(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 82.
#551 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have also. Only previously seeing 1,2 and RZ reboots. I am up to 6 right now.

I blitzed through all of the movies the last week or so too. I had actually missed a couple in the middle over the years, didn't know there were any I hadn't seen.

On one hand, all of the non-RZ Halloween movies are the same exact plot progression. Got really old watching 60 minutes of semi-pointless build-up, and then 30 minutes of Michael Myers killing people before he "dies" at the end.

The first 3 movies were all good, and didn't really follow the path all the other sequels repeated. But man, all the sequels after 3 really suck (didn't watch 2018 yet)! The fact that they have retconned their retcons should be all you need to know. What a complete mess of a storyline. They all ignore 3, H2O ignores all but 1 and 2. 2018 ignores all except 1. Huh?

I know I'll get a ton of disagreement here, but I actually liked the RZ remakes. The RZ movies get a lot of shit, but I just watched them, and other than the first 3 movies, they are BY FAR better than anything else in the series (again, I can't compare 2018 since I haven't watched it yet). Way different style for sure, and they probably earned points from be because I wasn't bored watching the same story progression AGAIN, which is how I felt watching 4 thru 8. I get people think the original Halloween is hallowed ground and cannot be tampered with, but I have to say, both RZ versions were so much better than they get credit for. That said, I'm probably more into violent, gory horror than slow, plodding horror, so they were more my style than the style of all the stupid post-Halloween 3 sequels.

#552 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I went Direct as It was a frantic frenzy that morning and I wanted to make sure I got one. Later I found out my local guy is a spooky Dealer. Oh well...next time.
I know they are doing 50 friends/family/licensee special orders first. I believe they are then doing 50 distros...then 50 direct. I should be in the first 50 direct if my math is right.

What is your order number from your confirmation email

#553 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I blitzed through all of the movies the last week or so too. I had actually missed a couple in the middle over the years, didn't know there were any I hadn't seen.
On one hand, all of the non-RZ Halloween movies are the same exact plot progression. Got really old watching 60 minutes of semi-pointless build-up, and then 30 minutes of Michael Myers killing people before he "dies" at the end.
The first 3 movies were all good, and didn't really follow the path all the other sequels repeated. But man, all the sequels after 3 really suck (didn't watch 2018 yet)! The fact that they have retconned their retcons should be all you need to know. What a complete mess of a storyline. They all ignore 3, H2O ignores all but 1 and 2. 2018 ignores all except 1. Huh?
I know I'll get a ton of disagreement here, but I actually liked the RZ remakes. The RZ movies get a lot of shit, but I just watched them, and other than the first 3 movies, they are BY FAR better than anything else in the series (again, I can't compare 2018 since I haven't watched it yet). Way different style for sure, and they probably earned points from be because I wasn't bored watching the same story progression AGAIN, which is how I felt watching 4 thru 8. I get people think the original Halloween is hallowed ground and cannot be tampered with, but I have to say, both RZ versions were so much better than they get credit for. That said, I'm probably more into violent, gory horror than slow, plodding horror, so they were more my style than the style of all the stupid post-Halloween 3 sequels.

2018 is better than most of the others and yes, ignores all but 1. H20 was good at the time, but I think 2018 is better. It actually is a bit more like the RZ movies I would say in terms of what happens. It wastes no time.

#554 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

What is your order number from your confirmation email

Early 113's....confirmed at 9:06am

#555 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Early 113's....confirmed at 9:06am

Same here 11305

#556 2 years ago

Rumor has it they started at around order # 11300 - you are definitely in the first weeks batch after the VIP 50 ship. Well done! I'm around 30 after you.

#557 2 years ago

11386 for me!

#558 2 years ago

11344 @9:06

#559 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:I blitzed through all of the movies the last week or so too. I had actually missed a couple in the middle over the years, didn't know there were any I hadn't seen.

My thoughts exactly!!

#560 2 years ago

Thats so sweet I am 11360

#561 2 years ago

The order numbers last go around with RM were not correlated to position or game #....

Just FYI

#562 2 years ago
Quoted from scruffypinball:

The order numbers last go around with RM were not correlated to position or game #....
Just FYI

I keep seeing people say this, but was that really the case? I know there were some VIPs and locations that got theirs early , as well as shipments out of the country that went out of order, but I thought other than that they were mostly in order, I know mine came about when it should have. Is there something I am missing?

#563 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I keep seeing people say this, but was that really the case? I know there were some VIPs and locations that got theirs early , as well as shipments out of the country that went out of order, but I thought other than that they were mostly in order, I know mine came about when it should have. Is there something I am missing?

'when it should have' was after you were told what your number in line was. Most don't have that yet.

#564 2 years ago

I purchased a Halloween CE direct from Spooky and my order shows up under my purchase history and my credit card has been charged. Only thing that's bothering me is I never received a confirmation email for my Halloween purchase or my Fang Club order.

#565 2 years ago
Quoted from hammerhorror:

Only thing that's bothering me is I never received a confirmation email for my Halloween purchase or my Fang Club order.

Junk Mail? I had to fish a couple out of there.

#566 2 years ago

I purchased a Halloween CE direct from Spooky and my order shows up under my purchase history and my credit card has been charged. Only thing that's bothering me is I never received a confirmation email for my Halloween purchase or my Fang Club order.

I had the same concern. I have an order number. It’s in my history. My credit card shows the charge. No confirmation email. So I emailed Morgan at spooky and they responded within a day to reassure me my order was secure.

#567 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Junk Mail? I had to fish a couple out of there.

No. I checked my spam folder and no emails. I just sent an email to Spooky expressing my concern. Hopefully they'll get back to me.

#568 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I had the same concern. I have an order number. It’s in my history. My credit card shows the charge. No confirmation email. So I emailed Morgan at spooky and they responded within a day to reassure me my order was secure.

That makes me feel better. I just sent an email. Hopefully I'll hear back soon.

#569 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Yes. It was the case. I ordered RM

#570 2 years ago

Yea you should get both. I bought through a distro, but my Fang membership went through right after the purchase.

#571 2 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

Thats so sweet I am 11360

Quoted from BWT67:

11386 for me!

Quoted from John-Floyd:

Rumor has it they started at around order # 11300 - you are definitely in the first weeks batch after the VIP 50 ship. Well done! I'm around 30 after you.

11351 here but I'm in on a BSE so I figure it really doesn't matter for me..lol

#572 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

That's because after carpenter left the series got all crazy.
Halloween 1 and 2 and the new film are one time line.
Halloween 3 is whatever the hell it is
Halloween 4-6 are a different time line where Laurie is his sister and he's being controlled by an evil cult.
The rob zombie ones are also their own time line.
And I have no idea what Halloween h20 and resurrection were doing. Expect Busta rhymes did some kung fu on Michael's ass

#574 2 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

That's because after carpenter left the series got all crazy.
Halloween 1 and 2 and the new film are one time line.
Halloween 3 is whatever the hell it is
Halloween 4-6 are a different time line where Laurie is his sister and he's being controlled by an evil cult.
The rob zombie ones are also their own time line.
And I have no idea what Halloween h20 and resurrection were doing. Expect Busta rhymes did some kung fu on Michael's ass

Yeah, I know which ones are supposed to be connected. I'm just pointing out what a hot mess it is, and because of that, why it shouldn't be surprising that most of the sequels really suck.

And to your point, Busta Rhymes kung fu...yeah, OK. Who's F'n idea was that? I mean, I'm not a huge JLC fan, but she's obviously the matriarch of the franchise. Could there be any lower point than her getting unceremoniously killed off 15 minutes into the movie, only to have Busta Rhymes and his lame kung fu take over the torch? I'm not a Halloween sycophant or anything, but come one...that's complete sacrilege!

#575 2 years ago

Any word on seeing this game in action?

#576 2 years ago

When its ready to be shown

#577 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Yeah, I know which ones are supposed to be connected. I'm just pointing out what a hot mess it is, and because of that, why it shouldn't be surprising that most of the sequels really suck.
And to your point, Busta Rhymes kung fu...yeah, OK. Who's F'n idea was that? I mean, I'm not a huge JLC fan, but she's obviously the matriarch of the franchise. Could there be any lower point than her getting unceremoniously killed off 15 minutes into the movie, only to have Busta Rhymes and his lame kung fu take over the torch? I'm not a Halloween sycophant or anything, but come one...that's complete sacrilege!

That's why I think Friday the 13th is a superior franchise as a whole. Halloween 1 and 2 are better than any F13 movie but after Halloween 2 it gets crazy. Although I do enjoy Halloween 4. Donald pleasance really shines.

#578 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

When its ready to be shown

Astute and helpful. Thank you pinsider!

#579 2 years ago

My order of Halloween movies. (Not counting the Rob Zombie movies...I've only seen them once and didn't like them, and don't remember much about them)

Halloween
Halloween 2
Halloween 3
Halloween 4
Halloween 2018
Halloween H20
Halloween 5
Halloween 6 The Curse of MM
Halloween Resurrection

#580 2 years ago

Original Halloween is best but then....
Halloween 3 is better than the rest. Unpopular opinion but its so good..

Change my mind

#581 2 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

Change my mind

How about the guy that gets hit by the car at the very beginning. That killed the whole movie for me. Terrible.

#582 2 years ago

That's why I think Friday the 13th is a superior franchise as a whole. Halloween 1 and 2 are better than any F13 movie but after Halloween 2 it gets crazy. Although I do enjoy Halloween 4. Donald pleasance really shines.

I dunno. F13 part 6 and 7 were kick ass.

#583 2 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

Change my mind

Halloween 3 is so different, it's difficult to compare (better/worse) than the others. It's come back into vogue these days I guess, but I always liked that one ever since I was a kid.

Halloween 2 is the best "sequel" by far. (Halloween 3 isn't really a storyline sequel). Halloween 2 feels like a continuation of the first movie (because it basically is) and it's the only one that doesn't follow the 60 minutes of nothing followed by 30 minutes of killing that all the other movies follow.

I agree with this totally, except for probably the Halloween 4 part. I got so bored with all the post-Halloween 3 sequels. Cookie-cutter script, mildly different settings. Granted F13 (and essentially any horror franchise) gets pretty formulaic after a few sequels, but watching the Halloween movies back-to-back really made me feel deja vu, and not in a good way.

#584 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

How about the guy that gets hit by the car at the very beginning. That killed the whole movie for me. Terrible.

THAT killed the movie for you?
I guess its better that most people dislike the flick.

Halloween 1-3 have aged the best. They were done with myers when they did 3. But he was brought back due to popularity. They should have stopped after 3..

#585 2 years ago

just gonna drop this here...

warrors.gifwarrors.gif
#586 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

just gonna drop this here...
[quoted image]

When you push start "warriors, come out to playeeeaaa"

#587 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

F13 pt 7 is amazing. Then they made 8.....yuck

#588 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

These are definitely on my "start from the beginning and re-watch" list. It's been so long I can't distinguish which are which these days, but I do remember there were some of the later ones where Jason was such a badass and there were some pretty fun death scenes. That's what made F13 so fun...the creative death sequences.

LOL - I remember going to see at least one of the Friday the 13th movies in the theater with my mother. I was nowhere close to old enough to see it, but she was cool like that. Who knew that horror movies and bloody video games DON'T actually turn people into violent assholes. Huh!

#589 2 years ago

That's why I think Friday the 13th is a superior franchise as a whole.

The F13 franchise is better than the Halloween or Night on Elm Street franchises, imo. Nearly all of the F13 movies are good to great, with 3, 4 and 6 being my favorites. Parts 5 and 9 are probably the weakest, with 9 being the only one I just don't like. With Halloween, really only the first 3 movies in the franchise are good, and they go steadily down hill from there (I haven't seen the 2018 reboot yet). With Nightmare on Elm Street, really only 1 and 3 are good, though I suppose some of the other ones have their moments too. Really, it's amazing that F13 managed to stay entertaining across so many movies.

#590 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

The F13 franchise is better than the Halloween or Night on Elm Street franchises, imo. Nearly all of the F13 movies are good to great, with 3, 4 and 6 being my favorites. Parts 5 and 9 are probably the weakest, with 9 being the only one I just don't like. With Halloween, really only the first 3 movies in the franchise are good, and they go steadily down hill from there (I haven't seen the 2018 reboot yet). With Nightmare on Elm Street, really only 1 and 3 are good, though I suppose some of the other ones have their moments too. Really, it's amazing that F13 managed to stay entertaining across so many movies.

This guy gets it

#591 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Really, it's amazing that F13 managed to stay entertaining across so many movies.

I think that's because they leaned into the creative deaths and not taking itself too seriously. Harpoon to the eye (in 3D no less), squeezing someone's head until their eyes pop out, and swinging someone that's inside a sleeping bag into a tree like a baseball bat. It's been decades since I've seen F13 movies, and yet I still remember so many of Jason's kills. Iconic.

#592 2 years ago

Gunna put this to rest:

Halloween (Best of franchise)
Halloween III (A league of its own)
Friday the 13th Part IV (Best of franchise)
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: The Dream Warriors (Best of franchise)

#593 2 years ago

I was amazed how goddamn boring Friday 13rh Part IV was last time I watched it....and thst was my goto movie as a kid
F13 - 2,1,3,4
Hal - 1,3,2, newest one

#594 2 years ago

The best Halloween movie is original but the “NBC” version of it. John Carpenter was asked to tweak the movie while filming Halloween 2 so the original could be shown on NBC. NBC aired a water down version of the movie and John Carpenter took that extra footage and released his own version later on. It’s hard to find the NBC version of the film that has the hard core horror scenes plus the extra footage but well worth it. It adds some depth to Loomis and Michael Myers.

#595 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

In no way is that true. lol. MAYBE a few a better than a few of the others..but overall..no.

#596 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

The best Halloween movie is original but the “NBC” version of it. John Carpenter was asked to tweak the movie while filming Halloween 2 so the original could be shown on NBC. NBC aired a water down version of the movie and John Carpenter took that extra footage and released his own version later on. It’s hard to find the NBC version of the film that has the hard core horror scenes plus the extra footage but well worth it. It adds some depth to Loomis and Michael Myers.

The Extended TV version has been released on previous blurays and will also be on the upcoming re-release in 4K UHD disc.

#597 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Gunna put this to rest:
Halloween (Best of franchise)
Halloween III (A league of its own)
Friday the 13th Part IV (Best of franchise)
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: The Dream Warriors (Best of franchise)

Agree with all but F13.... Pt4? its just ok, def not the worst..
You seem to know your stuff though

#598 2 years ago

Original Halloween stacks easily w any of the others mentioned here. Best imho.

All sequels get watered down and weird after the first 2..Hellraiser, Rocky, Fast and Furious , F13, Alien, Exorcist, on and on. Sort of cash grabs I guess for fanatics.

Glad the pin is based around the original...

#599 2 years ago

For me:
F13 - 2,4,3,1,6. Rest are forgettable (IMO)
Remake is pretty good too.

Halloween - original I and II - pinnacle for me
3- novelty -popcorn flick worth a watch . Tom Atkins is awesome.
4,5+ - awful films - nice to see Loomis though.
Rob zombie 1 is an interesting take - took away the mystery but was more brutal. Not too bad.
Rob Zombie - 2 - strayed from the norm / interesting take. Sub par execution though worth a watch.

New trilogy- got my interest - liked the first one looking forward to pt2 in a couple months.

NOTHING TOUCHES THE ORIGINAL 78’!

#600 2 years ago

Deleted. hit wrong button when posting with phone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 49.99
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/12?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.