(Topic ID: 263158)

Spooky, CGC, and Ben Heck join forces!!!

By Whysnow

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 661 posts
  • 212 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 72 days ago by benheck
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240204_124026_Firefox.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    255292C2-32FC-4C04-8CEC-259B38F6FBC2 (resized).jpeg
    45D4568D-CB83-4774-954D-3CE27BCA5057 (resized).png
    WTII.gif
    IMG_20200312_131608 (resized).jpg
    header-2 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    addams (resized).jpg
    bonga+bonga+_goog (resized).jpg
    my-first-GIF.gif
    shaker (resized).jpg
    TOPPER (resized).jpg
    blob1 (resized).jpg
    982963B6-7C8F-4378-88BD-7B973C91F6BF.gif
    B22587C9-8403-421D-ABD4-57D8CC77463E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fymf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#292 4 years ago

Did they say when they would announce?

Shit. Wasnt planning on bringing a deposit with me to TPF if that's the plan but with so many sweet speculative games..

I played my first pinball machine ever less than 4 years ago. This becomes an expensive hobby fast

#295 4 years ago

Bttf and Army of Darkness both feature very unique vehicle models.

Why not do both?

I would 100% be buying both

I mean who doesnt want to upgrade to a chainsaw arm or travel back in time.

I get RHPS has huge cult following but as an 80s baby I am afraid that will age me out of wanting 1 on theme alone.

#300 4 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Why the thumbs down on my post?
    It really looks like this is exactly what is happening. CGC building Spooky games since they can’t (in substantial numbers). Sure, I could be wrong. I get it, am I wrong?
    I think yall got hung up on the R&M part since you like owning a rare game? For real, you guys can have it. Same for Lebowski & Aliens. I am not crying for a VE on much other than RBION just so I can have that GFE with a new box
    R&M was an example of a Spooky game made in low numbers due to an inability to produce high numbers & how contracting with CGC unlocks millions for Spooky & it would be wise to do so.
    By contracting the build out to CGC it will be easy to commit to higher build numbers on games without as much risk.
    Are they really subcontracting out production on the next title just to make very few games?
    Maybe, but that seems weird. This really seems like a strategy to scale up. Almost like what CGC did with Stern. Would be an odd idea, teaming up to do less.

I like your reply but not as much as I like discovering how internet downvotes affect you.

I'm going go with this take-a-way. If I or anyone else downvotes you then you will give an awesome response.

#304 4 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Lol, I am way too high to figure that algebra out right now.
    I legit want to know. Is Spooky scaling up via CGC?
    If so... they got something good I bet

Yea. I may have just bamboozled myself with that 1 as well.

That's the word that was announced like 30 hours ago.

Alot of speculation as to what it is. Maybe Back to the Future. Maybe Rocky Horror Picture Show. Maybe Army of Darkness/Evil Dead. Bunch of other speculation.

Go check out the newly created thread. Good fun

Holy shit we are in that thread right now. Maybe we have the same dealer?

#350 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Ebola: The Pin.

Plague, the pin.

Now featuring new vectors such as Sars and Covid19

#380 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Bible Adventures Forever: Balls of Steel LE

I would be down just to see what they came up with for the immaculate conception

#383 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Worst part about this whole fucking thing...
    I keep getting Meatloaf songs stuck in my head!

Would you prefer Silent Night?

#392 4 years ago
    Quoted from Capn12:

Ben...any idea when more details will come out? I know it will be a while, but...I'm hopeful and confident in what we may see!

TPF?

#434 4 years ago

WTF did I just watch

#442 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That's assuming you would for sure sell out the new 750 model, which is a big assumption. I know people were lined up, but another full order?
    Maybe it would all even out. I might jump from one to the other if the second one was more my liking, but then the richer kids might just buy both

Not rich here.

Would buy both.

#543 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

lots of time for things to go wrong...

Flip side of that coin. Lots of time to plan out an excellent game and roll-out as opposed to rushing it out earlier sans hardware, code or testing.

#553 4 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

Seems like the new standard in pinball playfields that RaM demonstrates, could simply be a product steming from one of the most experienced companies out there for playfield quality... "Churchill Cabinet Company" ... associated with CGC, and Spooky. ? ...... Seems like the "playfield sauce" could be flowing in the other direction?
    Franchi is aparently preparing a heap of concept Jaws translites and bringing them to TPF, talked about in the recent SAPS episode....
    Some of the themes being speculated about don't seem all that conducive to lots of "mech" with ball/player interaction. RHPS is a totally lame theme to me, and what are the mechs? . Jaws could certainly have boats and sharks and stuff that could change and interact with the ball.
    What are the big themes that play into alot of playfield mechanical interaction?

BTTF: Hover board. Delorean. Train. F'ing time travel..

Army of Darkness: Chainsaw. Boomstick. Medieval car/windmill battlewagon.

Jaws would be sweet. I'd take a properly done Alien too

#582 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

How long before they run out of outdated data east has been themes to rehash? I'm kinda looking forward to them redoing some of those stellar sega titles.

I would love for someone to take on a WW2 Naval war theme. Possibly pick an epic battle like Samar or Surigao straight.

I realize this would be niche but maybe with someone like Sterns vault/contract pins... I would love to imagine an Iron Maiden rethemed as something like this.

#603 4 years ago

Throw a curve ball and come out with Zombieland

#611 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Wore out my VHS tapes as a kid. Now I find BTTF dated and irrelevant. Should really be remade. The difference between a teens life now and in the 80s is radically more different (equals more conflict) than a teen going from 80s to 50s.[quoted image]

Has to travel back to the 80s instead though?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fymf.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-cgc-and-ben-heck-join-forces?tu=fymf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.