(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 82.
#1151 2 years ago

I'm not sure if anyone else has posted the UK build numbers here but they aren't on the spread sheet. Here they are...
Distro - Pinball Heaven
743-759 CE
1093-1094 BSE
1182 SE

#1152 2 years ago

So that’s at least 2 in Wales then

#1153 2 years ago

As good as this game looks, I really don't think it will stay long in most collections. Which is good news for others to own this game when they get flipped...and a high percentage will be flipped.

UM seems the better option. HWN is a one-trick pony, and UM seems to offer more variety and fun for the player (and all the family).

I love HWN, but it's not a great match for a modern pinball machine...as you owners will soon discover. The Evil Dead however, a match made in hell!

#1154 2 years ago

This is ridiculous. It’s the SAME GAME...and HWN was the initial design. UM is cool too, and obviously better for kids. Why don’t you try to hold out on criticism until the actual gameplay is shown?

Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

As good as this game looks, I really don't think it will stay long in most collections. Which is good news for others to own this game when they get flipped...and a high percentage will be flipped.
UM seems the better option. HWN is a one-trick pony, and UM seems to offer more variety and fun for the player (and all the family).
I love HWN, but it's not a great match for a modern pinball machine...as you owners will soon discover. The Evil Dead however, a match made in hell!

#1155 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This is ridiculous. It’s the SAME GAME...and HWN was the initial design. UM is cool too, and obviously better for kids. Why don’t you try to hold out on criticism until the actual gameplay is shown?

The original design was John Wick.

So, only that one video from the whole weekend show?

#1156 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

The original design was John Wick.
So, only that one video from the whole weekend show?

Ridiculous. One crappy gameplay video.

#1158 2 years ago

When there are video games like PS-Resident Evil Village out that kids have access to youtube video or the actual game itself, do you really think HWN pin will actually scare young people?

#1159 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

When there are video games like PS-Resident Evil Village out that kids have access to youtube video or the actual game itself, do you really think HWN pin will actually scare young people?

My three year old asks almost daily when our Micheal Meyers pinball is coming. He watches all kinds of spooky stuff on YouTube and loves it.

#1160 2 years ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:I’m honestly surprised that nobody in the Chicago area that ordered a Halloween (there’s gotta be at least a couple, right?) has checked this out at the Horror Con, even just to shoot some “real” footage to post of it being played.
I’m willing to put in $5-10 dollars if someone was thinking about going, just to see something better. If there’s another bunch of nerds out there that kick in, that could be some decent coin if you were on the fence on going

Man I was thinking the same thing. If that was near Cleveland it would be a win win for me. Horror con and get some video etc on the new pin.

#1161 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

You seem to really have an axe to grind with HWN. What gives? Have you played it? How can you make such bold statements?

Your kinda losing credibility.

#1162 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

My three year old asks almost daily when our Micheal Meyers pinball is coming. He watches all kinds of spooky stuff on YouTube and loves it.

"Hello, CPS...."

#1163 2 years ago

There is scary and there is adult content, since we haven’t seen the game we don’t know what direction they are going to go with the animations etc.

Different peoples houses have different rules, my 10 year old has watched Halloween 1 and 3 but he doesn’t scare easy. However I try to keep sexual situations away because he’s not quite ready for that

Quoted from Txcoastal1:

#1164 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Wth? Sure. Thanks for your opinion I guess.

#1165 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

There is scary and there is adult content, since we haven’t seen the game we don’t know what direction they are going to go with the animations etc.
Different peoples houses have different rules, my 10 year old has watched Halloween 1 and 3 but he doesn’t scare easy. However I try to keep sexual situations away because he’s not quite ready for that

Fair enough. My kids were immersed in my shit when they were 3 and up. If they showed interest I’d show them. We’d dialogue together and I made it fun. I’m not into torture, but I do love me a good sci-fi or horror flick. My kids are adults now and well adjusted to boot; even with a fucked up Dad like me! Who knew?!?!

#1166 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

And.....ridiculous...HWN already getting preflipped ( expected) and no clue where or why you created a baseless claim...unfortunate...

#1167 2 years ago

As long as the gameplay is there, I think HWN will be just fine. As I mentioned, I too am in the camp that at the moment I actually prefer the aesthetics of UMN, but that could change as more is shown on both games.

Were both games rulesets/coding being done by the same person? Was there formal template they followed and just substituted subject matter? Are they completely different play wise in modes and rules? These are the things that will ultimately make a difference. (if anyone knows the answers feel free to speak up).

I think artistically where I am having trouble with HWN is way too much orange. I get it...Halloween colors, but Halloween is also lots of black, and this pin looks more thanksgiving than halloween in my mind. Too bright. Too cheery (even with knives and blood spots all over it). I get it...but it just isn't ringing with me yet.

#1168 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I believe john wick was the original game but license didn't work out. So then ultraman came next but they didn't think it wld sell all 1750 bc of such a niche theme. So Halloween was decided for most of the run with ultraman getting 500 games.

#1169 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

As long as the gameplay is there, I think HWN will be just fine. As I mentioned, I too am in the camp that at the moment I actually prefer the aesthetics of UMN, but that could change as more is shown on both games.
Were both games rulesets/coding being done by the same person? Was there formal template they followed and just substituted subject matter? Are they completely different play wise in modes and rules? These are the things that will ultimately make a difference. (if anyone knows the answers feel free to speak up).
I think artistically where I am having trouble with HWN is way too much orange. I get it...Halloween colors, but Halloween is also lots of black, and this pin looks more thanksgiving than halloween in my mind. Too bright. Too cheery (even with knives and blood spots all over it). I get it...but it just isn't ringing with me yet.

I agree the lighting works super nice on ultraman and hope some of the light shows for Halloween are changed to be more creepy and spooky.

#1170 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Funny thing when rumors of HWN were first thrown around I thought orange would have to be dominant! Fall and pumpkin color, reminds me of that season. Wish granted!

#1171 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

I agree with you. I’m hoping the sexual stuff is left out. There’s enough of that out there, so I’d rather just have the horror part in the machine,
especially with my kids in the house. Just my opinion though. If it has it, I hope I can turn it off.

#1172 2 years ago

Just saw this video pop up on my FB feed:
https://www.facebook.com/GaldinoPhoto/videos/570883484174061/?

#1174 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

I agree with you. I’m hoping the sexual stuff is left out. There’s enough of that out there, so I’d rather just have the horror part in the machine,
especially with my kids in the house. Just my opinion though. If it has it, I hope I can turn it off.

Hmmm. Both Halloween I & III had sex scenes with nudity. RZ had nudity. R&M had a ton of swearing. These are intended to be adult themed games.

Surprisingly, Halloween as a film had very little blood or gore. It was all atmosphere, and I’m sure that will translate to the game. I’d be surprised, though, if they shied away from the topless scene with PJ Soles. It’s part of one of the most iconic scenes in the movie.

#1175 2 years ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Just saw this video pop up on my FB feed:

That looks like fun. I love the speaker cutouts and flipper button guards.

LTG : )

#1176 2 years ago

Unfortunately the sexual aspect of American slasher films is very important in the genre. Without it they hardly work on a psychological level. These films are so tense because of the dichotomy that naturally exist between sex / death.

Quoted from spandol:

#1177 2 years ago

I’d love to see someone play this for more than 2 minutes.

#1178 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210801-155304_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210801-155304_Facebook (resized).jpg
#1179 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That looks like fun. I love the speaker cutouts and flipper button guards.
LTG : )

After seeing the short vid from Horror fest and playing Ultraman I am really excited. My girlfriend has been saying for over 10 years “I wish someone would make a Halloween pin.” I laugh and always say dream on! It’s Never gonna happen. Until now.

We were first in line at The Allentown show yesterday and also first in line to play Ultraman. The line was never more than 6 people long and attendance was down this year so we got to play (6) single ball games. We really enjoyed it!
Is bugs Scooby shirt a hint at the next machine to be released?

DB609987-76CB-4966-ACD2-1E6DD2021612 (resized).jpegDB609987-76CB-4966-ACD2-1E6DD2021612 (resized).jpeg
#1180 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Another person who will be eating crow like Cary Hardy did about this title...

#1181 2 years ago

I agree, and for me if we see some nudity I’m okay with it.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Unfortunately the sexual aspect of American slasher films is very important in the genre. Without it they hardly work on a psychological level. These films are so tense because of the dichotomy that naturally exist between sex / death.

#1182 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I agree the lighting works super nice on ultraman and hope some of the light shows for Halloween are changed to be more creepy and spooky.

Agreed, very easy to change in code. Way to many disco colors going on and ruins the mood/theme of the game.

#1183 2 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

Interesting to see that Nitro and Kingpin appear to have received the initial Distributor allocations and PinballStar was not till the CE 200+ allocations. I wonder why Kingpin and Nitro got preference over PinballStar? I thought PinballStar was their earliest and biggest distributor for Spooky? Does this mean that in the future, best to order directly from Kingpin / Nitro?

Not sure where you get your info we had 101-115 and first 15 just about every hundred. All 3 of us are great distributors that take care of customer - that’s why spooky only has a few hand picked ones.

#1184 2 years ago

Now seeing it a bit better, that gold trim actually looks pretty nice.

#1185 2 years ago

My Halloween ranking worst-to-best:

11. RZ Halloween
10. Halloween Resurrection
9. Halloween (2018)
8. H20
7. Halloween 2
6. Halloween 6 (Producer's Cut)
5. Halloween 4
4. Halloween 5
3. Halloween 3
2. RZ Halloween 2 (Theatrical Cut)
1. Halloween

#1186 2 years ago

Hope they do something with the lighting and shaker like on TWD prem/le, that thing gets creepy. They will need to dim those leds right down as it’s looking very bright to me to get a creepy atmosphere.

#1187 2 years ago
Quoted from Code_Blue:

My Halloween ranking worst-to-best:
11. RZ Halloween
10. Halloween Resurrection
9. Halloween (2018)
8. H20
7. Halloween 2
6. Halloween 6 (Producer's Cut)
5. Halloween 4
4. Halloween 5
3. Halloween 3
2. RZ Halloween 2 (Theatrical Cut)
1. Halloween

WTF !!! I dare you to rewatch part 6 and then rank the same again.

#1188 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

WTF !!! I dare you to rewatch part 6 and then rank the same again.

I watch part 6 a lot (both versions). Some of it is terrible but I love it.

#1189 2 years ago

blacklight lighting would look great considering the night time shots had a great blu hue courtesy of Dean Cundy...

#1190 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

blacklight lighting would look great considering the night time shots had a great blu hue courtesy of Dean Cundy...

I would like that very much as well if possible. Start off with bright orange and as you progress deeper into the game, it gets darker with the lighting. Would add a very nice touch.

#1191 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Hope they do something with the lighting and shaker like on TWD prem/le, that thing gets creepy. They will need to dim those leds right down as it’s looking very bright to me to get a creepy atmosphere.

If there’s a place they did that while the ball was held, and it is quiet (for the most part), with a creepy scene, that would rock. They mentioned in an interview, there’s a mode where you’re trying to get away from Michael and making shots quickly is the key to success. This would be a good place for something like that. I also think that’s what the licensee wanted, so it’s not just repeating parts of the movie over and over. Just a guess.

#1192 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

If there’s a place they did that while the ball was held, and it is quiet (for the most part), with a creepy scene, that would rock. They mentioned in an interview, there’s a mode where you’re trying to get away from Michael and making shots quickly is the key to success. This would be a good place for something like that. I also think that’s what the licensee wanted, so it’s not just repeating parts of the movie over and over. Just a guess.

I had BSD with a pinsound mix, the amount of times I was down in my pin room playing that late at night on my own looking over my shoulder and feeling pretty nervous I can’t tell you but this is what I want from this game. They can make this way more creepy I’m sure.

#1193 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I had BSD with a pinsound mix, the amount of times I was down in my pin room playing that late at night on my own looking over my shoulder and feeling pretty nervous I can’t tell you but this is what I want from this game. They can make this way more creepy I’m sure.

Hell yeah!!!!!!!

#1194 2 years ago

Speaking of BSD (Bram Stoker's Dracula), doesn't JCH (John Carpenter's Halloween) just feel better than HWN (3 letters pulled out of one word in the title)? I mean, right?

#1195 2 years ago

Makes sense in that perspective. I'm still a fan of H78. It will be interesting to see what it will finally be.

#1196 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Makes sense in that perspective. I'm still a fan of H78. It will be interesting to see what it will finally be.

Is there an all knowing tzar who decides these things?

#1197 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Is there an all knowing tzar who decides these things?

I think it's a mob rule thing.

#1198 2 years ago

HW78 is my vote

#1199 2 years ago

First on the scene should get the choice of best acronym. No need to throw JC or 78 in there since there are no others?
BSD was not the first Dracula so the BS was needed.

#1200 2 years ago

I hate that this makes sense. Now I’m on team JCH.

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Speaking of BSD (Bram Stoker's Dracula), doesn't JCH (John Carpenter's Halloween) just feel better than HWN (3 letters pulled out of one word in the title)? I mean, right?

Ahhhh, but this makes more sense. I’m back on HWN.

Quoted from Morgoth00:

First on the scene should get the choice of best acronym. No need to throw JC or 78 in there since there are no others?
BSD was not the first Dracula so the BS was needed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.