(Topic ID: 263158)

Spooky, CGC, and Ben Heck join forces!!!

By Whysnow

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 661 posts
  • 212 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 72 days ago by benheck
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240204_124026_Firefox.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    255292C2-32FC-4C04-8CEC-259B38F6FBC2 (resized).jpeg
    45D4568D-CB83-4774-954D-3CE27BCA5057 (resized).png
    WTII.gif
    IMG_20200312_131608 (resized).jpg
    header-2 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    addams (resized).jpg
    bonga+bonga+_goog (resized).jpg
    my-first-GIF.gif
    shaker (resized).jpg
    TOPPER (resized).jpg
    blob1 (resized).jpg
    982963B6-7C8F-4378-88BD-7B973C91F6BF.gif
    B22587C9-8403-421D-ABD4-57D8CC77463E (resized).jpeg
    There are 661 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.
    #101 4 years ago

Evil Dead if license renewed.
    UltraMan maybe

#102 4 years ago

OH,fine,we all are still waiting for our R&M B.S.pin to be made,and poof,another good title also going to be made??This could get expensive

#103 4 years ago

I love this development because it makes sense.

Spooky right now has a production bottleneck.

CGC wants to manufacturer more product.

Ben was frustrated by his game being pushed back for years because Spooky made the choice to put Rick & Morty on their line.

Congrats to all involved for negotiating a win for all parties.

#104 4 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

American Pinball wants to manufacturer more product.

Um, CGC is not American Pinball.

#105 4 years ago

Evil Dead makes sense. Bruce Campbell is still active as is the franchise with the latest "Ash Vs. Evil Dead" series.
    Bruce's door is wide open!

#106 4 years ago
    Quoted from cooked71:

I really don’t understand the love for Big Trouble in Little China. Would suck as a pinball theme.

Overrated yes. Suck? no.

It’s no Oktoberfest

#107 4 years ago
    Quoted from frolic:

Ben was frustrated by his game being pushed back for years because Spooky made the choice to put Rick & Morty on their line.

I dont think that is even remotely accurate. Ben's game was ready long before the R&M timeline.
    I think the real reason was licensing issues/costs in the past, but dont quote me on that.

This makes sense as CGC can do a bigger run and has the license buying power/ability from that larger run.

#108 4 years ago

Evil Dead has potentially become quite a deep theme with 2 movies and 3 seasons of an awesome series. If it is Evil Dead I really hope the series is involved as its got some of the funnest stuff of the franchise.

#109 4 years ago

If it’s Evil Dead I’m getting a chain saw for a topper.

#110 4 years ago
    Quoted from newovad:

Um, CGC is not American Pinball.

Oops. Typo but same result.

#111 4 years ago

Perhaps a prior Spooky game took too long , causing Ben's game license to run out?

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

with 2 movies

Umm.... hate to break it to you, but there’s three. 1,2,and Army of Darkness.

#113 4 years ago

Evil Dead needs a necronomicon book like the hobbit so you can get different incantations for different modes and demons. Also a fruit cellar trap door that can have a granny bash toy or drop to a subway and start a basement playfield mod that is virtual pinall on the LCD.

#114 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Perhaps a prior Spooky game took too long , causing Ben's game license to run out?

1 and 2 are essentially the same movie.

#115 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinstein:

1 and 2 are essentially the same movie.

Quoted from blowback1976:

Umm.... hate to break it to you, but there’s three. 1,2,and Army of Darkness.

There are 4: 1,2 AOD and the 2013 version, which is *not* a remake

#116 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont think that is even remotely accurate. Ben's game was ready long before the R&M timeline.
    I think the real reason was licensing issues/costs in the past, but dont quote me on that.
    This makes sense as CGC can do a bigger run and has the license buying power/ability from that larger run.

I won't quote you, but I can quote Ben:
    “More news: I'm parting ways with Spooky Pinball due to my 2nd game being delayed beyond my liking and the usual "creative differences". The whitewood I designed may get turned into something by them down the road however.”

https://twitter.com/benheck/status/963793879567929345

#117 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There are 4: 1,2 AOD and the 2013 version, which is *not* a remake

Fair enough, keep forgetting about the cameo at the end.

#118 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I won't quote you, but I can quote Ben:
    “More news: I'm parting ways with Spooky Pinball due to my 2nd game being delayed beyond my liking and the usual "creative differences". The whitewood I designed may get turned into something by them down the road however.”
    https://twitter.com/benheck/status/963793879567929345

Yeah that was back with TNA though, which was followed by Alice. Nothing to do with Rick & Morty. Regardless, I'm excited to see what this partnership produces.

#119 4 years ago

That 2013 movie was such a let down and shouldnt be associated with the franchise.

#120 4 years ago

Does this mean CGC won't be doing another remake in near future and this is there "next game"?

#121 4 years ago

Great news! This makes a lot of sense for everyone.

#122 4 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Does this mean CGC won't be doing another remake in near future and this is there "next game"?

I'm still betting we see another remake here soon.

#123 4 years ago

This is good news. With the backlog at Spooky, Ben gets to get his game made and CGC will get a new game out based upon their awesome quality. Curious as to what Spooky will be contributing (code, lights, sounds?) but this is all goodness.

#124 4 years ago
    Quoted from blowback1976:

Fair enough, keep forgetting about the cameo at the end.

And the the Delta 88

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Yeah that was back with TNA though, which was followed by Alice. Nothing to do with Rick & Morty. Regardless, I'm excited to see what this partnership produces.

Wait, so did Ben quit twice? WTF

#126 4 years ago

I’m thinking...

Spooky license, whitewood, mechs, code and a production line tie-up for 14 more months necessitates CGC assembly. Makes a lot of sense.

Evil Dead would be hard to pass up for me.

#127 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wait, so did Ben quit twice? WTF

No, just look at the date though, that is from Feb. 2018. That was right as the TNA's were hitting starting to ship out, and just a few months before Alice Cooper was going to debut at TPF 2018.

#128 4 years ago

If CGC is making the game I wonder what boardset/framework they will use? Maybe they will stick to their electronics?

Quoted from DBLM:

This is good news. With the backlog at Spooky, Ben gets to get his game made and CGC will get a new game out based upon their awesome quality. Curious as to what Spooky will be contributing (code, lights, sounds?) but this is all goodness.

#129 4 years ago
    Quoted from taz:

I'd be in for a Scooby Dooby Doooo!

Agreed this is the logical choice,along with Evil Dead!

#130 4 years ago

ben's next game is clearly roadhouse

#131 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Maybe this is the answer for spooky moving forward getting those bigger/more expensive licences? They can still produce their 750-1000 run games like R&M and go for more commercial licences with CGC manufacturing much larger runs to spread the larger licence costs, who knows?

All I do know is it’s a win win for everyone involved and for us as buyers.

#132 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

ben's next game is clearly roadhouse

I thought it'd be bigger.

#133 4 years ago

I don't think this is the case, but I'm just curious if it would be possible to license old Williams/Bally themes through Chicago Gaming Company to make say, a sequel to Medieval Madness?

PS: These are the only two companies which I have bought NIB games from.

#134 4 years ago

I can only hope to someday thank Doug personally for the donation of his MM #1 remake at the Pinball Life open house for JDRF, which was made possible because of Charlie Emery.

It's one of those things he certainly didn't have to do. But he did.

My grandson and all those with diabetes can't thank him enough!

I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised when they see Ben Heck's new game! And the fact that Spooky Pinball is now working with CGC, will only make it better!

361098B4-2157-4CA1-A24C-ED197A6FD2CE_1_105_c (resized).jpeg361098B4-2157-4CA1-A24C-ED197A6FD2CE_1_105_c (resized).jpeg5E3ED25D-D241-4772-99FD-E253A17F9211_1_105_c (resized).jpeg5E3ED25D-D241-4772-99FD-E253A17F9211_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
    #135 4 years ago

fck .... too many machines i need to buy this year and not enough room

#136 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I can only hope to someday thank Doug personally for the donation of his MM #1 remake at the Pinball Life open house for JDRF, which was made possible because of Charlie Emery.
    It's one of those things he certainly didn't have to do. But he did.
    My grandson and all those with diabetes can't thank him enough!
    I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised when they see Ben Heck's new game! And the fact that Spooky Pinball is now working with CGC, will only make it better![quoted image][quoted image]

dang, that is pretty darn amazing.

#137 4 years ago

I hope its evil dead, I even named my bowling balls evil dead 1 and 2 and my third ball will be called army of darkness.

20200215_071358 (resized).jpg20200215_071358 (resized).jpg20200227_191510 (resized).jpg20200227_191510 (resized).jpg
    #138 4 years ago

Please be Evil Dead! Fucking dream theme, insta buy here.

#139 4 years ago

Good to see people getting excited by this. Two pinball companies working together to make a great game ... what a concept!

This is good for Ben, Spooky, CGC, and GREAT FOR PINBALL. Can't wait for you all to see this, and gonna be a wild ride.

THANKS EVERYONE! Go back to speculating. Have a great week... back to making Rick and Morty.

#140 4 years ago
    Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Good to see people getting excited by this. Two pinball companies working together to make a great game ... what a concept!
    This is good for Ben, Spooky, CGC, and GREAT FOR PINBALL. Can't wait for you all to see this, and gonna be a wild ride.
    THANKS EVERYONE! Go back to speculating. Have a great week... back to making Rick and Morty.

Bible adventures confirmed!

#141 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Bible adventures confirmed!

Could be, Bible Adventures would be a licensed theme. I believe it was a game on the nintendo.

#142 4 years ago

The spectrum of the speculation has an interesting dynamic with the contrast between evil dead and bible adventures, both based on mythic and controversial books.

#144 4 years ago

Not even a little hint....

#145 4 years ago

"wild ride"

Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 confirmed. Now with twice as many troll dolls!

#146 4 years ago

Hopefully it all works out great for all involved, and it becomes a repeat adventure.

#147 4 years ago

I'm rooting for Mike Tyson Mystery Team

#148 4 years ago
    Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'm rooting for Mike Tyson Mystery Team

Hah, I forgot about that one. I'd be down for that. You could pretty much make 2 games out of this. One as Scooby Doo theme, and one for Mike Tyson Mystery Team.

#149 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody76:

Could be, Bible Adventures would be a licensed theme. I believe it was a game on the nintendo.

Yes... Could it be Super 3-D Noah's Ark?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_3D_Noah%27s_Ark

#150 4 years ago

I am expecting a big time license. CGC wouldn’t need to be involved unless it was a grade a license.

There are 661 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-cgc-and-ben-heck-join-forces/page/3?hl=halfwasted and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.