• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

E96FC304-555A-4DBE-AE9D-19800E3064FD (resized).jpeg
90FE1CF8-EDBF-47EA-AEF2-5B1B16DC87EB (resized).jpeg

#1 2 years ago

Ok I have R&M 413 and now Halloween 102 CE. I’ve had a problem with my R&M since day one with the lock bar not fitting correctly because the back of the cabinet was not machined correctly.

Now I pull the glass off my Halloween and I see this glass out of the box. What is going on is this normal now on new machine?

90FE1CF8-EDBF-47EA-AEF2-5B1B16DC87EB (resized).jpeg90FE1CF8-EDBF-47EA-AEF2-5B1B16DC87EB (resized).jpeg
#2 2 years ago

Funny enough the glass doesn’t fit on my Ultraman. The left side comes down lower than the right and it’s challenging (very) to get the lockdown bar down.

E96FC304-555A-4DBE-AE9D-19800E3064FD (resized).jpegE96FC304-555A-4DBE-AE9D-19800E3064FD (resized).jpeg
#3 2 years ago

The lockbar solution (on Rick and Morty at least) is almost always that the game needs to be completely level side to side or the cabinet isn’t square and the glass won’t be even by the lockbar.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

The lockbar solution (on Rick and Morty at least) is almost always that the game needs to be completely level side to side or the cabinet isn’t square and the glass won’t be even by the lockbar.

I've found it to be the same on my Ultraman. I have crazy uneven slate floors, and even using slides I need to adjust occasionally due to movement. The left to right adjustment is critical for the glass sliding in enough for the lockbar to drop in.

#5 2 years ago

Have you tried flipping the glass over or rotating it ? Just an idea.

#7 2 years ago

So, are they trimming the glass to fit instead of finding the root of the problem?
My WH20 has been so out of level its unplayable but the glass and lockdown bar always fit reguardless

#8 2 years ago

Well that was exactly my point. I've never seen a glass come from the factory with the corners beveled like this. What happens if I want to replace with a HD glass do I need to get my grinder and do this to it? SpookyLuke SpookyCharlie

Sorry should have tagged then in the first place.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from CoasterArtGuy:

Well that was exactly my point. I've never seen a glass come from the factory with the corners beveled like this. What happens if I want to replace with a HD glass do I need to get my grinder and do this to it? SpookyLuke SpookyCharlie
Sorry should have tagged then in the first place.

I have a special ultra clear low reflective glass here that I use on all my pins, hope it fits when mine arrives as I like it to look like no glass is there. Will be especially good on this pin.

#10 2 years ago

I can't speak for the crazy beveled glass, that is might strange. But I will reiterate that it is CRITICAL the game be level front to back and side to side. My POTC has the same issue if I don't get it *perfectly* level

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I can't speak for the crazy beveled glass, that is might strange. But I will reiterate that it is CRITICAL the game be level front to back and side to side. My POTC has the same issue if I don't get it *perfectly* level

This. Games need to be level (left right) at the back and at the front.

About the glass, as it's tempered glass it probably came from the glass factory like that ? Tempered glass would shatter if you try to sand it down..

Edit: seems you can sand tempered glass - I learned something new today

#12 2 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

This. Games need to be level (left right) at the back and at the front.
About the glass, as it's tempered glass it probably came from the glass factory like that ? Tempered glass would shatter if you try to sand it down..

I’ve sanded corners of my tempered glass

#13 2 years ago
Quoted from Jigs:

I’ve sanded corners of my tempered glass

I always assumed that had to be done before the tempering process or it would shatter by messing with the edges.

#14 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I always assumed that had to be done before the tempering process or it would shatter by messing with the edges.

You have to have control over the work but I’ve sanded almost every sheet of tempered glass Ive got over the past 15 years.
I’ve got a friend with a glass shop. I get tempered sheets made for my games through him. I always round the corners with my pad sander. Nothing extreme like the picture in this thread though. I use 120 grit

#15 2 years ago

I guess the picture doesn’t really give it enough dimension, from the top to the lowest point of the bevel it’s like 5/16 of an inch, it’s not a small radius I could understand that, its a huge gash.

I haven’t contacted Spooky about this let since of what they told be about my Rick and Morty, grind out the back of the cabinet so it fits.

#16 2 years ago

I have the same issue with my Halloween CE - it is really difficult to get the lockbar down.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from CoasterArtGuy:

I guess the picture doesn’t really give it enough dimension, from the top to the lowest point of the bevel it’s like 5/16 of an inch, it’s not a small radius I could understand that, its a huge gash.
I haven’t contacted Spooky about this let since of what they told be about my Rick and Morty, grind out the back of the cabinet so it fits.

Sorry, I derailed this thread. Just throwing my experience with sanding tempered glass in the mix.

Your picture shows the crazy amount of glass removed to allow it to fit. Pretty janky build quality.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-glass-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.