(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 82.
#1051 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

920 here. FOMO got me lol

I told myself I was gonna buy the next American or Spooky pinball I liked the theme of but damn the FOMO was strong with this one. 861 could not even wait for gameplay.

#1052 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

341??? I'm 908. My number will be up by the time my numbers up!!

Ya, but I was 139 for 2 weeks, then informed there was a mixup, and now I'm 341. I contacted 139 guy but he said he didn't wanna trade back.

#1053 2 years ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

I told myself I was gonna buy the next American or Spooky pinball I liked the theme of but damn the FOMO was strong with this one. 861 could not even wait for gameplay.

I wasnt really in the market for a pin, and Stern/JJP just are not on my radar at all, due to perceived lack of qc and after sales service on a $9000 toy. Ive wanted something really adult orientated and Halloween isnt from Stern or JJP and Im supporting a company that cares (American Pinball as well). Im 920, so it will be awhile, Im personally ok with it.

#1054 2 years ago

Ugh I'm #1113 for BS edition.
This is going to take awhile haha.

#1055 2 years ago

Is HWN still being brought to the Flashback Horror Convention that opens today in Chicago? Anyone heading up there to check it out?

#1057 2 years ago
Quoted from wfumed2:

Is HWN still being brought to the Flashback Horror Convention that opens today in Chicago? Anyone heading up there to check it out?

I have been to Flashback once and it was great. I flirted with the idea of trying to get there this weekend, but ultimately too far a drive from KY without more planning/days off.

#1059 2 years ago

Looks like it plays well and is a hell of a lot of fun. Originally Thought it may be a little bit of a slower game from the promo, but the actual gameplay looks outstanding.

#1060 2 years ago

Like John Floyd just stated it is looking like a fast game. Just a couple minutes to watch, but i like what I see a lot. Fast and definitely not a drain monster.

#1061 2 years ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

So cool. Thank you. Can you post a little more video?

Not mine. I copied from ultra thread

#1062 2 years ago

What’s the Chance a member on here is going to hit the horror con to see Halloween?

#1063 2 years ago

Does anyone know if stage flipping is possible on HWN / UM? I’d think with balls in play on uppers and lower playfields simultaneously that stage flipping might be crucial to mastery of this game as you could cradle at the lower flippers and shoot the uppers.

#1064 2 years ago

Like what I see!!

#1065 2 years ago

E6CF1EFB-6ABF-43A5-9232-EDA86AE62C08 (resized).pngE6CF1EFB-6ABF-43A5-9232-EDA86AE62C08 (resized).png
#1066 2 years ago

I want to see Halloween gameplay video.
Please!

#1067 2 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I want to see Halloween gameplay video.
Please!

Someone should go on the Horror Convention Facebook page and ask someone to post a video of game play...lol

#1068 2 years ago

Why can't we get more video?

#1069 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Why can't we get more video?

My theory is that Charlie wants to give the general public at the Horror Convention a chance to swipe up the remaining games that distributors have. They would probably be gone by now if there was any decent gameplay video put up.

#1070 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

My theory is that Charlie wants to give the general public at the Horror Convention a chance to swipe up the remaining games that distributors have. They would probably be gone by now if there was any decent gameplay video put up.

Cool theory.

#1071 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Does anyone know if stage flipping is possible on HWN / UM? I’d think with balls in play on uppers and lower playfields simultaneously that stage flipping might be crucial to mastery of this game as you could cradle at the lower flippers and shoot the uppers.

Yep staged flippers for all.

#1072 2 years ago

I did get to play Ultraman today while the whole time transposing the theme and music in my head to Halloween. While playing and afterwards I did get to pick Spooky Lukes brain and Spooky Bug, two great guys and glad I purchased A HWN CE from this group.

Game play:

I was pleasantly surprised how well the game shoots and play, although we were allowed only one ball I was on long enough to post my name so I did have a good ball time for a few minutes. The flippers were a bit soft but that was set purposely that way as I was informed by the spooky crew as not to over stress the machine with all the plays it was about to see, even though they still felt good.

Those ball lifts are amazing and in a show environment very quiet lol, the ball just showing up kept catching me off guard but I like it. All the mech's seem to work really well and flow was real nice, lots of good shots and some great ball speed.

The sound system sound really really good. I even dare to say it sounded better then Sterns sound systems.

The cab and build seem very solid, love the armor feel and coating, just an overall pleasant surprise.

I will be extremely happy when my CE comes around, but at game #335 I was told not to expect it for Halloween lol, who knows maybe years end but it will be well worth the wait for sure.

** Edited ** Shit I forgot about the RGB lighting and effects: Once again Spooky knock it out of the park, I think that covers it lol. The lighting dots in person really didn't affect your vision while playing and really don't look that bad or should I say pronounced as you see in photos.

BTW the playfield was stunning, the clear was beautiful. I know Jersey Jack was around behind when I asked but fuck it I did, I ask if there were any issues like JJP were experiencing. Luke told me directly they have not seen anything like that what so ever on and R&M, Alice Cooper and even this Ultraman was cc'd and dried only for about 4 hours before they built the game on it for the shows and it was holding up extremely well.

Overall guys, I say we are going to love it. It was fun to play.

** BTW: Anyone have a R&M BSE they would like to sell me lol ***

#1073 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I did get to play Ultraman today while the whole time transposing the theme and music in my head to Halloween. While playing and afterwards I did get to pick Spooky Lukes brain and Spooky Bug, two great guys and glad I purchased A HWN CE from this group.
Game play:
I was pleasantly surprised how well the game shoots and play, although we were allowed only one ball I was on long enough to post my name so I did have a good ball time for a few minutes. The flippers were a bit soft but that was set purposely that way as I was informed by the spooky crew as not to over stress the machine with all the plays it was about to see, even though they still felt good.
Those ball lifts are amazing and in a show environment very quiet lol, the ball just showing up kept catching me off guard but I like it. All the mech's seem to work really well and flow was real nice, lots of good shots and some great ball speed.
The sound system sound really really good. I even dare to say it sounded better then Sterns sound systems.
The cab and build seem very solid, love the armor feel and coating, just an overall pleasant surprise.
I will be extremely happy when my CE comes around, but at game #335 I was told not to expect it for Halloween lol, who knows maybe years end but it will be well worth the wait for sure.
** Edited ** Shit I forgot about the RGB lighting and effects: Once again Spooky knock it out of the park, I think that covers it lol. The lighting dots in person really didn't affect your vision while playing and really don't look that bad or should I say pronounced as you see in photos.
BTW the playfield was stunning, the clear was beautiful. I know Jersey Jack was around behind when I asked but fuck it I did, I ask if there were any issues like JJP were experiencing. Luke told me directly they have not seen anything like that what so ever on and R&M, Alice Cooper and even this Ultraman was cc'd and dried only for about 4 hours before they built the game on it for the shows and it was holding up extremely well.
Overall guys, I say we are going to love it. It was fun to play.
** BTW: Anyone have a R&M BSE they would like to sell me lol ***

Did spooky tell you not to expect your game by Halloween, or are you thinking you won't?

#1074 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Did spooky tell you not to expect your game by Halloween, or are you thinking you won't?

Cuz I'm 6 spots behind you and was really hoping to see mine by then. Hoping,,,,, not expecting

#1075 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Cuz I'm 6 spots behind you and was really hoping to see mine by then. Hoping,,,,, not expecting

Unfortunately I was told " Probably not " when asked if I would see it by Halloween. Oh well but don't think it will to far long off from then anyway when they get to good rhythm going. Still going to be worth the wait.

#1076 2 years ago

Oh yes I also asked about the butter cabs, spooky's daughter ( I'm guessing here ) will be contacting all the buyers as their game is going to the line if the want the butter cab or not. As most already know our game numbers came directly from spooky not the distro's who just relayed the game number onto us.

#1077 2 years ago

Unfortunately I was told " Probably not " when asked if I would see it by Halloween. Oh well but don't think it will to far long off from then anyway when they get to good rhythm going. Still going to be worth the wait.

I posted this on the Ultraman thread, but it includes projections of build schedule for Halloween too.

Take it with a grain of salt (and maybe a shot of tequila)

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-ultraman/page/27#post-6410455

#1078 2 years ago

So. You're saying there's a chance? Hopefully things will roll smoothly for them and they can ramp up and get these things out.

#1079 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So. You're saying there's a chance? Hopefully things will roll smoothly for them and they can ramp up and get these things out.

Never say never lol

#1081 2 years ago

I know Jersey Jack was around behind when I asked but fuck it I did, I ask if there were any issues like JJP were experiencing.

High five for that one lol..

#1082 2 years ago

Spooky must have told people at horrorcon no photos / video because of licensing issues. Glad we got to see UM footage though, game looks VERY promising!

#1083 2 years ago

Fyi, I am Halloween 52, and haven't heard anything about butter or anything from spooky yet, so they probably still have some time left on the first 50 vip

#1084 2 years ago

Saw these on FB

Screenshot_20210730-185813_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210730-185813_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210730-185847_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210730-185847_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210730-185731_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210730-185731_Facebook (resized).jpg
#1085 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Saw these on FB[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Happy to see the iconic Lindsey Wallace House in the background of the display!

#1086 2 years ago

Also, has Pinside decided what the game will
be abbreviated as? I’m seeing HWN, JCH, and H78

#1088 2 years ago

We’ve all agreed HWN / UM... well...not all all of us. But MOST!

Quoted from Nightmare:

#1089 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

JCH and UKR for the pair.

#1090 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210730-202148_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210730-202148_Facebook (resized).jpg
#1091 2 years ago

The game is called Halloween not ‘John Carpenters Halloween’...when you go play it are you gonna say “I just got to play John Carpenters Halloween” prob not. For Ultraman I guess I can see it...but the fewer letters and the more direct the better imo.

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

JCH and UKR for the pair.

CB3C5419-9849-4047-B167-17A68B206071 (resized).pngCB3C5419-9849-4047-B167-17A68B206071 (resized).png
#1092 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The game is called Halloween not ‘John Carpenters Halloween’...when you go play it are you gonna say “I just got to play John Carpenters Halloween” prob not. For Ultraman I guess I can see it...but the fewer letters and the more direct the better imo.
[quoted image]

See that topper? There are two words preceding Halloween... John something or other.

#1093 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

See that topper? There are two words preceding Halloween... John something or other.

Everyone knows Halloween, as Halloween. Unless you know John Carpenter, all you hear is pinball names blah blah. They already lost interest when you said pinball, they need a quick hook to bring em back!

#1094 2 years ago

I’m indifferent. JC is the man but I’m ok with any of the 3. I do think H78 has a nice ring to it.

#1095 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Everyone knows Halloween, as Halloween. Unless you know John Carpenter, all you hear is pinball names blah blah. They already lost interest when you said pinball, they need a quick hook to bring em back!

I was just pointing out that Spooky did, in fact, title this game "John Carpenter's Halloween" - which is contrary to the post I was replying to.

Can't wait to get JCWHCE #68 soon! (I'm indifferent to whatever the pinside powers that be abbreviate the game to)

#1096 2 years ago

I like H78 as well and for what its worth, I believe Bug referred to it as H78 in one of the recent podcasts they were on. HWN is fine too, but JCH is a no go. When you see it, it does not immediately register Halloween like the other 2 do.

#1097 2 years ago

Hmmm says “Halloween Collectors Edition” on my invoice and in all of Spooky’s emails.
...and on Pinside. I’m sure Carpenters name was included on the game for licensing reasons. But...the Movie is called Halloween and the game is called Halloween.

Quoted from P1nhead:

I was just pointing out that Spooky did, in fact, title this game "John Carpenter's Halloween" - which is contrary to the post I was replying to.
Can't wait to get JCWHCE #68 soon! (I'm indifferent to whatever the pinside powers that be abbreviate the game to)

392A7D4C-342D-4CB5-BBDC-5D541C6DE733 (resized).jpeg392A7D4C-342D-4CB5-BBDC-5D541C6DE733 (resized).jpeg
#1098 2 years ago

Oh yes I also asked about the butter cabs, spooky's daughter ( I'm guessing here ) will be contacting all the buyers as their game is going to the line if the want the butter cab or not. As most already know our game numbers came directly from spooky not the distro's who just relayed the game number onto us.

Was the one you played a butter cab? I am really starting to reconsider my decision to not get it. If it was butter how did it look?

#1099 2 years ago

Just found this;

#1100 2 years ago

STAY STILL!! Not encouraged by this but it was shot so poorly. I was more impressed with Ultraman and the two videos I saw were recorded by amateur fans. Hope more comes out to change my initial impressions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/22?hl=imagamejunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.