(Topic ID: 263158)

Spooky, CGC, and Ben Heck join forces!!!

By Whysnow

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 661 posts
  • 212 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 50 days ago by benheck
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240204_124026_Firefox.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    255292C2-32FC-4C04-8CEC-259B38F6FBC2 (resized).jpeg
    45D4568D-CB83-4774-954D-3CE27BCA5057 (resized).png
    WTII.gif
    IMG_20200312_131608 (resized).jpg
    header-2 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    addams (resized).jpg
    bonga+bonga+_goog (resized).jpg
    my-first-GIF.gif
    shaker (resized).jpg
    TOPPER (resized).jpg
    blob1 (resized).jpg
    982963B6-7C8F-4378-88BD-7B973C91F6BF.gif
    B22587C9-8403-421D-ABD4-57D8CC77463E (resized).jpeg

There are 661 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.
    #251 4 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

[quoted image]

Pro model has yellow powder coat? Wrong.

#252 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Ben mentioned an evil dead design on Kanedas show in 2017. Ben has stated here today that it is a retheme of the game design he did for spooky in 2017. But maybe Im missing something?

Yea, sounds like it’s not Evil Dead for sure, which is a shame.

The most probably guess I’ve seen in this thread is Scooby Doo. I think it’s Scooby Doo. The biggest theme out there (by far) that it possibly could be is Harry Potter...an HP pin would go bananas. Back to the Future would be big as well, but not nearly as big HP.

Futurama, Jaws, Beetlejuice, Meatloaf, Godzilla and the other ones mentioned here would be smaller than Rick and Morty and not justify the joint venture.

#253 4 years ago

Based on statements in another thread it certainly isn't likely to be Harry Potter.

#254 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Sure, but where will you get the rest of the monies?!

I've been doing financial wizardy to accomodate my pinball addiction for 7 years now...never once have I ever had any business being in this hobby in regards to how much income I actually have. Nothing new here.

Pinball....uh...finds a way. Mostly a way of dropping ridiculously good project machines in my lap that I spend 3 months fixing and then selling at TPF for absurd amounts of money that I never seriously thought they'd sell for....but it finds a way.

#255 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Raven 2: Back 2 The Jungle

If I could propose a slight title change, I think "Back in the bush" works better.

#256 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Ben mentioned an evil dead design on Kanedas show in 2017. Ben has stated here today that it is a retheme of the game design he did for spooky in 2017. But maybe Im missing something?

Evil Dead rethemed to Ash vs The Evil Dead?
    Trying to throw us off?

#257 4 years ago

Bad Cats II, The Sequel

05202708-40F8-4D40-B6AF-EA64E951EEE7 (resized).jpeg05202708-40F8-4D40-B6AF-EA64E951EEE7 (resized).jpeg
    #258 4 years ago

Rocky horror picture show

#259 4 years ago

"Gimme some sugar baby."

ash vs ED Machine (resized).jpgash vs ED Machine (resized).jpg
    #260 4 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

Rocky horror picture show

That was my immediate guess based on the clues given. It just seemed like too much of an obvious clue though . . .

#261 4 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I remember every little thing as if it happened only yesterday.

Meatloaf song lyric from Paradise by the dashboard light - pin will be Rocky Horror Picture show!!!

#262 4 years ago
    Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Meatloaf song lyric from Paradise by the dashboard light - pin will be Rocky Horror Picture show!!!

That was good, I think you put it together. Terrible movie. Would make a great pin!

#263 4 years ago

If this isnt evil dead it's a blown opportunity.

#264 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

That was good, I think you put it together. Terrible movie. Would make a great pin!

I think it would be awesome pin!

#265 4 years ago

Just a little late to the party

#266 4 years ago

I think it would be awesome pin!

Its a fairly large gamble as the movie is very homo-erotic and probably not considered family friendly, but I cant think of any other movie with the gigantic cult following of RHPS.

#267 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

Its a fairly large gamble as the movie is very homo-erotic and probably not very family friendly, but I cant think of any other movie with the gigantic cult following of TRS

Eh, I don't think it is any more risque than Elviras stuff, and yes, it has a MASSIVE following. I'm not one of them though. Not really a fan of musicals.

#268 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Eh, I don't think it is any more risque than Elviras stuff, and yes, it has a MASSIVE following. I'm not one of them though. Not really a fan of musicals.

First time I saw the movie, my grandmother rented it for us from the public library. I think I was 8. Pretty sure I’ve never been right since. LMAO.

#269 4 years ago

Stupid phone

#270 4 years ago

Opps

#271 4 years ago

RHPS would arguably stray into the "boomerstalgia" genre so many here decry, but I agree it would be a fun theme if executed properly. It certainly has the cult rite of passage going for it. And I guess maybe it's no more boomerstalgic than Alice Cooper... some acts do become timeless within their realm. But how big of a license is RHPS today?

I recall in a Spooky podcast episode a few months ago, Bug was "mock complaining" about being made to watch the movie... research, perhaps?

Either way this is exciting stuff, and can only mean good things for all involved!

#272 4 years ago

Considering many colleges do screenings every year, I think it definitely has a much wider appeal than most think. I think this year is the 45 anniversary as well.

#273 4 years ago

Bug did say it was biblical on the podcast right?

MV5BMTUyMDA3OTc4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzE5NjkzMQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BMTUyMDA3OTc4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzE5NjkzMQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_ (resized).jpg
    #274 4 years ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

Considering many colleges do screenings every year, I think it definitely has a much wider appeal than most think. I think this year is the 45 anniversary as well.

If it’s Jaws I’m gonna shit myself.

Was hoping Stern wouldn’t cheap it out, hoping Charlie and crew make it a good one.

#275 4 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

If it’s Jaws I’m gonna shit myself.
    Was hoping Stern wouldn’t cheap it out, hoping Charlie and crew make it a good one.

I was referring to RHPS, but jaws was released the same year

#276 4 years ago

prophecy (resized).jpgprophecy (resized).jpg

#277 4 years ago

Sweet baby Jesus, make Jaws happen! I’ll settle for Evil Dead, but for serious, Jaws.

#278 4 years ago

I like Jaws, but seriously don't see what the appeal for a pinball of it is.

#279 4 years ago

babadook (resized).jpgbabadook (resized).jpg

#280 4 years ago

All I can say is I am glad it is still Spooky that will be building my Rick and Morty. That's all.

#281 4 years ago

The problem with all the suggested titles is than none of them seem big enough for Spooky to need a partner

#282 4 years ago

How about a michael jackson pin

#283 4 years ago

I really want it to be futurama, my wallet on the other hand..

#284 4 years ago

The two CGC pins i've owned have been high quality flawless. Them building it is a good thing.

I thought Spooky mentioned Scooby Doo a few years ago as one they would like to do?

As for Ben Heck, gotta see the PF layout design. It needs to be a lot better than AMH but was ok for a first timer.

#285 4 years ago

Ben has already said on multiple podcasts that Jaws would be a horrible pinball theme. It’s not Jaws.

#286 4 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

gotta see the PF layout design. It needs to be a lot better than AMH but was ok for a first timer.

Agree, big yield sign for me pending design- we are far from 2014 prices.

It may not matter. Plenty of buyers will line up on theme anyway.

#287 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Ben has already said on multiple podcasts that Jaws would be a horrible pinball theme. It’s not Jaws.

I’m out.

#288 4 years ago

Finally...

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
    #289 4 years ago

Saw: The Pin (or in this case Spiral). Instead of ball losses, you lose limbs! Now pinball CAN cost you an arm and a leg!

#290 4 years ago
    Screenshot_20200302-205830 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200302-205830 (resized).jpg
    #291 4 years ago

Scooby Doo 50 year anniversary was last year. Sounds about right to me.

#292 4 years ago

Did they say when they would announce?

Shit. Wasnt planning on bringing a deposit with me to TPF if that's the plan but with so many sweet speculative games..

I played my first pinball machine ever less than 4 years ago. This becomes an expensive hobby fast

#293 4 years ago

Fixed it

20200302_210430 (resized).jpg20200302_210430 (resized).jpg
    #294 4 years ago

I think scooby doo would be a bad choice, last time I watched that was when I was 12. I liked it than but no interest in it now, just like the jetson no interest. The best choice out of everything that people suggested would be bttf. Just a win win and would sell like crazy. But I would be okay with evil dead. Bruce Campbell would probably love to do custom callouts and probably would not be to expensive either. On evil dead there would be the witch from the cellar that pops up and saids "i want to swallow your soul" and many other phrases as you must bash her with the ball.

#295 4 years ago

Bttf and Army of Darkness both feature very unique vehicle models.

Why not do both?

I would 100% be buying both

I mean who doesnt want to upgrade to a chainsaw arm or travel back in time.

I get RHPS has huge cult following but as an 80s baby I am afraid that will age me out of wanting 1 on theme alone.

#296 4 years ago
    Quoted from delt31:

evil dead - I believe he already mentioned this was his unfinished game on Kaneda. Could of changed though.
    With CGC being involved they are no question now a hired entity when it comes to producing games for others. Hmmmmm what other rumored game has been looking for a manufacturer......

If its evil dead... FU#$!
    I better start saving my money. Evil Dead II is my 2nd favorite movie ever. Right behind Highlander!!!!!!
    And for my pocketbooks sake I really hope they never make a Highlander pin. Cos I only have so much money and even less ROOM!

#297 4 years ago
    220px-Piranha-3dd-poster-2 (resized).jpg220px-Piranha-3dd-poster-2 (resized).jpg
    #298 4 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I remember every little thing as if it happened only yesterday.

Back to the Future

#299 4 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Ok
    I don’t even want it, Just saying, they should, if they want to sell more games without taking on risk
    Bet they go that route a time or two, in fact maybe that’s why the three are involved in this

Why the thumbs down on my post?

It really looks like this is exactly what is happening. CGC building Spooky games since they can’t (in substantial numbers). Sure, I could be wrong. I get it, am I wrong?

I think yall got hung up on the R&M part since you like owning a rare game? For real, you guys can have it. Same for Lebowski & Aliens. I am not crying for a VE on much other than RBION just so I can have that GFE with a new box

R&M was an example of a Spooky game made in low numbers due to an inability to produce high numbers & how contracting with CGC unlocks millions for Spooky & it would be wise to do so.

By contracting the build out to CGC it will be easy to commit to higher build numbers on games without as much risk.

Are they really subcontracting out production on the next title just to make very few games?

Maybe, but that seems weird. This really seems like a strategy to scale up. Almost like what CGC did with Stern. Would be an odd idea, teaming up to do less.

#300 4 years ago
    Quoted from PW79:

Why the thumbs down on my post?
    It really looks like this is exactly what is happening. CGC building Spooky games since they can’t (in substantial numbers). Sure, I could be wrong. I get it, am I wrong?
    I think yall got hung up on the R&M part since you like owning a rare game? For real, you guys can have it. Same for Lebowski & Aliens. I am not crying for a VE on much other than RBION just so I can have that GFE with a new box
    R&M was an example of a Spooky game made in low numbers due to an inability to produce high numbers & how contracting with CGC unlocks millions for Spooky & it would be wise to do so.
    By contracting the build out to CGC it will be easy to commit to higher build numbers on games without as much risk.
    Are they really subcontracting out production on the next title just to make very few games?
    Maybe, but that seems weird. This really seems like a strategy to scale up. Almost like what CGC did with Stern. Would be an odd idea, teaming up to do less.

I like your reply but not as much as I like discovering how internet downvotes affect you.

I'm going go with this take-a-way. If I or anyone else downvotes you then you will give an awesome response.

There are 661 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-cgc-and-ben-heck-join-forces/page/6?hl=hayrebear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.