(Topic ID: 263158)

Spooky, CGC, and Ben Heck join forces!!!

By Whysnow

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 661 posts
  • 212 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 71 days ago by benheck
  • Topic is favorited by 60 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240204_124026_Firefox.jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    255292C2-32FC-4C04-8CEC-259B38F6FBC2 (resized).jpeg
    45D4568D-CB83-4774-954D-3CE27BCA5057 (resized).png
    WTII.gif
    IMG_20200312_131608 (resized).jpg
    header-2 (resized).jpg
    images (resized).jpg
    addams (resized).jpg
    bonga+bonga+_goog (resized).jpg
    my-first-GIF.gif
    shaker (resized).jpg
    TOPPER (resized).jpg
    blob1 (resized).jpg
    982963B6-7C8F-4378-88BD-7B973C91F6BF.gif
    B22587C9-8403-421D-ABD4-57D8CC77463E (resized).jpeg
    There are 661 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.
    #551 4 years ago
    Quoted from Extraballz:

I hope the Spooky/ Ben Heck/ CGC collaboration has a Spooky playfield. Or at least that CGC gets the special sauce recipe from Spooky.

Seems like the new standard in pinball playfields that RaM demonstrates, could simply be a product steming from one of the most experienced companies out there for playfield quality... "Churchill Cabinet Company" ... associated with CGC, and Spooky. ? ...... Seems like the "playfield sauce" could be flowing in the other direction?

Franchi is aparently preparing a heap of "concept" Jaws translites and bringing them to TPF, talked about in the recent SAPS episode....

Some of the themes being speculated about don't seem all that conducive to lots of "mech" with ball/player interaction. RHPS is a totally lame theme to me, and what are the mechs? . Jaws could certainly have boats and sharks and stuff that could change and interact with the ball.

What are the big themes that play into alot of playfield mechanical interaction?

#552 4 years ago

Well, I just blew my pinball wad on ACNC and R&M...I’m so impressed. I can’t wait for what’s to come. I’m ready to sell some good pins.

#553 4 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

Seems like the new standard in pinball playfields that RaM demonstrates, could simply be a product steming from one of the most experienced companies out there for playfield quality... "Churchill Cabinet Company" ... associated with CGC, and Spooky. ? ...... Seems like the "playfield sauce" could be flowing in the other direction?
    Franchi is aparently preparing a heap of concept Jaws translites and bringing them to TPF, talked about in the recent SAPS episode....
    Some of the themes being speculated about don't seem all that conducive to lots of "mech" with ball/player interaction. RHPS is a totally lame theme to me, and what are the mechs? . Jaws could certainly have boats and sharks and stuff that could change and interact with the ball.
    What are the big themes that play into alot of playfield mechanical interaction?

BTTF: Hover board. Delorean. Train. F'ing time travel..

Army of Darkness: Chainsaw. Boomstick. Medieval car/windmill battlewagon.

Jaws would be sweet. I'd take a properly done Alien too

#554 4 years ago

Seems to be three there that can kinda fit into the brief:

BTTF
    Jaws
    Alien(s)

????

If BTTF what will be the situation with likeness of MJF? . Theme has great potential for an interactive and theme integrated playfield layout and features. Jaws too; sinking ships, emerging sharks, put the bomb barrel in the sharks mouth etc.

If Alien they would surely go with the most iconic movie, the Sequel, and as yet unused title... AlienS (for a New version). Would/could they go still with an Alien eating the ball? .... what could be better original toy/playfield ideas for Alien?

Some other suggestions could be great titles for pinball: Gremlins or He-Man ... but are they Big Popular licences with relatively broad appeal or recognition?. Gremlins perhaps more than He-Man and Masters of the Universe.

Are these more recognised than something like Inspector Gadget? . The problem with Inspector Gadget is every man and his dog is going to *Expect there to be a car that transforms between sportscar/police car/submarine/plane AND have a Gadget doll on the playfield out of which a spinning "Gadget Copter" emerges!

IG is a kids theme though like Scooby Doo ... not a pinball theme that is really going to sell because of theme....

Masters of the Universe could be a fantastic looking game if it is done well. Would need Casle of Greyskull on the playfield (to enter and interact with), plenty of Good callouts, and She-Ra featuring alongside, as essentials. Could have truly fantastic art!

#555 4 years ago

You can make pins happen by typing a theme enough times on Pinside. Iron Maiden being a prime example.

If BTTF or Jaws haven't happened by now they're not going to.

#556 4 years ago
    Quoted from benheck:

You can make pins happen by typing a theme enough times on Pinside. Iron Maiden being a prime example.
    If BTTF or Jaws haven't happened by now they're not going to.

So you're saying Scooby Doo and/or Beetlejuice have a chance....

#557 4 years ago

Beetlejuice

#558 4 years ago

Beetlejuice..

#560 4 years ago

Beetlejuice !

982963B6-7C8F-4378-88BD-7B973C91F6BF.gif982963B6-7C8F-4378-88BD-7B973C91F6BF.gif
    #561 4 years ago
    Quoted from titanpenguin:

Beetlejuice ![quoted image]

I LIKE IT!!!

#562 4 years ago

BJ sounds like a good acronym to me.

#563 4 years ago

So when will we know more about when we will know more?

#564 4 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

So when will we know more about when we will know more?

I would expect TPF 18 days is when this teaser could be announced, in addition to other news / reveals from various other vendors.

#565 4 years ago

12 pages in 7 days? Thankfully I just skipped from 1 to 12 and missed nothing but the memes... Quick scroll through the thread pictures... Got it. The usual suspects. (And no, I am not suggesting that kick-ass movie for a theme.) Still waiting on a Better Off Dead machine...

#566 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I would expect TPF 18 days is when this teaser could be announced, in addition to other news / reveals from various other vendors.

I doubt we will hear anything on this at TPF. Maybe the next remake, CC. We'll probably be lucky to hear anything by Chicago Expo.

#567 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

12 pages in 7 days? Thankfully I just skipped from 1 to 12 and missed nothing but the memes... Quick scroll through the thread pictures... Got it. The usual suspects. (And no, I am not suggesting that kick-ass movie for a theme.) Still waiting on a Better Off Dead machine...

That would be awesome...."I want my $2..." on the first coin drop!!

#568 4 years ago

Nobody would expect the Blob! It tosses Nickelodeon Gack / blob type stuff at your face while wizard mode starts lol

blob1 (resized).jpgblob1 (resized).jpg
    #569 4 years ago

I'm really curious why more pinball doesn't have interactive stuff as Ben mentioned... Example of this and something simple to achieve is Disney World has an attraction called "It's Tough to Be a Bug!" inside the tree of life at Animal Kingdom from the movie a Bug's Life... During the attraction "Hornets sting the audience (which triggers hidden pokers as well as leg ticklers in the back of the seats)"

How amazing would stuff like that be to implement into pinball, hide them in the legs, the sides of the cabinets / near the flipper buttons. Does any game do that ?! Where it's not just mechanically interacting with the ball / playfield toys, but actually the player ?!

#570 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I'm really curious why more pinball doesn't have interactive stuff as Ben mentioned... Example of this and something simple to achieve is Disney World has an attraction called "It's Tough to Be a Bug!" inside the tree of life at Animal Kingdom from the movie a Bug's Life... During the attraction "Hornets sting the audience (which triggers hidden pokers as well as leg ticklers in the back of the seats)"
    How amazing would stuff like that be to implement into pinball, hide them in the legs, the sides of the cabinets / near the flipper buttons. Does any game do that ?! Where it's not just mechanically interacting with the ball / playfield toys, but actually the player ?!

TOPPER (resized).jpgTOPPER (resized).jpg
    #571 4 years ago

Yes I own a whirlwind and it blows wind at your face which is what I'm saying an amazing novelty that works incredibly with the theme,... why don't we have more games incorporate physical interaction with the player ?!

#572 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

Yes I own a whirlwind and it blows wind at your face which is what I'm saying an amazing novelty that works incredibly with the theme,... why don't we have more games incorporate physical interaction with the player ?!

shaker (resized).jpgshaker (resized).jpg
    #573 4 years ago
    Quoted from tomdotcom:

[quoted image]

While that's true, Shakers are in MANY games... what's a unique interactive feature specific to the theme that interacts with the player ?

#574 4 years ago

So you're hoping for something more like this?

my-first-GIF.gifmy-first-GIF.gif
    #575 4 years ago
    Quoted from TherealDroopy:

So you're hoping for something more like this?[quoted image]

on the right track... I mean look at boon-ga boon-ga

bonga+bonga+_goog (resized).jpgbonga+bonga+_goog (resized).jpg
    #576 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

BOM.

#577 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

addams (resized).jpgaddams (resized).jpg
    #578 4 years ago
    Quoted from mrclean:

I'm really curious why more pinball doesn't have interactive stuff as Ben mentioned...

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
    #580 4 years ago

It’s not BTTF as stern are doing that.

#581 4 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

How long before they run out of outdated data east has been themes to rehash? I'm kinda looking forward to them redoing some of those stellar sega titles.

#582 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

How long before they run out of outdated data east has been themes to rehash? I'm kinda looking forward to them redoing some of those stellar sega titles.

I would love for someone to take on a WW2 Naval war theme. Possibly pick an epic battle like Samar or Surigao straight.

I realize this would be niche but maybe with someone like Sterns vault/contract pins... I would love to imagine an Iron Maiden rethemed as something like this.

#583 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

o o-din, haven't you figured out this pinball scam? They will of course do a rehash of the rehash!

#584 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

O-din you shut your dirty mouth

BTTF deserves a game that isn’t a complete turd, although I’m not sure if I’m all that happy hearing Stern are doing it.

#585 4 years ago

Make mine MMFR - Shiny and Chrome Edition.

header-2 (resized).jpgheader-2 (resized).jpg

#586 4 years ago
    Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Is that a wild rumour or guess or are there any serious indications on this?

#587 4 years ago

Yep hopefully something a bit grown up for fucks sake

#588 4 years ago
    Quoted from Neal_W:

Make mine MMFR - Shiny and Chrome Edition.
    [quoted image]

Wish I could upvote twice
    I would jump into this hobby with both feet if it was done right. Use images from the game or movie or the comics that came out recently. Gritty comic book mad max art would be awesome. Alice cooper style but Mad Max.

#589 4 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

O-din you shut your dirty mouth
    BTTF deserves a game that isn’t a complete turd, although I’m not sure if I’m all that happy hearing Stern are doing it.

Maybe in the 90's.....now? No. The delorean will be a non descript vehicle, and Marty will be voiced by Eric Stoltz.

#590 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Maybe in the 90's.....now? No. The delorean will be a non descript vehicle, and Marty will be voiced by Eric Stoltz.

BTTF is as popular as ever. The DeLorean is so iconic especially in relation to BTTF I don’t think pulling a JP Jeep move would work.

Donate a small % of the sale proceedings or line up some charity events (launch parties) in relation to MJF Foundation and I bet he would be on board, worked for VP Cabs.

#591 4 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

BTTF is as popular as ever. The DeLorean is so iconic especially in relation to BTTF I don’t think pulling a JP Jeep move would work.
    Donate a small % of the sale proceedings or line up some charity events (launch parties) in relation to MJF Foundation and I bet he would be on board, worked for VP Cabs.

What I meant was a good machine would have been more practical in the 90's. Now, I think by the time they paid for the license you'd end up with a whitewood and some hot wheels glued around it. (although you might be right)

#592 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

What I meant was a good machine. I think by the time they paid for the license you'd end up with a whitewood and some hot wheels glued around it.

Probably why it’s going to be a KaPow release if it does get done. Regardless it will likely be a disappointment but one can hope.

#593 4 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

And this year is the 35th anniversary

#594 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

Might as well get Roiland to do the voice of Marty Lol ... maybe he'd pose for the backglass too?

Agree the theme is a waste of effort without MJF and the deolorian. Might as well be family ties ....

#595 4 years ago
    Quoted from razorsedge:

Might as well be family ties ....

Which isn't the worst idea.

#596 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Which isn't the worst idea.

Lol

#597 4 years ago

I feel like the Eric Stoltz callout comment went over some peoples heads I thought it was clever AF.

#598 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I feel like the Eric Stoltz callout comment went over some peoples heads I thought it was clever AF.

Yeah we got it, it was decent. But re bumping your own jokes; rough!

#599 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah we got it, it was decent. But re bumping your own jokes; rough!

ikr!

#600 4 years ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

I got it but didn’t want to bring too much attention to it, don’t give Stern ideas.

There are 661 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-cgc-and-ben-heck-join-forces/page/12?hl=hayrebear and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.