harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2469 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

“You’re not a Monster Squad Virgin are you”?!
[quoted image]

Very underrrated film. Monsters were beyond awesome and kids were great and basically just a fun flick. I watched it with my kids when they were young and was like, ‘Huh. How did I miss this before?’

3 weeks later
#4378 2 years ago

Any idea how to access Fang club after paying last week? Can’t even find a link on website.

#4908 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I'm a simple man, I hear "John Carpenter" and I start throwing money. I'll buy whatever the hell this is. Fang Club renewed.

The Thing. The Fog. Escape from NY. Halloween. Christine. His music pulls me in. A must have pin if design looks interesting.

#5088 2 years ago
Quoted from nikk:

When it will be possible to preorder on spooky website?

Question of the day. I emailed Spooky but no response.

#6145 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

My non pinball friends think a Scooby Doo pin would be awesome. Many of us so called boomers or old men/woman grew up with Scooby and theirs a lot of us out there. There’s a reason Scooby is still around after 51 years and still has fans over multiple generations. It would sell very well just like Toy Story would, regardless if you think it’s meh.

it's meh.

#6202 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:Plus, Spooky needs to do penance for contract dreck like Domino's and especially Jetsons. Scooby Doo with a good BoM would cleanse those sins.

Good luck with the campy 70’s craptoons. I’ll stick with the adult title of Micheal Myers cuz I’m all grow’d up now and I want a serial killer in my house.*

*huh. With another one in my house that’d be two under the same roof.

#6324 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

America, Fk Yeah!
[quoted image]

While I appreciate the overall excitement of this upcoming event, putting a serial killer with an American flag backdrop feels nope.

#6345 2 years ago
Quoted from thechakapakuni:

How about this one? Tomorrow we get a new pinball game and it’s a holiday. Happy 4th buddy!
[quoted image]

902F7FDC-1A80-4234-BEC3-681F69E1160D.gif902F7FDC-1A80-4234-BEC3-681F69E1160D.gif
#6386 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptK:

Poseidon Adventure + slime-y/squid-y monsters + jetskis and fire!?! WTH? YAS!!!

NOW WHAT??

Great flick.

#6445 2 years ago

Iirc RM reveal was about 10am.

#6451 2 years ago

I’m excited about this one. Adult themes always get my interest!
And seems loaded with mechs and extras while other manufacturers are cutting out stuff.

SPOOKY FOR THE WIN!

A3891231-3A33-431E-9594-A5D495C3C9FB.gifA3891231-3A33-431E-9594-A5D495C3C9FB.gif
#6479 2 years ago

When do sales open up?

#6532 2 years ago

Wrong about the butter cab. Needs that with this artwork! Wow.

#6932 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Hell yeah, R&RHS and Fast Times at Ridgemont High were some of the first movies I ever watched repeatedly.

Yeah I’ll bet….

CDAFD9EE-BBC5-419F-BE73-9752929A3A77.gifCDAFD9EE-BBC5-419F-BE73-9752929A3A77.gif
#7190 2 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

If I had to assign numbers to it. I would say maybe 40-50% of the pinball market had no idea what R&M was. Ultraman, more like 98%.

Quoted from Beechwood:

No one needs to order the first day, let alone the first hour to get one of these pins. Just RELAX people. Plenty to go around.
(My F5 button thanks you.)

Jokes on you. My purchasing software on my Vic20 will guarantee me spot #2. Aww yeah, Motorola 816 bit power baby.

#7357 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I see 5 or 6 shots that lead directly to the flippers on the main PF.If so ,wouldn’t this have more Flow than Mels Diner?

HA! I get that reference! Nice…

#7387 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

I saw them put up photos of a Standard without the proper translite and then take them down. Still nothing new.

Over excitement. Should be a helluva night at the old Emery house…

#7571 2 years ago

NICE. ONLINE ONLY BUT CANNOT HANDLE TRAFFIC.

#7584 2 years ago

WELL, THIS RUSH WAS UNEXPECTED. G ZUS...

#7629 2 years ago

BUTTER OPTION????

#7638 2 years ago

SHIPPING WILL BE CALCULATED LATER? STUCK HERE...

#7656 2 years ago

YEP.SAME HERE...

#7686 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

How do you select butter cab? Is that an option later on after deposits?

CHARLIE SAID AT TIME OF BUILD

#7723 2 years ago

WELL, I TRIED. STORE CLOSED

#7851 2 years ago

PLACED ORDER WITH PINBALLSTAR. TOOK 15 SECONDS.

#8223 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

You are WRONG, at check out it says select either standard or butter cab and i missed it. Now i have to contact distributor to change it.

JULY 7TH
SpookyLuke
#1 of 22021-07-07 10:12
Direct print option butter will be asked at the time of build

Pm from them.

#8224 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Trying to win a war on ethics grounds, both on this forum, or in this hobby in general....is like pissing as hard as you can into the wind while aiming upward, trying to hit a target behind you.
All you're going to get is piss spray in your face for the effort.
As long as the option is present, people ARE going to try to arbitrage this crap, and anything else in demand. It's not someone's fault for trying to make a buck, especially in MURICA where money is our only one true god.....if you want to complain, then take it to the vendors that allow people to get away with it in the first place. Are their ethics any better than the flipper if they allow it to happen, because it's beneficial to their bottom line? Not really, IMO....but in my opinion, this is all a moot point. This crap will never go away, and it's not worth the stress to even pay attention when it happens.

Well said. Not worth the judgment when it happens. Just gawk at the madness and move on.

#8299 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

How is this game sold out and we have not seen any gameplay at all

Other two major manufacturers are having either lack of QC or pf issues, and supposedly service after the sale is lacking, along with this being a truly innovative looking layout from a hobby driven family business and sprinkle in a red hot pin market?

Recipe for super fast sales.

Btw, not quite sold out completely. Not yet. One may not wait a few more days to make up one’s mind.

#8302 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

And why is Ben not telling us all about his new board and the improvements it makes to the game?

Cuz he’s probably conking out with the Emery clan. Can only imagine they’ll sleep like the dead tonight. ‘Pleasance’ dreams…

#8583 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Do you struggle with reading comprehension, how did I belittle CE buyers?

I’m a CE buyer and have yet to feel belittled. In fact I feel embiggened with these stats.

Good day sir. I SAID GOOD DAY!

083C84BC-822E-4654-8CBC-36BC8B98ED12.gif083C84BC-822E-4654-8CBC-36BC8B98ED12.gif
#8784 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

[quoted image]

Such a great flick.

#8786 2 years ago
Quoted from Ty-Arnold:

Does anyone know when we get to see any game play videos?

I heard general public sales are in a few weeks? Anyone feel free to correct me.

Possibly then? And what pins will be left to purchase?

#8818 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's where FOMO comes into play

Nah. Way better than FOMO. Pure Spooky love baby.

#8908 2 years ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

I'm a fang club member and couldn't order the game. I called spooky and their customer service didn't care at all. I should say I did end up getting one but through a distributor and nothing to do with the fang club. I've had issues both with this launch and Rick and Morty (can't checkout says I'm not a fang club member but I am). Have asked customer service to fix it but no response.
I guess I have to get on them before I almost miss release #3 on my fang club history

If you already got one through a Distro doesn’t that mean Fang club membership worked? I also had to order through a Distro and honestly I’ll do it more often from now on. Joe saved me hours of online headaches. ( no offense Spooky, but that 1999 website needs a revamp!).

#8911 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Yeah, I think I’m good with my $1500 deposit. I had sent him a message asking about sending him more along the way. Hopefully without a PayPal fee every time. It’s ok... there’s still lots of time.

I’m not gonna beat up on the paypal fees. Peanuts compared to what we're really spending.

#8981 2 years ago

If any pin company may make themselves a ‘lifestyle’ brand, it’s Spooky. Hell, he’s living it himself!

#8986 2 years ago

I enjoyed my Bela Lugosi Fang club merch.

#9256 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah a lot of people are anxiously awaiting Kvan! Don’t seem very prepared for this launch. A week later and haven’t gotten through the slot numbers for everybody.
Huge success brings its challenges!

Agreed. Time better spent getting their shit together on builds and allotments than game play footage for a pin that is probably sold out.

Besides, gameplay footage gives the naysayers ammunition to pick shit apart. Spooky deserves better.

#9396 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I knew I had officially reached Old Fogey status when Spooky announced Rick & Morty, and my reaction was, “who are Rick and Gordy?” It wasn’t that I was not a fan, I had actually never heard of R & M ever. I watch a lot of movies, but never any tv shows or new content. I do love Halloween, my favorite horror movie and holiday! So, yeah. I’m officially old.

Not a matter of age. Show is intellectually very funny at all ages. I only watched a few years ago cuz a coworker 1/2 my age watched it by accident and told me about it. She had no idea what she was watching but loved it.

1 week later
#9622 2 years ago

Halloween CE either # 908 or #924? Pinballstar is using initials as person machine order number.

#9673 2 years ago

I’ll get an email from Joe a year from now requesting balance payment and I’m sure I’ll be like, ‘Hey Honey. Who do we owe $7k to?’

This pin will be new to me all over again!

#9691 2 years ago
Quoted from pldubya43:

Who has experience with the Butter Cabinet? I want to know if it's worth the investment.

Had it on my wozecle. Highly recommend just be careful. Can’t just scratch it up and redecal it. Gloss is amazing and feel is dolphin smooth. Decals don’t compare. Is it worth the grand? No idea.

#9693 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Any thoughts on how paranoid I should be getting an early run machine? I am number 58. This is my first home pin and will be learning a lot about maintenance and stuff as I go. Luckily I have some friends around who are more seasoned.
I ultimately think I am probably being paranoid. I can always update the code as it matures, and figure Spooky will take care of any thing else mechanical due to their excellent service reputation.

You should be scared to death. Hell, you’ll be lucky it comes assembled.

Spooky has a strong track record of upgrading first runs. You’ll be fine.

#9695 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Most people say it looks amazing and if you are able to display it in a way that it can be seen, go for it(I will be) if its in a row of pins or the cab art really cant be seen, not worth it. Some say it does does add value at resale, other say it doesnt. Im not getting if to up the value, I will be able to show both sides of the pin, so a no brainer to me.

Even in my tight lineup I’m getting butter. The feel in the palm of your hand…amazing. Like stroking a new gloss paint job. With my fingers on the buttons I’ll enjoy caressing lower…awww yeah…

#9779 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

With Ultraman coming to the booth at Pinfest on Friday/Saturday with a presume roadwarrior trip on Thrusday, I am guessing we will see some sort of reveal stream on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Can't wait Spooky!

Hoping it’s a crappy iPhone video shot with tons of background noises so you can’t even hear the pin they’re trying to showcase with a dude who drains every 3 seconds. Cuz that sells pins right there. Looks and sounds and plays like—‘what’s going on???’ TAKE MY MONEY!

Seriously though Spooky…don’t. Nothing is better than that.

#9780 2 years ago

That’s Gary Stern. Nice try…

Hey all y’all it’s a sabotage!

#9842 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

No one is piling up on the guy. Why does everyone pull the "cancel culture" card when they get called out for being a creep?

This whole triggered thing isn't new. Growing up in the eighties I got into fights over stupid stuff. Now it's all online. No way to get closure. We'd throw down and it was over.

Now arguments can fester and boil. Pandemic made things worse. Cancel culture in my opinion is trying to damage a persons reputation by continuous slanders and insults until the 'collective' agrees and that person is thrown out of the populous congregation. Seems you are triggered by one statement which set you into a post after post attack. So cancel culture applies here. Again, text sucks compared to conversation.

#9891 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:Triggered, cancel culture, white knights...we got the trifecta of redirection here. No one is getting canceled. Someone got called out for saying some inappropriate things. That is what happens in a forum...people discuss. OP apologized...I literally upvoted his post and moved on. You should too.

Waaay ahead of ya. Don’t care enough to give a shit.

Anyways….back to Spooky. Anyone have notions on first shipments?

#9927 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Well, Bug and Luke implied that it would be easy to take the upper PFs off and put them back on. I think they specifically said that was one of their priorities, based on the difficulty of assembly/disassembly of previous upper pfs.

A video of easy disassembly would be very cool!

#9952 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Also, the CGC remakes have some damn big boards attached to those pfs.

True. They've been going strong since 2014 with the first run MMR's. Not worried about under pf tech as much as I used to be. Shit has come a long way since days of Atari pins.

#9960 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

What does that make Congo?

A B movie. With one creepy ass mechanical gorilla. Just watched on Netflix. Aged like milk. Damn.

#10011 2 years ago

Those pumpkin speaker lights look creepy af! Love it. Music is exactly how I hoped it’d be.

For such a packed pf it looks like that balls flying!

#10013 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Got motion sickness from them moving so much while recording.

Crappy phone video reveal. Not as horrendously cringy as I had feared and looks more fun than I thought. But yes. Stay in one place man. Felt like ‘dancin with the pins’. Lol.

#10083 2 years ago

Cut your hair you hippie!!

FF5E53FB-2161-4EC4-8CFD-1295AA4F3B94 (resized).jpegFF5E53FB-2161-4EC4-8CFD-1295AA4F3B94 (resized).jpeg
#10148 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

This is pinball not the stock market.

Oh yeah? When’s it gonna act like it? Speculate much everyone?

#10168 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Ahh.. “Manic depression”
Good for you! Although in 25 years, you still haven’t learned how to shut your mouth.

PINSIDE (resized).jpgPINSIDE (resized).jpg
6 months later
#10501 2 years ago

Since Stern doesn’t seriously own the license, seems up for grabs.

F2F5F1FF-5B7B-4890-919B-6D00F86EDBDA.gifF2F5F1FF-5B7B-4890-919B-6D00F86EDBDA.gif
4 months later
#10849 1 year ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Huge phan of this idea.

HA! Nice…

5 months later
#11707 1 year ago

Scooby Doo? Blech. I thought ultraman was the only anomaly so far in this adult horror pin company.

6155EEC5-D2D9-42D6-90AB-112756D7E234.gif6155EEC5-D2D9-42D6-90AB-112756D7E234.gifC6F5F67A-E2C6-46DC-A6A3-B42C112677CD.gifC6F5F67A-E2C6-46DC-A6A3-B42C112677CD.gif
#11708 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

There is really only one title I can think of now that would make me an instant buyer of the next Spooky pin. That would be Return of the Living Dead and they have to get Linnea Quigley for the call outs.
[quoted image]

Fuck yeah! Top 3 of my all time favorites! Linnea is so tiny and still sexy af! Beverly is still sweet natured and Thom, James and Clu are/were real men from my generation and previous. Don was super friendly years ago and Miguel is funny as hell.

I can picture all of the remaining cast being up for callouts with Charlie and company.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider underlord.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=underlord and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.