(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 82.
#1201 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

First on the scene should get the choice of best acronym. No need to throw JC or 78 in there since there are no others?
BSD was not the first Dracula so the BS was needed.

Nailed it!!

#1202 2 years ago

HWN ,immediately you think Halloween. JCH, I'd have no idea in casual conversation what that means.

#1203 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

HWN ,immediately you think Halloween. JCH, I'd have no idea in casual conversation what that means.

Jesus Christ Hayfarmer...

#1204 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Jesus Christ Hayfarmer...
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"f44ce5af926a4427b4f1f6cf75e9e56d7fc4d5d0-1627921449-1800"};
//]]>

Well, that works, I guess

#1205 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I hate that this makes sense. Now I’m on team JCH.

Ahhhh, but this makes more sense. I’m back on HWN.

So close to converting you, LOL.

#1206 2 years ago

Anyone else catch the super cool knife mirror blade on the right hand side running up next to the shooter lane? Looked amazing hope it's in the game when they start shipping!!

#1207 2 years ago
Quoted from CheapTrick33:

Anyone else catch the super cool knife mirror blade on the right hand side running up next to the shooter lane? Looked amazing hope it's in the game when they start shipping!!

Standard in ce

#1208 2 years ago
Quoted from CheapTrick33:

That's the special add on that comes with the collectors edition.

#1209 2 years ago

Actually, given how many people have to ask 'what is XXX', especially with BSD, keeping it simpler rather than throwing in things that technically don't translate to those not in the know

HWN is much more obvious.

JCH
or H78

Prepare to constantly be answering what is XXX if you go with those. They are too clever for their own good.

#1210 2 years ago

Anyone considering removing the led strips and reinstalling them underneath the upper playfields so that the light show is less direct and more atmospheric? It looks like it can be done.

#1211 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Anyone considering removing the led strips and reinstalling them underneath the upper playfields so that the light show is less direct and more atmospheric? It looks like it can be done.

I plan to do so with my Ultraman. Gonna insert them into something like below, then reinstall.

https://www.solidapollo.com/10mm-waterproofing-silicon-tube.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwr56IBhAvEiwA1fuqGngyku2JjuwyqIEGNWiYfvVJ4X7DhX7scWG4kqU8CC6ugbpXJgKclhoCr-8QAvD_BwE

I'm gonna help my buddy do his Halloween first, since he has a nice low number on his.

#1212 2 years ago

Who cares whats easy for the newbs... I've earned the right to immediately recognize EATPM. Where else can I exercise this finely honed skill I've obtained by wasting years of my life reading this forum. The harder the better... bring on JCH.

#1213 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I plan to do so with my Ultraman. Gonna insert them into something like below, then reinstall.
https://www.solidapollo.com/10mm-waterproofing-silicon-tube.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwr56IBhAvEiwA1fuqGngyku2JjuwyqIEGNWiYfvVJ4X7DhX7scWG4kqU8CC6ugbpXJgKclhoCr-8QAvD_BwE
I'm gonna help my buddy do his Halloween first, since he has a nice low number on his.

You might be able to get a frosted shield like Pinstadium uses and put that over the strips rather then relocation. I will say though while playing the machine they weren't a deterrent from seeing the ball during play.

#1214 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

You might be able to get a frosted shield like Pinstadium uses and put that over the strips rather then relocation. i will say though while playing the machine they weren't a deterrent from seeing the ball during play.

Frosted is the goal for me. Just to kinda hide the led strip-ness of them. I'm sure JJP hotrails are bare LEDs behind the frosted shield, but the shield gives a more finished look, in my opinion.

#1215 2 years ago

Right on, I was thinking of moving their position from pointing straight out at the player to straight down at the playfield from under the uppers. It may not be possible but I think i might attempt it when I get my game...270 years from now (or at least it will feel that long haha)

#1216 2 years ago

I say let Spooky decide what it should be called. I believe someone said that Bug referred to it as H78. I don't have source so this could be a very bad rumor like Lyman Sheets going to CGC.

#1217 2 years ago

Anything other than HWN is honestly kind of silly.

H78 is more of a designation to keep the movies straight, since both the RZ remake AND the recent direct sequel were simply called Halloween. It isn't necessary at all for the pinball machine since there is only one.

#1218 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Anything other than HWN is honestly kind of silly.
H78 is more of a designation to keep the movies straight, since both the RZ remake AND the recent direct sequel were simply called Halloween. It isn't necessary at all for the pinball machine since there is only one.

Let's say we ignore the "John Carpenter's" part of the title and we all agree the game is called Halloween. Then we should just use Halloween. No need to abbreviate a one word game title. People don't abbreviate Mustang or Blackout or KISS.

#1219 2 years ago

Just call it ..... H

#1220 2 years ago

Here’s another short video from the convention in case anyone missed it.

#1221 2 years ago

JCHWN78 CE, Flows off the tongue. (Yes, mine is a CE)

#1222 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Here’s another short video from the convention in case anyone missed it.

D75A04FC-106F-4D34-8C7B-8482CFC851A1 (resized).jpegD75A04FC-106F-4D34-8C7B-8482CFC851A1 (resized).jpeg
#1223 2 years ago

Too bad he could hit a single target or scoop. Can we even call that gameplay footage?

#1224 2 years ago

Not any proficient ballers at the horror con apparently. Shame.

Quoted from Billup:

Too bad he could hit a single target or scoop. Can we even call that gameplay footage?

#1225 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Not any proficient ballers at the horror con apparently. Shame.

Just this guy

Phantasm-1 (resized).jpgPhantasm-1 (resized).jpg
#1226 2 years ago

Out of this whole weekend, 2 conventions, 2 Pinball machines, and we got barely 3 vids. Seriously!!!

#1227 2 years ago

Good things come to those who wait…………………….

#1228 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Out of this whole weekend, 2 conventions, 2 Pinball machines, and we got barely 3 vids. Seriously!!!

I live 20 mins from where the convention was and was tempted but I want to wait until I get it in my house in a month or so. Should have taken one for the team...my bad.

#1229 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I live 20 mins from where the convention was and was tempted but I want to wait until I get it in my house in a month or so. Should have taken one for the team...my bad.

Shame!!! Shame!!!

#1230 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Good things come to those who wait…………………….

Oh I can and can't wait!!!

#1231 2 years ago

H78 or hwn gets my vote. Even though I clicked on a halloween thread I still couldn't figure out what this JCH mentioned by some even
meant at first. I was like, what now there's a 3rd pin? Dont even get me started on ukr.

When I look at JCH I draw a blank.
When I see hwn or H78 I instantly know.

Acronyms are suppose to make things easy, not make you ask google or Webster's to figure out the meaning.

#1232 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I considered shooting some vid with my iPhone at Allentown but didn’t want to hear the complaints from all the usual suspects.
I also would have needed a designated player to film with serious skill. One ball games were the final nail in the coffin.

#1233 2 years ago

Just catching up on things and wow John wick was the original design? Would love to see if it was a different design, can’t quite imagine this final design as John wick.

#1234 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I considered shooting some vid with my iPhone at Allentown but didn’t want to hear the complaints from all the usual suspects.
I also would have needed a designated player to film with serious skill. One ball games were the final nail in the coffin.

I'm just saying if anyone needs me to be the player for a video at TPF, just ask. I'll be more than happy to provide that service.

#1235 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Just catching up on things and wow John wick was the original design? Would love to see if it was a different design, can’t quite imagine this final design as John wick.

Yea, not quite buying that, or that Halloween was a third choice behind it and Ultraman....

I speculate Halloween was the core, and Ultraman was a well played jab @ Godzilla...

( Huge John Wick fan btw)

#1236 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I'm just saying if anyone needs me to be the player for a video at TPF, just ask. I'll be more than happy to provide that service.

Ditto. I just barely made it to rank 199 for a week before covid hit. LOL. That was my highest ranking ever. And I was stoked.

#1237 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Yea, not quite buying that, or that Halloween was a third choice behind it and Ultraman....
I speculate Halloween was the core, and Ultraman was a well played jab @ Godzilla...
( Huge John Wick fan btw)

There are a few podcasts the Spooky crew has been on. They confirmed that when the group started the game design, they had John Wick in mind. I don't think they ever actually pursued the license. They also confirmed that they secured the Ultraman license well before Halloween. They started licensing talks for Ultraman at the same time they secured Rick and Morty.

#1238 2 years ago

There are a few podcasts the Spooky crew has been on. They confirmed that when the group started the game design, they had John Wick in mind. I don't think they ever actually pursued the license. They also confirmed that they secured the Ultraman license well before Halloween. They started licensing talks for Ultraman at the same time they secured Rick and Morty.

Interesting.....I'd think Ultraman would be easier ( cheaper) to procure than Halloween, but have no clue in truth. Think UM looks great from what I've seen, but the game oozes Halloween as the primary skin to me....

#1239 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Interesting.....I'd think Ultraman would be easier ( cheaper) to procure than Halloween, but have no clue in truth. Think UM looks great from what I've seen, but the game oozes Halloween as the primary skin to me....

I was shocked when I heard that on the podcast. I thought those hedges were Halloween all over. Maybe things evolved over time. That feature certainly works for the Baltan and Michael angle.

#1240 2 years ago

You can tell thats really early code, not much going on with the lcd and playfield, and it doesn't help that the people playing completely suck

#1241 2 years ago

I’m surprised about The lack of animations in the back box during the game. Maybe it’s the terrible gameplay thus far not going deep into Vice but still, seems like placeholders at this time? Weird

#1242 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I’m surprised about The lack of animations in the back box during the game. Maybe it’s the terrible gameplay thus far not going deep into Vice but still, seems like placeholders at this time? Weird

The animator was in here saying that there's a ton not implemented yet.

#1243 2 years ago

25 pages of loathing over a game that hasn't been played or had a play reveal after 4 weeks! I'm sure there will be no less than 1250 rave reviews after it happens.

#1244 2 years ago

1251. I might post twice im so excited

#1245 2 years ago

I listened to Spooky saying that the upper playfield was the hotel in John Wick.

Game was 100% designed for John Wick and then for reasons unknown, it switched to Halloween.

#1246 2 years ago

I don’t think it’s reason unknown. They couldn’t get the licenses

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I listened to Spooky saying that the upper playfield was the hotel in John Wick.
Game was 100% designed for John Wick and then for reasons unknown, it switched to Halloween.

#1247 2 years ago

Speaking of BSD (Bram Stoker's Dracula), doesn't JCH (John Carpenter's Halloween) just feel better than HWN (3 letters pulled out of one word in the title)? I mean, right?

I agree that JCH sounds better as an acronym but it probably wouldn't make sense to most pinball people. With BSD the movie was actually called "Bram Stokers Dracula" and that was in a huge title on the backglass. The equivalent in this case would be calling it "Francis Ford Coppola's Bram Stokers Dracula" which is verbose.

#1248 2 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

I agree that JCH sounds better as an acronym but it probably wouldn't make sense to most pinball people. With BSD the movie was actually called "Bram Stokers Dracula" and that was in a huge title on the backglass. The equivalent in this case would be calling it "Francis Ford Coppola's Bram Stokers Dracula" which is verbose.

All of John Carpenters Movies have his name in the title except for maybe Dark Star. That was his trademark.

#1249 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

All of John Carpenters Movies have his name in the title except for maybe Dark Star. That was his trademark.

Colloquially perhaps but it’s not on the original poster or listed on IMDb as such. I’ve never heard anyone say “John Carpenters Big Trouble in Little China” when casually referring to the movie and pretty much all me and my friends do is drink, play pinball and watch John Carpenter movies.

#1250 2 years ago

Alice Coopers Nightmare Castle = ACNC - not NC
Rob Zombie's Spookshow International = RZ - not SI
Elvira's House of Horrors = EHOH - not HOH
John Carpenter's Halloween = JCH - its right there on the backglass and topper

HWN is not even an acronym. Its an abbreviation that isn't necessary because a TLA is right there printed on the game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.