(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 82.
#651 2 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

That appears to have been premature claim. Distributors still have some as well I think.

It was Spooky Pinball themselves who indicated that they were sold out.

And that has nothing to do with distributors having any.

#652 2 years ago

Yep, as the distros are committed to their agreed number, Spooky considers those sold.

#653 2 years ago

I'm just hoping to have my game by Halloween... 2022!

#654 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I'm just hoping to have my game by Halloween... 2022!

Thats how I'm preparing for it as well. I may be borderline insane for thinking this, but if it arrives earlier I may keep it in storage and debut it October 1st 2022.

#655 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Thats how I'm preparing for it as well. I may be borderline insane for thinking this, but if it arrives earlier I may keep it in storage and debut it October 1st 2022.

Not a bad idea! Unfotunately for me, I am sure everyone I play pin with will already have played this game to death by the time I get mine. I can only hope that they aren't already bored with it by then. I'm busting it out as soon as possible.

#656 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Not a bad idea! Unfotunately for me, I am sure everyone I play pin with will already have played this game to death by the time I get mine. I can only hope that they aren't already bored with it by then. I'm busting it out as soon as possible.

Yeah, probably playing immediately is the best bet. Don't wanna get dead with a pin sitting in storage.

#657 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's misleading at best.

#658 2 years ago

I'm sure ss things get hashed out from the double orders and such, there will be a few available everywhere

#659 2 years ago

Not misleading at all if Spooky sells directly to end users. In fact, it's a necessary announcement if they do.

#660 2 years ago

It is kind of misleading. Half the games are pre allotted to distros. Then people scream SOLD OUT! when Spooky runs out, for nothing more than bragging rights. It's not Spooky that's the problem though, it's the people here screaming it. Rather than scream SOLD OUT directing people to the distros that still have the games would be much more helpful.

#661 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It is kind of misleading. Half the games are pre allotted to distros. Then people scream SOLD OUT! when Spooky runs out, for nothing more than bragging rights. It's not Spooky that's the problem though, it's the people here screaming it.

Half of the games go to Distributors? Never heard that number..

#662 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Half of the games go to Distributors? Never heard that number..

I don't know the exact numbers obviously, but they've always said block of 50 back and forth. One would assume around half.

#663 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't know the exact numbers obviously, but they've always said block of 50 back and forth. One would assume around half.

Thought it was 50/50/50 with location?

#664 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

the first 50 or so are license holders/locations/friends - again...that's just based on what they've said in the past, not claiming to know exacts.

#665 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think the "location" games are part of the first 50 or so along with studio people, actors, license holders, etc... Then it goes 50/50 from there on out between Spooky and Distributors. At least that is how it went with their previous titles based on their explanations.

#667 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I think the "location" games are part of the first 50 or so along with studio people, actors, license holders, etc... Then it goes 50/50 from there on out between Spooky and Distributors. At least that is how it went with their previous titles based on their explanations.

and code tester's

#668 2 years ago

Just a heads up, the folks on the UKR thread from "down under" have begun getting their numbers. It sounds like some of the early builds will be for overseas. No idea if this is b/c of distributor or just a consolidation effort.

#669 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

the first 50 or so are license holders/locations/friends - again...that's just based on what they've said in the past, not claiming to know exacts.

I think there is like 3 distributors. You are saying they took 291 units on to sell per distributor?

#670 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I think there is like 3 distributors. You are saying they took 291 units on to sell per distributor?

3 US distributors, 1 in Canada (and he also does US sales) and 1 in NZ. Spooky sells 50% of the game allotment direct and the other 50% is divided to the distributors. I don't believe the breakdown per distributor has been discussed.

#671 2 years ago

Not even remotely misleading in any way, shape or form.

In fact, when Spooky announced that they were sold out, they specifically said to "check with your distributor!"

Accusing Spooky of being misleading is ridiculous, as they are the most credible pinball company in existence.

#672 2 years ago

Is it time to receive our game numbers yet? Would be great to know so we can set our expectations accordingly.

#673 2 years ago

Can anyone wait for anything anymore??!?

#674 2 years ago

So....my HWN CE is going on location. Should I send Spooky an email? I didn’t specify that it would be when I ordered. Orrrr do they just prioritize locations they have done business with prior?

Quoted from Calfdemon:

#675 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

So....my HWN CE is going on location. Should I send Spooky an email? I didn’t specify that it would be when I ordered. Orrrr do they just prioritize locations they have done business with prior?

I would say it is worth reaching out to them and letting them know. No idea if there is paperwork involved etc.

#676 2 years ago

Can’t wait to see more gameplay!!!

Like others mentioned, Halloween 2 (the one right after the original) is super underrated. IMO, it’s almost as good as the original. The double shot eyes bleeding out is still an amazing look.

#4, although not good, was still good to me though. Love the ending on that one too.

#677 2 years ago

Word, I fired off an email. Part of me is happy to wait for a later build but everyone at the bar is friggin amped about it soooo

Quoted from Zablon:

I would say it is worth reaching out to them and letting them know. No idea if there is paperwork involved etc.

#678 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can’t wait to see more gameplay!!!
Like others mentioned, Halloween 2 (the one right after the original) is super underrated. IMO, it’s almost as good as the original. The double shot eyes bleeding out is still an amazing look.
#4, although not good, was still good to me though. Love the ending on that one too.

I think the first 3 are pretty universally loved, but I agree that 4 is way more fun that it gets credit for. 6 might be the worst movie I’ve ever seen, and I routinely subject myself to abject trash. It’s actually incomprehensible to me that Paul Rudd was able to land another single roll after that performance. I recently tried the producers cut with an open mind and I think it might have been even worse.

The Rob Zombie ones have aged very well and deserve a revisit from the haters, especially the directors cut of 2. I can absolutely understand the hate for the childhood stuff in one but the kills are stellar and it’s one of the best casts of its era.

I’d rank the Michael Myers movies this way

Halloween (1978)
Halloween (2018)
Halloween 2 (Rob Zombie)
Halloween 2 (1981)
Halloween (Rob Zombie)
Halloween 4
Halloween: H20
Halloween 5
Halloween: Resurrection
Halloween 6

#679 2 years ago

#680 2 years ago

HELL YAH I just won a CE Halloween/Ultraman machine in the raffle!!!!!!!!!!
Hmm should I do Ultraman so that I have both?

#681 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Congratulations #121!

#682 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"969e5e60684f067e418574ac8265b333e63b7132-1626654471-1800"};
//]]>

You are obligated to do both now

#683 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"12e9215df7f30fccf3cf4b99dff0c56c735f3e03-1626655712-1800"};
//]]>

Congrats!

#684 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Nice!!!! Congrats!

#685 2 years ago

congrats !!

#686 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I ordered the Halloween, but if I was to win the raffle, we were going to donate an UM to St Judes Childrens here in Houston

#687 2 years ago

How about this idea for a mode/adventure?:

-Michael is hidden.
-While Michael is hidden, you hit shots to escape and build up a jackpot.
-You have to hit a number of shots to successfully evade.
-Michael will randomly pop out behind a hedge... When this happens, you have to hide. "Hiding" means you can't hit any switches (the aim is to get control of the ball and hold, catch your breath).
-Three switch hits with an emerged Michael means you are killed and lose the mode.
-Wait until Michael hides, then continue toward your escape.

Simple, but fun. And I don't think the evade switch hits has been done before.

#688 2 years ago
Quoted from tonedef131:

I think the first 3 are pretty universally loved, but I agree that 4 is way more fun that it gets credit for. 6 might be the worst movie I’ve ever seen, and I routinely subject myself to abject trash. It’s actually incomprehensible to me that Paul Rudd was able to land another single roll after that performance. I recently tried the producers cut with an open mind and I think it might have been even worse.
The Rob Zombie ones have aged very well and deserve a revisit from the haters, especially the directors cut of 2. I can absolutely understand the hate for the childhood stuff in one but the kills are stellar and it’s one of the best casts of its era.
I’d rank the Michael Myers movies this way
Halloween (1978)
Halloween (2018)
Halloween 2 (Rob Zombie)
Halloween 2 (1981)
Halloween (Rob Zombie)
Halloween 4
Halloween: H20
Halloween 5
Halloween: Resurrection
Halloween 6

Where is Halloween III?

#689 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Where is Halloween III?

He was ranking only the Michael Myers films.

#690 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Enjoy my 90 bucks, ya lucky bastard. Congrats. I'll be over here planning out my budget for the next year. Sigh.

#691 2 years ago

Just received my game #417, so I'm guessing the 4th or 5th batch

The moment you have been waiting for is now here. no more losing sleep over which number you have in the line

Halloween 417 you are in the fourth batch of machines that i get (after the early location ones)

*numbers indicate a rough idea on when your game will be built, but are not a guarantee as show games, overseas orders, special requests, etc can move games around in the queue.

#692 2 years ago

I'm 219. I have no clue when it will come, but I bet it's before Halloween.

#693 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I'm 219. I have no clue when it will come, but I bet it's before Halloween.

Before Halloween 2021?

#694 2 years ago

That would pend on 50 games or 100 games per month. I'm guesstimating full production start is probably 3-4 weeks away

#695 2 years ago

I thought I read somewhere on here that production started last Friday (when a big shipment of parts arrived) and that they can make approx 22 game a week.

#696 2 years ago
Quoted from the_one:

Before Halloween 2021?

I bet there's a good chance. If they are making close to 100 games a month and we have over 3 months until Halloween...I'd say there is a chance. A lot of variables could impact that.

Honestly it doesn't matter to me when I get it...I've never cared about the timing when getting a game, but it's fun to speculate.

#697 2 years ago

So I am curious as to the music used for Halloween during gameplay. It is not like the movie has much to go by. Did they mention anything?

#698 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Honestly it doesn't matter to me when I get it...I've never cared about the timing when getting a game, but it's fun to speculate.

Ditto, here too, just as excited to see pinheads get theirs or start seeing them pop up on location

#699 2 years ago

Did you get your numbers through spooky or distros ?

#700 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Did you get your numbers through spooky or distros ?

KingPin just sent out an email blast

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 49.99
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/14?hl=viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.