(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

5 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 3,847 posts
  • 410 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by mpdpvdpin
  • Topic is favorited by 136 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

573FA6DA-BEFB-4625-B6D3-96C7E3E45F66 (resized).png
spookypower (resized).jpg
20211116_202512 (resized).jpg
20211116_202521 (resized).jpg
20211116_202529 (resized).jpg
20211116_202606 (resized).jpg
20211116_202554 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_20211109_150123648 (resized).jpg
IMG_20211109_150112674 (resized).jpg
CA154FD5-0FAB-44F8-BC8B-6F62B9183CF1 (resized).jpeg
Polish_20211031_164541661 (resized).jpg
21C0BCF1-DF86-43C4-8F3B-20E22D201902 (resized).jpeg
B7171E27-78E9-4247-94A2-8D71ED8C6E46 (resized).jpeg
5187732F-EF6F-4E5F-95A9-F9371F52F5CE (resized).jpeg
65864F9D-221D-46D2-AFDC-17F3E8251C75 (resized).jpeg

There are 3,847 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 77.
#53 5 months ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Actually what is really cool is we made the cutout so big you can service almost all the mechs and switches as well as LEDs from the bottom side! Had a well known operator check it out yesterday and he was leery as well but very impressed with the steps taken to help with serviceability!

Music to people's ears.

#54 5 months ago

https://superawesomepinballshow.libsyn.com/the-super-awesome-pinball-show-ep-27-halloweenultraman
"Join Franchi and Dr. Pin as they speak exclusively with Spooky Pinball's Charlie Emery, Bug and artist Jason Edmiston about their new game Halloween, as well as Ultraman! Learn about the making of both games with all the inside information!"

#55 5 months ago

Completely love the art pack.
At last, this is how to do the theme justice, totally love it!
I called it with the bed sheet scene + Donald Pleasence BTW..... lol

#56 5 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Was the first thing I planned to mod something for. Preferably a solution that enhances the environment, but some diffusion should be possible regardless. If it's something simple, perhaps just a DIY write up...shall see...
I never like seeing bare LED strips reflect off the the plastics/playfield (my AMH came with some backboard strip mod that had to go).
Going CE if anyone cares to know.

I care because i cant wait to get all the mods you make for this baby!!!

That cross walk from the upper upper PF to the left side seems like a great spot for something

#57 5 months ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

That cross walk from the upper upper PF to the left side seems like a great spot for something
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"3651f649d73a8a4a5284a226e6f72f02f2a240fe-1625528216-1800"};
//]]>

Was talking about that area with a friend as well

Game is pretty loaded as is.

I'll rewatch some Halloween films and have the game in hand before deciding anything.

AMH reveal at the end of the week (some teasers were posted in the club thread), and hoping to squeeze something in for ACNC before Halloween arrives, so it may be hectic.

Glad to see there's early excitement for whatever I may come up with (could be someone gets to those areas before I do).

#58 5 months ago

Does anyone know what "Dual Inlane Lifters" are? This is listed as a game feature.

#59 5 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I'll rewatch some Halloween films and have the game in hand before deciding anything.
AMH reveal at the end of the week (some teasers were posted in the club thread), and hoping to squeeze something in for ACNC before Halloween arrives, so it may be hectic.
Glad to see there's early excitement for whatever I may come up with (could be someone gets to those areas before I do).

Neca has a bunch of figures out there now, different heads/ masks, smaller pumpkins,.. you could even add some Rob Zombie Halloween themed items to mix it up. The station wagon he drives at one point. The clothes lines. Halloween III masks, Butcher knife to add to the same spot they have one in the CE.

#60 5 months ago

CE w butter.....very excited...this the club thread?

#61 5 months ago

Saw spooky say the entire original soundtrack is in the game! plus "new music" by piggyD from Rob Zombie

#62 5 months ago
Quoted from Robodobro:

Neca has a bunch of figures out there now, different heads/ masks, smaller pumpkins,.. you could even add some Rob Zombie Halloween themed items to mix it up. The station wagon he drives at one point. The clothes lines. Halloween III masks, Butcher knife to add to the same spot they have one in the CE.

I appreciate the suggestions.

Off the shelf toys generally look tacky and out of place, and I'm not the sort of modder to take them and add a light, etc. (anyone can do those DIY). I did add the RZ figure to my personal game after some modification to its positioning, but I'd never sell that sort of thing.

My mods are original, and designed to fit the geometry of the game, and take many things into account to look as factory as possible.

I also try to avoid IP concerns.

Hoping there will be a way to add something more violent to the game, but I won't be able to envision it all without the game in hand.

#63 5 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Off the shelf toys generally look tacky and out of place, and I'm not the sort of modder to take them and add a light, etc. (anyone can do those DIY). I did add the RZ figure to my personal game after some modification to its positioning, but I'd never sell that sort of thing.
My mods are original, and designed to fit the geometry of the game, and take many things into account to look as factory as possible.
Hoping there will be a way to add something more violent to the game, but I won't be able to envision it all without the game in hand.

It’s always great when you have a game I’m getting or already own, because your mods are incredible. Looking forward to what you come up with!

#64 5 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I love it when I hear you’re getting a machine I’m planning on getting.
Game looks pretty packed as it is, but I’m fairly certain you come up with something for it I will have to have.
Great stuff.

#65 5 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

It’s always great when you have a game I’m getting or already own, because your mods are incredible. Looking forward to what you come up with!

Ha, we were basically typing the same thing.
Cheers

#66 5 months ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Ha, we were basically typing the same thing.
Cheers

Ha, great minds…

#67 5 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Great to hear!!! Looking forward to this one, and what you come up with...let the adventure begin ( soon)!!!

#68 5 months ago

Custom P.J. Soles callouts = WIN
Full Access to movie cut scenes (Thank God) = WIN
If Metal Ball Drop Down Mech represents Michael falling off balcony... WIN

Cab Art is good but might be a bit crowded...
Translite would be better without the big hidden pumpkin.

The ONLY thing I think looks off on the pf is being able to see all 3 Michaels at once behind the bushes. Him jumping out quicker totally hidden behind them would have been cool...

I think the layout suits HWN better than UM with quick video edits. Watched Ultraman as a kid, THANK GOD they kept it O.G., UM Family is crap.

Regardless of my take I think Spooky did great production-wise.

#69 5 months ago
Quoted from Drac:

Does anyone know what "Dual Inlane Lifters" are? This is listed as a game feature.

Like on an old em, instead of a coil popping the ball into the shooter lane, you push in the ball launch handle and the ball lifts vertically through a hole, onto the playfield. Similar to the ball popping up from a subway, except it's a smooth lifting motion instead of a violent pop.

In the video at 48 seconds, it looks like this actually replaces the inlane - that could be interesting -

#70 5 months ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

plus "new music" by piggyD from Rob Zombie

ugh, I like RZ & crew, just would rather keep original music only, unless you mean new mode/multiball transitions.

#71 5 months ago
Quoted from miracleman:

The ONLY thing I think looks off on the pf is being able to see all 3 Michaels at once behind the bushes. Him jumping out quicker totally hidden behind them would have been cool...

It's so great that they incorporated that scenario. Ironically a while back I had sent this to the guy making his own Halloween re-skin, to do a row of bushes along the shooter lane and to have Michael on a coil so it would be a sudden jump scare as the ball passed by via opto. Would have had Michael more hidden and rapid movement. I still think the spooky version will work good since you won't see it from players position anyway. I think I like Spooky's whack-a-mike better

20210530_175930 (resized).jpg

#72 5 months ago
Quoted from miracleman:

ugh, I like RZ & crew, just would rather keep original music only, unless you mean new mode/multiball transitions.

They didn't go into detail on what the new music entailed.

#73 5 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I think the first thing you should do is change that pumpkin at the scoop to the one on the movie poster. Doesnt look like Spooky used it anywhere.

6456b5250f643642a9fa93f5eab47250 (resized).jpg
#74 5 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think the first thing you should do is change that pumpkin at the scoop to the one on the movie poster. Doesnt look like Spooky used it anywhere.
[quoted image]

That’s from Halloween II

#75 5 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That’s from Halloween II

Oh, I thought it was 1. Gotcha
I'm more of a Freddy guy, I will learn.

#76 5 months ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Oh, I thought it was 1. Gotcha
I'm more of a Freddy guy, I will learn.

For me, the most iconic poster is from Halloween III. There’s something about the weird witch on the logo and the elongated kids trick or treating. But I’m a fan of that movie, so I’m biased.
001D75F1-1EEC-4B5D-BF44-DA3C1E37FB00 (resized).jpeg

#77 5 months ago

the layout looks really cool to me and I like the theme, but Im a bit worried this game is going to be a lot of stop and go. Not flowy. Theres a lot of scoops/locks. Would love to see someone actually playing it before pre ordering..

#78 5 months ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

the layout looks really cool to me and I like the theme, but Im a bit worried this game is going to be a lot of stop and go. Not flowy. Theres a lot of scoops/locks. Would love to see someone actually playing it before pre ordering..

How can someone from Haddonfield be on the fence for this title?

#79 5 months ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

How can someone from Haddonfield be on the fence for this title?

ha so true. one of the best darn theme songs too. I just like flow. Im on the fence!

#80 5 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That’s from Halloween II

Make a Halloween 2 pin knocking off the nurses and doc and we'll talk! I was hoping for a one and 2 mix.

#81 5 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Can't wait for ur Halloween mods. They are always killer and top notch.

#82 5 months ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Like on an old em, instead of a coil popping the ball into the shooter lane, you push in the ball launch handle and the ball lifts vertically through a hole, onto the playfield. Similar to the ball popping up from a subway, except it's a smooth lifting motion instead of a violent pop.
In the video at 48 seconds, it looks like this actually replaces the inlane - that could be interesting -

I don't think they replace the inlanes entirely, they are another means to feed them.

Also, we are in on a CE - was tough with Ultraman but my wife is younger and never heard of the franchise, so Halloween it is.

#83 5 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Let me know if ur doing some more acnc mods

#84 5 months ago

Does anyone know for sure what is going on with the inlanes? Seems different either way. I like everything else I see. Still 99% sure I want one.

#85 5 months ago

Well I think that looks incredible - I'm a huge fan of the original movie and that theming looks just about perfect to me.

Can't wait to see it in action properly, this may very well be my first Spooky purchase - if so I'd be in on a CE all day, wow that topper alone sells it to me.

Also loving their method of ordering ie, not immediately limited numbers of anything. Gives us mere mortals a better chance of owning the blinged version.

#86 5 months ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

Let me know if ur doing some more acnc mods

This and now that Alien is being shipped out can you look into some mods for this game too? Thanks!

#87 5 months ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Does anyone know for sure what is going on with the inlanes?

Seems to be normal inlanes for balls in play, and then a lifting mech on each side to spit out staged/Subway(?) balls

#88 5 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

For me, the most iconic poster is from Halloween III. There’s something about the weird witch on the logo and the elongated kids trick or treating. But I’m a fan of that movie, so I’m biased.
[quoted image]

I had seen a couple Halloween films, but it wasn't my preference for horror. III looks much better than what I've seen, and I look forward to watching it soon (new motivation/interest in the series with the pin).

Seeing this pic, I wonder if Lock, Shock, and Barrel from The Nightmare Before Christmas were intentionally styled after the Season of the Witch characters.

No hard evidence with a Google search at first, but these two images coincidentally came up next to each other in a search and made me think it may be more than a coincidence. Similar masks/colors (skull/witch are a match, but perhaps just common), and one with a pointy hat for each.

EDIT: Seeing now the witch (from Halloween) doesn't have a purple cloak in the film (black), but still interesting if there's any link.
asdfasdfasdf (resized).jpg

#89 5 months ago

So on the main playfield, there are three steel ramps. Where do each of them feed? I thought they mentioned one of them had a diverter to the second upper pf

#90 5 months ago

I want this game. I don’t know if I want to plop down the cash for it. At 25, I probably have better things to put 9k in to. Maybe in a few years!

#91 5 months ago

Is there a feature matrix anywhere for the 3 models? I can live without the topper and those side rails if there’s a base model without them, perfect!

#92 5 months ago

Also on the first upper pf, it looks like the hole below the flipper goes to the shooter lane but not sure about the hole in the upper right? Maybe a drop down to the right orbit? It seems as if though the far right ramp always feeds that upper pf which is a slight concern for repetitive play. The video also showed the upper flippers active when there was no ball up there. Is there any way for that to be a setting so they’re only active when the game knows a ball is up there? Curios if anyone from Spooky can comment on how that’ll work?

#93 5 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Is there a feature matrix anywhere for the 3 models? I can live without the topper and those side rails if there’s a base model without them, perfect!

559A2B11-8B47-40CA-B1EF-DEABBB734C77 (resized).png3CBA37EF-44EE-48A6-9F4B-A97A4488FE0D (resized).pngA54F7B59-092B-4743-9AB4-1D96C223A033 (resized).png3A011421-54B2-4EF2-A43E-59F90ED146C8 (resized).png
#94 5 months ago

blockquote cite="#6370432">But I’m a fan of that movie, so I’m biased.

U are?

The art looks great but the colour scheme sucks. I'm looking forward to how they implement rules/code with this game.

#95 5 months ago

I can go butter or no butter.

#96 5 months ago

Does anyone know if this game will have full video and voice assets from the film? The discount Donald Pleasance voice actor in the teaser is a bit of a red flag for me. I would want full audio and video clips from the movie before pulling the trigger on this game.

#97 5 months ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Does anyone know if this game will have full video and voice assets from the film? The discount Donald Pleasance voice actor in the teaser is a bit of a red flag for me. I would want full audio and video clips from the movie before pulling the trigger on this game.

They said they had a bunch but not full access to everything.

#98 5 months ago

Of course one of the people who is always crapping on themes the minute they are announced by saying they need more blood, death, and dismemberment still hates something about this game.

#99 5 months ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

The discount Donald Pleasance voice actor in the teaser is a bit of a red flag for me

Donald died 26 years ago, so it’s a bit hard to get him to say “Jack-Fucking-Pot!!” at present.

rd

#100 5 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Donald died 26 years ago, so it’s a bit hard to get him to say “Jack-Fucking-Pot!!” at present.

rd

Yeah I'm well aware he is dead but thanks for the insight. There are more than enough soundbites from the film that could be used. Some random voice actor would kill the theme immersion and experience for me.

There are 3,847 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 77.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside