harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider technicalsteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1913 2 years ago

Evil Dead, Scooby, Svenghoolie. I've heard B horror movie theme from some semi reliable sources.

2 weeks later
#3082 2 years ago

Well I plan on purchasing the next Spooky release mainly because I like what they are doing.

In my opinion Spooky , Haggis, and American Pinball are the ones to watch in the upcoming year.

1 week later
#3435 2 years ago

I'm really excited about this one.. Multiple Playfield levels should be epic. We know the artist.. I'm stoked.

They can have my money now.. Throwing money at spooky.. Big baller bills.

#3439 2 years ago

So with Rick and Morty selling out so darn fast.

I'm curious, did they send an email out to Members with purchase options? Prior to selling out?

1 week later
#4666 2 years ago

I will be onboard for Halloween. Or could they be messing with ya'll

#5172 2 years ago

HellRaiser - Halloween - Crossover that never was?

#5497 2 years ago

It was alway's going to be JabberJaw.

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

Or the best of Hammer Horror?

I'm not seeing the other obvious second title.. Peter Jackson's Dead Alive.

download-1 (resized).jpgdownload-1 (resized).jpg
#6001 2 years ago

Meanwhile....... At the evil marketing labs of Stern, Deep Root , JJP, Haggis and American Pinball people are taking notes of what they should be really be building...

#7067 2 years ago

I am all in on Ultraman, CE but think it will sell out fast. I know some Robot collectors already drooling once I mentioned it to my voltron, mech collecting buds. Perfect demographic . Hope we see a sell out as thar would be huge !

#7340 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would have to agree with this.
This type of “outside collector” collects trinkets - dolls, models, dioramas etc. cheap, small things they can keep in the packaging and on the bookshelf.
A huge $7,000 pinball machine is something completely different. I doubt there’s gonna be much crossover there.

Think there are a couple Pachinko Ultraman games brining in 1000-2800 and some of the toys ain't cheap trinkets.

#7832 2 years ago

Don't give up on the Spooky Shop. I think the initial frenzy may of caused some issues. I've got me Ultraman CE secured took awhile. I had item in my Cart at 9:05 but it took some patience to get it to go thru. A little frustrated but I understand the pain as I've been thru a lot of these e-commerce growing pains in my career..

#7987 2 years ago

I imagine there is going to be a big Party up in Benton tonight !

#8027 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_ric:

Spooky, if you decide to go with AWS I'm more than happy to help with the infrastructure/configuration for it. It's what I do for a living (though currently working in Azure. ick)

It wouldn't matter if it was in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud. It's about the Architecture. I'm a TA and worked for Accenture, Google and MasterCard over the years and many smaller companies designing e-commerce systems. The problem is in the e-commerce vendors architecture built on PHP and how that is ultimately configured. Due to the Single Threaded limitation on PHP and a few other popular e-commerce solutions there is a limit to how much traffic they can handle initially without properly being configured to handle high volume sales. On a single threaded solution if they do not timeout fast enough the load starts to bubble up to the users resulting in errors. What you really want is something built with .Net, Java or Python that has been set up to be multi-threaded and have that setup to scale. Many e-commerce solutions you find simply are not built to handle the high volume of a Black Friday, Event Launch or even Covid response. This is my day to day. Tried to keep it simple as no one really cares.
The e-commerce vendor should re-think how they scale and handle the single-threaded limitations of PHP. I've also seen this problem with Wordpress , and NodeJS Apis. The problem isn' one that is easy to fix but I'm sure Spooky can flex some muscles and make em change.

#9188 2 years ago

Weird Al seems like the perfect grail for a Pinball Company to pick. Though I'm not sure how the licensing part would work.
This is something I've toyed with as an idea for a home-brew pinball them as the assets are out there and UHF..
I'd like to see it done better by some folks with some experience in this racket. UHF --- poifect.
Drink from the Water Cannon.

Weird All UHF is a cornucopia of sample material itself.

Hell maybe this is my unicorn... Just need more time......

There is just so many paths one could tread even if someone picks up on the niche. It worked for him it would be Elvira huge.
Really surprised it hasn't happened or been prototyped already by Williams and Bally.

#9201 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I think it was suggested in another one of the next pin threads but a National Lampoon's Vacation pin could be fun taking advantage of the family roadtrip and could have cross-gen appeal. CGC did a generic "American Vacation" pin but it would be cool to see an officially licensed Vacation pin taking advantage of all the moments from the films, maybe get Chevy to do callouts.. Holiday roooooad!
[quoted image]

Wonder if the Actor likeness would bar entry to this.. I always thought this would be a great game to. Perfect mix of modes and loop-able bits. Though wonder what the long term longevity of this is for kids like mine who can't stand old movies. Unless its Ghostbusters or Back To Future.

2 weeks later
#9882 2 years ago

I've said it before there is a big opportunity that Stern, JJP, Deeproot, and American Pinball are missing out on.
Going put it right here as I have a feeling Pinball as we know it is about to go thru a big disruption. This idea
isn't new but I just don't hear people talking about this much in the general pinball community for a couple reasons.

However with Ben Heck's DIY background and Spooky's backstory. I think there is a big opportunity for you.
OPEN UP THE SOURCE CODE to an extent. Let the home owners, tweak the rules - invite them to fix the code when it breaks.
Invite them to propose an idea and show you there work.

Give us a machine we can get into the guts a bit more. I want mod the game in a way that makes it unique and share
that with others. "Doesn't mean it has to make it into the public tournament or location play" but I'd love to be able
to modify some minor aspects . Hell possibly add a cool mod that piggybacks off a event triggered by the CPU.

This is my biggest want from a manufacturer. That and some of the rumor "Online" disruption that is going to hit this
industry like a Kaiju at an all you can eat city buffet.

#9941 2 years ago

How much clearance will the Pinotaur board have from the bottom of cabinet?
In the case that god forbid some drunken maniac has an accident with his Flagon of whatever the hip new thing is.

#9949 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There are probably ways, but ultimately too much of a hassle and liability unless the IP holders don't care about what is done.

What would be good is for a GIT managed repo - where people could be invited to participate. Spooky still maintains control and bugfixes could be crowd sourced. Not sure what the % of developers owners are out there though.

I'm speaking more to Just Game Code that involves timing, or everyday function of game long term. Maybe have a couple open source portions that you could allow folks to look at. This way you can focus on making new games and lean on some of the community to help out without blowing up the coils or changing things up in a way that causes license issues.

Example... Ball search feature on Game X( 4 years old ) seems a bit glitchy when this event occurs. Home user knows how to reproduce and possibly solve issue. User makes a Pull request and Spooky either denies or approves. That would be super cool to be part of.

11 months later
#10924 1 year ago

TNA rumors are pretty exciting.

Factoring out TNA... Spooky will need to ensure that the next title is bulletproof.

I suppose that's why TNA makes perfect sense

#10932 1 year ago

I totally could see Stern or American swipe up the Evil Dead license. Like they did Sonic.
Just to play hardball - maybe our speculation threads are dangerous .

1 week later
#10946 1 year ago

I am not interested in a Dual releases again. Even if it is Evil Dead or Scooby.
They should focus on a single title that has been significantly polished for release day.

Think I would order a TNA as long as the price point make sense. Think I'm out if price
exceeds current Bloodsucker prices

#10948 1 year ago

The safe bet is TNA.. Give them some time to finish current line. Sure up some capitol and put polish on a new title.
With the recession , labor shortage think they gonna have to slow the roll.

2 weeks later
#10971 1 year ago

Evil Dead 1, 2 or 3 . Think I'd be your guy.
Brain Dead - Peter Jackson - Yep

What I think would be the most killer franchise title that Spooky could do. Would be "They Live"

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#10974 1 year ago

Child's Play would be Epic. I even liked the latest movie but Sucker for well done B rated flicks

3 weeks later
#11069 1 year ago

Hell is Raised is coming out - Could we potentially see Hellraiser pin?

Killer Clowns license is also out there for upcoming video game to.. hmnn.

If Spooky focuses on just Horror / Late Night Movies think they'll do just fine over next two decades.
WCCFdeadbydaylight6 (resized).jpgWCCFdeadbydaylight6 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios
Toppers
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 49.99
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider technicalsteam.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=technicalsteam and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.