(Topic ID: 263158)

Spooky, CGC, and Ben Heck join forces!!!

By Whysnow

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 661 posts
  • 212 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 76 days ago by benheck
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240204_124026_Firefox.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    255292C2-32FC-4C04-8CEC-259B38F6FBC2 (resized).jpeg
    45D4568D-CB83-4774-954D-3CE27BCA5057 (resized).png
    WTII.gif
    IMG_20200312_131608 (resized).jpg
    header-2 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    addams (resized).jpg
    bonga+bonga+_goog (resized).jpg
    my-first-GIF.gif
    shaker (resized).jpg
    TOPPER (resized).jpg
    blob1 (resized).jpg
    982963B6-7C8F-4378-88BD-7B973C91F6BF.gif
    B22587C9-8403-421D-ABD4-57D8CC77463E (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dblm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#123 4 years ago

This is good news. With the backlog at Spooky, Ben gets to get his game made and CGC will get a new game out based upon their awesome quality. Curious as to what Spooky will be contributing (code, lights, sounds?) but this is all goodness.

#160 4 years ago

So it sounds like not Evil Dead. Look forward to seeing what it is!

#231 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Raven 2: Back 2 The Jungle

I'm in!

#315 4 years ago

Does this represent more of a joint collaboration between Spooky and CGC in producing the game or is this more along this lines of coming to an agreement where Ben's game moves to CGC as a way to get made and for Spooky to get another game out in the next 18 months? In other words, is it collaboration, contract manufacturing, or something in between?

#326 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I would speculate that this pin is likely more of a CGC game than Spooky. It's probably just a case where in order to utilize the game that Spooky paid Ben to develop that they need to cut Spooky a slice of the pie to compensate. Maybe Spooky helped with the licensing too but this doesn't seem like a situation where it's a Spooky game developed completely in house and then contract manufactured out to CGC.

That is the way that I read it too. Good to see companies work together but I don't necessarily think we should rush to judgment that the companies are working together more than what they are. Definitely could open the doors for future collaboration.

#410 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

The same people thinking it’s really Meatloaf are the same people that thought Haunted House Party was a real game.

Just throwing this out there. Meatloaf was in Fight Club...

#489 4 years ago

Hey @benheck, there has been a variety of speculation in this post about what the game could be. Can you give us a little hint and tell us from the list below one of our guesses that is completely wrong? That would be cool!

Evil Dead
    Army of Darkness
    Rocky Horror Picture Show
    Fight Club
    Meat Loaf
    Jaws
    5th Element
    Big Trouble in Little China
    Predator
    Scooby Doo

#496 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bublehead:

Ok, who thinks any of the above list are AAA titles? I don’t put any of these in a triple A marketing space. Basically, if you walk down the toy isles of Walmart, how many toys from these properties are on the shelf? Maybe Predator... possibly Scooby Doo, but doubtful. I would not put up any of these titles as a good pinball theme if sales of machines to the mainstream masses are your goal. Boutique level interest may be there, but mainstream properties, these are not, IMHO.

You are missing the point. That list is not about what is or is not a good theme, it is to see if we can get a clue of what the game could be. Process of elimination and everything. Now, let's be quiet on this front and see if Ben will grace us with a clue

#508 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

I won't provide any clues, sorry .

Fair enough. It was worth a try. Look forward to seeing your pin!

#534 4 years ago

Ben designed a game at Spooky that got shelved. This appears to be a reworking of that game at CGC with Ben doing design and code. The specifics of how much/little Spooky and CGC are working together are unknown at this time.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dblm.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-cgc-and-ben-heck-join-forces?tu=dblm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.