(Topic ID: 263158)

Spooky, CGC, and Ben Heck join forces!!!

By Whysnow

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 661 posts
  • 212 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 72 days ago by benheck
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240204_124026_Firefox.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    255292C2-32FC-4C04-8CEC-259B38F6FBC2 (resized).jpeg
    45D4568D-CB83-4774-954D-3CE27BCA5057 (resized).png
    WTII.gif
    IMG_20200312_131608 (resized).jpg
    header-2 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    addams (resized).jpg
    bonga+bonga+_goog (resized).jpg
    my-first-GIF.gif
    shaker (resized).jpg
    TOPPER (resized).jpg
    blob1 (resized).jpg
    982963B6-7C8F-4378-88BD-7B973C91F6BF.gif
    B22587C9-8403-421D-ABD4-57D8CC77463E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 4 years ago

So Cactus Canyon is a bust? CGC look busy for the next few months on MMR RE, spooky are busy for a year, so its either a very limited run or there is no new remake. But aren't CGC doing aliens and doing something with Mark Richie...

#208 4 years ago

I've got the scoop!

MV5BNmYwOTNiMzAtYmUyYi00ZGM5LTgwZWEtYTFhODYwN2E1ZWQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxMDUyOTI@._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BNmYwOTNiMzAtYmUyYi00ZGM5LTgwZWEtYTFhODYwN2E1ZWQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxMDUyOTI@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    #209 4 years ago

and the vault will be re-themed!

MV5BYzcwZjRlYTgtNWYxYS00YWE5LWFlODYtMjNiYjEzZjM1NWY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDI2NDg0NQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,648,1000_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BYzcwZjRlYTgtNWYxYS00YWE5LWFlODYtMjNiYjEzZjM1NWY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDI2NDg0NQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,648,1000_AL_ (resized).jpg
    #210 4 years ago

The LE!!!

MV5BMjE1MDE2MzQwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDg5ODMyMQ@@._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BMjE1MDE2MzQwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDg5ODMyMQ@@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    #211 4 years ago

and a special inclusive version!

MV5BZDI4MjY3ODItYjY5NC00YzA3LWJhNmEtM2ZiY2Y4OTUxNmJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjU4NzA5MDg@._V1_UY268_CR2,0,182,268_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BZDI4MjY3ODItYjY5NC00YzA3LWJhNmEtM2ZiY2Y4OTUxNmJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjU4NzA5MDg@._V1_UY268_CR2,0,182,268_AL_ (resized).jpg
    #212 4 years ago

And in Spain it will be called this!

MV5BYmVhM2MyNWMtMTEwMy00Y2QzLWFmNmEtNTVhMTRkYmRkMjJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTU0NTAxMzA@._V1_SY1000_SX675_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BYmVhM2MyNWMtMTEwMy00Y2QzLWFmNmEtNTVhMTRkYmRkMjJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTU0NTAxMzA@._V1_SY1000_SX675_AL_ (resized).jpg
    #425 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Proc has been great. Was a much needed and great use for the current phase of Spooky.
    It is also expensive and a risk for any company looking to stabilize as they grow.
    I have zero idea what boardset will be used with this team build.
    I hope for Spooky that they can get to a point of greater control, lower cost, and full functionality for their boardset of the future.
    I am excited to see what the new Parker board does and if it is used.
    Again, Proc is great for what it is, but if buying 500+ a year, I would want to bring more control and savings in house...

Why is it a risk? What more control does it give you? It's tried and tested and is getting larger and larger volumes allowing MM to make alot more and reduce the price. Versus trying to develop something expensive and at low volume requiring significant investment for a shop that can make, at most, 40 games a month. The most reliable part of TNA and ACNC is the PROC system, and PROC seems to be very reliable. As operators using PROC is helpful for us in being able to service games.

#544 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

What is the total cost for a P-roc system as set up in R&M?
    What is the total cost for the system currently used by CGC?
    Currently, this appears to be the only major component of a game that neither company controls themselves.
    At one point I know the Parker board was supposed to have all the functionality of other systems, meet the growing needs of game developers/manufacturers, and striking for a drastic reduction in price.
    Why would these 2 companies not explore this potential alternative and the benefits that could come?

CGC have their own board set. Its beagleboard based which is incredibly cheap. CGC make a lot of stuff other than pinball so maybe good for them, they are also using emulation of which others aren't.

Neil.

#547 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballinreno:

I was surprised as to how effective the beaglebone is, in AFMr.
    Its fast and efficient.

got all three remakes and not one of them has had a single_ problem. CGC are smashing it from a reliability POV.

#580 4 years ago

It’s not BTTF as stern are doing that.

#583 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

How long before they run out of outdated data east has been themes to rehash? I'm kinda looking forward to them redoing some of those stellar sega titles.

o o-din, haven't you figured out this pinball scam? They will of course do a rehash of the rehash!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider neilmcrae.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-cgc-and-ben-heck-join-forces?tu=neilmcrae and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.