(Topic ID: 263158)

Spooky, CGC, and Ben Heck join forces!!!

By Whysnow

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 638 posts
  • 203 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Pin_Fandango
  • Topic is favorited by 63 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
    255292C2-32FC-4C04-8CEC-259B38F6FBC2 (resized).jpeg
    45D4568D-CB83-4774-954D-3CE27BCA5057 (resized).png
    WTII.gif
    IMG_20200312_131608 (resized).jpg
    header-2 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    addams (resized).jpg
    bonga+bonga+_goog (resized).jpg
    my-first-GIF.gif
    shaker (resized).jpg
    TOPPER (resized).jpg
    blob1 (resized).jpg
    982963B6-7C8F-4378-88BD-7B973C91F6BF.gif
    B22587C9-8403-421D-ABD4-57D8CC77463E (resized).jpeg
    9861189A-960A-46DE-B7A0-01BBDF201F5D (resized).jpeg

There are 638 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.
    #601 2 years ago

The biggest joke would be another BTTF pinball machine.

#602 2 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The biggest joke would be another BTTF pinball machine.

I dunno, jazz it up with some Back In Time covered by Dethklok. Could be interesting...

#603 2 years ago

Throw a curve ball and come out with Zombieland

#604 2 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

Seems like the new standard in pinball playfields that RaM demonstrates, could simply be a product steming from one of the most experienced companies out there for playfield quality... "Churchill Cabinet Company" ... associated with CGC, and Spooky. ? ...... Seems like the "playfield sauce" could be flowing in the other direction?
    Franchi is aparently preparing a heap of "concept" Jaws translites and bringing them to TPF, talked about in the recent SAPS episode....
    Some of the themes being speculated about don't seem all that conducive to lots of "mech" with ball/player interaction. RHPS is a totally lame theme to me, and what are the mechs? . Jaws could certainly have boats and sharks and stuff that could change and interact with the ball.
    What are the big themes that play into alot of playfield mechanical interaction?

I have AFMLE and owned MBSE and they are as dimpled as my newer Sterns. From what I’ve seen of R&M, they appear to be holding up much better. So yeah, I’d prefer Spooky make the playfields with their current process.

#605 2 years ago

Wore out my VHS tapes as a kid. Now I find BTTF dated and irrelevant. Should really be remade. The difference between a teens life now and in the 80s is radically more different (equals more conflict) than a teen going from 80s to 50s.

IMG_20200312_131608 (resized).jpg
    #606 2 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Wore out my VHS tapes as a kid. Now I find BTTF dated and irrelevant. Should really be remade. The difference between a teens life now and in the 80s is radically more different (equals more conflict) than a teen going from 80s to 50s.[quoted image]

Nice selfie...

#607 2 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Wore out my VHS tapes as a kid. Now I find BTTF dated and irrelevant. Should really be remade. The difference between a teens life now and in the 80s is radically more different (equals more conflict) than a teen going from 80s to 50s.[quoted image]

Good thing teens are the ones buying all these pins!

#608 2 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

a remake would be awesome, but the directors forbid it (which is stupid). make a time machine out of a tesla, keep the 1.21gwatts gag going.. marty jr jr goes forward in time but because the charging plug and battery cell standards changed in 30 years he cant charge his time circuits to get back.

#609 2 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

a remake would be awesome, but the directors forbid it (which is stupid). make a time machine out of a tesla, keep the 1.21gwatts gag going.. marty jr jr goes forward in time but because the charging plug and battery cell standards changed in 30 years he cant charge his time circuits to get back.

WTII.gif

I like it, if only Gale/Zemeckis would agree...

#610 2 years ago

Perhaps as more people get a little older and more mature, they won't give a shit what happened in the 1980s any more.

Or how irrelevant it is to what is happening today.

But research has shown, some people's brains aren't wired to accept culture past their teenage years no matter how old they get.

#611 2 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

Has to travel back to the 80s instead though?

2 weeks later
    #612 2 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

A rod of plutonium by itself making electricity is also bad science. Nuclear energy is more about how long the fuel lasts not so much its power.

2 months later
    #613 1 year ago

any updates?

11 months later
    #614 1 year ago

It’s Goonies...in the ‘next spooky thread’ Ben Heck said “I ain’t sayin SHIT” well....the Goonies say “SHIT” about 100 times in the film. Clearly he is referencing this.

Quoted from mof:

any updates?

45D4568D-CB83-4774-954D-3CE27BCA5057 (resized).png
    #615 1 year ago
    Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It’s Goonies...in the ‘next spooky thread’ Ben Heck said “I ain’t sayin SHIT” well....the Goonies say “SHIT” about 100 times in the film. Clearly he is referencing this.

[quoted image]

Important point: When someone says they “ain’t saying shit” they are in fact saying shit.

#616 1 year ago

They haven’t found ‘shit.’

Spaceballs confirmed.

255292C2-32FC-4C04-8CEC-259B38F6FBC2 (resized).jpeg
    #617 1 year ago

The Toxic Avenger is a janitor, janitors clean up shit... Toxic Avenger confirmed.

pasted_image (resized).png

#618 1 year ago

Goonies is coming, it may not be next but I’m pretty sure it’s the CGC / SPOOKY / Heck collab license. Spaceballs isn’t popular enough and no one would ever make Troma pin obviously. Maybe I’m right maybe I’m wrong, time will tell.

Quoted from lpeters82:

The Toxic Avenger is a janitor, janitors clean up shit... Toxic Avenger confirmed.
    [quoted image]

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Spaceballs confirmed. [quoted image]

Quoted from Mudflaps:

Spaceballs confirmed. [quoted image]

Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Important point: When someone says they “ain’t saying shit” they are in fact saying shit.

#619 1 year ago

The Goonies would be great. I just thought that Deeproot had leaked that they held the license. I'd much rather have it be a Spooky game. Would make sense for "stacked" multi level playfield as you travel down into the cave to find the treasure. Honestly a lot would depend on the artwork for me. Artwork could really make or ruin that license.

#620 1 year ago
    Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Goonies is coming, it may not be next but I’m pretty sure it’s the CGC / SPOOKY / Heck collab license. Spaceballs isn’t popular enough and no one would ever make Troma pin obviously. Maybe I’m right maybe I’m wrong, time will tell.

Spaceballs not popular?

#621 1 year ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

Spaceballs not popular?

It’s confirmed. Hang out on pinside and be surrounded by assholes.

#622 1 year ago

It’s popular with Gen Xrs and Boomers. I personally can’t stand Mel Brooks myself. I’m just not sure I see it being made. I could be wrong though.

Spaceballs not popular?

#623 1 year ago

Who exactly is being an “asshole”?

Quoted from YZRider926:

It’s confirmed. Hang out on pinside and be surrounded by assholes.

#624 1 year ago
    Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I personally can’t stand Mel Brooks myself.

...and you lost me.

#625 1 year ago

We can’t all love the same things. I get why people like him. Just not a fan of slapstick.

Quoted from lpeters82:

...and you lost me.

#626 1 year ago
    Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Who exactly is being an “asshole”?

Haha no one that I know of. It’s a bit in the movie.

#627 1 year ago

Ohhh Haha was just checking to see if it were me. That’s would have been the fourth time this week someone called me an asshole. I was like “how does he know?!?”

Quoted from YZRider926:

Haha no one that I know of. It’s a bit in the movie.

#628 1 year ago
    Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ohhh Haha was just checking to see if it were me. That’s would have been the fourth time this week someone called me an asshole. I was like “how does he know?!?”

I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes.

Keep firing assholes!

#629 1 year ago

#630 1 year ago

I literally don't think they CAN make a SpaceBalls machine. Mel Brooks made a deal with George Lucas to not release any SpaceBalls merchandise in return for a "fair use" statement.

Now, it's possible that this was only for some limited time that has now expired, but I've never seen any mention of a time limit on it.

https://magazine.promomarketing.com/article/why-the-merchandising-scene-in-spaceballs-is-even-funnier-than-you-remember/

So I think you "assholes" are all out of luck...

#631 1 year ago

Collecting all the Spaceballs merchandise is actually a mode in the game.

#632 1 year ago

Oh Lord. The Spaceballs thing was a joke. The ‘asshole’ thing is a joke in the movie. Go watch Spaceballs!

No, I don’t think Spooky is making Spaceballs. My money is on Friday the 13th or Evil Dead, by that’s just a wild ass guess.

#633 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

I literally don't think they CAN make a SpaceBalls machine. Mel Brooks made a deal with George Lucas to not release any SpaceBalls merchandise in return for a "fair use" statement.
    Now, it's possible that this was only for some limited time that has now expired, but I've never seen any mention of a time limit on it.
    https://magazine.promomarketing.com/article/why-the-merchandising-scene-in-spaceballs-is-even-funnier-than-you-remember/
    So I think you "assholes" are all out of luck...

like i said, im surrounded by assholes. LMAO

Mel brooks did an entire joke about that throughout the movie of all the spaceballs merch. It was hilarious. Spaceballs the flame thrower was the best

#634 1 year ago

like i said, im surrounded by assholes. LMAO
    Mel brooks did an entire joke about that throughout the movie of all the spaceballs merch. It was hilarious. Spaceballs the flame thrower was the best

Yes, I know...I was attempting to continue the joke, hence my use of quotation marks. I'm quite familiar with the movie.

#635 1 year ago
    Quoted from mbeardsley:

Yes, I know...I was attempting to continue the joke, hence my use of quotation marks. I'm quite familiar with the movie.

Same here

Now keep firing.

#636 1 year ago
    Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I personally can’t stand Mel Brooks myself.

Frau Blucher!

#637 1 year ago

Looking forward to this!!

#638 1 year ago

tagged for interest!

There are 638 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 13.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!