harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1125 Great outline of different types of buyers. Posted by mrclean (2 years ago)

Post #6466 First release video Posted by Borygard (2 years ago)

Post #7251 Led strip explanations Posted by SpookyLuke (2 years ago)

Post #9021 Spooky interview on podcast. July 12, 2021 Posted by ZMeny (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slamt1lt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#538 2 years ago

Just speak the words: "Klaatu barada nikto" and an Evil Dead pinball machine shall appear.

1 week later
#1069 2 years ago

Goonies would be a dog shit pinball game, I've already looked at it. Beetlejuice, the same...not enough meat on the bone to make a modern pinball game. Now HALLOWEEN....there's a ton of content there from a whole movie series. It's the game everyone wants to play on Halloween.

Same with a Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th or The Evil Dead. Go for a movie series, not a single movie.

My Jaws game, had everything from Jaws but I also added stuff from Jaws 2 to flesh it out a bit. But that was nearly a decade ago. In 2021, you need a lot more content to justify the insane prices these games now command.

Christine is one of my favorite movies. In the virtual world, you could bash the car and it would magically repair itself, which would be amazing. But in the real world of pinball...it would just wobble on a spring.

I would prefer The Thing...or better still, a John Carpenter tribute table with Halloween, The Thing, Big Trouble in Little China and Christine - all in one game.

#1484 2 years ago

Looking at that teaser pic....maybe they picked up on my idea to create a pin based on the legend of King Arthur. A world-famous unlicensed theme. Possibly focusing on the adventures of Merlin. Halloween would be my top choice, but no one has the balls to make it. Too dark, too brutal, too bloody.

1 week later
#1982 2 years ago

Nightmare on Elm Street is too brutal to be a mainstream pin....same with Halloween and Friday the 13th. Pure horror just wouldn't be commercially viable, and it would take a monstrously talented coder to make it anywhere close to being scary.

Evil Dead is silly slapstick horror, with mass appeal to all ages. It's at the very top of the list for pinball 'horror' themes. There are better horror movies for sure, but non can match ED for the callouts, humor and bat-shit crazy story - it's a match made in pinball heaven, and any pinball game designer would kill to get their hands on it.

If Spooky don't make it, you can be 100% certain someone else will.

#2168 2 years ago

Doesn't matter what it is, Spooky's rep is so high, they could make a My Little Pony pin and it would sell out. But if it's Evil Dead, there will be blood, as everyone scrambles for a spot. It would break all records for the fastest selling pin of all time.

#2597 2 years ago

My immediate reaction to that teaser pic was it looked like a Dungeons and Dragons, Sword and Sorcery, Wizards and Warlocks type of theme. An original theme set in that universe would offer an ocean deep rule set with near endless possibilities.

#3036 2 years ago

My interest in pinball is only 12 years old, and the first thing I noticed is how all the pinball games seemed to be designed for children. Very childish (and unfunny) callouts, plinkity plonk music - no gore, no nudity, no naughty words....I was quick to change that with my own creations.

What the pinball world needs, is more pinball games made for ADULTS!

#3199 2 years ago

Ah, the mass-debate continues. Dredd would be an epic pin.....but no way does it jump the line ahead of Die Hard, Predator, Robocop....etc. Get back in line Dredd, behind Scooby bloody Doo.

1 week later
#4020 2 years ago

Horror is my top theme for a pinball game. A pinball machine is tailor made for this genre - it's physical, it's mechanical, it has real lighting effects.....no video game or movie can reproduce that. But no, you all get endless kiddie games and old man Rock. Like I've said before.....no one has the balls to make a true horror experience.

#4068 2 years ago

Pretty sure Camp Crystal was F13.

#4070 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Actually we will be doing a video to clear these things up early in the week!

Lots of clues in this quote: "Actually" could be Love Actually. '"Will" could relate to a Will Smith theme? Men in Black possibly? "video" is Videodrome, obviously. "Things" is The Thing, maybe. "Up", hope it's not the Disney flick. "Week", something kinky for the grown ups - 9 1/2 weeks perhaps.

#4975 2 years ago

Some of these great movies don't always translate well to a pinball experience. But you're welcome to try.

#5639 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I would really struggle coming up with rules that totally fit within the first Halloween. Really the only scene I know I'd want is Michael getting shot by Dr. Loomis and falling off the balcony at the end. For that scene I would want to shoot something six times, representing the six gunshots. I'm trying to think about what else is iconic in Halloween.

For a modern pinball game, there isn't enough content in the original movie to keep the player interested for long. The movie plot is extremely simple - Michael escapes, Michael kills, Michael 'dies' - rinse and repeat for another 6 movies.

For a modern pin, you really need to go with Elm Street or Evil Dead for a much deeper, more engaging rule set. And the 2 biggest personalities in the world of horror are probably, Ash and Freddy.

I'm sure Spooky have something up their sleeve. 2 games in one would only work if it was the same theme, but in 2 different styles. You can't switch the artwork. So perhaps they're doing the old Family Guy/Shrek thing, 2 themes using the same layout, but 2 separate games.

That teaser pic they released a while back has nothing to do with the Halloween movie...if anything, it's closer to Scooby Doo.

Horror is the hardest theme to pull off successfully, because it has to be scary or at least make you feel uneasy....otherwise you end up with Monster Bash or Scared Stiff. And the only way to make Halloween scary, is if you have access to full assets, including Jamie-Lee Curtis, the wonderful Donald Pleasance and of course, John Carpenter's epic soundtrack (a Denesi remix might be ok).

Halloween III's soundtrack alone, is enough to make you shit your pants...

#6302 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I wonder if the obscure, family-themed second title is Eraserhead?
I mean, what's more "family" than having a baby? Plus it's spooky![quoted image]

Yeah, could also be Rosemary's Baby or Child's Play.

Kid-friendly theme? Crazy thing is, I watched Halloween when I was a kid and loved it. The only impact it had on me as a nipper, was it developed my love for Horror. The original King Kong freaked me out though.

#8108 2 years ago

Nice one Spooky. Halloween is a great theme for a pinball game...designed and built my own many years ago. You'll have a blast playing it.

vlcsnap-2021-07-07-18h55m54s990 (resized).pngvlcsnap-2021-07-07-18h55m54s990 (resized).pngvlcsnap-2021-07-07-18h56m17s454 (resized).pngvlcsnap-2021-07-07-18h56m17s454 (resized).png
1 month later
#10205 2 years ago

2 nice looking games, but more frustrating than fun to shoot. A nice novelty in your collection, but it won't stay there for long.

1 year later
#11501 1 year ago

Let's hope they keep the Carpenter vibe going and tackle The Thing next. Stunning soundtrack by the master of music Ennio Morricone.

Keep the adult themes going... no more kiddie games!! F-U Toy Story.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 300.00
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider slamt1lt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread?tu=slamt1lt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.