(Topic ID: 296256)

Spooky HALLOWEEN hype thread. Babysitters welcome.

By coasterguy

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 4,090 posts
  • 430 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 days ago by Gunner007
  • Topic is favorited by 111 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

utramanpinplastic (resized).png
IMG_0421 (resized).JPG
IMG_0425 (resized).JPG
IMG_0426 (resized).JPG
IMG_0417 (resized).JPG
20220928_203503 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220512_182215 (resized).jpg
true level (resized).png
20220215_183140 (resized).jpg
20220214_203712 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220215_010617367 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220207_174230157 (resized).jpg
C6475CC4-E878-472F-9A3B-DDF806FA4F44 (resized).jpeg
C91EC225-85D7-42B7-A84A-019E59ABF9CF (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220209_222110.jpg
IMG_20220209_222153.jpg
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 82.
#501 2 years ago

I'm getting a CE with butter decals. I am 1000% percent excited about this game, and Spooky should be very proud and thrilled with what they've done.

I think the game looks amazing. It's a fresh layout, jammed packed, a million shots, 3 upper playfields, full Carpenter soundtrack, movie assets, custom callouts from a major character, 7 physical ball locks, amazing artwork, etc...

My only (very slight) disappointment I have after looking at the photos and listening to the podcast, is that you can't travel up from the sanitarium to the house level. In my head after seeing the pics I figured you could work your way up the levels...that seemed like it would be really cool.

In the grand scheme of things, I probably won't care when I'm playing the game...there is so much packed in there.

#502 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I'm getting a CE with butter decals. I am 1000% percent excited about this game, and Spooky should be very proud and thrilled with what they've done.
I think the game looks amazing. It's a fresh layout, jammed packed, a million shots, 3 upper playfields, full Carpenter soundtrack, movie assets, custom callouts from a major character, amazing artwork, etc...
My only (very slight) disappointment I have after looking at the photos and listening to the podcast, is that you can't travel up from the sanitarium to the house level. In my head after seeing the pics I figured you could work your way up the levels...that seemed like it would be really cool.
In the grand scheme of things, I probably won't care when I'm playing the game...there is so much packed in there.

Oh shoot, I figured you could as well. Oh well, its a nice over package for sure and patiently waiting!

#503 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I think the game looks amazing. It's a fresh layout, jammed packed, a million shots, 3 upper playfields, full Carpenter soundtrack, movie assets, custom callouts from a major character, amazing artwork, etc...

I feel the same way. Little surprised about that but everything else sounds great. Looks like they’re going to do justice for the best scary movie ever.

Hopefully we get some gameplay soon

#504 2 years ago

It’s gonna be a L O N G wait but I’m Stoked that I got a CE spot

#505 2 years ago
40C1F969-AF48-4363-AF4F-2719B14461FF (resized).jpeg40C1F969-AF48-4363-AF4F-2719B14461FF (resized).jpeg
#506 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

[quoted image]

Offline games? Community pin?

#507 2 years ago

The longer you wait for your game, the better the code will be.

#508 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

The longer you wait for your game, the better the code will be.

Unless its x-men type bad code id rather have it right away

#509 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Agreed

Early vs late code = whatever

Early minor bugs vs late-=whatever

A small, local boutique COMPANY that is proven, in the threads, and will truly support a very strong theme/ game= PRICELESS

Bring this bad boy!!

#510 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Early vs late code = whatever
Early minor bugs vs late-=whatever
A small, local boutique COMPANY that is proven, in the threads, and will truly support a very strong theme/ game= PRICELESS
Bring this bad boy!!

Oh yeah!!!!!!

oh yeah!!.gifoh yeah!!.gif
#511 2 years ago

Wearing a mask and social distancing since 1978....Michael is coming for you!

Cant wait for Halloween (resized).pngCant wait for Halloween (resized).pngMichael Myers bush.gifMichael Myers bush.gif
#512 2 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I feel more like an alcoholic at the bar.
Especially since I’ve never bought a NIB… till now. If evil dead or scooby are true, I might need another round.

In the same boat here. And especially if Scooby Doo is up soon.

#513 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hahaha! Those who experienced this first hand know how much truth there is to this!

#514 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:Unless its x-men type bad code id rather have it right away

BM66 pretty much had nothing in it early on. But we had Lyman to bring it home!

Code matters, think Munsters . I think Spooky team will bring it home too.

#515 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

BM66 pretty much had nothing in it early on. But we had Lyman to bring it home!
Code matters, think Munsters . I think Spooky team will bring it home too.

You in with us Ice?

#516 2 years ago

Did anyone with a Spooky direct order have the deposit charge go through? Mine is still sitting on pending

#517 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Did anyone with a Spooky direct order have the deposit charge go through? Mine is still sitting on pending

Did you get an order confirmation email?

My $$$ definitely went

#518 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Did you get an order confirmation email?
My $$$ definitely went

Ya, I got the order confirmation mail, and then the follow-up "Babysitters Beware, HE's Coming!" Mail that said the charges would be going through. I mailed them just in case

#519 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Ya, I got the order confirmation mail, and then the follow-up "Babysitters Beware, HE's Coming!" Mail that said the charges would be going through. I mailed them just in case

Same. Still pending.

#520 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Yep. Mine cleared this afternoon.

#521 2 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Same. Still pending.

Heard back from Spooky that the pending charges should go through this week. Cool, to get such a fast response over the weekend

#522 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Heard back from Spooky that the pending charges should go through this week. Cool, to get such a fast response over the weekend

That’s quick customer service. So your in Gilbert? Hope you survived the high winds we had. Well I was not happy with the theme at all. I wanted Scooby Doo and it didn’t happen. I am not a slasher movie fan at all.

My wife and I were very worried no gameplay videos. So we passed on buying launch day. I asked my wife yesterday if she wanted Halloween because she did really love the reveal video (Halloween is one of her favorite holiday’s. She said she wants it. So had to decide which version.

Then I sent her pics of CE and BSE. We talked later and we decided to go CE. This will be my first spooky pin. I just hope it turns out good. So what time frame do you guys think it will be till I get the game?

I am nervous but excited also.

AE4AA926-DE1F-4B8D-A156-4451604EF5BD (resized).pngAE4AA926-DE1F-4B8D-A156-4451604EF5BD (resized).png
#523 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 67: Zach Interviews The Spooky Pinball Team + GIVEAWAY!

Host: Zach Meny
Special Guests: Charlie Emery, Corwin "Bug" Emery, & Spooky Luke aka Mr. Squirrel or Softy

- I DON'T DO INTERVIEWS!...?
- Win A Spooky Mystery Swag Box (details in episode)
- The Interworkings Of Spooky Pinball
- Halloween Pinball & Ultraman Pinball Sell Out In Hours!
- The Launch
- When We Will See These Titles Played
- Design-By-Committee
- Spooky Pinball Moments
- Ultra Who?
- TOPPERS!
- Evil Dead vs. Army Of Darkness
- Spooky's Plans For The Future...Internet Connectivity?
- Mando LE Impressions (Additional Ramp, Upper Playfield, Grogu Magnet)
- Pinball Market Trends
- TPN Last Week
- TPN This Week

*** A special thank you to the Spooky Team for joining the show, and to Dennis Kriesel, David Dennis, Joel Engelberth, Matt Morrison, Joshuah Jacobs, Erik Wurtenberger, & Brian Cosner for assistance with some of the interview questions.***

email: [email protected]
facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
instagram: @thepinballnetwork
twitter: @therealTPN
review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-nrbc9-10889a8

the pinball show logo (resized).JPGthe pinball show logo (resized).JPG
#524 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

That’s quick customer service. So your in Gilbert? Hope you survived the high winds we had. Well I was not happy with the theme at all. I wanted Scooby Doo and it didn’t happen. I am not a slasher movie fan at all.
My wife and I were very worried no gameplay videos. So we passed on buying launch day. I asked my wife yesterday if she wanted Halloween because she did really love the reveal video (Halloween is one of her favorite holiday’s. She said she wants it. So had to decide which version.
Then I sent her pics of CE and BSE. We talked later and we decided to go CE. This will be my first spooky pin. I just hope it turns out good. So what time frame do you guys think it will be till I get the game?
[quoted image]

Thanks, ya the winds were pretty intense over the weekend. Wouldn't mind so much, but it made a mess of the pool blowing dust and debris inside and turning it green.

Halloween as a theme was the opposite for me. Just the kind of theme I hoped they would make. I was a weird kid into stuff like Halloween, nightmare on elm Street, Friday the 13th growing up, instead of the more normal kid interests like star wars, Indiana Jones, Disney stuff.

I wasn't planning in another pin for quite some time as I've been more into arcade games recently, but when they announced Halloween I knew immediately I'd have to order it. It was hard to explain to my wife after I've been nagging her to save money with a second kid due soon lol. I've been selling a lot of my old console game collection to help subsidize it.

I'm in for a CE. I got Alice Cooper from spooky before and it was almost a year wait. My number was in the mid 300s on that run of 500. I think I should have a pretty early draw for Halloween. My order number was 11342. I'm expecting anywhere between 3 to 6 months wait, but who knows.

#525 2 years ago

Just wanted to take a moment to thank Spooky for creating a pin that I feel was long overdue and my personal grail theme...the 1978 film, Halloween. Thanks to everyone at Spooky that made this happen and congrats to all of you on selling out your direct sales allotment on that crazy day...it sure was stressful!

As a tribute to the original Halloween, what I feel is the greatest all around horror film and my favorite movie from any genre, it was time to update my avatar. Two years ago I made the pilgrimage to South Pasadena, California to visit some of the original locations they shot the film. My wife took this photo of me recreating the iconic hedge scene...

A4CA01FA-84DB-4163-BBDD-6EFFFBC2D275.jpegA4CA01FA-84DB-4163-BBDD-6EFFFBC2D275.jpeg

I was clearly not the only one to visit those hedges as the grass behind the hedges near the sidewalk was worn down to dirt!

...and I had to wear my ‘78 Black Sabbath tour shirt that day!!!

#526 2 years ago
Quoted from wrb1977:

Just wanted to take a moment to thank Spooky for creating a pin that I feel was long overdue and my personal grail theme...the 1978 film, Halloween. Thanks to everyone at Spooky that made this happen and congrats to all of you on selling out your direct sales allotment on that crazy day...it sure was stressful!
As a tribute to the original Halloween, what I feel is the greatest all around horror film and my favorite movie from any genre, it was time to update my avatar. Two years ago I made the pilgrimage to South Pasadena, California to visit some of the original locations they shot the film. My wife took this photo of me recreating the iconic hedge scene...
[quoted image]
I was clearly not the only one to visit those hedges as the grass behind the hedges near the sidewalk was worn down to dirt!
...and I had to wear my ‘78 Black Sabbath tour shirt that day!!!

Classic!!!!! Too excited for this one!!

#527 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Classic!!!!! Too excited for this one!!

Did you listen to Zach's podcast interviewing Charlie, Bug and Luke? Sounds like some great stuff was implemented in these games. Video of game play is coming soon as well.

#528 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Im in east Mesa and have a CE on order. Bought way late, so it should be interesting how they trickle out this way.

Halloween isnt a dream theme, but the improvement pin over pin has been impressive and I think this will be a next level pin. Art, service gameplay and responsiveness, as well as the balls to make a true Slasher pin helped. I think it's going to have some issues to work out, but also, epic.

EDIT. Listened to podcast, and the rules sound faf!! I cannot wait!!

#529 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Im in east Mesa and have a CE on order. Bought way late, so it should be interesting how they trickle out this way.
Halloween isnt a dream theme, but the improvement pin over pin has been impressive and i think this will he a next level pin. Art, service and responsiveness, as well as the balls to make a true Slasher pin helped. I think it's going to have some issues to work out, but also, epic.

Im in N Phx and also got a CE on order, order 11696, so if one of you locals get one shipped first, I may have to request checking it out as its going to be a while

#530 2 years ago
Quoted from CptAwesomest:

Im in N Phx and also got a CE on order, order 11696, so if one of you locals get one shipped first, I may have to request checking it out as its going to be a while

I betting you are ahead of me, based on my Fang club membership. Going to be a hell of a journey. I have METLE if you wanna play ha.

#531 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Thanks, ya the winds were pretty intense over the weekend. Wouldn't mind so much, but it made a mess of the pool blowing dust and debris inside and turning it green.
Halloween as a theme was the opposite for me. Just the kind of theme I hoped they would make. I was a weird kid into stuff like Halloween, nightmare on elm Street, Friday the 13th growing up, instead of the more normal kid interests like star wars, Indiana Jones, Disney stuff.
I wasn't planning in another pin for quite some time as I've been more into arcade games recently, but when they announced Halloween I knew immediately I'd have to order it. It was hard to explain to my wife after I've been nagging her to save money with a second kid due soon lol. I've been selling a lot of my old console game collection to help subsidize it.
I'm in for a CE. I got Alice Cooper from spooky before and it was almost a year wait. My number was in the mid 300s on that run of 500. I think I should have a pretty early draw for Halloween. My order number was 11342. I'm expecting anywhere between 3 to 6 months wait, but who knows.

My pool is a little green also. Not too much debris other than a lot of leaves. Do you like Alice Cooper? I had a chance to get it for my wife when they had some left in stock. I was waiting for the announcement of the next pin. Was really hoping for Scooby but what can you do.

I ordered the CE per wife’s orders lol from Nitro pinball. They said about 6 months or a little more. Not sure where they lie on the priority list. Could have ordered day 1 at spooky but wife was not sure if she wanted it. But I don’t mind waiting a bit in case any issues arise in the first couple runs.

#532 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Halloween isnt a dream theme, but the improvement pin over pin has been impressive and I think this will be a next level pin. Art, service gameplay and responsiveness, as well as the balls to make a true Slasher pin helped. I think it's going to have some issues to work out, but also, epic.
EDIT. Listened to podcast, and the rules sound faf!! I cannot wait!!

A few of us here in Arizona then getting a CE. I am in San Tan Valley. This will be my first Spooky pin. Wife wanted it which surprised, especially with the cost. Will be interesting to see who gets there’s first. I went through Nitro pinball. Do you have a link to the podcast? I don’t know much about the rules.

#533 2 years ago

My Avatar speaks to my excitment for this Pin...borderline fanboy here!!!

#534 2 years ago

This is what happens when you have some free time in the studio.

Congratulations to everyone who pre ordered this pin and @spookypinball ! This pin sweeeeet!

#535 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

You in with us Ice?

Of course brother! Halloween CE

#536 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Aww hell yeah! CE for me and butter cab baby!

Glad you’re with us amigo. Good times man. .

#537 2 years ago
Quoted from vintage4life:

This is what happens when you have some free time in the studio

The blasting double bass drums at the end are sweeeet!

rd

#538 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I think the game looks amazing. It's a fresh layout, jammed packed, a million shots, 3 upper playfields, full Carpenter soundtrack, movie assets, custom callouts from a major character, 7 physical ball locks, amazing artwork, etc...

Butter art is printed directly onto the cabinet and then clearcoated. Not a decal.

#539 2 years ago

I cant wait! this is my first NIB pin (11487). I'm seeing a lot of CE pre ordered, I'm thinking that's going to have the largest edition size. Love the topper, but it was the blood sucker edition for me.

#540 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I can’t imagine what Whodey would think of the game release so far. Especially after I would have told him I ordered a CE.

#541 2 years ago

My down payment just cleared for Halloween CE. Got in very quickly when it went on sale so I'm thinking I may have it in a month or two. Exciting times

#542 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

My down payment just cleared for Halloween CE. Got in very quickly when it went on sale so I'm thinking I may have it in a month or two. Exciting times

Did you buy direct or thru a distributor?

#543 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I went Direct as It was a frantic frenzy that morning and I wanted to make sure I got one. Later I found out my local guy is a spooky Dealer. Oh well...next time.
I know they are doing 50 friends/family/licensee special orders first. I believe they are then doing 50 distros...then 50 direct. I should be in the first 50 direct if my math is right.

#544 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Quoted from John-Floyd:

I went Direct as It was a frantic frenzy that morning and I wanted to make sure I got one. Later I found out my local guy is a spooky Dealer. Oh well...next time.
I know they are doing 50 friends/family/licensee special orders first. I believe they are then doing 50 distros...then 50 direct. I should be in the first 50 direct if my math is right.

Will be interesting to see how this happens. I ordered a ce at 7am from distributor, so hoping Im at top of his list too, but I have not ordered from them before so not sure how the process works.

#545 2 years ago

Good stuff Hayfarmer - we will now have 3 games shared in our collections! I appreciate you helping me get started with Led Zeppelin when I first joined this fine forum earlier this year. 1 machine turned into 3 awfully quickly!

#546 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Good stuff Hayfarmer - we will now have 3 games shared in our collections! I appreciate you helping me get started with Led Zeppelin when I first joined this fine forum earlier this year. 1 machine turned into 3 awfully quickly!

Great , or crazy minds think alike!!

#547 2 years ago

I was never going to buy a NIB but when a theme comes up you like and that theme happens to be your birthday, your wife says you have to have it!
Who am I to argue, so I put my name down on a CE. We are excited to get this

It’s a long wait but hopefully will be worth it.

#548 2 years ago

[quoted image]

I did the exact same thing and ordered one this morning. It was nice that some were still available for order through distributors.

#549 2 years ago

Soooo. Any unboxing vids? J/K but??

Ive been watching Halloween everynight for the past week!

#550 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Soooo. Any unboxing vids? J/K but??
Ive been watching Halloween everynight for the past week!

I have also. Only previously seeing 1,2 and RZ reboots. I am up to 6 right now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 4,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 82.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-halloween-babysitters-welcome/page/11?hl=gotfrogs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.