(Topic ID: 263158)

Spooky, CGC, and Ben Heck join forces!!!

By Whysnow

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 638 posts
  • 203 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Pin_Fandango
  • Topic is favorited by 62 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    255292C2-32FC-4C04-8CEC-259B38F6FBC2 (resized).jpeg
    45D4568D-CB83-4774-954D-3CE27BCA5057 (resized).png
    WTII.gif
    IMG_20200312_131608 (resized).jpg
    header-2 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    addams (resized).jpg
    bonga+bonga+_goog (resized).jpg
    my-first-GIF.gif
    shaker (resized).jpg
    TOPPER (resized).jpg
    blob1 (resized).jpg
    982963B6-7C8F-4378-88BD-7B973C91F6BF.gif
    B22587C9-8403-421D-ABD4-57D8CC77463E (resized).jpeg
    9861189A-960A-46DE-B7A0-01BBDF201F5D (resized).jpeg

There are 638 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.
    #401 1 year ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Do people genuinely want meatloaf or is this a joke I’m totally missing?

You're missing the context. SpookyCharlie replied here with the first line of text from a meatloaf song.
    So people think it's a hint for what theme it is..

#402 1 year ago

If BeetleJuice it would be nice to have not only the Danny Elfman theme song but should include Day-O & Jump In The Line from Harry Belafonte.

Speaking of how cool would it be to have Day-O playing and have some dinner type looking shrimp hand thing grab the ball and sink it under the play field.

Or BeetleJuice when he turns into the carnival inflatable with a VUK have the ball physically fly up into and behind the backbox.

The gigantic sandworm /snake creature can grab the ball.

The girls girls girls inferno room... nicely lit with red LED’s

Get the book of recently deceased to unlock the hidden wall which the ball enters.

Lydia Mechanically flys / lifts up dances during jump in the line song with the other items rocking / bouncing up and down.

Have an audio feature such as voice recognition similar to Siri where if players in the room scream out “Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice” three times something happens where he takes over like phantom flip on monster bash... this would only happen once per 3-balls etc.

Michael Keaton custom call outs.

Winona Ryder custom call outs.

Alec Baldwin custom call outs.

Gina Davis custom call outs.

A8BBC373-DA72-40C5-BD10-D9CA9E9D7A51 (resized).jpeg
    #403 1 year ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Think Spooky have wanted this license for a long time as it was thought RZ was going to be Meatloaf.

Is it a triple A license though?

#404 1 year ago

I like at the end of the movie, beetlejuice gets his head shrunken

#405 1 year ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Think Spooky have wanted this license for a long time as it was thought RZ was going to be Meatloaf.

That can't be true. Really? Crazy Meatloaf?

#406 1 year ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

no, it is not.

It is all part of the joke through.

#407 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That can't be true. Really? Crazy Meatloaf?

Who knows.

Did cross my mind that Ben was making a Bible game - Heaven and Hell stuff.

Would be easy to re-theme to Bat out of Hell maybe??

Total speculation.

#408 1 year ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Good to see people getting excited by this. Two pinball companies working together to make a great game ... what a concept!
    This is good for Ben, Spooky, CGC, and GREAT FOR PINBALL. Can't wait for you all to see this, and gonna be a wild ride.
    THANKS EVERYONE! Go back to speculating. Have a great week... back to making Rick and Morty.

So Pirates of Dark Water Pinball....

Fking epic!

#409 1 year ago

The same people thinking it’s really Meatloaf are the same people that thought Haunted House Party was a real game.

#410 1 year ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

The same people thinking it’s really Meatloaf are the same people that thought Haunted House Party was a real game.

Just throwing this out there. Meatloaf was in Fight Club...

#411 1 year ago
    Quoted from DBLM:

Just throwing this out there. Meatloaf was in Fight Club...

He was also in Spice World but I hope that's not it either.

But it could be Fight Club. As Charlie and Ben know, the first rule of Fight Club is you do NOT talk about Fight Club......

#412 1 year ago

Also.....

Rick and Morty is owned by Adult Swim
    Adult Swim also owns Aqua Teen Hunger Force
    Meatwad from ATHF is a ball of raw meat
    What is Meatloaf made out of?

Clearly, ATHF is the next title.

#413 1 year ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

He was also in Spice World but I hope that's not it either.
    But it could be Fight Club. As Charlie and Ben know, the first rule of Fight Club is you do NOT talk about Fight Club......

Solid point. That would be an instant buy for me as well. Can’t believe I forgot he was bitch tits bob.

#414 1 year ago

Maybe it's a Marvin Lee Aday pin in the style of the Bill Paxton pin :p

#415 1 year ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

If BeetleJuice it would be nice to have not only the Danny Elfman theme song but should include Day-O & Jump In The Line from Harry Belafonte.
    Speaking of how cool would it be to have Day-O playing and have some dinner type looking shrimp hand thing grab the ball and sink it under the play field.
    Or BeetleJuice when he turns into the carnival inflatable with a VUK have the ball physically fly up into and behind the backbox.
    The gigantic sandworm /snake creature can grab the ball.
    The girls girls girls inferno room... nicely lit with red LED’s
    Get the book of recently deceased to unlock the hidden wall which the ball enters.
    Lydia Mechanically flys / lifts up dances during jump in the line song with the other items rocking / bouncing up and down.
    Have an audio feature such as voice recognition similar to Siri where if players in the room scream out “Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice” three times something happens where he takes over like phantom flip on monster bash... this would only happen once per 3-balls etc.
    Michael Keaton custom call outs.
    Winona Ryder custom call outs.
    Alec Baldwin custom call outs.
    Gina Davis custom call outs.[quoted image]

Absolutely amazing theme opportunity. It should also be noted that Beetlejuice is currently a musical on Broadway and it looks amazing. I listened to the album and it's hilarious. All that to say, it's a hot property again and would be a great theme pick.

#416 1 year ago
    Quoted from cait001:

Absolutely amazing theme opportunity. It should also be noted that Beetlejuice is currently a musical on Broadway and it looks amazing. I listened to the album and it's hilarious. All that to say, it's a hot property again and would be a great theme pick.

Yeah, with a movie sequel in the works and a nationwide tour of the Broadway show coming next year it seems like a nice time to announce it.

#417 1 year ago

sorta off topic.. But Ben Heck's Bill Paxton pinball came up so I thought id share something funny that I just learned from NPR. Did you know that the cast of Titanic was served soup that was spiked with PCP? Ended with some cast and crew starting an impromptu conga line

#418 1 year ago

And I thought you guys were Meatloaf fans. Hmmph.

#419 1 year ago
    Quoted from mzhulk:

I like at the end of the movie, beetlejuice gets his head shrunken

he always wanted a little head!!

#420 1 year ago

Getting married to Lydia would have ended his hopes of that happening.

#421 1 year ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Bill Paxton Pinball: Vault Edition!

You've got 29 up-votes Ben, maybe you should make this

#422 1 year ago

More extrapolated game theory.....

Charlie used the line from Paradise by the Dashboard Light in this thread.
    Song was written by Meatloaf.
    Meatloaf was in Rocky Horror Picture Show AND the song was used as a theater trailer prior to the movie.
    First midnight showing of RHPS was in 1976.
    Also released in 1976: ROCKY
    The antagonist in Rocky was Carl Weathers (Apollo Creed)
    Carl Weathers also starred in another movie, meaningful to pinball......

Clearly, Predator is the next title.

#423 1 year ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

Meatloaf was in Rocky Horror Picture Show AND the song was used as a theater trailer prior to the movie.

I like that!

#424 1 year ago
    Quoted from cmack750:

Nice idea, but you failed with your last step. It's really going to be...

pasted_image (resized).png
    #425 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Proc has been great. Was a much needed and great use for the current phase of Spooky.
    It is also expensive and a risk for any company looking to stabilize as they grow.
    I have zero idea what boardset will be used with this team build.
    I hope for Spooky that they can get to a point of greater control, lower cost, and full functionality for their boardset of the future.
    I am excited to see what the new Parker board does and if it is used.
    Again, Proc is great for what it is, but if buying 500+ a year, I would want to bring more control and savings in house...

Why is it a risk? What more control does it give you? It's tried and tested and is getting larger and larger volumes allowing MM to make alot more and reduce the price. Versus trying to develop something expensive and at low volume requiring significant investment for a shop that can make, at most, 40 games a month. The most reliable part of TNA and ACNC is the PROC system, and PROC seems to be very reliable. As operators using PROC is helpful for us in being able to service games.

#426 1 year ago

Actually...since we're talking Carl Weathers...

No one has mentioned The Mandolorian as a theme.

There's been plenty of Star Wars titles, but Baby Yoda is a whole other thing.

#427 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Nice idea, but you failed with your last step. It's really going to be...[quoted image]

I almost went there too..... But I can proof it in reverse... quickly too.

The main star in Predator is Arnold Schwarzeneggar
    Arnold was originally cast alongside Steve Martin in 1992's “Leap of Faith" before leaving the picture for Kindergarten Cop.
    The song from the promotional video for Leap of Faith (and also on the official movie soundtrack)?

Paradise by the dashboard light.

Full circle achieved.

#428 1 year ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Why is it a risk? What more control does it give you? It's tried and tested and is getting larger and larger volumes allowing MM to make alot more and reduce the price. Versus trying to develop something expensive and at low volume requiring significant investment for a shop that can make, at most, 40 games a month. The most reliable part of TNA and ACNC is the PROC system, and PROC seems to be very reliable. As operators using PROC is helpful for us in being able to service games.

What is the total cost for a P-roc system as set up in R&M?
    What is the total cost for the system currently used by CGC?

Currently, this appears to be the only major component of a game that neither company controls themselves.
    At one point I know the Parker board was supposed to have all the functionality of other systems, meet the growing needs of game developers/manufacturers, and striking for a drastic reduction in price.

Why would these 2 companies not explore this potential alternative and the benefits that could come?

#429 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Actually...since we're talking Carl Weathers...
    No one has mentioned The Mandolorian as a theme.
    There's been plenty of Star Wars titles, but Baby Yoda is a whole other thing.

Baby Yoda!

baby-yoda-1200 (resized).jpg
    #430 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Why would these 2 companies not explore this potential alternative and the benefits that could come?

Because it would take a whole lot of time and money to develop a new board set. The P3-ROC is pretty cheap now because they make a lot of them:

https://www.multimorphic.com/store/circuit-boards/p3-roc/

Manufacturer's get big discounts because they order in quantity. It's good for the customer if manufacturers use a universal board because they customers can swap parts between different games and even different companies' games to troubleshoot and keep them running.

#432 1 year ago

So, the "Pinotaur" boardset is still in the prototype phase by the sounds of it; going to be building a Rev. 3 in the near future for minor tweaks. Check out the MacroFab Engineering Podcast if you want to know more:

https://macrofab.com/blog/mep-ep85-space-engineers-vs-caffeinated-chipmunks/

I do like having a more standard boardset for operators/users to work with. However, having a drastically cheaper boardset that is just as reliable and proven would only lower the price these insane pinball machines cost. Anyways, looks like this has been in the works for a while and here is a cool user submitted drawing for the "Pinotaur". I think they should add something like this to the silkscreen logo on the PCB!

pinotaur (resized).png
    #433 1 year ago

Better yet, evil Banana Splits...

#434 1 year ago

WTF did I just watch

#435 1 year ago
    Quoted from J85M:

I hope it's a joke, but I'm not sure either.

#436 1 year ago
    Quoted from Matesamo:

Yeah, with a movie sequel in the works and a nationwide tour of the Broadway show coming next year it seems like a nice time to announce it.

I WAS UNAWARE OF BOTH OF THOSE! awesome!

#437 1 year ago

Pure speculation - Another Rick and Morty. Charlie said they would only make more Rick Nd Morry if it was a totally new design. This would cover that and would allow more R and M machines to be built whilst there is huge demand for it.

Either that or South Park...

#438 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

Another Rick and Morty. Charlie said they would only make more Rick Nd Morry if it was a totally new design. This would cover that and would allow more R and M machines to be built whilst there is huge demand for it.

So they would undercut their own game by making another version of their game? That would make no business sense whatsoever. Part of the appeal to R&M is there is a limited number of games. End of story.

South Park is not an enticing theme for the masses. My Little Pony? Now there's a theme. Now we are talking.

#439 1 year ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

So they would undercut their own game by making another version of their game? That would make no business sense whatsoever. Part of the appeal to R&M is there is a limited number of games. End of story.
    South Park is not an enticing theme for the masses. My Little Pony? Now there's a theme. Now we are talking.

I'm partial to Garbage Pail Kids myself.

#440 1 year ago
    Quoted from Friengineer:

No undercut. They are making 750 of those games. If they make another R&M it'd be an entirely different game. They would lose zero business.
    And if R&M does well on location and becomes another South Park (apparently a perpetually well-earning machine for operators) then a new R&M would sell even better.

#441 1 year ago
    Quoted from cait001:

No undercut. They are making 750 of those games. If they make another R&M it'd be an entirely different game. They would lose zero business.

That's assuming you would for sure sell out the new 750 model, which is a big assumption. I know people were lined up, but another full order?
    Maybe it would all even out. I might jump from one to the other if the second one was more my liking, but then the richer kids might just buy both

#442 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

That's assuming you would for sure sell out the new 750 model, which is a big assumption. I know people were lined up, but another full order?
    Maybe it would all even out. I might jump from one to the other if the second one was more my liking, but then the richer kids might just buy both

Not rich here.

Would buy both.

#443 1 year ago

A affordable Madmax perhaps

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
    #444 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinPatch:

Pure speculation - Another Rick and Morty. Charlie said they would only make more Rick Nd Morry if it was a totally new design. This would cover that and would allow more R and M machines to be built whilst there is huge demand for it.

That would be a terrible decision and would be setting yourself up to fail. Ben's a super talented guy but it would be nearly impossible to make a better Rick and Morty pin than the one done by Danesi, Priepke, VanEs, and Bowen. If there's another Rick and Morty game made in the future I don't think it will be done by Spooky for that reason. That would be like Stern doing another Jurassic Park in the next year with a new designer/team.

#445 1 year ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

That would be a terrible decision and would be setting yourself up to fail. Ben's a super talented guy but it would be nearly impossible to make a better Rick and Morty pin than the one done by Danesi, Priepke, VanEs, and Bowen. If there's another Rick and Morty game made in the future I don't think it will be done by Spooky for that reason. That would be like Stern doing another Jurassic Park in the next year with a new designer/team.

Or, if (and I emphasize if) Spooky decides to do another completely different R&M machine someday, the best scenario would be to "get the band back together" for part deux. It worked for the Elvira group (SS and HOH) and I think if they were to do a sequel someday, that is the proper way to do it.

#446 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

What is the total cost for a P-roc system as set up in R&M?
    What is the total cost for the system currently used by CGC?
    Currently, this appears to be the only major component of a game that neither company controls themselves.
    At one point I know the Parker board was supposed to have all the functionality of other systems, meet the growing needs of game developers/manufacturers, and striking for a drastic reduction in price.

I'll stay out of a larger business discussion as it might apply here, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that you're either being fed wrong data, or you're making your own wrong conclusions. A P3-ROC system has more features than any other system I've seen in the industry so far (always happy to have a feature debate. ), and at high volume pricing, our prices will be very close to, and in many cases beat, similarly configured systems, even compared against systems developed and manufactured internally. BOM costs aside, the R&D advantages you get with our system (maturity, framework availability and features, extensibility, serviceability, short learning curve for programmers, etc) are unmatched in the industry, bar none.

I know it's fun to use our boards as a scapegoat for higher BOM costs in low volume runs, but even in those low volume runs, it saves companies and their customers a lot of time, money, and frustration. At higher volumes, you'll likely even save money on BOMs.

Everybody makes their purchasing decisions for their own reasons, but cost and capabilities are two reasons to go with the P-ROC ecosystem, not away from it.

And yes, I'm biased. I've also lived and breathed the economics and technical details of pinball control systems for many years now. Anybody interested in making games should call me and discuss why our systems will be a net win.

- Gerry
    https://www.multimorphic.com

#447 1 year ago
    Quoted from gstellenberg:

I'll stay out of a larger business discussion as it might apply here, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that you're either being fed wrong data, or you're making your own wrong conclusions. A P3-ROC system has more features than any other system I've seen in the industry so far (always happy to have a feature debate. ), and at high volume pricing, our prices will be very close to, and in many cases beat, similarly configured systems, even compared against systems developed and manufactured internally. BOM costs aside, the R&D advantages you get with our system (maturity, framework availability and features, extensibility, serviceability, short learning curve for programmers, etc) is unmatched in the industry, bar none.
    I know it's fun to use our boards as a scapegoat for higher BOM costs in low volume runs, but even in those low volume runs, it saves companies and their customers a lot of time, money, and frustration. At higher volumes, you'll likely even save money on BOMs.
    Everybody makes their purchasing decisions for their own reasons, but cost and capabilities are two reasons to go with the P-ROC ecosystem, not away from it.
    And yes, I'm biased. I've also lived and breathed the economics and technical details of pinball control systems for many years now. Anybody interested in making games should call me and discuss why our systems will be a net win.
    - Gerry

no doubt, you have a great product.

Why is Stern not using it?
    What is CGC not using it?

That answer is likely the same for why a growing company may decide to look for something else/ an internal solution.

#448 1 year ago
    Quoted from gstellenberg:

I'll stay out of a larger business discussion as it might apply here, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that you're either being fed wrong data, or you're making your own wrong conclusions. A P3-ROC system has more features than any other system I've seen in the industry so far (always happy to have a feature debate. ), and at high volume pricing, our prices will be very close to, and in many cases beat, similarly configured systems, even compared against systems developed and manufactured internally. BOM costs aside, the R&D advantages you get with our system (maturity, framework availability and features, extensibility, serviceability, short learning curve for programmers, etc) are unmatched in the industry, bar none.
    - Gerry

also, ignoring economies of scale/ price breaks for buying for 750 games, what is the retail cost if I want to buy a full replacement set of all the boards for R&M?

#449 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

That answer is likely the same for why a growing company may decide to look for something else/ an internal solution.

All smart business owners de-risk the prospect of using 3rd-party products. There are many ways to do that. The most dramatic... design everything in house, is not always the best. Doing what you're good at and leaning on experts to do things you're not good at is generally a good strategy and will usually save you money.

Quoted from Whysnow:

no doubt, you have a great product.
    Why is Stern not using it?
    What is CGC not using it?

I wonder those same things myself.

- Gerry

#450 1 year ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

also, ignoring economies of scale/ price breaks for buying for 750 games, what is the retail cost if I want to buy a full replacement set of all the boards for R&M?

Retail pricing is found in our web store: https://www.multimorphic.com/category/circuit-boards/

P3-ROC (the main controller) : $175
    SW-16 (switch input board) : $45
    PD-16 (coil driver board) : $85
    PD-LED (LED/Servo/Stepper driver board) : $70

- Gerry

There are 638 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 13.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside