(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 82.
#851 2 years ago

Spooky order 11308 / game #54

#852 2 years ago

CE #270 - Spooky Direct

#853 2 years ago

OK... PinballSTAR is now all done sorting out - took us all day... we just need to notify everyone - hundreds of emails to send so BE PATIENT. Please do not email me individually or it'll just slow things down - wait for your email please...

BUT - After some people moved from Halloween to Ultraman we have FOUR HALLOWEEN CEs left... I debated how to do this - I hate doing Sophie's Choice and I have 100 emails of people who wanted one after they sold out... So I'm just going to reward you crazy Pinside bastards in this thread by doing this... Here's the link below - first four to grab them get them.. They are my last and highest numbers of 954, 955, 956, 957...

If you already have a game ordered through us or with anyone else - DO NOT take these please... We will cross reference and refund you... Let someone have them who didn't get one. No you can't cancel an existing order with us or someone else if this is a better number, or if you ordered an SE or BS or Ultraman you now don't want those... Sell your other spot I'm not going to cause problems for other distributors or Spooky by doing this. Only one per person... When the 4 are gone I just dumped into my paypal inventory it'll say sold out and you'll be pissed, but think of all the fun you had trying !

: )
Joe

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=FH9BTJBTDBD3C

#855 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

40 games a week they say....so we should be at approx 800 ce’s around New Years if the start production first week of Aug? Does that make sense?

They say 20 to 40, so I assume they expect to average around 30. Even being pessimistic and allowing for production to slow down for holidays, unforeseen employee circumstances, etc. I think they'll hit at least 500 games done by the end of the year, which is pretty good!

#856 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

so, here is a work in progress. . .
[quoted image]

Add #138 from nitro to yr list

#857 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Add #138 from nitro to yr list

Edit. I see you did. Sorry

#858 2 years ago

11649 / game 491 CE

#859 2 years ago
Quoted from apessino:

They say 20 to 40, so I assume they expect to average around 30. Even being pessimistic and allowing for production to slow down for holidays, unforeseen employee circumstances, etc. I think they'll hit at least 500 games done by the end of the year, which is pretty good!

Agreed...and given they are doing all CE's first, at #264 pretty confident to be seeing mine before end of year easily.

Such a great experience and communication already for me....fun stuff!!!

#860 2 years ago

11377 #162

#861 2 years ago

CE
Invoice 1167
Game #551
Direct from Spooky

#862 2 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

Game #: 568
Edition: Halloween CE
Invoice #: 11696
Distributor: Spooky Direct
Destination: Arizona, USA

Arizona here also!

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

40 games a week they say....so we should be at approx 800 ce’s around New Years if the start production first week of Aug? Does that make sense?

Yeah that would put it at 800 in January but also have to factor in the Ultraman CE.

#863 2 years ago

Spooky Order 11374, Halloween CE #160

#864 2 years ago

Spooky direct #11532 CE # 367 coming to Sydney + (UKR CE #37)

#867 2 years ago

#177 collectors edition from Spooky

#868 2 years ago

If I were to pick mine up from Benton, and then drive back to KY 8 hrs, what is the best way to transport a NIB machine? I have a pick up, a minivan, and also a trailer.

#869 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

If I were to pick mine up from Benton, and then drive back to KY 8 hrs, what is the best way to transport a NIB machine? I have a pick up, a minivan, and also a trailer.

I’ve always just used a minivan

#870 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinman502:

I’ve always just used a minivan

So the box fits in the back? I guess ultimately I could just email Spooky for the dimensions.

#871 2 years ago

Add this guy as #60

Screenshot_20210723-195950_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210723-195950_Facebook (resized).jpg
#872 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

So the box fits in the back? I guess ultimately I could just email Spooky for the dimensions.

I agree with a minivan.
1) Depends on time of year (snow , etc..)
2) You can have Spooky shrink wrap but not box it up. So easy to load in van with legs off.
3) Lots easier to unload from a minivan than from a pickup when you get home.

If it is skidded you have to consider how to unload.

#873 2 years ago

Invoice= 11803 - Halloween CE -#680 !!!! Thank You Spooky, all the bugs and code should be worked out by the 679th pin !!!! I feel great being in the middle!!

#874 2 years ago

Invoice11361 #92CE Halloween

#875 2 years ago
Quoted from Morinack:

I agree with a minivan.
1) Depends on time of year (snow , etc..)
2) You can have Spooky shrink wrap but not box it up. So easy to load in van with legs off.
3) Lots easier to unload from a minivan than from a pickup when you get home.
If it is skidded you have to consider how to unload.

Ditto on the minivan. I picked up ACNC from Spooky with one and the lower bumper height is a huge benefit especially if wrestling it solo. They removed the box and a couple of minions slid it in the back for me. I had a repurposed sliding door screen cardboard which cut down on snagging and friction as well.

#876 2 years ago

Great moving tips everyone. Want to be prepared.

#877 2 years ago

Spooky order #11694
Halloween CE #567

So excited. My first pinball machine purchase!

#878 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

I'm considering the road trip as well. I'll be close to the end. Probably at least 14 months out. I'm just north of Louisville. If we're complete close together, perhaps we could carpool. I have a truck with a lift gate. She's old but gets the job done.

#879 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vehicles_for_Moving_Pinball_Machines

Pinball boxes are usually 32 inches by 32 inches by 60 inches. If boxed, lay it on the "Truck From This Side" side of the box.

LTG : )

#880 2 years ago

And delt31 wins the prize for being the first to list his spot on the market place for a paltry $1k profit GLWTS

#881 2 years ago

Order #11373 game #159 HWN CE Direct from Spooky

#882 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

And delt31 wins the prize for being the first to list his spot on the market place for a paltry $1k profit GLWTS

Someone listed and sold a spot already last week or so. $600 profit on that one.

#883 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Someone listed and sold a spot already last week or so. $600 profit on that one.

This is the first after the game numbers released, but I stand corrected thank you

#884 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can’t wait to see more gameplay!!!

Then why are you flipping your spot?

#885 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Then why are you flipping your spot?

He couldn't wait obviously

#886 2 years ago

He got two games and is selling the higher spot

#888 2 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Total BS on his part then.

#889 2 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

For $1k profit no less

#890 2 years ago

Kind of sucks people could buy 2 of the same game.

#891 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Kind of sucks people could buy 2 of the same game.

That wasn't supposed to be allowed. 1 of each was the rule

#892 2 years ago

Yeah, apparently I should just start flipping preorders. Everyone treats me like I'm an asshole anyways. Might as well get some money off it. Seems easy enough, with people buying preorders before distros are even sold out.

#893 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

For $1k profit no less

say-it-isnt-so (resized).jpgsay-it-isnt-so (resized).jpg
#894 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah, apparently I should just start flipping preorders. Everyone treats me like I'm an asshole anyways. Might as well get some money off it. Seems easy enough, with people buying preorders before distros are even sold out.

Lol, pretty sure Frax wouldn't do that.

#895 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

If Joe can ever figure out how to count numbers, yes i saw the posts above, someone will get my Halloween CE through him at cost or less if no demand for it. Why? Based on how he sent out the email blasts. Someone who ordered through Spooky direct at 10 am will have a lower number than mine at 9:05 with Joe. Got the email at 9:04. I made the mistake of clicking it after i couldn't get through on Spooky site. Some people want to be at the end of the run, i'm not waiting that long for any game . I'm too old.
I have another one from a friend of mine.

Oh boy. I still haven’t got my number yet. So ordering early did me no good you’re saying. This isn’t feeling so well

#896 2 years ago

Some of us are impatient and tried every avenue to get a low number. Can’t fault a guy for hedging his bet and games were available for a few days afterwards. No body got locked out of a game that wanted one on the first day or two. We still haven’t seen anything else. There could be a mass exodus if something looks bad or the games value could skyrocket if it seems amazing. I was able to get through almost immediately with Pinball Star so I didn’t try anywhere else but it seems guys checking out 10/ 20 minutes later through Spookys site may end up in front of me . It’s an imperfect system but it’s better than many alternatives.

#897 2 years ago

You can’t expect Spooky to be able to catch people using different Credit cards , business addresses, parent’s addresses , fang club membership in spouses names. It’s too complicated and people are too resourceful.

#898 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lol, pretty sure Frax wouldn't do that.

You're right. I'm too much of a decent human being for my own good.

#899 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree, I did the same thing on crazy order day, couldn't get it to go through on Spooky's site so ordered one from Joe, then the order went through on Spooky's site, so I emailed Joe to cancel seeing as I'd already got a spot. I don't see why he couldn't do the same thing. It's the decent thing to do, instead no he tries to profit. What he should have done is just offer it at cost not try and flip it for a quick buck. You are just tarnishing your reputation with your fellow pinheads.
Rant over...

#900 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I don’t think you’re an asshole at all but that got a legit LOL from me from being around Pinside for a while. I love me a good Frax dustup.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/18?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.