom aprons that look terrible

Don’t forget “for games that aren’t even really released yet, and will be missing the original electronics…..”…

I’m going butter as I’m hoping it will be similar to my ECLE which really pops. Not $16k nice, but looks great….

#1271 2 years ago

HWN please….I have a hard enough time w IM being used for IMDN in the threads….

#1272 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I personally like butter cabs. Yes, Spooky’s decals are amazing, but I don’t feel I’m a “fool” for how I decide to spend the money I have earned.

Your not a fool, as many just buy what they want in a toy (nothing wrong with that), not equating w flipping value.

#1273 2 years ago

I have a hard time with any of the abbreviations, most of my time on pinside is trying to figure out what game people are talking about.

#1274 2 years ago

Who gives a f**k what the abbreviation is?

Just type Halloween.

Problem solved. And everyone knows what you’re talking about.

rd

#1275 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Somebody put up a poll already. JCH, HWN or H78. Let the popular vote decide it. H78 seems the coolest and I’ve heard Spooky staff refer to it that way. Personally I don’t care what it is. All I care about is the fact that I got a game on order.

Will some one just put up a poll. Hahaha

#1277 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just type Halloween.

FOS - Festival Of Samhain

LTG : )

#1278 2 years ago

Thanks. Didn’t see it was up. Hahaha hasn’t got that far down the thread. Was about to delete post.

#1279 2 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

So john carpenter is doing the callouts?

#1280 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

#1281 2 years ago

Getting excited for this game! Anyone thinking about swapping the band colors? Was thinking maybe red would look good throughout to tie in with the blood drops on the playfield art.

#1282 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hah!
If we are going there....

FoASE - Feast of All Saints Eve

#1283 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210803-163017_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210803-163017_Amazon Shopping (resized).jpg
#1284 2 years ago

We need a jack-o-lantern emoji. That would work.

#1285 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

We need a jack-o-lantern emoji. That would work.

Bah, tried to respond with said jack o lantern emoji, only to find Pinside doesn't show it. Grumble.

#1286 2 years ago

shhhh

Next thing you know people will suggest Jack or JOL for halloween

#1287 2 years ago

Ooh ooh, The Great Pumpkin!

#1289 2 years ago

So ive been rewatching the Halloween series.

I guess i had never seen Halloween III.

What in the hell was that. lol I mean seriously

#1290 2 years ago

Halloween was meant to be an anthology series and Meyers was only supposed to be in the ‘78 version. Fans responded so well to the character that the studio pushed for Meyers in 2, then Carpenter went back to the original anthology idea on III and confused the piss out of everyone.
HIII is my favorite by far tbh.

Quoted from bgwilly31:

So ive been rewatching the Halloween series.

#1291 2 years ago

Gameplay spooky….. gameplay

#1292 2 years ago

Flipper hits ball, ball hits target, repeat. Well, I mean...that's how good people's games look. Not mine.

#1293 2 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

They delved into the dark side of Halloween ( Samhain ) and it's origins. Conal Cochran's automatons/robots were amazing. You don't find out to the end that Ellie Grimbridge was an automaton/robot all along.

One of the coldest lines ever in a movie was when Conal Cochran had Dr. Daniel Challis in that test room and explains the true meaning of the holiday. And puts the skull mask on him. And as he turns to leaves says, "and happy Halloween".

#1294 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

They delved into the dark side of Halloween ( Samhain ) and it's origins. Conal Cochran's automatons/robots were amazing. You don't find out to the end that Ellie Grimbridge was an automaton/robot all along.
One of the coldest lines ever in a movie was when Conal Cochran had Dr. Daniel Challis in that test room and explains the true meaning of the holiday. And puts the skull mask on him. And as he turns to leaves says, "and happy Halloween".

Oh man, the scene stopped before he threw that hail Mary with his hands tied to cover the camera. I laughed so hard at that and kept rewatching it over and over.

#1295 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Oh man, the scene stopped before he threw that hail Mary with his hands tied to cover the camera. I laughed so hard at that and kept rewatching it over and over.

I liked that part. because the camera view was looking out the skull eyes and nose.

#1296 2 years ago

Deadflip is currently setting up their gear on the stream to do a dual machine simultaneous reveal. Switch back and forth between games?

#1297 2 years ago

Looks like he’s getting ready to play LZ.

#1298 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Looks like he’s getting ready to play LZ.

No, he wheeled over LZ and Beatles just to use for setup. He said Beatles spot will be ultraman and Halloween where LZ is. Must be happening very soon (tommorow?

#1299 2 years ago

All eyes on Deadflip for the proper gameplay reveal. I wonder how many Halloween pre-order spots will be up for sale soon after?

That bizarre layout still has me scratching my head.

#1300 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

All eyes on Deadflip for the proper gameplay reveal. I wonder how many Halloween pre-order spots will be up for sale soon after?
That bizarre layout still has me scratching my head.

This bizarre layout is the same as the awesome looking UM machine that you where raving about three pages ago buddy, just incase you didn't know
How about you just start your own page on how HWN sucks instead of being a buzz killing troll on a page where people are actually excited for the theme and game. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.99
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/26?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.