(Topic ID: 263158)

Spooky, CGC, and Ben Heck join forces!!!

By Whysnow

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 661 posts
  • 212 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 69 days ago by benheck
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240204_124026_Firefox.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    255292C2-32FC-4C04-8CEC-259B38F6FBC2 (resized).jpeg
    45D4568D-CB83-4774-954D-3CE27BCA5057 (resized).png
    WTII.gif
    IMG_20200312_131608 (resized).jpg
    header-2 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    addams (resized).jpg
    bonga+bonga+_goog (resized).jpg
    my-first-GIF.gif
    shaker (resized).jpg
    TOPPER (resized).jpg
    blob1 (resized).jpg
    982963B6-7C8F-4378-88BD-7B973C91F6BF.gif
    B22587C9-8403-421D-ABD4-57D8CC77463E (resized).jpeg
    There are 661 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.
    #201 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Since Ben mentioned it's a re-theme of the "Evil Dead" pin (as he confirmed on Kaneda) that he developed for Spooky, I doubt it's actually Evil Dead. I think there's a chance it could be Futurama (which would be awesome) but most likely I think it will be Scooby Doo which is also a great theme for pinball!

Would buy this as well since I grew up with it and our two daughters, as long as it’s based on the original Saturday shows and movies.

#202 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

I'm sure Franchi would make it look great and true to the original cartoon series.

Well you have a shit ton of browns and dark greens that could really muddy things up, or you go the other way and everything is mystery machine looking and a technicolor explosion; hard balancing act possibly but I'm no artist.
    IO mean I guess I can GIS Scooby Doo and the art would look exactly like that

Anyway, I would hope they'd skip OG SD:WAY? and go to The Scooby Doo Show. OG season 1 is decent but 2 & 3 are fucking horrible.

Quoted from MikeS:

It does seem like the logical sequel to America's Most Haunted.

Yeah I guess that's when we'd find out aboot CGC build capabilities.

#203 4 years ago

Uppost!

Happy for Ben and the opportunity to have a game build through this arrangement.

Since speculation is the thing. Franchi have already opened the lid for CGC planing to design and build a non-remake game. So, is that this one. Or is there two non-remakes in the making? Parallel to what remakes are also planned.

#204 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Since Ben mentioned it's a re-theme of the "Evil Dead" pin (as he confirmed on Kaneda) that he developed for Spooky, I doubt it's actually Evil Dead. I think there's a chance it could be Futurama (which would be awesome) but most likely I think it will be Scooby Doo which is also a great theme for pinball!

While I've often made my views on 50 year old themes very clear, this one might be a rare exception... provided they stick with the original series (25 episodes from 69-70) and skip all of the later iterations with Scrappy, Scooby Dee, Scooby Dumb, the guest stars, etc.

#205 4 years ago

It’s He-man and the Masters of the Universe

#206 4 years ago

Mr Toads Wild Ride it is.

#207 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Mr Toads Wild Ride it is.

Sad all that's left of him in DW is a tombstone

#208 4 years ago

I've got the scoop!

MV5BNmYwOTNiMzAtYmUyYi00ZGM5LTgwZWEtYTFhODYwN2E1ZWQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxMDUyOTI@._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BNmYwOTNiMzAtYmUyYi00ZGM5LTgwZWEtYTFhODYwN2E1ZWQxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTIxMDUyOTI@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    #209 4 years ago

and the vault will be re-themed!

MV5BYzcwZjRlYTgtNWYxYS00YWE5LWFlODYtMjNiYjEzZjM1NWY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDI2NDg0NQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,648,1000_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BYzcwZjRlYTgtNWYxYS00YWE5LWFlODYtMjNiYjEzZjM1NWY0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDI2NDg0NQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,648,1000_AL_ (resized).jpg
    #210 4 years ago

The LE!!!

MV5BMjE1MDE2MzQwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDg5ODMyMQ@@._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BMjE1MDE2MzQwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDg5ODMyMQ@@._V1_ (resized).jpg
    #211 4 years ago

and a special inclusive version!

MV5BZDI4MjY3ODItYjY5NC00YzA3LWJhNmEtM2ZiY2Y4OTUxNmJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjU4NzA5MDg@._V1_UY268_CR2,0,182,268_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BZDI4MjY3ODItYjY5NC00YzA3LWJhNmEtM2ZiY2Y4OTUxNmJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjU4NzA5MDg@._V1_UY268_CR2,0,182,268_AL_ (resized).jpg
    #212 4 years ago

And in Spain it will be called this!

MV5BYmVhM2MyNWMtMTEwMy00Y2QzLWFmNmEtNTVhMTRkYmRkMjJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTU0NTAxMzA@._V1_SY1000_SX675_AL_ (resized).jpgMV5BYmVhM2MyNWMtMTEwMy00Y2QzLWFmNmEtNTVhMTRkYmRkMjJhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTU0NTAxMzA@._V1_SY1000_SX675_AL_ (resized).jpg
    #213 4 years ago

Mad max would be awesome. leave the shooter lane, travel the whole board and try to get back into the shooter lane (fury road).
    With the new movie and more planned I think it would be huge. Theme spans multiple generations.

#214 4 years ago

Forbidden Zone?

A9A6D907-F700-458F-A971-DAFD1FA422C5 (resized).jpegA9A6D907-F700-458F-A971-DAFD1FA422C5 (resized).jpeg
    #215 4 years ago
    Quoted from TherealDroopy:

With the new movie and more planned I think it would be huge.

This is the best news I've heard all day! Although it took about 20 years for the last one to get made so I'll temper optimism.

#216 4 years ago

Maybe it’s finally time for women to come to pinball!! I know my wife would be thrilled

266D1A0B-1767-4DC9-9823-A40D846EC9DC (resized).jpeg266D1A0B-1767-4DC9-9823-A40D846EC9DC (resized).jpeg
    #217 4 years ago
    Quoted from koops:

I wonder how much the Vatican charges in royalty payments?

They probably want 50, maybe 60 young boys up front.

#218 4 years ago

If this is Evil Dead or something equivalent to that I bet Stern is shitting their pants right now. If they arent they should be!

#219 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jazman:

I'm guessing this is also going to use the new Pinotaur boardset that Parker has been working on with Ben...

I hope so and this is also another logical step of why this team work is a good idea. Proc is expensive and the CGC board can be improved.

New boardset could be clutch in many ways.

#220 4 years ago

Creature from the black lagoon 2? Wishful thinking I know

#221 4 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

If this is Evil Dead or something equivalent to that I bet Stern is shitting their pants right now. If they arent they should be!

Stern is not going to be worried about a title like Evil Dead. That's a niche title that has a small (though dedicated) following.

Something like Harry Potter or Back To The Future (which have broad mass-market appeal) would be much more of a problem for Stern.
    Evil Dead is just a second-class version of Walking Dead - which Stern could easily re-release and cannibalize their sales.

#222 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

It's a re-theme of the game I designed for Spooky back in 2017. (and it's not Bible Adventures)

I remember every little thing as if it happened only yesterday.

#223 4 years ago

+1 for Predator....

#224 4 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

every little thing

Road Show 2 confirmed.

#225 4 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I remember every little thing as if it happened only yesterday.

Meatloaf quotes can only mean one thing......

#226 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I hope so and this is also another logical step of why this team work is a good idea. Proc is expensive and the CGC board can be improved.
    New boardset could be clutch in many ways.

pinotaur (resized).jpegpinotaur (resized).jpeg
    #227 4 years ago

Funhouse 2: Rudy's Revenge at the Dark Carnival

#228 4 years ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

Bat Out Of Hell would probably be the only music pin that I would actually like...

#229 4 years ago

Raven 2: Back 2 The Jungle

#230 4 years ago

Now this would be an amazing backglass...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #231 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Raven 2: Back 2 The Jungle

I'm in!

#232 4 years ago

Evil dead and walking dead a totally different, and it has a bigger following than you think. I like it to be bttf or jaws.

#233 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Now this would be an amazing backglass...

Grim Reaper : See You in Hell

Molly Hatchet

also would make great ones.

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath if you did it 80s stylee.

#234 4 years ago

NO BAND PINS! Unless it's Miley Cyrus with Wrecking Ball on repeat.

#235 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

NO BAND PINS! Unless it's Miley Cyrus with Wrecking Ball on repeat.

There are a few I dream of but would never see production. I was just talking album covers that can be sweet backglasses.

#236 4 years ago

Meatloaf was in a pretty classic cult horror movie.......

#237 4 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

There are a few I dream of but would never see production. I was just talking album covers that can be sweet backglasses.

I would be down for some bad ass album covers in mirrored back glass style to hang up.

#238 4 years ago

So sad its not evil dead. It could have included some of the broadway score.

#239 4 years ago

Bring on Dr. Frank N Furter!

#240 4 years ago

The extra ball sequence would be from evil dead 2 when the witch in the cellar gets her head smashed and her eyeball pops out and flies in the girls mouth.

#241 4 years ago

I would put a 7000 dollar pinball machine on a credit card if it's this. Not kidding.

It won't be, but I would. It's utterly beyond me how this is not a thing yet.

#242 4 years ago

ED9C8254-59E9-4842-AFFF-7872B2005CCB (resized).jpegED9C8254-59E9-4842-AFFF-7872B2005CCB (resized).jpeg
    #243 4 years ago
    Quoted from mozach:

Surprised no one has said Back to the Future yet. We know Franchi is working on a game for CGC and he and Joe K alluded to BTTF on his podcast. And it would be a theme too big for Spooky.

I Wanted to make one after my current project.
    It will have a flying Delorian.
    So put a flying Delorian in it and i can skip my version.

#244 4 years ago
    POKEMON (resized).jpgPOKEMON (resized).jpg
    #245 4 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

.[quoted image]

My wife is a Disney nut, and this would be an instant addition to her side of the collection in a heartbeat. So far she has WOZ and WONKA that are “her” machines.

#246 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I would put a 7000 dollar pinball machine on a credit card if it's this. Not kidding.
    It won't be, but I would. It's utterly beyond me how this is not a thing yet.

You and me both. Global popularity. Same with my hero academia.

#247 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I would put a 7000 dollar pinball machine on a credit card if it's this.....

Sure, but where will you get the rest of the monies?!

#248 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

So sad its not evil dead. It could have included some of the broadway score.

How do you know it's not Evil Dead, did they confirm that?

#249 4 years ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

I'm not really into speculating. I just like reading the crazy ideas people come up with. The Meatloaf reference would seem to point to RHPS...something right up Spooky's alley (Bat out of Hell machine, laughable). I think it would be a great theme, but it all comes down to implementation!

#250 4 years ago

Ben mentioned an evil dead design on Kanedas show in 2017. Ben has stated here today that it is a retheme of the game design he did for spooky in 2017. But maybe Im missing something?

There are 661 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-cgc-and-ben-heck-join-forces/page/5?hl=asmig and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.