(Topic ID: 263158)

Spooky, CGC, and Ben Heck join forces!!!

By Whysnow

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 661 posts
  • 212 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 69 days ago by benheck
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240204_124026_Firefox.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    255292C2-32FC-4C04-8CEC-259B38F6FBC2 (resized).jpeg
    45D4568D-CB83-4774-954D-3CE27BCA5057 (resized).png
    WTII.gif
    IMG_20200312_131608 (resized).jpg
    header-2 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    addams (resized).jpg
    bonga+bonga+_goog (resized).jpg
    my-first-GIF.gif
    shaker (resized).jpg
    TOPPER (resized).jpg
    blob1 (resized).jpg
    982963B6-7C8F-4378-88BD-7B973C91F6BF.gif
    B22587C9-8403-421D-ABD4-57D8CC77463E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwilson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#331 4 years ago

Of all the suggestions I like Beetlejuice the most. It has cross generational appeal. Plus it’s quirky and funny, and has action appeal. It’s the best fit.

#372 4 years ago

Back to the Future, honestly, seems like too big a license. No offence to Charlie and crew, but that's a pretty giant property with some seriously finicky licensing restrictions.

#471 4 years ago

Not sure what Hilton’s agenda is to continue poking at P-ROC. It’s probably not even the most expensive part of the game.

You’re ignoring the years and years of development experience in the ecosystem, the highly mature frameworks that make games like ACNC, TNA and now R&M possible.

As someone who wasted over a year on a “cheaper” solution before going to P-ROC and finally vanquishing all my board issues forever, you need to look at more than the pure dollar (and RETAIL at that) values. It’s certainly cheaper than STERN boards but I don’t hear any crying about that from you.

On the topic of the CGC board set it seems optimized to handle emulation duties primarily vs original content. Not sure it’s even in the running.

#482 4 years ago
    Quoted from MOSFET:

jwilson, what "cheaper" solution were you working with? I'm planning out a homebrew pin and want to be fully informed for engineering decisions.

Open Pinball Project.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Only time will tell, but when the design team has Ben Heck (and his affinity for something outside of what both Spooky and CGC currently use) we could see new improvements.

Not to knock Ben, but he's not actually an electrical engineer and probably shouldn't be designing control systems meant to go into thousands and thousands of machines. Meanwhile, there's a board designed by actual EEs that is installed in hundreds of machines RIGHT NOW with a proven track record, across multiple manufacturers. Why switch?

How much design and prototyping time has been poured into this new boardset? I'm not seeing the savings.

#495 4 years ago
    Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

Pinheck was designed by me.

I stand corrected. How many revisions is it up to now, eight?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jwilson.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-cgc-and-ben-heck-join-forces?tu=jwilson and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.