(Topic ID: 263158)

Spooky, CGC, and Ben Heck join forces!!!

By Whysnow

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 661 posts
  • 212 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 73 days ago by benheck
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240204_124026_Firefox.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    255292C2-32FC-4C04-8CEC-259B38F6FBC2 (resized).jpeg
    45D4568D-CB83-4774-954D-3CE27BCA5057 (resized).png
    WTII.gif
    IMG_20200312_131608 (resized).jpg
    header-2 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    addams (resized).jpg
    bonga+bonga+_goog (resized).jpg
    my-first-GIF.gif
    shaker (resized).jpg
    TOPPER (resized).jpg
    blob1 (resized).jpg
    982963B6-7C8F-4378-88BD-7B973C91F6BF.gif
    B22587C9-8403-421D-ABD4-57D8CC77463E (resized).jpeg
    There are 661 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.
    #151 4 years ago
    Quoted from kermit24:

I am expecting a big time license. CGC wouldn’t need to be involved unless it was a grade a license.

Maybe? Perhaps due to some of the R&M backlash regarding numbers, they are just trying to find a way to make more games faster for something they assume will sell more than 750 in 18 months. There's a ton of themes out there that fit that scale.

#152 4 years ago

Zombieland.

#153 4 years ago

Bladerunner !!

#154 4 years ago

all I gotta say is that if there are any 2 teams were this seems to be a perfect fit, it is these 2.

They seem to have a logical combined net positive and I am super excited to see what comes!

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Could be, Bible Adventures would be a licensed theme. I believe it was a game on the nintendo.

For some reason I own a copy

CD4233CB-AEAE-4F8D-93A9-B74B2EBD15E3 (resized).jpegCD4233CB-AEAE-4F8D-93A9-B74B2EBD15E3 (resized).jpeg
    #156 4 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

For some reason I own a copy[quoted image]

Not quite "rare" but definitely a unique title! I always found it phenomenally ironic that the game has a hardware design specifically designed to defeat Nintendo's lockout chip- basically circumventing their licensing model. Hm....

#157 4 years ago

It's a re-theme of the game I designed for Spooky back in 2017. (and it's not Bible Adventures)

I am acting as game designer and will also be doing the code. My goal is to have a very mechanically satisfying game under the glass that will excite location players but also have a deep rule set to please those in home environments.

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

For some reason I own a copy[quoted image]

that is it, how in the world do you still have that.

#159 4 years ago

Goonies?

#160 4 years ago

So it sounds like not Evil Dead. Look forward to seeing what it is!

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

... gonna be a wild ride.

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride?!

mrtoad (resized).jpgmrtoad (resized).jpg
    #162 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

It's a re-theme of the game I designed for Spooky back in 2017. (and it's not Bible Adventures)
    I am acting as game designer and will also be doing the code. My goal is to have a very mechanically satisfying game under the glass that will excite location players but also have a deep rule set to please those in home environments.

Nice to see you back in pinball! And good on Spooky for keeping the door open for your return -- a real nice pinball news story. Super excited for this game.

#163 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

When will we see more info on your pin?

#164 4 years ago

I remember ben saying his old design had a main toy that was a big knight were his arms and legs would fall off. I wonder what that could be re themed as maybe Voltron

#165 4 years ago

dup post

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Congrats! Has to be a good feeling seeing something you put that much into move back into the forefront.

#167 4 years ago
    Quoted from robotron:

always like these type posts. you know everything.

Actually I don't. First I heard of it was this thread post #1.

I'm tech support. First to go last to know. I have no idea CGC or JJP plans. I often find out the same time as everybody else.

I'm in a different state than Spooky, CGC, and JJP. I can't look out my door and see what they are talking about or working on. And believe me, I hate surprises. I get to do tech support on something I haven't heard of or even seen yet. Or customers calling for help and I don't have the game yet to check things unique to the game.

LTG : )

#168 4 years ago
    Quoted from guitarded:

Who the heck is Ben Heck?

LTG : )

2017-05-11 SS Billiards-Darin Kamnetz-119(1) (resized).jpg2017-05-11 SS Billiards-Darin Kamnetz-119(1) (resized).jpg
    #169 4 years ago
    Quoted from mozach:

Surprised no one has said Back to the Future yet. We know Franchi is working on a game for CGC and he and Joe K alluded to BTTF on his podcast. And it would be a theme too big for Spooky.

Hoping for this outcome!

#170 4 years ago

Bill Paxton Pinball: Vault Edition!

#171 4 years ago
    Quoted from Wheel_Jack:

I remember ben saying his old design had a main toy that was a big knight were his arms and legs would fall off. I wonder what that could be re themed as maybe Voltron

The Holy Grail?

#172 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

New Ben Heck game is coming!!!!
    A collaboration between spooky and CGC with Ben Heck design and a licensed theme.
    No limit on quantity and a BIG theme by the sounds of it.

Finally something great.

#173 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

that is it, how in the world do you still have that.

I tend to hold onto useless things and get rid of stuff that ends up being worth a fortune

#174 4 years ago

I’m gonna guess: Gremlins!

#175 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Finally something great.

LOL you say that about EVERY unreleased pinball machine forthcoming by anybody besides Stern

#176 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Bill Paxton Pinball: Vault Edition!

I know this is a joke, but I always loved the Bill Paxton machine!

#177 4 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Good to see people getting excited by this. Two pinball companies working together to make a great game ... what a concept!
    This is good for Ben, Spooky, CGC, and GREAT FOR PINBALL. Can't wait for you all to see this, and gonna be a wild ride.
    THANKS EVERYONE! Go back to speculating. Have a great week... back to making Rick and Morty.

Who would have thought Spooky and CGC would be the Marvel/Sony of the Pinball Universe

#178 4 years ago

It’s Scooby Doo...but the addition of Scrappy is likely to sink sales.

#179 4 years ago
    Quoted from Indusguys:

I tend to hold onto useless things and get rid of stuff that ends up being worth a fortune

I have that same gift...or I get rid of it the day before I need it

#180 4 years ago

Die Hard (Fox), The Mummy (Universal), Predator (Fox), Mad Max (Warner Bros), The Matrix (Warner Bros), John Wick or Kill Bill would all be big licenses. However, Evil Dead would be the most likely, although it's not as big of a license as those others.

The key is in the wording: "a license too big for Spooky to handle." Ben wanted Evil Dead before, but Spooky couldn't afford the license at the time.

#181 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackalwere:

The key is in the wording: "a license too big for Spooky to handle."

I think it is less cost of the license and more of the demand they are expecting the theme to have exceeding Spooky's current capabilities.
    They leave a lot of money on the table by not being able to meet demand if spooky could have knocked out 150-200 games a month they probably could have sold double the amount of Rick and Morty.

Just my thoughts

#182 4 years ago

Beavis and Butthead!

#183 4 years ago

Best theme... ever.

16BCDB3D-3D1B-4BD5-88A0-A9C0D9A914A9 (resized).jpeg16BCDB3D-3D1B-4BD5-88A0-A9C0D9A914A9 (resized).jpeg
    #184 4 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

Maybee we will see a jaws?

My goodness... will you guys please give up on the 40 year old themes? They are well past their expiration dates!

Quoted from mrclean:

I'm pretty sure right now there is BIG Trouble in actual China.

He said big license... too big for Spooky. If they could handle IP for the Jetsons and for Rick & Morty, I'm sure they can handle to IP of a decades old, forgotten, flop of a movie that has a tiny cult following.

#185 4 years ago
    Quoted from HeadNZ:

Best theme... ever.[quoted image]

“Let me tell you about my mother.”

#186 4 years ago
    Quoted from DanDanDAN:

I think it is less cost of the license and more of the demand they are expecting the theme to have exceeding Spooky's current capabilities.
    They leave a lot of money on the table by not being able to meet demand if spooky could have knocked out 150-200 games a month they probably could have sold double the amount of Rick and Morty.
    Just my thoughts

Good point.

I also keep thinking back to Franchi's Beetlejuice artwork...

#187 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL you say that about EVERY unreleased pinball machine forthcoming by anybody besides Stern

You are obsessed with Stern. You have 30k in the bank you said. Help Stern out then. Buy a Nib.

#188 4 years ago
    Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

You are obsessed with Stern. You have 30k in the bank you said. Help Stern out then. Buy a Nib.

You are a groupie for unreleased, unseen games that don't yet exist. It's the weirdest thing on Pinside, and that's saying something.

Are you already giving up on your latest flame, Deep Root? Give 'em a chance the games aren't even out yet!

#189 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackalwere:

Good point.
    I also keep thinking back to Franchi's Beetlejuice artwork...

BEETLEJUICE IS dream theme for me.

However i thought Stern had this license and just shelfed it.

Id be thrilled if somebody other then stern did Beetlejuice. Maybe they gave up the license. One can hope.

#190 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are a groupie for unreleased games. It's the weirdest thing on Pinside, and that's saying something.
    Are you already giving up on your latest flame, Deep Root? Give 'em a chance the games aren't even out yet!

I really don’t care about Deeproot. That was a fun thread.

#191 4 years ago

Gremlins would be great but Evil Dead would get me thinking hard. CGC is the interesting part for sure; very interesting to see what happens here.

#192 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Gremlins would be great but Evil Dead would get me thinking hard. CGC is the interesting part for sure; very interesting to see what happens here.

Evil Dead is great and it would take Bruce Campbell about 3 seconds to "unretire" from the part, I'm sure.

#193 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Evil Dead is great and it would take Bruce Campbell about 3 seconds to "unretire" from the part, I'm sure.

I know, he's said over and over he's done, but..money's money and you know the guy does actually love the character. Something tells me though that this isn't Evil Dead....

#195 4 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh Bruce doesn't give a shit fo sho. I was suprised how good Ash vs Evil Dead was, was kind of expecting a bit of a letdown but it was solid.
    Now, can CGC build a new game

may 2019

KT: As they say. So, speaking of ‘Believe It or Not!,’ I still can’t believe you retired iconic character, Ash Williams. Are you sticking to that? No way I can talk you into reconsidering?

BC: Yeah, I’m sticking to that; it gets easier every year.

KT: [Laughs] Fair enough.

BC: I’m still doing video games, I’m doing voices for Ash. I’m just not going to grovel in the blood anymore.

#196 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Since Ben mentioned it's a re-theme of the "Evil Dead" pin (as he confirmed on Kaneda) that he developed for Spooky, I doubt it's actually Evil Dead. I think there's a chance it could be Futurama (which would be awesome) but most likely I think it will be Scooby Doo which is also a great theme for pinball!

#197 4 years ago
    Quoted from MikeS:

Since Ben mentioned it's a re-theme of the "Evil Dead" pin (as he confirmed on Kaneda) that he developed for Spooky, I doubt it's actually Evil Dead. I think there's a chance it could be Futurama (which would be awesome) but most likely I think it will be Scooby Doo which is also a great theme for pinball!

Scooby is a set up for disaster IMO. Color palette scares me

#198 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Scooby is a set up for disaster IMO. Color palette scares me

I'm sure Franchi would make it look great and true to the original cartoon series. It does seem like the logical sequel to America's Most Haunted. I think it would lend itself to pinball well. Collect Team members, boost bonus with Scooby snacks, and solve mysteries. Super Jackpot could be pulling the mask off the villains to reveal who they really are. I think it would be fun!

#199 4 years ago
    Quoted from damadczar:

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride?! [quoted image]

Would by this just because my daughter and I always ride that .
    When I visit her, and she is a cast member in the design department. Not holding my breath however, would give anything for BTTF with all videos and call outs

#200 4 years ago

I'm guessing this is also going to use the new Pinotaur boardset that Parker has been working on with Ben...

There are 661 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-cgc-and-ben-heck-join-forces/page/4?hl=jaytrem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.