(Topic ID: 263158)

Spooky, CGC, and Ben Heck join forces!!!

By Whysnow

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 661 posts
  • 212 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 72 days ago by benheck
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240204_124026_Firefox.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    255292C2-32FC-4C04-8CEC-259B38F6FBC2 (resized).jpeg
    45D4568D-CB83-4774-954D-3CE27BCA5057 (resized).png
    WTII.gif
    IMG_20200312_131608 (resized).jpg
    header-2 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    addams (resized).jpg
    bonga+bonga+_goog (resized).jpg
    my-first-GIF.gif
    shaker (resized).jpg
    TOPPER (resized).jpg
    blob1 (resized).jpg
    982963B6-7C8F-4378-88BD-7B973C91F6BF.gif
    B22587C9-8403-421D-ABD4-57D8CC77463E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

1 and 2 are essentially the same movie.

Quoted from blowback1976:

Umm.... hate to break it to you, but there’s three. 1,2,and Army of Darkness.

There are 4: 1,2 AOD and the 2013 version, which is *not* a remake

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont think that is even remotely accurate. Ben's game was ready long before the R&M timeline.
    I think the real reason was licensing issues/costs in the past, but dont quote me on that.
    This makes sense as CGC can do a bigger run and has the license buying power/ability from that larger run.

I won't quote you, but I can quote Ben:
    “More news: I'm parting ways with Spooky Pinball due to my 2nd game being delayed beyond my liking and the usual "creative differences". The whitewood I designed may get turned into something by them down the road however.”

https://twitter.com/benheck/status/963793879567929345

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from blowback1976:

Fair enough, keep forgetting about the cameo at the end.

And the the Delta 88

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah that was back with TNA though, which was followed by Alice. Nothing to do with Rick & Morty. Regardless, I'm excited to see what this partnership produces.

Wait, so did Ben quit twice? WTF

#156 4 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

For some reason I own a copy[quoted image]

Not quite "rare" but definitely a unique title! I always found it phenomenally ironic that the game has a hardware design specifically designed to defeat Nintendo's lockout chip- basically circumventing their licensing model. Hm....

#405 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Think Spooky have wanted this license for a long time as it was thought RZ was going to be Meatloaf.
    Is it a triple A license though?

That can't be true. Really? Crazy Meatloaf?

#519 4 years ago

So I'm new to the Spooky discussion here... I'm trying to find some information about Ben - what I'm finding is that:

1) he designed the AMH game, which is fine
    2) he quit Spooky (a company i think he helped found? or was at least involved in the early days)
    3) he used to make youtube videos
    4) he modded some consoles (very creative ideas in that department, but nothing to do with pinball)
    4) he's designed one or two other games which never actually got made

what am i missing here? what's the rest of the story? I think AMH is a fine go at a first pin, but i'm totally missing what the "big deal" is. Are there other games at Spooky or other companies that he helped design?

#521 4 years ago

Hmmmmmmm...

#527 4 years ago

So the consensus seems to be “great promise”, not a proven past history (at least not yet). I’m not trolling, just trying to understand the situation. Cool, well I look forward to the delivery on these big promises!

#532 4 years ago
    Quoted from aeneas:

Before Spooky, Ben worked together with John Pop.. see the magic girl / jpop thread here on pinside.
    Some info on my blog:
    http://flippersbe.blogspot.com/2020/03/ben-heck-teases-new-title.html?m=1

oh god. That's not positive news.

#537 4 years ago
    Quoted from romulusx:

Not really he was just one of the many guys JPoop screwed over!

Oh! Gotcha. Ok, comment retracted

#542 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

Hearing that this game is a year away. Someone jumped the gun a bit on the “teaser”.

lots of time for things to go wrong...

#593 4 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

BTTF is as popular as ever. The DeLorean is so iconic especially in relation to BTTF I don’t think pulling a JP Jeep move would work.
    Donate a small % of the sale proceedings or line up some charity events (launch parties) in relation to MJF Foundation and I bet he would be on board, worked for VP Cabs.

And this year is the 35th anniversary

#607 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Wore out my VHS tapes as a kid. Now I find BTTF dated and irrelevant. Should really be remade. The difference between a teens life now and in the 80s is radically more different (equals more conflict) than a teen going from 80s to 50s.[quoted image]

Good thing teens are the ones buying all these pins!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-cgc-and-ben-heck-join-forces?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.